[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will the 1986 Hughes Amendment ever be repealed now that trump

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 30

File: 220px-William_J._Hughes.jpg (15KB, 220x276px) Image search: [Google]
220px-William_J._Hughes.jpg
15KB, 220x276px
Will the 1986 Hughes Amendment ever be repealed now that trump is in?

God i hate that cunt (pic related)
>>
/k/ has to meme like it has never memed before.
>>
>>32587906
Doesn't really matter to me.
But probably not.
>>
>>32587906
no.
>>
Nah probably not
>>
>>32587906
I doubt it. I think the 1989 assault weapons import ban would be more likely for him to EO away, but that's got a very slim chance of happening.
>>
>>32587952
>>32587988
>>32588022
This is why /k/ is a low energy board.

It refuses to believe.
>>
>>32588045
Nigga please. You know how badly I want that shit gone?
I want to believe. I really do. But until I see a big push, I'm not gonna get my hopes up
>>
>>32588073
You don't have to get your hopes, you just have to meme it, bitch boi.
>>
>>32588031
Pretty sure that wasn't an EO and that was the ATF that came up with it, not Bush.
>>
>>32588097
Still, the president has say over anything federal law enforcement does. He can force the ATF to change their rules.
>>
>>32588078
>mfw pol thinks they won trump the election

But underage can't vote.
>>
>>32588107
.........................................What? I don't think you know how the government works.
>>
>>32588078
Yes because dank memes change history. Lol get the fuck out.

The dude is already pretty unliked. And if he starts doing funky shit, it's gonna get worse.

No way they would be able to end it without the special snowflakes losing their fucking minds
>>
>>32588097
I guess it wasn't an EO, still that whole decision getting reversed is more likely than the Hughes' Amendment getting repealed.
>>
>>32588109
So /pol/ isn't underage?
>>
>>32588129
Memes are ideas, that shit changes history.

>No way they would be able to end it without the special snowflakes losing their fucking minds
What are they going to do? More screeching and tabloid?

They have no power over you, me or Trump.
>>
>>32588195
you lack reading comprehension
>>
>>32588129
>Yes because dank memes change history. Lol get the fuck out.

Remember that Berlin Wall thing?
>It came down because one minor official mistakenly said it was to be demolished
>He had absolutely no authority to say that
>It spread by word of mouth and suddenly the reds had to choose between the wall coming down or suppressing the population

"Memes" are information and ideas passed in a repetitive fashion. From that perspective, they're one of the most effective ways to spread information about any given topic.
>>
>>32588225
OK, anon.
>>
>>32588249
In short, most users on pol are underage and they cannot vote. The idea that a group of underage ineligible voters got their candidate elected on some tongue-in-cheek meme shit is asinine and you delude yourself.

Trump won because most of the country is older white people who want job growth and economic stability. Also hilary is a known liar so I personally think she never had any chance of winning.
>>
>>32588045
sure kid. try being more realistic. you might find you'll have less disappointment in life.
>>
>>32588263
All I have to say is OK, anon.

>In short, most users on pol are underage and they cannot vote.
Proof?
>>32588274
Well, /pol/ got Brexit and Trump this year, what have you done?
>>
>>32588301
Do you have any proof that they're not underage and ineligible? This is a two way street anon. If you don't have anything besides 'ok' to say you haven't really said anything; have you.
>>
>>32588312
I was on /pol/ on election date and I was seeing a lot of votes (some to Hillary).
>>
We have to push the narrative that it was passed IN SPITE OF the voice vote, which wasn't revealed for almost 30 years.

Hell, make it a disinfo campaign. "Trump wants to make our streets safer by repealing the hughes amendment and forcing registration of machine guns! Nobody should be able to walk into a store and leave that same day with such a dangerous device, so in a gracious compromise, Trump will repeal the Hughes amendment alongside signing the Hearing Protection Act
>>
>>32588316
What the stickers? I don't really go to pol but yes was there on election day too. A thread or two even with image limits of pictures of 'i voted' stickers is a single drop of rain across a wide river that is 4chan.
>>
>>32588345
This, narrative and meme warfare are the next frontiers.
>>
>>32588351
It's to destroy the idea that most of /pol/ is underage.

In fact, they memed Trump into presidency, beating all the cuckservatives and then Hillary himself.
>>
>>32588301
>/pol/ got Trump elected

Christ you guys are delusional
>>
>>32588117
The ATF and IRS don't work the way the government's supposed to work.
>>
>>32588371
Keep downplaying /pol/ bro.
>>
File: pos.jpg (7KB, 170x198px) Image search: [Google]
pos.jpg
7KB, 170x198px
>>32587906
>not blaming this POS life-long fucking leech, too...
>as well as all of the fucking cowards in congress
>every
>single
>one
>>
>>32588345
Do we have any sticker makers? I'd buy bumper stickers against gun laws with that stupid liberal strawman word trickery done in our favor. Because people don't read things anymore longer than a tweet they'll start buying into pro-gun shit disguised as anti-gun shit.
The one thing Infowars ever got right was the name and slogan kek.
>>
>>32588301
you really are a sad child.
>>
>>32588389
Keep pretending your slacktivism matters. You really are part of the tumblr generation
>>
>>32588409
>Rangel
>86 years alive
>46 in congress

Screw Term Limits, put Age Limits on Congress.
>>
>>32588429
>>32588442
I love how /k/ is still doing this shit when /pol/ memed Trump into presidency already.

Get some memes on, brah.
>>
>>32588448
Correlation is not causation.

A guy doing a rain dance doesnt make him responsible for all future rain.
>>
>>32588442
>Doesn't see Pepe the frog everywhere, even marked as a symbol of hate now.
>"/pol/ did nothing."

What a retard.
>>
>>32588458
But a guy who actively goes out and campaigns for Trump and gets him his presidency deserves his credits.
>>
>>32588109
neither can illegals
>>
>>32588368
.... No that's what I was saying. Even having 500 pictures of 'i voted' stickers doesn't prove they are their pictures or aren't samefagging. If 500 people post their 'i voted' sticker and there are 5000 american posters that's only 10%.
>>
>>32588478
When did you first get diagnosed wth autism?
>>
>>32588478
If you try the same thing on /k/, you would have lesser result despite the whole board being majority american.

But I have nothing to prove anyway, keep believing what you want, what matters is the result i.e. Trump getting elected and the Hughes ammendment being repealed.
>>
>>32588462
Yes because the actions of a few can draw attention to something; and when most people dont understand something it's very easy to only hear one side of a narrative.

>>32588371
This, you guys think because you meme'd the whole time on pol and a very select few people went out of their way to post on facebook you somehow accomplished something... He was going to win either way; if anything the meme tumblr self important culture harmed his chances of winning.

>>32588448
And I wanted the cubs to win, and they won! Therefor I directly influenced the game!

>>32588474
.. I don't get this comment, do you think illegal voters won the election?...
>>
>>32587906

No. All the people who own these $20k+ guns aren't going want to see it repealed because that $20k gun could go down to 4-3k overnight with the repeal.

It's not gonna happen. The most likely thing to happen with guns is taking supressors off the nfa and then hopefully short barreled rifles and shotguns
>>
>>32588507
>Actions of a few.

Hahahahahahaha
>>
>>32588462
>citing fake news for your relevance

Mainstream media loves reporting on everything David Duke says as well despite the Klan numbering in the low thousands. Don't mistake being loud and making for good TV for being relevant
>>
>>32588504
I don't give a shit about the hughes amendment though.. Having fired automatic weapons; yes it's fun, do I want to buy one? Not really. Same reason I don't want a jetski even though I live on a lake.

This has nothing to do with the talking points we've been discussing. Sorry if that is a huge deal to you, but not everything is specifically on topic with the OP.
>>
>>32588507
>He was going to win either way; if anything the meme tumblr self important culture harmed his chances of winning.
God, you are making me hate /k/.
>And I wanted the cubs to win, and they won! Therefor I directly influenced the game!
/pol/ just didn't want Trump to win, they actively went out and meme him to win.
>>
>>32588527
.... Yeah. If there are 20k posters on /pol/ and only 1% of them do something it's still 200 autists going out and raising hell.
please read >>32588534
>>
>>32588534
That's literally how Trump gets his word out.

>>32588543
Go be a cuck somewhere else, I want a selective fire rifle to fight against domestic and foreign enemies.
>>
>>32588549
>making me hate /k/

You're welcome to leave. You won't be missed
>>
>>32588549
Good, /pol/ go back to your shit board.
>>
>>32588543

Machine gun ownership is a right, not a privelage.
>>
>>32588563
I wouldn't leave, I have to decuck this shitty place from people like you.
>>
>>32588560
Except the majority of /pol/ was memeing that shit and there are voters on /pol/, much more than /k/.
>>32588567
I think I will stay right here.
>>
>>32588585
Then stop whining you petulant child.
>>
>>32588598
You first, bitch boi.

Stick to topic, meme the repeal of the Hughes amendment.
>>
>>32588605
Nah, this doesn't belong here. Read the sticky you stupid bitch.
>>
>>32588610
That's a cuck rule that I wouldn't be following.
>>
>>32588569
... Yeah but you're not actually saying anything.
>Except the majority of /pol/ was memeing that shit and there are voters on /pol/, much more than /k/.
any evidence? And you're welcome to stay, everyone can express themselves.
>>32588562
>That's literally how Trump gets his word out.
Yeah because no one has twitters or privitized accounts dedicated to his actual words; and he didn't do any speeches or speak in any debates.
God you're so disconnected it's insulting, and then to turn around and call others cucks for not agreeing with you just makes you look like a massive fool.

>>32588549
Yes trump was going to win either way. He was polling very well before all this meme bullshit started and was popular as hell for a variety of reasons.
A few hundred people making memes to post on facebooks of people who already think the same way they do is not 'memeing him to victory'.
>>
>>32588614
I have this theory that most of the people who can't stop using cuck in every sentence have only had negative social experience. It's a buzzword you happy apply to anyone who doesn't agree with you and a really childish way to talk to others, let alone represent yourself.

Say something intelligent instead of calling others cucks for no other reason than your own shortcomings.
>>
>>32588129
>Yes because dank memes change history. Lol get the fuck out.

The fucking do actually. Ideas are powerful
>>
>>32588619
>any evidence?
The evidences being there are much more "I voted" stickers on /pol/ than any other board of 4chan.
>Yeah because no one has twitters or privitized accounts dedicated to his actual words
Trump spams his twitter with all controversial shit to get the media reports him and gets his word out.
>God you're so disconnected it's insulting
Really now? Have you followed the election?
>Yes trump was going to win either way.
Not even /pol/ believes this in day one.
>He was polling very well before all this meme bullshit started and was popular as hell for a variety of reasons.
He literally polled behind Jeb Bush when he started.
>A few hundred people making memes to post on facebooks of people who already think the same way they do is not 'memeing him to victory'.
The memes are what won him his primaries (against Ted) and won his general (Clinton).
Get a fucking idea.
>>
>>32588263
Pol getting trump elected has nothing to do with pol users voting for him. There are less than a hundred thousand at most.

Instead they memed him into the stratosphere for the whole population to see. Its not the entire reason, but pols influence on social media went a long way.
>>
>>32588628
I'm going to call you a cuck because you are a cuck.

It's simple as that.
>>
>>32588641
Not that anon but having delusions that your inner circle passing around information and memes to people who already think the way you think and have the same political and ideological sense is not having powerful ideas.

I know this is going to be hard for you to understand, but you are doing the same thing tumblr does with its yes-circles and echo-chamber mentality that since you all agree no one must disagree and if they do they're idiots.
Fullstop.
>>
>>32588660
Having nothing to say is being a cuck anon. You are the cuck.
>>
>>32588664
/pol/ was memeing to everybody, not just sticking to the chans, you fucking idiot.

>I know this is going to be hard for you to understand, but you are doing the same thing tumblr does with its yes-circles and echo-chamber mentality that since you all agree no one must disagree and if they do they're idiots.
You are a fucking idiot for not knowing the effect of viral campaign, and you call people idiotic and tumblr for using the internet to spread information.
>>
File: trump twitter.jpg (216KB, 1665x960px) Image search: [Google]
trump twitter.jpg
216KB, 1665x960px
>>32588458
>>
>>32588654
I disagree with everything you've responded with except for him polling behind jeb bush. These are all opinions.
>>32588659
Again, passing memes around to your friends who already know the joke is much less effective than you think.
>>
>>32588679
I actually have a thing to say: you are a cuck.
>>
>>32587906
Probably not, but you can help start the US on that path by educating peiple about firearms and the nature of gun rights and why they're necessary. Inb4 meme
>>
>>32588689
>I disagree with everything you've responded with except for him polling behind jeb bush. These are all opinions.
It's factual that:
1. /pol/ has more voters than any board of 4chan due to proofs of the '"I voted" stickers.
2. Trump polled fucking low in the very beginning, and him beating everyone else was a miracle.

>Again, passing memes around to your friends who already know the joke is much less effective than you think.
They weren't passing their memes to just their friends, you fucking retard.
>>
>>32588682
>You are a fucking idiot for not knowing the effect of viral campaign, and you call people idiotic and tumblr for using the internet to spread information.
spreading memes to people who already are in on the joke is the definition of an echo chamber. You've impressed yourself so much that you think you were some kind of great wind or force in his sails. The real joke here is that the american people are finally done being cucks to the dems; but they've elected an opportunist who will take every advantage of them.
>>
>>32588543
fuck off cuck
>>
>>32588707
/pol/ spreads their memes to every corner to the internet, they weren't circlejerking themselves.
>The real joke here is that the american people are finally done being cucks to the dems; but they've elected an opportunist who will take every advantage of them.
Cover's blown.
>>
>>32588705
>/pol/ has more voters than any board of 4chan due to proofs of the '"I voted" stickers.
Do you know what the most popular board is on 4chan?... It's almost like where there are more people there are more people doing things. I was never arguing that pol didn't vote, I was arguing that it's such an insignificant number of people it had no bearing on the election.
Also as an american you have the right to not openly share if you voted or who you voted for.
>>
>>32588560
whats your point man. Even if its 1% of the board, the board still gets to claim credit.

Back during the /b/ raids it was probably only a small percentage who did shit, but /b/ still gets the credit.

So whats your fucking point? Only a small amount is needed to be effective anyway.
>>
File: 1482602273583.png (247KB, 283x427px) Image search: [Google]
1482602273583.png
247KB, 283x427px
>>32587906
>Democrat political machine fields possibly the worst possible candidate they could find at a time when faith in the political process is at an all-time low, falsely believing that the Democrat platform rather than Obama's personal charisma is what carried the last two presidential elections, despite Dems consistently losing at all other levels of government
>Republican candidate is ALSO reaching record levels of unpopularity, but he is candid about the system being rigged, a charge that is granted validity by the obvious railroading of his oppenent's candidacy
>Republican candidate wins with lower voter turnout than either Republican loser in either of the last two elections, because it turns out literally nobody likes Hillary Clinton, or her campaign smugly counting every Obama vote as a Clinton vote
>/pol/ unironically thinks it won the election because the same airheads who reported at all levels that Clinton would BTFO Trump talked about them

Yeah some victory there guys.

PROTIP: Trump didn't win, the Democrats lost. If you don't understand how these things are different, you're retarded.

Also if you think Trump's going to reverse import bans, you're retarded. If you think the nancy theater kid gameshow host billionaire from a rich family in New York gives a fuck about your gun rights just because his son likes guns, you're retarded. If you think he's out to do anything but line his and his friends' pockets for the next four years, you're retarded.

And just so we're clear about this, I'm not a Democrat or liberal, not even close.
>>
>>32588719
Covers blown where, I voted for trump because I wan't economic change. Saying someone is an opportunist who will take advantage of a situation isn't an insult you idiot...
>>
>>32588727
Doesn't change the fact.

If /pol/ is mostly underage, then the rest of 4chan are babbies.

>Also as an american you have the right to not openly share if you voted or who you voted for.
Then it's possible all the murican /pol/acks voted.
>>
>>32588730
Yes but we're not talking about /b/ accomplishments. We're talking about underage children memeing on facebook to people who were already supporting trump anyway. That small amount is a group of tumblr-esque people who now feel like they need to go around boasting some kind of pride for doing literally nothing, and now bringing political chat into a forum where it has no place.
>>
>>32588733
Basically, if you think Trump is going to do anything good, you are retarded.

What's the point of arguing?

I love some anti-Trump is working over time here.
>>
>>32588741
.... Where did anyone say there isnt a huge demographic of underage?...
>Then it's possible all the murican /pol/acks voted.
Yeah if they're not underage. As with any group.
>>
>>32588734
Cover's blown when you say Trump is an opportunist when he took a very big risk when he ran for president.
>>
>>32588758
>.... Where did anyone say there isnt a huge demographic of underage?...
Where did anyone there is a huge demographic of underage?

Proof?

>Yeah if they're not underage. As with any group.
As said, if /pol/ is underage, 4chan is literally babbies.
>>
>>32588748
We are talking about /pol/'s accomplishment, which is memeing Trump into presidency.
>underage children memeing on facebook to people who were already supporting trump anyway.
Yeah, except /pol/ memes to everyone, SJW included.

They didn't stop at just sticking to Trump supporters.
>>
File: g18.jpg (205KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
g18.jpg
205KB, 1200x900px
>>32588628
I only use cuck on 4chan because its 4chan culture. But to me, a cuck (in terms of the 4chan use) is anyone who advocates against himself, his own people, and his own rights, in any way. You don't care for repealing the Hughes Act. Your ok with limiting you and everybody else's right to bear machine guns.That makes you a cuck, cuck.

I want my fucking G18c
>>
>>32588789
Proof? Posting things on your facebook or in others faces doesn't mean people read them.
>>32588775
One of the most well known websites on the planet and you don't think there is a good chuck of users that are underage? Especially on /pol/, one of the most popular boards?...
>if /pol/ is underage, 4chan is literally babbies.
... Yeah, that's what I'm saying. How are you not getting that.
>>
>>32588754
>His platform was literally "I'm gonna burn it all down but also I'm gonna fix everything. Specifics? Actual policy? How about suck my dick?"
Literally every cabinet pick besides Mattis is a fucking nightmare dog. I'm trying to be optimistic but am being given no reason to do so.
>>
>>32588817
So because I said I don't care about the hughes amend. I am a cuck. Keeping in mind there was no mention of if I would vote one way or another, or discuss it with others who were on the fence.

You're so used to fighting everyone you push away people before you even know what fucking side theyre on. This is why trump won. Not some meme bullshit. People are sick of this 'better than you' attitude that comes from special interest groups and echo chambers. No one gives a fuck if someone not caring about what you care about makes you feel bad.
>>
>>32588664
I think you underestimate their power, friend. I go to university in Australia (no funs) and I would meet people at uni all the time who would talk or mention trump memes, not to mention they appeared on facebook feeds all the time as well by regular people. And these aren't my small circle of friends, just people i would meet.

If i'm regularly meeting normal people who know of these memes (they don't necessarily have to agree with them), at a large public university, then it is having a large effect.

Granted, i think it primarily affected the younger population, and im guessing your a bit older.

Anyway, no one is seriously suggesting pol was the main reason trump won. It wasn't the main reason he won (Trump won on his own merits), but it did have an effect i think, an effect that will continuously be more important as time goes on.
That is because memes rule the internet, and the news media is quickly becoming inferior to internet outlets. The more we become reliant on the internet, the more power memes will have to erode and change public discourse.

Pol winning trump the election is a meme itself that pol uses to congratulate itself.
>>
File: 20170109_112911.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170109_112911.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>32588073
The next part says: but soon or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can
>>
>>32588707
>spreading memes to people who already are in on the joke is the definition of an echo chamber.

This is wrong man, in case you dont know, virtually every normie millennial these days consume memes. Trump memes use the same language, so therefore those memes have wide reaching power, and they did. There is no echo chamber here.
>>
>>32588312
You have to be 18 to be on this site.
>>
>>32588884
Good thing australia is known for not shit posting and taking special interest in other countries; and their huge voter turn out in america.
/sarcasm

Seriously though, how do you not understand that just because something is popular and well known; doesn't mean it's liked?
>>
>>32588930
You also have to be 18 or older for this site.
>>32588907
There were just as many memes insulting him than there were promoting him. But I guess that doesn't matter because you didn't see that right. Fucking tumblrkin logic, I swear.
>>
>>32587906
Short answer? No. Absolutely not. Can you imagine the fucking field day libtards and anti-gunners would have if NFA was repealed and people could buy full-autos and suppressors on the regular?

I think that nationwide shall-issue for CC could possibly be a thing. I also think that there MAY be a leg to stand on for getting suppressors easier. But the anons talking about ATF getting cut and the NFA repealed are fucking insane. That'll never happen in our lifetimes.
>>
>>32588748
It made trump the cool candidate for one, and it changed the culture to one that is more right wing.

What young people do is important for determining culture, and this is setting a precedent for the years to come.

> underage children
Honestly you moron, lets be realistic. Most of pol, like most of 4chan, is college age 18-26. Maybe <20% of pol at most is underage
>>
>>32588935
FUCK YOU IVE BEEN HERE SINCE 2009 PRICK
>>
>>32588947
If 20% of pol is underage and 20% of poll is making protrump memes hmmm...
>making fun of and jokes about trump is making him 'the cool candidate'
Honestly you moron...

Most young people, who you say are setting precedent, didn't vote for trump though. The memes didn't work.
>>
>>32588733
>>Republican candidate wins with lower voter turnout than either Republican loser in either of the last two elections, because it turns out literally nobody likes Hillary Clinton, or her campaign smugly counting every Obama vote as a Clinton vote

Catagorically false. You are repeating that meme using information that was the unfinished vote count. go and check the actual vote count.

Trump got more votes than Romney and McCain, or Bush, and is the republican with the most amount of votes. Hillary got the same amount of votes as Obama in 2012.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2012
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2008
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2004
>>
>>32588849
>Literally every cabinet pick besides Mattis is a fucking nightmare dog. I'm trying to be optimistic but am being given no reason to do so.

Right, so your a faggot then. Because i like most of his picks, especially Rex Tillerson.
>>
>>32588853

Why did you come in this thread then you fucking crybaby faggot to start shit.

This is a thread about repealing Hughes Act, on a gun board, which obviously people are passionate about. The Hughes Act is probably the worst US law regarding gun bans, its a hot topic.

Then you come into the thread saying "hurrp durrrp who cares if you cant own a full auto modern m16 or a g18 or a fucking Uzi". Go fuck yourself
>>
>>32588931
>Good thing australia is known for not shit posting and taking special interest in other countries; and their huge voter turn out in america. /sarcasm
The point was to demonstrate the outreach of the memes, that it wasnt an echo chamber

>Seriously though, how do you not understand that just because something is popular and well known; doesn't mean it's liked?
Good job moving the goalpost faggot. First you say its an echochamber among people in on the joke. Now your admitting everybody knew it but didn't like it.

Well Trump won, asshole.
>>
>>32589056
No. It's the ability to discuss thing without it devolving into what this thread has become that has brought us here. I'm sorry your feelings were hurt that I don't personally feel the need to repeal it, but would support those who did.
>>
>>32589081
No, promoting the memes and creating them in seriousness was a small group. That's why you said most normal people; implying that they weren't vapidly for or against trump.

Yes the memes exist and yes they are popular, but the people that care for them as actual indicators or facts are VERY few and far between.

Something being popular doesn't mean it's liked.
>>
>>32588942
>Can you imagine the fucking field day libtards and anti-gunners would have if NFA was repealed and people could buy full-autos and suppressors on the regular?
First off, who cares what liberals think. They lost the election.

Secondly, no one is saying repeal NFA (Id like that though).

We want to repeal Hughes Act. Which would mean you can buy machine guns made after 1986.

Machine guns are already legal, its just they have to be made before 1986. Thats what needs to be repealed
>>
>>32588984
>>making fun of and jokes about trump is making him 'the cool candidate'
>Honestly you moron...

Trump was the fucking cool candidate, thats not even a debate. Its the biggest reason he won, honestly. If you can't see how he is perceived as that, your a moron
>>
>>32589114
>first off who cares what republicans think. they lost the election and we will ban guns
-some asshole in 2008 and again in 2012.

Disagreeing with someone doesn't make them less of a person and as an american you're doing yourself a huge injustice acting like this.

That being said I'm the poster who doesn't care about the hughes in the sense that I wouldn't buy one. There is already a way to purchase and legally own automatic firearms. The hughes being removed will not make the paperwork or price stop existing.
>>
>>32589129
My argument was that it wasnt the memes that made him cooler than clinton, but I guess I don't expect you to understand context or most words.
>>
>>32589102
Man, its like you have never heard of marketing or advertising before. The vast majority of people are apathetic. Their votes are influenced (by a few percentage points on a statistical level), by advertising campaigns. A massively viral grassroots social media campaign of memes is definitely influential.
>>
>>32589143
Not when it's divided by an almost indeterminable line. Some memes were pro and others were anti but were shared equally. People had opinions they shared, and using the term 'grassroots' media campaign is a super far stretch.
>>
>>32589114
>Who cares what liberals think
I could give less of a flying fuck what they think, but we won the election by the skin of our teeth. For the first year or so we should concentrate on small things like CC and all that.

You have to realize that the vast majority of the US doesn't give a single fuck about MG's. Those who do, and own them, will be against repealing Hughes, because the value of what they bought would severely drop. That pre-1986 AR will be fucking worthless if I can buy a brand new one for the same price.

These people aren't like us. They don't think like us. They don't see the stats and research the material. They don't know that full-auto firearms aren't dangerous - they don't even realize that pistols represent the highest casualty rate of firearms. They couldn't care less that more people die from getting punched every year then die from firearms. What they're going to hear is MACHINE GUNS LEGALIZED, DEATH OF A NATION ANNOUNCED, because the media is HEAVILY against them. Dunno if you noticed, but the vast majority of the media was shilling for Hilary last year.

Trump can't just sign a bill and meme it into action. He needs to present it before the House and Senate, and those guys are beholden to the wont of the public. If the general public doesn't support these laws, then we're fucked, regardless of how hard you meme on a Taiwanese Fingerbox forum.
>>
>>32589130

So under your view, you wouldnt repeal any gun legislation because you'd be afraid of liberal tears?

IF liberals thought the same about republican tears, there would never be any gun legislation.

Your a weak little bitch. We just elected a president, who campaigned, among other things, on the 2nd amendment. And your too scared to act.

It was cuckservative republicans like you that america rebuked with trump
>>
>>32589143
Well the main difference was that trump wasnt afraid of making a fucking ass out of himself publicly; fueling the meme machines in what should have been a negative way.
Again, people are sick of this pc feel good bullshit; for someone to come out and admit certain things is more than any grassroots viral campaign could ever hope to accomplish.
>>
>>32588045
I legitimately don't want you spergs having full auto.
>>
>>32589179
wow you have zero reading comprehension. I was showing how much of a douche you sound like by ignoring others opinions, and here you are proving my point even more. You're barely american if not solely in location.
>>
>>32589130
>The hughes being removed will not make the paperwork or price stop existing.

Actually it would directly affect the price.

pre 1986 "machine guns" are worth ~ $15 000 on the market, but the mdoern guns sold to law enforcement are ~ $600

If the act was repealed, they would cost ~ $800. The tax on NFA is only $200
>>
>>32589204
How much was a nugget in 1986, I'll wait. The price is not going to come down you mongoloid. The tax is only 200 dollars so why not simply do it that way.
>>
>>32589204
>Average wage index for calendar year 2007: $40,405.48
>Average wage index for calendar year 1987: $18,426.51
Surely economics hasn't changed at all...
>>
>>32589173
>because the media is HEAVILY against them. Dunno if you noticed, but the vast majority of the media was shilling for Hilary last year.

The media has been untterly BTFO a million times ALL OVER THE WORLD this year.

We have:
>Trump winning the primaries
>Austrian election pitting right wing extreme agains left wing extreme greens
>Brexit
>Trump winning presidency

The media is becoming fucking irrelevant. If there was ever a time to repeal the act, it would be now.

Only 30% of the population would be rabidly against it
>>
>>32589211
>>32589234

wtf are you spergs talking about?

To get a machine gun you have to buy one made before 1986. They are super expensive because there is a really limited supply.

If they were made legal, modern guns would meet the demand and the price would be under a thousand dollars for an AR.
>>
>>32589235
>Only 30% of the population would be rabidly against it

I'd be VERY interested to hear where you got that source. Places like MD, NY, and CA are going to flip shit about things like that. In MD, we've got an Assault Weapons ban going on, and FOID type ID bullshit going on with pistols - I can assure you that the repeal of the HA would go over very poorly with the higher-ups here. In fact, I distinctly recall that when our AWB was signed into effect, 11,000 people showed up against it - and 30 showed up in favor for it. They still voted it in, as the majority of people in Baltimore and the like supported it.
>>
>>32589261
This is like asking when gun prices will come down in general. When you're willing to pay a certain amount for something, the seller doesn't suddenly go 'oh well now the market is going to be flooded with product so here now it's only worth a fraction of it's price.
Businesses will not willingly lower their prices simply because there are more of them. This is one of the things the laws of supply and demand don't immediately connect with.
>>
>>32589271
>Places like MD, NY, and CA are going to flip shit about things like that

OF course they will, they represent the opposite of the spectrum for gun legislation. But they are all electorally unimportant.

Their hissy fit will mean nothing. Trump could easily win again if he repealed HA. Especially if he did it early in his term. By the time 2020 rolls around, and the world hasn't ended like liberals cry it will, most normies won't care or will have forgotten.

Anyway, why would you be afraid to repeal because of california or maryland? As if Repubs could ever win their anyway
>>
>>32589305
.... Do you not realize hilary won the popular vote specifically in these places?
>>
>>32589198
in all reality, as someone whos used several machine guns in service, they would really not do any more damage than they are already capable of.

also it would be fun, until they realized those 3k rounds they have as a cache would quickly vanish, and the reality of cost would set in.

TL;DR machine guns are expensive to own and operate and honestly might keep them away from the range more often.
>>
>>32589279
My jaw just dropped. Wow, you don't understand even basic economics, your a fucking idiot.

I the guns are worth $15 000, but cost less than $600 to manufacture, manufacturers will scramble to produce them in the thousands. They will sell at $14 500, and they will all undercut each other until the price reaches $600, which is the marginal cost.

Dont you understand that machine guns are so expensive because no new ones can be made? their supply is fixed - actually it decreases as the over 30 year old guns break or get lost.
>>
File: 1483324569482.jpg (56KB, 481x499px) Image search: [Google]
1483324569482.jpg
56KB, 481x499px
>>32589279
when all thats required is special trigger components and a fourth hole, the price would go down.

how fucking stupid are these kids? is it still Christmas break?
>>
>>32589305
>Afraid to repeal

I'm not certain you understand. If it was left to me, I'd do away with the NFA, the ATF, and background checks entirely. I'd also make rifling squads a neccessity in gradeschool and nationwide CC and OC legal without any sort of permit. I'm not exactly a guy with reasonable wonts on the front of firearms ownership.

With that said, I realize that some of that shit just doesn't fucking fly with the public. /k/ understands why I want to do this shit, yes. /k/ is an echo chamber for my particular type of ammo-hoarding insanity. When I mention any of these things to normies, I get a blank stare and a slow nod. You have to realize that not everyone gives a fuck about firearms the way we do, man. It's not me you have to convince - it's the strong 40% of Americans who don't own a firearm you have to convince to get this shit passed.

Every law has to get passed by normies.
>>
>>32589313

...yes, and thats why trump is president. Because those states are irrelevant.
>>
>>32589355
>NY
>CA
>irrelevant
wew lad
>>
>>32589366
It's true though
>>
>>32589352
Right, and right now with a wave of popular republican support for the second amendment, Donald trump himself campaigning on the issue, and no electoral risk (especailly early on), right now is the right time.

I think the media distorts how pr-gun people really are. Gun culture is huge in the US. And we have the power.
>>
>>32589341
Oh man I forgot that's why cars and computer and every other consumer good has remained at a low and reasonable price!
>>
>>32589344
Does the hughes amendment state that you can manufacture your own machine guns? because that's what you're saying you'll do.
>>
>>32589366
Exactly how are they relevant at all? They are literally the least relevant states. It seems you don't understand politics at all.

The relevant states in 2020 are
>Florida
>Pennsylvania
>Michigan
>Wisconsin
>Minnesota
>maybe Nevada, New Hampshire, Colorado, Arizona

I would say Ohio and North Carolina but i think thats a lock.

All of those could survive a repeal of HA. Especially if done early on, so by the time 2020 rolls by, no one cares
>>
>>32589423
Computers are at a reasonable price. So are cars. They cost roughly the price it took to manufacture them. Except macs, but thats because they brainwashed retards into buying their shit.

are you 16?
>>
>>32588097
You're right that Bush didn't make an EO, but he did direct the ATF to redetermine the meaning of 'sporting purpose'.
>>
lol at these trumplettes ITT, go back to /pol/ and face it if trump went up against bernie he would've lost but he went up against lying hilary and thats why he won.
>>
>>32589435
no, thats all a manufacturer has to do. Extremely cheap to produce, and when the price is at $15000, they can sell for $14000 and capture the entire market - beat all the other manufacturers. This competition drives the price down to the steady state price of what it takes to produce it.
>>
>>32587906
It's interesting to note that after a few years after the Hughes Amendment passed that it only said you could have a machine gun if you got 'government approval', which everyone took to meaning that filing the paperwork to have it registered and taxed. But Farmer v. Higgens determined that it meant only government agencies were the ones that meet the 'government approval' category.
>>
File: bernieblm.jpg (1MB, 5206x3104px) Image search: [Google]
bernieblm.jpg
1MB, 5206x3104px
>>32589467
bernie couldnt even beat crooked hillary lol
>>
>>32587906
No. The best thing we can expect from Trump is maybe he'll let all the surplus from South Korea finally come over. Maybe Russian imports as well, but he won't make SBRs or suppressors non-NFA, and they won't reopen the full auto registry.
>>
>>32589474
Yeah, those fucking cunts stole our gun rights right under our noses. Now the issue is too big to easily get back
>>
>>32589314
I also used MG's in the service.

I'm worried there would be a massive shooting where a guy manages to get a crazy kill count, then it's used as an excuse to come after guns worse than we have now.

I don't want to take 1 step forward if it results in 2 steps back.
>>
>>32589511
Its not like you wouldn't have to go through all the same background checks, and you can still get fully auto AK's relatively easy
>>
>>32589366
Economically relevant, but politically irrelevant.
>>
>>32587906
>thread about possibility of a shameful and unjust law being overturned
>half the posts are autistic crybabies squealing about "m-muh Trumpler"
Holy shit this whole thread is embarrassing. This election summoned faggot nogun dems and rinos to /k/ like crazy
>>
>>32588659
>for the whole population to see

Thinking Trump was an unknown talent that /pol/ discovered really highlights how many of you are still freshmen in highschool
>>
>>32589411
Well man, my opinions aside, I fucking hope so. I'd buy up post-ban MG's in a fucking heartbeat. Cue going to the range and blaring "Fortunate Son," while blasting with my full-auto AR.
>>
>>32589467
>/pol/tard losing an argument
>shitposts as a ridiculous strawman
>he and his friends then respond to it and jerk themselves off to "winning" an argument against a pretend liberal

Every time
>>
>>32589679
>implying anyone but moronic genX'ers and retards that watch reality TV gave a single shit about trump in the current decade before this election

sorry loser, the internet helped make Trump into the winning candidate he is today, and no amount of retards crying will change that
>>
>>32589511

>I'm worried there would be a massive shooting where a guy manages to get a crazy kill count, then it's used as an excuse to come after guns worse than we have now.

They will come for the guns regardless. We got cucked by the 1986 congress and Reagan out of machine guns when there WAS NO ISSUE BEFORE 1986 WITH LEGAL OWNERSHIP and they still want to take all our semi autos, then bolt actions.
>>
>>32589717
>losing an argument
>losing

If you think a few autistic liberal interlopers on /k/ shamelessly sperging out about "muh orange hitler" and whinging about the ebil /pol/ boogeyman on a weapons board is an argument then you might wanna consider having your head examined, kid
>>
>>32589724
>I think they are dumb so they arent relevant!

Not how voting works friend. Reality TV is popular. He's been in movies and WWE. His name is in giant gold letters on skyscrapers around the world. He has published multiple best sellers.

Cartoon frog macros are not why people know who Trump is.
>>
File: Smugasfuck.jpg (22KB, 300x350px) Image search: [Google]
Smugasfuck.jpg
22KB, 300x350px
>>32589579
>thinks economics and politics are different things
>>
>>32589765
>duhh, he was in some shitty disposable pop media over 30 years ago and a reality TV show no one watched, clearly he was a household name! I am totally not a retard with brain damage

Watching you fags on /k/ squirm about this is great, why is it so hard for you idiots to acknowledge the fact that Russia and weeaboos on 4chan did the most to help him win this election?

Perhaps you're upset a certain Madame Abuela didn't win?
>>
File: 1464346638742.png (580KB, 720x718px) Image search: [Google]
1464346638742.png
580KB, 720x718px
>>32589820
The past three elections proves they are
>>
>>32589456
Can you prove that?
>>
>>32589724
Hate to break this to you playboy but GenXers and retards that watch reality TV are the people that vote.

Memeing millenials on the other hand overwhelmingly don't
>>
>>32589760
>autistic liberal interlopers

Man, this shit it getting out of control. Has anyone noticed that? The past week, especially, but just since the new year hit and a little before, /k/ seems like it's gone schizophrenic.

I know it's a bit of an echochamber, and there's always the ">>>>/pol/" posts and shit, but something has been absolutely wrong lately. Long-held beliefs and general culture has been outright refused a lot, lately. Tons of infighting, tons of leftist-style compromise, and, yes, a lot of criticism of Trump. But not the same ways as before, not policy fears or anything measured, it's been tons of "orange hilter" LOL NOT DRAINING THE SWAMP REALITY TV SHOW HOST bullshit. Hell, it's even seemed like it's coming from people in FAVOR of Trump.

Case in point for all of this, this post and that whole line of discussion. >>32589844

Anyone else noticed this? It feels absolutely schizophrenic.
>>
>>32587906
Most likely he won't push for a repel of the Hughes Amendment. Too many wealthy individuals who "invested" in machine guns that will donate and push against the idea. The longer the Hughes Amendment exists the stronger the full auto "investors" fight.

The most likely way the Hughes Amendment would be removed would be by a Supreme Court ruling if Trump puts 2-3 gun rights friendly justices there. Even this way will take some time (my guess is years).
>>
>/pol/ is responsible for memeing Trump into the White House
>Just under half of the entire US electorate are /pol/acks
Trump didn't win because of "memes". He won because 96% of counties didn't want the corrupt bitch with a narcissistic campaign slogan who had no ideas of her own until stealing them from Sanders along with the nomination and had nothing to offer other than "I'll do the same stuff Obama did for 8 years... whatever that was?" and because Podesta is the Naked Emperor of network security.

I hate to sound like a boomer, but millennials are fucking retarded.
>>
>>32589863
Go look up stuff from 1989 abou the Stockton Shooting, that's what started this 'assault weapon' stuff.
>>
>>32588117
Are you suggesting that the head of the executive branch of the federal government has absolutely no say in the executive branch and the laws it enforces?
>>
>>32589474
How the fuck is allowing the government to know you have it then paying them $200 for a tax not "governemt approval", that sounds like approval to me?
>>
>>32588733
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/constitution-and-second-amendment

>Defend the rights of law-abiding gun owners:

>Military bases and recruiting centers - to have a strong military, we need to allow them to defend themselves

>National right to carry – should be legal in all 50 states

>Background checks - we need to fix the system we have and make it work as intended. What we don’t need to do is expand a broken system.

>Gun and magazine bans - the government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own

And you can bet he will be dropping ALL the import bans against Russia to help restore relations with them.
>>
>>32590308
Does this mean he's getting rid of the VRA too?
>>
File: IMG_0537.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0537.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>>32590003
Good lord, this whole post.

And whenever someone brings it up, they just get called a newfag or reddit.

It seems like what was once a tight-knit group of enthusiasts, is now a fractured and broken.
>>
File: trump angry.jpg (163KB, 1365x1665px) Image search: [Google]
trump angry.jpg
163KB, 1365x1665px
>>32590308
MAGA
>>
>>32590308
>ran on explicitly anti-free-trade platform
>"I can't wait until he gets rid of import bans on foreign-made guns"
>"He's gonna do all the stuff I like and none of the stuff I don't like!"

So... You're argument was that he was lying about all the heavy regulation of import he promised to restore America's manufacturing base?

So then why the fuck would he have been telling the truth about any of the other shit on his website?

So much cognitive dissonance with these Trumptards.
>>
>>32588884
>pol wasn't the main reason trump won
>wasn't the main reason
>main reason

>Trump won on his own merits

That's how delusional /pol/ is. They think Trump won on 'merits', and that they had a hand in his victory.

He literally had the most unlikable bitch in Washington running against him, and he pandered to everyone at every moment, sometimes taking multiple opposing positions in the same sentence.
>>
>>32590718
Whether you like it or not his merits were that he wasn't completely unlikeable and pandered to the "right people". Any other merits could exist, but have yet to be determined because he has never held political office so there's no precedent to compare against. Who knows? He might actually keep some of his promises.

Either way it's too late because he's officially the POTUS in 11 days unless some crazy left-wing goober puts a bullet in him.
>>
>>32588368
Lmao yes
/pol/ was responsible for trump becoming president.

I'm laughing so hard on the shitter right now that I just rocketed a turd out out my anus. Thank you
>>
>>32588512
>THIS RIGT FUCKING HERE

you think a stamp collector wants their investment to tank? They'll fight that shit all day.
>>
>>32588614
No its's a rule to keep this board clean of insane sperg lords that think a handful of fags on a politics board on a website known for sketchy shit influenced the election of the most powerful person in the world.

Seriously 4chan can do some amazing shit, but don't give this hell hole THAT much credit
>>
>>32588705
Trump was low in numbers because the fucking news made it that way.

Did you really believe he was losing all along? The dude crushed it the whole way and every single acronym news anchor was blown away because they were soooooo sure he was behind the whole time. You know why?

Because of this echo chamber bullshit you have in your head
>>
>>32590337
>It seems like what was once a tight-knit group of enthusiasts, is now a fractured and broken.
Because once we could agree to disagree on politics, because we knew that the thing that mattered, loving guns, was something we did have in common.

Then, during the leadup to the recent election we got flooded with assholes from.. somewhere (maybe /pol/, maybe not), who kept repeating that if you don't vote 100% republican then you're a secret anti-gunz cuck... Because god forbid people weigh the entire platform of a candidate, before choosing who to vote for.

And of course there's this shit about how if you don't hate blacks, gays, or whatever, then you're also some kind of degenerate who doesn't belong here. Which is also something that people have been saying forever, the the volume of it has certainly seemed to increase.
>>
>>32589018
>likes most of his picks
>"drain the swamp"
>by putting swamp monsters in it
>>
I have no idea why anyone is under the impression that he will be pro-gun, never mind pro 2A to the point where he repeals the Hughes Amendment.

He'll take whatever position suits him at the time. If it doesn't get him a second term he won't be interested. This is how politics works, how it has always worked. He's a billionaire New Yorker who exaggerated some military school bullshit and dodged the draft. In practical terms he's no more likely to be pro 2A than anyone else with his background.
>>
>>32589511

>implying they won't come for our guns anyways regardless of the pretense or circumstance
>>
>>32589452
You're telling me it costs 40k to produce a new truck?

You still need some learnin' my friend
>>
>>32590894
>I have no idea why anyone is under the impression that he will be pro-gun, never mind pro 2A to the point where he repeals the Hughes Amendment.
The answer is delusion.

The answer literally everyone gives is: "h-his son loves guns! Trump will nepotize Eric into a 2A state department!" Like, Trump is probably the most outwardly pro-gun candidate we've had in a long time, but that doesn't mean that he's going to push for NFA and the Hughes Amendment to be nullified.
>>
>>32590772
I wouldn't exactly call being less scummy a "merit", but I do agree with the rest of your assessment.

When it comes to Trump I'm cautiously optimistic. I really don't think he'll do anything to fuck up, for the most part, as long as he actually listens to the experts he surrounds himself with (like he has been doing with Mattis, which has gone a ways toward reassuring me too). But as it is some of his appointments make me nervous, because it -looks- like he's setting things up for some really shady business deals for him and his cabinet.
>>
>>32588817
>I only use cuck on 4chan because its 4chan culture
We have a lot better insults in our /k/ulture than something that /pol/ decided to smear on the walls of every board along with their own feces.
>>
>>32590919
With all the overhead, regulations, engineering, international shipping, yes, trucks are pretty expensive as compared to guns
>>
>>32590934
>because it -looks- like he's setting things up for some really shady business deals for him and his cabinet.

It looks like hes choosing leading businessmen from their respective industries.

Like Rex Tillerson and that guy from Goldman Sachs.

The white house is going to be ran in a new fashion. No more lawyer politicians.
>>
>>32591132
>ran entire campaign shitting on Goldman Sachs and Hillary's ties to GS
>immediately fills cabinet with GS alum

Also
>It's a good thing that the CEO of ExxonMobil is going to be Secretary of State

I love that you're clapping your hands in glee that he's tossing career politicians and turning the economic elite into the political elite. We're all about to get fucked in the ass so hard and you're not even reaching for lube because you don't see it coming apparently.
>>
>>32591132
Not the guy you responded to, but though I'm hopeful because like you said "respective industries", but rich businessmen hiring other rich businessmen is an uncomfortable prospect. Hopefully it doesn't just turn into Tillerson opening up wildlife refuges for oil derricks and strip mines after gutting regulations in order to appease big businesses that already rape the system with subsidies. The same goes for the rest of the appointments doing the same for their respective former industries.
>>
>>32591103
Well. No shit. But they do not cost what they are sold for to make
>>
File: 1483143692682.jpg (58KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1483143692682.jpg
58KB, 720x960px
>>32588045

Its will never happen and here is why.

>richfags buy full auto funs at stupid prices because ban and because fuck you they can
>$50,000 is fuck nothing to a richfag
>some richfags have $500,000 or more invested into a full auto fun collection
>were the 1986 ban to be lifted the value of their collection drops like a rock
>so to make sure the common folk can never afford full auto funs the richfags give the NRA a metric fuckton of cash to make sure the 86 ban stays in place

Do you really think richfags with $500,000 invested into full auto funs wants to see the value of said collection drop to $50,000?
>>
>>32587906
It's just about 100% guaranteed we'll get universal reciprocity for CCW. Meaning all of us will be able to carry in NYC - unless NY overturns it's entire sullivan law and bans handgun carry which will get slapped down anyway
>>
>>32591278
Even so, the point of selling merchandise is not to sell it for the cost of materials. Like that's beyond bad business and just plain retarded.
>>
>>32591249
I am that guy ( >>32590934 ) he responded to, but this anon pretty much said what I was going to say.

Though I will add that putting folks like Rick Perry in charge of an office that they have spoken about dismantling (the Department of Energy in his case), is also cause for worry. Especially when he doesn't know important details like that they're responsible for handling the US's nuclear waste. If they do the same to the FDA or and EPA, then I'll be really worried.
>>
>>32588512
That won't happen for anyone who owns a historical item. Original GI thompsons and BAR's for example will retain value. Repealing hughes won't affect historical value but it will affect demand.
Guys with M16's however are fucked
>>
>>32591312
Again, duh. That isn't the argument
>>
>>32589173
The media is nearing irrevelance anyway, at least the mainstream one. Media trust is down so low that 80% of americans do not trust the media, plus they've been calling semi autos machine guns for years so the average normie aspie has no clue what is what
>>
>>32591249
Tillerson is his nomination for Secretary of State, so you have an Oil tycoon in charge of foreign policy, in that specific case.

He's putting Ryan Zinke up for Secretary of the Interior. Zinke's my Congressman, and basically his quals are "I was a SEAL" and his voting record in public land use issues is pretty fucking shit.
>>
>>32590494

Trumps plan for import restrictions has always been (in a nut shell)

American based company
>make things here sell things here
>cool bro!

American based company
>ship american jobs to another county
>bring things back to sell them here
>have fun with this fuck massive import tax bitch
>bring dem jobs back and its gone

non american based company
>makes things not in america
>sell them in america
>cool bro, we need to tax that shit just a little be though

non america company
>makes things in america
>cool bro, keep it up!

Maybe pay attention to what Trump says rather then what other people said he said.

But eh fuck it. I lost what little faith and hope i had in the guy when he stated putting CEO's into every nook and cranny he could find in the white house.
>>
man what a shitty board
>>
>>32591334
Unless they have factory original Colt M16s, though.
>>
>>32591280
That depends strongly on what guns that 500k is invested into. GI Thompsons, M60's, BAR's, M1919;s, etc will not lose value despite their being semi auto variants made - they have historical value. Same with the dude who owns Maxims, a FG-42, a MP-40 with waffenampts, a Lewis, etc.
Repealing hughes and/or the entire NFA is going to affect the bottom rung of the F/A market - the dudes with MAC's, Uzi's, M16's, etc - you know except for those guys with FNC's because they aren't made anymore
>>
>>32591363
I misread the comment chain.
>>
>>32591334
>That won't happen for anyone who owns a historical item. Original GI thompsons and BAR's for example will retain value.
That's not entirely correct.

It's entirely likely that 'historical automatics' will drop in value, but simply not to as great a degree as those that aren't historical in some way.
>>
>>32591423
Does the M10/M11 tooling even exist anymore? I don't see how they can make them if they probably scrapped it.
>>
>>32591381
>Maybe pay attention to what Trump says
If you were paying attention, you'd know he's said a lot of conflicting things.

Also...
>implying tariffs aren't going to make things worse
>>
>>32589511
Did that happen in between 1934 and 1986?
>>
>>32591549
After 1934 there has only been one recorded crime with a machine gun. in 1988 some Dayton cop 'accidentally' gunned down a police informant with an M11 he owned.
>>
>>32591576
legal machine gun I meant
>>
>>32591576
See, it's weird to me when people treat questions about gun law as hypothetical.

We have a lot of actual history to work with.
>>
>>32590273
>The Stockton schoolyard shooting (also known as the Cleveland School massacre) occurred on January 17, 1989, at Cleveland Elementary School at 20 East Fulton Street in Stockton, California, United States. The gunman, Patrick Purdy, who had a long criminal history, shot and killed five schoolchildren and wounded 32 others before committing suicide. His victims were predominantly Southeast Asian refugees. This particular shooting happened almost exactly 10 years after another school shooting in San Diego, which also happened to be at a school named Cleveland Elementary.

so why didn't sandy create a bigger shitstorm, seeing as how it was worse?
>>
I don't get the notion that rich people would be against it. Actual rich people probably wouldn't care and would be happy that they would have access to even more FA guns that they currently can't touch since new FA guns can't be put on the books unless they want to get into the business themselves.

It's people who invest their life savings in FA as their primary source of investment that would be butt hurt.
>>
File: 1481778060031.jpg (779KB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
1481778060031.jpg
779KB, 3006x5344px
>>32587906
I'd meme it.
Just need the other slack jawed faggots to come on board first.
>>
>>32591592
Cause this was the first time something like this had happened.
>>
>>32587906
Unlikely, all dems would vote against obv, but a decent amout of reps woud also vote against it because they probably own a preban and don't want to devalue their property.

Also, while Trump is pro-gun, he isn't THAT pro-gun.

If we are being realistic about repealing anything, I want Trump and Congress to repeal the NFA.
>>
>>32591592
Because there wasn't a black rifle culture like there is now, and the federal AWB was proven to be a failure becuase of incidents like columbine and v tech.
>>
>>32591625
If the NFA was replead would there still be a market for semi-auto only rifles or would everyone retool their products to be select-fire?
>>
>>32591444
Word, all good
>>
>>32591631
V tech happened after the AWB expired tho
>>
>>32591592
Fun fact about sandy shook

I watched the cops clear his car on a live feed and take an the rifle out of his car

Yet they said all the killings were done with said rifle
>>
>>32591601
It's in my experience that the vast majority of rich people are libtards that know nothing about guns and don't want scary black rifles in the hands of anyone
>>
>>32591587

I know right?

You used to be able to order anti tank rifles from a catalog and have then shipped to your doorstep.

But clearly we had too many instances of people robbing banks with anti tank rifles and being able to blow up police cars with their mail ordered anit tank rifle.
>>
>>32591644
I want an SBR with a suppressor without forking over an extra $400 in tax to the ATF.
>>
>>32591592
>so why didn't sandy create a bigger shitstorm, seeing as how it was worse?

sandy caused a huge shitstorm in the liberal shithole states for a number of reasons. im a ctfag, and this state is in such horrible shape in general, the politicians pretty much get paid to do nothing. the taxes go up every year, more jobs leave, they get pay raises. they needed to pass these gun laws and make a big deal out of it so they can say "see! we're hard at work getting things done!"
>>
>>32591644
Isn't most shit that we can't buy made with select fire anyway? I mean if there's a gun that I really want that only comes in full retard yeah I'll buy it but selectfire sounds more useful
>>
>>32591685
This. Exactly this. It isn't really that much to ask either
>>
>>32591655
yes, the point though is that the ban wouldn't have prevented it since he used hand guns which the AWB didn't ban.
>>
>>32591625
>>32591685
>>32591709

What I want to happen that realistically can happen is the NFA to get repealed, I can buy an AR15 SBR that is suppressor ready and put an echo trigger in it without any retarded taxes.

If you don't know what an echo trigger is, look it up. Expensive, but the damn closest thing to full auto that is legal. Fire on pull and release.
>>
>>32591520
>>implying tariffs aren't going to make things worse
Maybe, but either the companies will pay the tariffs, or they'll relocate so that the tariffs are no longer an issue. They sure as shit aren't going to stop selling stuff to one of the largest markets in the world. If that means I can't buy a 60" TV built with what might as well be slave labor for $250 then I guess that's that.
>>
File: RI_Constitution.png (969KB, 822x626px) Image search: [Google]
RI_Constitution.png
969KB, 822x626px
>>32591693
same thing here neighbor
>>
>>32587906
All I want is the ability to make a DIAS without my dog getting shot
>>
>Not enlisting the stoners under the premise that the removal of Hughes sets a precedent for the re-opening of the federal Marijuana registry
>>
>>32590878
>if you don't vote 100% republican then you're a secret anti-gunz cuck.
> if you don't hate blacks, gays, or whatever, then you're also some kind of degenerate who doesn't belong here

both of these are true
>>
>>32590950
>We have a lot better insults in our /k/ulture
lol christ no we don't, even something as lame as cuck is an improvement over the awful arfcom-tier nonsense /k/ usually thinks up
>>
>>32592549
To cucks who's crushes are banging tyrone instead of them
>>
>>32589423
Prices have gone down fuck face.
>>
>>32589467
Worst bait ever.
>>
>>32590887
basically this

>>32589018
stay cucked buddy
>>
File: 1483737424332.jpg (62KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1483737424332.jpg
62KB, 540x720px
>>32592789
>projecting your cuck fantasies at the first sign of wrongthink

delicious
>>
>>32592040
and who pays for that? Oh right, the tax payers.
>>
My weasel Congressman (who has a fucking Star of David flag on the front page of his website) just sent out an email survey asking what the most important issues to me are. Put "Repeal Hughes Amendment" as the first, and I'll probably follow up with some physical letters and calls. Never hurts.
>>
>>32588045
I agree. /pol/ literally memed Trump into presidency. We can meme anything if we really try.
>>
>>32587906
If it were you can bet the FOPA will go along with it, and we'll be back to the stone ages.
>>
>>32592883
It's a known fact /pol/ submits the most cuck porn in /gif/
>>
>>32589467
i know this is b8 but i sadly think its true. the stupid millennials would have come out in force and swallowed up the red states.
>>
File: tmp_20516-giphy-2017626507.gif (994KB, 500x277px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20516-giphy-2017626507.gif
994KB, 500x277px
>>32593027
We did, and now we are here to escape the shills from /pol/ and breathe life into /k/.
>>
Drumpf is a Russian shill who won't do anything

He also got less votes than Dubya and McCain, kek
>>
File: DNC.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
DNC.gif
2MB, 250x188px
>>32593264
>Be millennial
>politician who you feel represents you, understands that the system is broken and that you're the one getting fucked
>get told constantly that he's not a viable candidate and the epitome of nepotism and crony politics has a much better chance of winning
>she gets railroaded to the candidacy on the back of being more """electable""" and you're dismissed as a misogynist for not liking one of the most-disliked serious candidates in US history
>stay the fuck home on election day because you're right, the system is rigged, and the candidate you don't want is entitled to your vote
Imagine if the Republican primary had rules in place that allowed both overt and covert sabotage of candidates the party apparatus didn't like. Imagine if the RNC openly used them to sabotage Trump's campaign and make Jeb Bush the candidate despite his rejection from the Republican electorate.

Bernie legitimately could've beaten Trump, because people actually gave a shit about him and wanted him to be president. The Dems turned their noses up at the same exact populist anger that put Trump in office then got BTFO and were simply SHOCKED that it happened.

I genuinely do not believe that Trump won this election. Hillary lost it, because her and her party ignored decades of rejection of her as a person because it was Her Turn™
>>
>>32593506
>>
>>32593546
sanders was a joke. he IS part of the broken system. if he really believed his own bullshit, he would $0.00 in his bank account, and wouldn't have multiple mansions.

>more taxes
>more government
>not knowing he supported the awb and ubgc
>>
>>32593653
>he thinks I'm a lib
lolno

Just saying that the Dems sealed the deal on a Trump presidency by sinking Sanders' campaign to railroad Hillary, thus validating everything Trump had to say about them as completely fucking true
>>
File: donald trump posts on trumpgen.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
donald trump posts on trumpgen.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
Reminder that the President-Elect is a confirmed shitposter and /pol/ack. No amount of autistic screeching can overcome that.

Gun lobbyists posting on /pol/ have confirmed that the Hearing Protection Act is a near sure thing and SBRs are next after cans and reciprocity. Once SBRs have been legal for a few years we can push for SBSes and MGs to be stricken from the NFA, and the MG registry along with it.
>>
File: Kek 3.jpg (134KB, 960x872px) Image search: [Google]
Kek 3.jpg
134KB, 960x872px
>>32587906
All things are possible through Lord Kek.

Praise him!
>>
>>32587906
I love that every thread now on /k/ that's anywhere close to politics is covered in lib shills or trolls, and the board isn't even close to conscious of it so they just let it happen.
>>
>>32594249
Or /pol/acks who bring up politics thats unrelated to the thread they are posting in :^)
>>
>>32594249
/k/ is a liberal board
>>
>>32593506
No he didnt, he got more than dubya, mccain and romney. Go check the facts.
>>
>>32595882
No its not
>>
>>32593690
He's a fucking liberal m8.

What do you think he is?
>>
>>32590849
>Trump was low in numbers because the fucking news made it that way.
Trump was low in the number in the very beginning, that's factual and not influenced by the news.
>Did you really believe he was losing all along?
He was losing in parts, but he regained with time.

>Because of this echo chamber bullshit you have in your head
What the fuck? So believing Trump was winning all along and nothing can stop him isn't an echochamber?
>>
>>32590822
So it's a rule to keep /k/ stays cuck that can't even talk about gun control onna gun board.
>>
>>32593546
Bernie is a self-proclaimed socialist gun-grabber.

To think he's going to win all along is pretty fucking insane, considering the people who want to vote for him are underage or college students.
>>
>>32598400
given the way /k/ is anymore that's for the best, there would be threads about how guns are for evil white cishet trumpeters and should be banned

and the worst part is they would probably be in earnest
>>
>>32598506
I will never give up this place.

moot might have cucked it and moot is a faggot, but we will regain our past and heritage.
>>
>>32587906
You all need to support this, even if you don't give give a shit about full autos.

The left's favorite tactic is the piecemeal 'concession game,' wherein they demand something unreasonable but then settle for a 'compromise.' They continue to seek compromises until they've won. This is there preferred tactic, they do it with everything, and they're already hammering at gun rights with it.

However, there is a way to turn this tactic against them. You need something big, something that seems 'scary' to the average person. Full-auto fits that bill perfectly. Legalize full-autos and suddenly the left, not having much of an attention span or intelligence, starts ramming against it. They'll suddenly forget about 'assault weapons' and start ramming at the full-autos.

>but, the left leaders want to ban ALL guns, this won't stop them
Yes, they do, and no, it won't. However, you must remember the left's strategy. They can't win without their concession strategy and strategically rolling over their concessions, even if they win sometimes, effectively stonewalls their ultimate goal.
>>
>>32598651
This.

We need to further push the envelope.

This is not the time to say nurrrr "let's be realistic".

Don't fucking be, take the initiative where the Senate is republican and take charge of it.
>>
>>32598420
>Bernie
>gun grabber

His record in Vermont and the senate says otherwise. During the primary he made a little noise about """assault weapons""" being bad but all the while was dogwhistling that guns weren't a priority.

For being from the left Sanders was pretty solid on gun control. Mostly due to being from a fairly left-leaning state with a strong libertarian steak and gun culture.
>>
>>32588659
>this fucking delusion
>>
>>32589441
Hillary lost Michigan more than Trump won it.

That said even Democrats love funs here.
>>
>>32598763
>His record in Vermont and the senate says otherwise.
>In 2013 he voted for an assault weapon ban and background checks. He said at the time: “Nobody believes that gun control by itself is going to end the horrors we have seen in Newtown, Conn., Aurora, Colo., Blacksburg, Va., Tucson, Ariz. and other American communities,” Sanders said. “There is a growing consensus, however, in Vermont and across America that we have got to do as much as we can to end the cold-blooded, mass murders of innocent people. I believe very strongly that we also have got to address the mental health crisis in our country and make certain that help is available for people who may be a danger to themselves and others.”

>During the primary he made a little noise about """assault weapons""" being bad but all the while was dogwhistling that guns weren't a priority.
>Gov. O'MALLEY: In Maryland, we overcame the NRA's objections. [The lack of progress on federal un laws] i's because of the flip-flopping, political approach of Washington that both of my two colleagues on this stage have represented there for the last forty years.

>CLINTON: I have been for the Brady bill; I have been against assault weapons.

>SANDERS: In 1988, just to set the record straight governor, I ran for the U.S. House. I said, "I don't think it's a great idea that we sell automatic weapons in this country that are used by the military to kill people very rapidly." Gun people said, "Vote for one of the others, but not Bernie Sanders." I lost that election by 3%. Quite likely for that reason. Do not tell me that I have not shown courage in standing up to the gun people, in voting to ban assault weapons, voting for instant background checks, voting to end the gun show loop hole and now we're in a position to create a consensus in America on gun safety.

Seriously, m8, solid on gun control?

You think this guy is pro-gun?
>>
>>32598828
>Hillary lost Michigan more than Trump won it.
Berniebots and NeverTrump has said this shit over and over again.
>That said even Democrats love funs here.
Explain the shitty gun law?
>>
>>32590927
He's an authoritarian gun grabber ego found religion on the campaign trail.

Watch and see what happens when someone tries to shoot him. Be especially wary if they talk about "domestic terrorists".
>>
>>32591301
>the federal government can dictate its will to the states
Hah, no.
>>
>>32598840
Two people have tried to rush him, m8.
>>
File: IMG_3330.jpg (20KB, 282x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3330.jpg
20KB, 282x200px
Awoo
>>
>>32598839
And they were right.

I know a number of old men in labor who would've voted for Bernie but not Hillary. It doesn't help that Trump won with a razor thin margin and not without some very suspicious irregularities across the state.
>>
>>32598853
Call me when there's shots fired.
>>
>>32598832
I'm pro-hunting, but no one needs an AK-47 to hunt
During the 1994 campaign the NRA had played a very forceful role against me. They distributed widely a "Bye, Bye, Bernie" bumper sticker.

Vermont is a rural state in which tens of thousands of people enjoy hunting and own guns. VT is an "outdoor" state--and hunting is a key part of that way of life. I am pro-gun, and pro-hunting. But I don't believe that hunters need assault weapons and AK-47s to kill deer. I voted for the ban on assault weapons, which brought the wrath of the NRA down on me.
Source: Outsider in the House, by Bernie Sanders, p. 38-9 , Jun 17, 1997

Mixed approach to gun control vs. gun rights
On Guns: A mixed approach. No federal handgun waiting period. Some protection for gun manufacturers. Ban assault weapons.

Sanders voted against the pro-gun-control Brady Bill, writing that he believes states, not the federal government, can handle waiting periods for handguns. In 1994, he voted yes on an assault weapons ban. He has voted to ban some lawsuits against gun manufacturers and for the Manchin-Toomey legislation expanding federal background checks.
Source: PBS News Hour "2016 Candidate Stands" series , Apr 30, 2015

Q: Recently you've been criticized as not being truly progressive when it comes to gun control. What's your response to that?

SANDERS: Well, I think the people of Vermont know differently. They know in every single race that I have run, with the exception of one, the NRA and other gun lobbyists supported my opponent. I voted for banning assault weapons, doing away with the gun show loophole and fighting for instant background checks so that we make sure that guns do not fall in the hands of those people who should not have it. blah blah blah blah

http://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Bernie_Sanders_Gun_Control.htm

It's hilarious berniebots try to meme that Trump is anti-gun when Bernie does everything worse than Trump by a fucking mile.
>>
>>32598870
OK, anon.
>>32598865
>And they were right.
How are they? Every Hillary lost is a Trump won.
>I know a number of old men in labor who would've voted for Bernie but not Hillary.
How many are them?
>It doesn't help that Trump won with a razor thin margin and not without some very suspicious irregularities across the state.
I thought it's totally impossible to rig the election, said by Sanders himself?
>>
>>32598400
Assuming your who I was talking to, you're so hard up on this retarded thread that the point I was making went way the fuck over your head.
>>
>>32598396
Point missed, again.
>>
>>32598899
You have no fucking point. If you want to gun control talk off /k/, you are a cuck and deserve the echochamber you so hate about?

>>32598905
What is the point?

That believing /pol/ memed Trump into presidency is somehow an echochamber?
>>
>>32598828
The funny thing is Trump didn't even need to win Michigan to be POTUS. And Detroit had Democrat voter fraud exposed in the recount.

To add, Trump has the MOST votes for a GOP candidate in history and Clinton had the same votes as Obama last election. If people start saying Trump would have lost due to third parties, people forget that the Libertarians had 3x times more votes than the Greens, and most of them would likely swing Trump if forced to vote between D and R.

>>32598651
Actually, the best argument that has made "assault weapons" more popular and now a majority of Americans oppose banning "assault weapons" is because that most people now know that Full-Auto are essentially banned to own for civvies.

IF the HA is taken down, the pro-gun side loses that greatest argument we have against the anti-gun fucktards:
>"Full Auto is banned and these rifles only shoot as fast as handguns do."

Trump should destroy all the AWBs that exist in Democratic states and strengthen mental health checks in those and Republican states too. But he should simply use the HA as a bargaining chip, not really destroy it.
If it is gone, it might lead to another pendulum swing in public opinion. DO NOT OVERREACH.
>>
>>32598884
Don't be naive.

You really think a corrupt government is just going to accept defeat when they can legislate a victory and protect their operatives from investigation?

Whatever we have in this country right now, it's nothing resembling a democracy. Both sides are too blind with greed when they win to do anything about it.
>>
>>32598920
I do not think about them.

I think about how to achieve victory.

And you do this by pushing the envelope.

>Whatever we have in this country right now, it's nothing resembling a democracy.
America is not a democracy.
>>
>>32598865
>very suspicious irregularities across the state.
538 did an analysis of this, and they called that just pure bullshit. The recounts actually found voter fraud in Democrat precincts rather than in the Republican voting ones too.
I also know of Republicans who thought Trump was going to kill the party so they wouldn't vote instead.
>>
>>32598919
>And Detroit had Democrat voter fraud exposed in the recount.
A number of counties did, including Oakland County.

Funny how we couldn't recount all those abnormally low Detroit precincts or the precincts run by Republicans because they were missing a ballot.
>>
>>32598919
>IF the HA is taken down, the pro-gun side loses that greatest argument we have against the anti-gun fucktards:
What?

The greatest argument for pro-gun side is SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

You are fighting a losing battle if you keep full auto being a gatekeeper.

>If it is gone, it might lead to another pendulum swing in public opinion. DO NOT OVERREACH.
Trump wins by pushing the envelope, not bargaining with it.
>>
>>32598936
>538 did an analysis of this
Link me, I'm interested to see if start you say is true.
>>
>>32587906
We can hope since trump supports gun rights, but don't get you hopes way up.
>>
>>32598957
Don't get your hopes up.

Don't expect Trump to do your job for you.

Get up and do it yourself.

We need to form (war)band, to form protest, to meme pro-gun narratives.
>>
The very least, I would like the '89 import ban and 922 compliance repealed.
>>
>>32598939
Shall not infringed is not a winning argument if we're being honest with ourselves, the best argument is telling people the other side are liars and that semiauto rifles only shoot as fast as pistols. Once people start equating rifle speed to handgun speed, they start saying Dems are bullshitters and Reps make more sense with guns.

This is the fundamental reason (education) that support for any form of AWB has dropped below majority in several national polling surveys in the past five years.

If we take away that intellectual weapon to make ten full-auto people happy, it could fuck us up in the long run.

>>32598938
I read through most of Michigan's press during the recounts. This shit is all bullshit.
>>32598948
Recounts Rarely Reverse Election Results | FiveThirtyEight
Demographics, Not Hacking, Explain The Election ... - FiveThirtyEight
Why I Support An Election Audit, Even Though It's ... - FiveThirtyEight
I mean, FiveThirtyEight did like five analyses that says these "anomalies" are bullshit.

>>32598938
Trump bargains and that's why he wins. You walk away from deals if they suck.
>>
>>32598982
>We need to form (war)band, to form protest, to meme pro-gun narratives.
That'll end well.
>>
>>32598990
That's not a link.
>>
File: 1463681627152.jpg (64KB, 387x335px) Image search: [Google]
1463681627152.jpg
64KB, 387x335px
>>32591334

Hughes amendment repealed would still open the door to a lot of modern recreations of historical items. Yeah, original GI Thompsons and BARs would have originality over a modern creation but I'm not sure you'd want to be putting thousands of rounds through your +20,000 dollar investment.

I mean hell the reason why I'm not big on pistol carbines or recreation SMGs is because the lack of selective fire hurts their appeal. But fuck, imagine if there were suomi/PPSH recreations in 9mm. No tacticool shit, just a legit suomi or PPSh in 9mm or 22lr.
>>
>>32598990
It's actually a good argument because every armed citizen mean freedom is protected, especially if said militia is equipped with the stuff regular mil gets on.

The rpm = more babbykillan is a shit argument that will always fall to pure logic (full auto isn't actually as dangerous as semi-auto when it comes to using guns), we just need to meme fucking narrative for everybody to realize that.
>>
>>32598984
While the import ban might get repealed, Trump might put a tariff on them. I'm not opposed to that, since that just makes the guns marginally more expensive (and worth more) instead of completely unable to obtain.
>>
>>32598993
OK, what do you suggest we do?
>>
>>32599001
>title of article
>put on google
>wa-la there it is
We're on /k/.
This is not /r/. I already helped you find the exact analysis posts. Just put the damn thing on google, click the link there, and read it.
>>
>>32599006
>It's actually a good argument
NO. IT IS NOT.
MOST people are dumbasses.
MOST people do not understand freedom the way we understand it.
Because of these facts, we have to use actual facts that make the majority of voters go pro-gun. Your idea of making full auto proliferate is deleterious to the pro-gun side. It is a weapon and bargaining chip. It is not what we should aim for.

And actually, full auto is more dangerous than semi-auto especially in crowded areas. This is why machine guns make for a powerful defensive weapon and created WW1's fabled stalemate.

Not using full auto in the battlefield doesn't mean it's not as dangerous in the civilian world.
Stop being an idiot.
>>
>>32599006

Shall not be infringed makes you seem like a no compromiser. When what we need to do is reframe compromise from us being Chamberlained into THEM being chamberlained. In the past we were always the ones giving up rights for zero return. Now what we need to is frame it so they think they're getting a compromise but we're the ones winning.

I'd give an example but jesus christ the NRA and the like in the past were retards that weren't even trying to get ANY kind of consolation prize. Obama negotiated with Iran more nicely and considerately than he negotiates with gun owners.

But in my mind it'd be something like:

Increase the punishment for gun crime or straw purchases that lead to gun crime in exchange for dissolution of the NFA and repeal of hughes amendment.
>>
>>32598984
Those are probably the really important ones for most people.
>>
>>32599006
Yes, because if this election demonstrated anything, it's that people are cold, emotionless robots that never waiver from logic.

Machine guns are off the table. Period. The only way they'll get back on the table is if they increase the tax stamp to some obscene amount.

Nobody wants to see Achmed go Call of Duty on an airport.
>>
>>32599039
Dude, most people can learn of this argument as soon as you can make it funny and memorable.

>And actually, full auto is more dangerous than semi-auto especially in crowded areas. This is why machine guns make for a powerful defensive weapon and created WW1's fabled stalemate.
If we speak about crowded areas then explosives are the most dangerous and good luck banning that.
>>
>>32599050
This election demonstrates that people can do anything as long as they believe in it enough and act upon it.

We cannot get shit done if keep doing this mental block "durr we can't do that".
>>
>>32599044
Because in reality, we have compromised enough.

>Increase the punishment for gun crime or straw purchases that lead to gun crime in exchange for dissolution of the NFA and repeal of hughes amendment.
I agree with that.
>>
>>32599057
No. You can't. Most people are stupid, especially regarding stuff and or constitutional freedom. /k/ is not the majority voting bloc in the US. It never was, it never will be. What we can be is an educational force that tells people not to be afraid of semiauto rifles because they fire just as fast as handguns. And to most people, handguns don't fire that fast enough to want them banned. That is the point.

On your second point, explosives require expertise to make. Most people are stupider than the level required to make those. Whereas you can simply buy a gun from a gun shop, you can't just buy a high-tier explosive from an explosives shop. And even those same stupid people understand that. You made a dumbass argument. Stop making them. Idiot.
>>
>>32599079
I feel this is always some kind of losing fight where we must assume the general populace is retarded and will never move the way we want them to. We need memes, dude, memes to teach them more than "handguns don't fire that fast enough to want them banned".

>On your second point, explosives require expertise to make.
Not really hard to make an IED, brah, or just a molotov.
>>
File: IMG_3326.jpg (82KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3326.jpg
82KB, 600x480px
>>
File: IMG_3327.jpg (76KB, 300x387px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3327.jpg
76KB, 300x387px
Meme it bitches
>>
File: IMG_3328.jpg (91KB, 925x867px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3328.jpg
91KB, 925x867px
>>
File: IMG_3329.jpg (55KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3329.jpg
55KB, 675x450px
>>
File: IMG_3124.gif (741KB, 752x969px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3124.gif
741KB, 752x969px
>>
>>32592898
>tax payers pay the tariffs
What? Literally not how it works.

Are you suggesting that higher tariffs means that you pay more for products to cover those costs? That's potentially true but what's worse, extorted jobs or extorted wallets? Even then the market will only bear a certain level of price increase.
>>
>>32598853
One was a mentally ill Bong who unsuccessfully tried to pull a gun from a cop's retention holster and the other was a guy who wasn't ever armed in the first place.
>>
>>32598873
>It's hilarious berniebots try to meme that Trump is anti-gun when Bernie does everything worse than Trump by a fucking mile.
Bernouts are blinded by the fact that they thought Bernie was the opposite of Hillary so since she was aggressively anti-gun they assume that he was "different".
>>
>>32598865
>It doesn't help that Trump won with a razor thin margin and not without some very suspicious irregularities across the state.
If I recall the only instance of discovered outright and widespread voter "fraud" was an entire county in Michigan where Hillary ballots were counted twice.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.