[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Picking up a Beretta M9A3 in the next 2 weeks for my first pistol.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

File: 9706754_orig.jpg (227KB, 987x800px) Image search: [Google]
9706754_orig.jpg
227KB, 987x800px
Picking up a Beretta M9A3 in the next 2 weeks for my first pistol. Please tell me how stupid I am and why I shouldn't buy it.

Home defense btw I don't plan on CC
>>
Inherently it's not a bad first pistol at all.

FDE is ugly as shit though, and you should reconsider your life if that's the color you went for.
>>
C'mon faggots. I want to hear an opinion or else im going to know it's a great decision regardless of price. And fuck off with the "slide safety" meme, I personally like it
>>
>>32586712
>doesn't know that's the only color it comes in

Lol, why are you here?
>>
>>32586721
Dun learnt something new today, sheeeeeit.
>>
>>32586731
You dun learnt to keep your mouth shut if you know nothing about the gun
>>
>>32586691
God that color us hideous.
>>
>>32586737
I'll admit I don't know shit about the A3, but I've been fingerfucking my Uncle Sam's M9's for the past three years, and they are inherently some pretty decent pistols.

Either way, that color is still ugly as shit.
>>
>>32586741
It comes with a threaded barrel though. And 17+1 of ammunition

Maybe I over-estimated /k/ and it really is your typical 4chan 15 year olds infatuated by the aesthetics of firearms rather than the ergonomic. Sad. Moving on
>>
>>32586751
>the color matter regarding self defense.

Are you under the age of 20? I'd guess so. And by "finger fucking" your grand dads beretta I'm assuming you mean flinching like Michael J. Fox as he teaches you how to shoot
>>
>>32586755
>hurr durr why shouldn't I buy this
It's ugly
>i'm so superior, I am more concerned about ergonomics than looks even though I could get a normal version cheaper that didn't look like shit.
>>
>>32586769
Are you actually autistic. Did the Uncle Sam thing really fly over your head?
>>
>>32586769
Dude
DUDE
HES A MILFAG

HOW ARE YOU THIS MAD
>>
>>32586713

Personally, I prefer the standard M9/92 grip, as the vertec style is a bit thin for me.

The slightly longer threaded barrel is a plus, though. IIRC, its actually 5.1" instead of the 4.9" you get on the standard 9X models, meaning there is a little more space for attaching something.
>>
>>32586771
T. 15 year old
>how muh gun looks matters more than capicity, function, and reliability.
Lol, you're unironically dumb as fuck
>>32586775
>Thinking anyone on this board wouldn't know who uncle Sam is
>couldnt see the irony in my post eluding to you being young and stupid
You're actually young AND stupid though, now that's funny.
>>
>>32586776
I'm furious man
>posts in all caps
>>
>>32586755
>M9A3
About 1000 USD
>92FS
Around $600 new, LE trade ins as low as $350, $200 for threaded barrel, $35 for a 17 round magazine.

Congratulations on being this retarded.
>>
File: 92a1.jpg (799KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
92a1.jpg
799KB, 1920x1080px
M9/92 is a great gun, no reason you won't be happy with the A3 if you're cool with the slide safety as you already mentioned.

I love my A1, only complaint was the double action pull, but I put the D hammer spring in and it's great now.

Not sure what hammer spring they put in the A3, but if it's the same as the regular M9, consider changing it out with the D spring or one of the other lighter ones (you can order them individually or a little pack of different weights if you want to try something other than the D version). Everyone I've talked to says the D spring is what Beretta should've shipped the gun with.

Also, they likely fixed it on the A3, but if you have issues getting a SureFire light to mount on the rear-most slot on the rail, you can take the back plate off of it to get a little extra room.
>>
>>32586783
Trigger guard is also squared so attachments will fit flush against it. The major selling point to me is the threaded barrel and 17 round capacity. Also DA/SA action is a plus for me even though many people hate it.
>>
>>32586806
M9A3 comes standard with:
>trijicon Night sights
>threaded barrel
>17+1 instead of 15
>newer design
>fixed safety

For 300 bucks more (you can pick them up new for ~900 on gunsamerica) it's worth it.

Congratulations on being this retarded
>>
File: 92a1lightclose.jpg (644KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
92a1lightclose.jpg
644KB, 1920x1080px
>>32586812
>Trigger guard is also squared so attachments will fit flush against it

I was alluding to this here >>32586807

I looked into this really quick and it turns out this is one of the differences between the M9A1 and the 92A1 as well. I got my light to fit flush on my 92A1 by removing the backplate, but it's still good to know.

Personally I like the look of the curved trigger guard better, but OP has made it clear we aren't to discuss such things in this thread.
>>
>>32586807
>>32586812

I've only ever rented one, so I can't attest to whether or not stuff will fit properly against the guard - it does look a little meatier than what they have on the 92/96A1 frame, though. I have an X300 that fits with a little push (on a 92A1), so I'd imagine it wouldn't be too different.

Squared guard is another plus for me, but that was kinda cancelled out by the vertec style.

Also, definitely go with D spring (or lighter).

Modern 92s/M9s all take the same magazines, so that really isn't something I look at (you can get 30rd mags meant for the CX4, of which I have 3).

Having someone thread a factory barrel would run about $60-$80 depending on who you talk to (if you supply the barrel), and there is usually an obnoxious backlog. That, and there is a space issue.
>>
>>32586838
Personal preferences and why you personally like prefer them is exactly the opinions I was looking for. But I the replies I got was "eww it looks ugly"
>>
>>32586824
Okay add the night sights to what I said and you're still 200 dollars less, and don't have baby-shit brown on your hands.

At the end of the day, if you think it's a good purchase than it's a good purchase. Your thread was looking for an opinion, and as I and a few others stated, FDE a shit.
>>
>>32586847
The M9A3 does come standard with a D spring. Thanks for your input brother
>>
>>32586847
>CX4
How do you like it? They look like a ton of fun and would be a thinly veiled excuse to buy 30rd mags for my 92A1.

I'm supposed to be saving for a new rifle but a $700 carbine that takes the same mags as my favorite handgun is really tempting.
>>
File: light.jpg (121KB, 512x289px) Image search: [Google]
light.jpg
121KB, 512x289px
>>32586838

Looks like the snap-fit version was moved forward a little.
>>
>>32586857
600 for a new m9a1. Add 100 for night sights, add another 100 for the barrel, add another hundred for three 17 round mags (that look hideous on an fr and I know you're concerned with aesthetic)

Spend 100 bucks just to have it all in 1 package and not worry about shipping, I don't have any idea what you're complaining about
>>
>>32586878
Interesting. That pic I posted was before I took the backplate off obviously, it sits flush now but I don't have a close up picture of it.

I was worried about taking the backplate off at first, but apparently it's removable so you can add a remote switch to it, and just taking it off doesn't affect the waterproofing or anything.
>>
>>32586874

I don't actually have a CX4 yet - just the 30rd mags :P

The rental at the range here is a little worn, but still a lot of fun.

The fact that they take accept the same mags is also the selling point for me - I'm waiting for an order of mine to arrive.
>>
>>32586885
Or buy a glock 17, get a threaded barrel you'll never use, get some night sights and have the same gun for ~700-800. Surely you won't complain about how the glock looks :^)
>>
>>32586908
The aesthetic of a Beretta does play a factor. I also stated earlier that I like the DA/SA feature as well as the de-cocker feature. Yeah, I could just buy a cheap glock and it would do the same thing any gun is intended to do. And I live in an un-cucked state, saving another grand for a suppressor isn't out of the question and the benefits of having one for home defense is a whole 'nother debate but yes, I'd like to buy one in the future
>>
>>32586928
>hurrrr who cares about looks!! Ima a REAL man it doesn't matter
>bbbbbut the glock is uggies I need my Italian gun!!
Didn't even read the rest, good to know this is a troll thread
>>
>>32586928

I believe you can also use heavier silencers without boosters due to the mechanism design.

Tilt barrel + heavy can = damaged threads.
>>
>>32586938
Dude why are you so butthurt? You're just looking for an argument because you're bored. Do not ever never own a gun
>>
>>32586885
> add another hundred for three 17 round mags (that look hideous on an fr and I know you're concerned with aesthetic)
they fit flush kys
>>
>>32586968
>insinuating they wouldn't fit flush
"KYS"
They look abnormal. The grip was designed for a 15 round mag. But "ohmergerd" let's be butthurt someone is buying a superior pistol.

So much jelly ITT
>>
>>32586968
>but you should still buy 3 of them and have an older gun for the same price
>>
>>32586838
kek. Why is thelight so far back? There's literally another 1/2'' it can move up on the rail.
>>
>>32586885
>add another hundred for three 17 round mags

New A1 pistols already come with 17rd mags.
>>
>>32586948
>Tilt barrel + heavy can = damaged threads.

only if they're really shitty shallow threads which I don't see happening on heavier suppressors.
>>
>>32586769
>who is uncle sam
>>
File: stay frosty.jpg (65KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
stay frosty.jpg
65KB, 800x600px
>>32586691
>Please tell me how stupid I am and why I shouldn't buy it.

Well, it's a $1000 gun and most pistols in that range are usually meant to attract collectors/enthusiasts rather than the customer that cares more about the functionality of the gun. The M9A3 definitely falls in the former category as its targeted towards people that like tactical military-style gear. 90% of the features on the gun itself can be had on a cheaper M9A1 or 92A1 for under $300 in aftermarket parts which would probably save you about $200 on the back end.

But if you really don't care about the price, then go for it.
>>
>>32587126
No, they don't. The "new" m9 is the M9A3
>>
>>32587197
This is the input I wanted, thanks.

BUT, I like the SA/DA features of the gun. As well as the threaded barrel. Instead of buying a used $300 glock 19 which would perform just as well Id prefer spending an additional 600 bucks for the package the A3 comes with.

What I really want is criticism of the gun itself, disregarding price and looks. And I still haven't recieved any.
>>
File: 984981289204.jpg (192KB, 980x824px) Image search: [Google]
984981289204.jpg
192KB, 980x824px
>>32587201
>No, they don't.
Yes, they do.

http://www.beretta.com/en-us/92-a1/
>This pistol comes with three 17-round magazines designed to deliver remarkable firepower out of the box while being absolutely durable and corrosion resistant.
>>
>>32587236

Just curious, why do you prefer SA/DA?

I cross-draw, so I can just push the hammer back while switching off the safety. I deliberately went with a 13lb hammer spring in case I couldn't do this, but it hasn't been an issue so far...

As far as how it handles: Basically just like any other Beretta with a vertec grip. Everything else about it is mechanically identical to a 9X model. If you have large-ish or long hands, you may prefer the classic grip.
>>
>>32586789
>Paying a shit ton of cash for a gun that doesn't give you a hard on whenever you look at it
>>
>>32586712
Whys FDE so hated? I like it it reminds me of food
>>
>>32587348
>Whys FDE so hated?

Because it's a played out affair with the War on Terror. Also, because most Americans don't live in place where FDE is more useful than black and the color patter is associated with the generation of gun enthusiasts who grew playing CoD before they knew anything about guns.
>>
>>32587359
I thought most of texas and the south was deserts and shit though, and thats where most people own guns
>>
>>32586838
>read manual before use

Fuck that's ugly
>>
File: 984981289204.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
984981289204.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>32587236
>What I really want is criticism of the gun itself, disregarding price and looks. And I still haven't recieved any.

It's still a fundamentally a 92 which is a solid gun. Any real negatives about the handling and performance of the gun is inherent throughout the 92 range. Typical gripes of the 92 are size, weight, safety location, and the DA/SA trigger. If an 18yo who never shot a gun before joining the marines can get over these issues with training, then so can most people.

As part of the 92 family pistols, the major hits against it are its price and its looks.
>>
It's a fine, if pricey, first gun.

But your comments in this thread make you sound like a little bitch, so I hope you ND directly into your left testicle.
>>
>>32587236
It's too small for my hands. I don't like that my pinky hangs off. I thought it was a full size pistol but apparently i was wrong.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (15KB, 280x180px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
15KB, 280x180px
>>32587367
heh...no. Most of them don't even live in rural areas. The FDE camo would only help in blending in with the dead grass on their lawns. The "desert" areas are very sparsely populated.
>>
>>32587273
I don't like having to disengage a safety. but I'm scared to leave it off because of how easily the trigger can be pulled if the safety is off and I go to grab it or it snags. If it's double action I can leave the safety off and have one in the chamber the trigger pull will be harder to pull and less likely to accidentally discharge accidentally
>>
>>32587396
You left nothing of value ITT but are butthurt by my comments. I hope you ND into your femoral artery, bitch
>>
>>32587398
Did you put on the overlay grip it came with?
>>
>>32586751
You're noguns. Stop being annoying and pretending like you know what you're talking about.
>>
>>32586691
That thing is sexy as shit. Buy it.
>>
>>32587418
Blends in perfectly where I live and shoot in Colorado and Utah.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.