[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to buy my first pistol..I like the size of the glock 19,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1482649929677.jpg (58KB, 500x440px) Image search: [Google]
1482649929677.jpg
58KB, 500x440px
I want to buy my first pistol..I like the size of the glock 19, but are there any other options similar? Also 9mm or .40?
>>
>>32593563
9mm.
>>
File: IMG_6292-450x450.jpg (46KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6292-450x450.jpg
46KB, 450x450px
>>32593563
OP here, this is the pistol I am looking at..I am not crazy about the threaded barrel which is why I am looking into alternatives of similar size/ergonomics. Sig? H&K?
>>
>>32593669
Sig P320 Compact Midframe, HK VP9, FNS-9 or FNS-9C.

Why the fuck do you need a threaded barrel and suppressor ready sights? Are you gonna can it? Cause if not that's throwing money away.

And from someone who carries a .40, go with 9mm.
.40 is.....An acquired taste. Kind of like whiskey. We all now it's not great, but it's hard to stop.
>>
>>32593563
Plastic striker fired pistols are all pretty much the same so it comes down to ergonomics. Go to the gun store and feel up a bunch guns.

If the FBI data is trustworthy: capacity>stoppin power, ergo 9mm>.40.
>>
>>32593563
.354331 inch
>>
>>32593669
Factory threaded Glocks are tits. Don't ever .40 unless its during an ammo scare, stupid useless award to compromise.

But for your sake some comparably sized guns:
HK: P30 / P2000 / USP Compact / VP9
Walther: PPQ slightly larger
FN Herstal: FNS-9C with the thumb extension on the factory mag is almost the exact dimensions of the G19
Lionheart LH9
Sig Sauer: P320 compact, SP2022 (maybe, it's a thick bitch), P229 (boat anchor and thick)
HS200-I mean Springfield XDs excluded because fuck that shit
CZ: P01, 75D, P07, P10 whenever it gets released.

Seriously though, buy a gen4 Glock 19 or a Gen 3 RTF2 19, it exists in that Goldilocks zone of not too big or small, is easy to shoot well, cheap accessories, speaking of accessories and aftermarket parts, there's a metric fuckton of them out there because they've been around so long.
>>
G26 is smaller, g34 is bigger but competition sized, g17 is bigger still, g17L is fuckhuge.
>>
>>32593855
What this guy said.

I have a Springfield XDm, it's around the same size as a G19. But, like I said.. What that guy said ^^
>>
>>32593890
Isn't the G17L the same size as the G34? Because if it is, it's the same size as a 1911 then. Not exactly sure that I would call that " fuckhuge ", but it is big.
>>
>>32593563
>>32593669
Just get the Glock 19. You won't regret it, especially after you fire a few hundred rounds and get it broken in. Don't get the threaded barrel for a carry pistol, it'll just get in the way. Glock barrels are piss easy to change so you can always get one later.
>>
>>32593563
>>>32593669
>Factory threaded Glocks are tits. Don't ever .40 unless its during an ammo scare, stupid useless award to compromise.
>
>But for your sake some comparably sized guns:
>HK: P30 / P2000 / USP Compact / VP9
>Walther: PPQ slightly larger
>FN Herstal: FNS-9C with the thumb extension on the factory mag is almost the exact dimensions of the G19
>Lionheart LH9
>Sig Sauer: P320 compact, SP2022 (maybe, it's a thick bitch), P229 (boat anchor and thick)
>HS200-I mean Springfield XDs excluded because fuck that shit
>CZ: P01, 75D, P07, P10 whenever it gets released.
>
>Seriously though, buy a gen4 Glock 19 or a Gen 3 RTF2 19, it exists in that Goldilocks zone of not too big or small, is easy to shoot well, cheap accessories, speaking of accessories and aftermarket parts, there's a metric fuckton of them out there because they've been around so long.

Awesome, I'll look into those..thanks
>>
9mm, Sig P320. Has multiple different configurations for carry and target practice and is easy to switch between. Arguably best factory trigger. Sig level quality and warranty.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.