[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am planning on buying a gun for the first time on my birthday

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

I am planning on buying a gun for the first time on my birthday next month and i am really leaning towards an AK style rifle. Im torn between the more expensive WASR-10 or the Zastava NPAP, but id be open to a century arms C39V2 due to the milled reciever. Anyone have any advice for me? Pic related
>>
>>32592704
WASR or bust.
>>
>WASR
>$700

What the fuck happened.
>>
>>32593012
The AK community is full of autists, what the fuck did you expect?

>muh cast trunnions
>muh combloc
>>
>>32593012
The AK market went to complete and utter shit and imploded on itself, that's what.
>>
>>32592704
Don't listen to the meme lords. AKs are fine and reliable, lookup Classicfirearms, Slickguns, Gunbroker, Gunsamerica.

Stay away from I.O. , American made AKs unless Rifle Dynamics, and Polish AK.
NPAP is fine so is the WASR, just take into account if you want a nice rifle to upgrade later, or a decent rifle and upgrade asap.
>>
>>32592704
Check gunbroker for decent deals on wasrs
>>
>>32592704
I'd get a Wasr over Npap but I wouldn't pay that price. Put a want to buy add on armslist for 600 or cruise local pawn shops. I wouldn't buy an RAS or C39 but in my own personal experience Century parts kit guns are good to go as long as you stay in the AKM category. No 74s. The PSA aks are nice as well. From personal experience never buy IO
>>
Get a wasr for sure, but try to find a better deal on ak forums or gunbroker etc. cause that shits expensive and it has shitty wood on it
>>
>>32593288
yeah the wood is shit, but its new and i know its not a shit older wasr. Which is the reason not a lot of people like it. Ill just get new furniture or stain the furniture on it to make it darker.
>>
>>32593288
the chrome lined barrel in the new wasr's are very nice as well and are also new, which also makes me lean towards it (also the ak operators union tested the npap and it didnt do near as well as the wasr did). nice dubs btw
>>
if anyone happens to walk into the thread, how do i do the ffl dealer shipping thing? will i be charged by the ffl dealer and do i need to bring anything with me?
>>
>>32593630
Basicly you have to find a gunshop near you, and tell them you're having a rifle shipped to them. They need to send a copy of their FFL license to the store you bought it from. Generally when you purchase a gun online they will tell you that you need to have your FFL fax their shit to this number or foward it to this email.
>>
Why don't you treat yourself to a better looking AK? Its your birthday.
>>
File: MagpulAK3.jpg (358KB, 1408x711px) Image search: [Google]
MagpulAK3.jpg
358KB, 1408x711px
>>32592993
This
>>32593204
and this.

Posting my WASR because WASR.
>>
>>32593012
This always happens, now some new shitty cheap ak will be talked shit on and go up in price just like the wasr. It is a cycle just like with the Romy G kits before them.
>>
>>32593456
>shit older wasr.

I take offense on behalf of my 'shit' older WASR.

She works just fine, faglord.
>>
I just bought one from Palmetto State Armory and it's got good reviews from AKOUL.
>>
File: IMG_3160 (2).png (749KB, 641x1034px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3160 (2).png
749KB, 641x1034px
>>32593456
>>32593483
those tests the 'operators' do isn't anything you're going to be doing to the rifle, you're not burning 1000 rounds through it as fast as possible. an old wasr will be just fine, it's served me well and mine was a real piece of shit one.
>>
>>32592704
Just buy a AR. No reason to buy anything else these days unless you're a collector.
>>
>>32593933
Or if you want to have a more reliable firearm that's easier to clean, turns heads at the range, you can get an ak.
>>
>>32593261
Didn't PSA and get a bad rap for some god awful castings?
>>
>>32593974
Both of those are not true, and I own both.
>>
>>32594017
Everyone and their mothers has an ar. nobody at a range gives two shits about one because they probably have a couple themselves. taking apart an ak involves pressing a button and pulling a few parts out of it, boom it's field stripped ready to clean. the only advantages of an ar is 5.56, lightweight, and customizable (for people who think they need more then iron sights to shoot 100 yds)
>>
>>32594056
What do you think the routine is for field stripping an AR? You push two pins and pull the bolt out.
>>
>>32593915
generally the magwells werent filed correctly ive heard, i wouldnt know though. i know some were done well by century but i heard a lot of them weren't. im not really looking for an ak like that, id rather get a brand new quality checked one with a 1 year factory warranty
>>
>>32594087
AR's are nice guns, but its so common. Both the AR and the AK are nice platforms the AK just has a bigger round, is more reliable, and is something unique, in the US anyway
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.