[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What country has the best ground force in terms of ability etc.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

What country has the best ground force in terms of ability etc.

Who are the top 5 countries Army/Marine wise (Not navy, airforce)

USA?

How close is Russia & China to USA.

Also what about Australia and Europeans? Please give me a top 20 list.

Are Poos powerful with their army?
>>
On paper, US forces are overall superior to everyone else. Locally, they are not.
>>
>>32585958
Well if you're purely going off ground forces Russia stands out as having more armor than anyone else, and more self propelled guns. That said without airpower or navies China still has a couple hundred million they can afford to throw at you
>>
>>32586349
>Chinks using 1940s Soviet wave tactics modern equipment and logistics
That sounds fucking awesome. Not for the 6.8 billion little yellow men though.
>>
>>32585958
How does China rank so high?
I'm assuming it's going entirely by population, if we took equipment into account...
They can't afford to give everyone QBZ95 rifles and modern vehicles.
>>
>>32585958
>India 2030
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xl0b2LGf9jM
>>
>>32586432
I have serious praise for the chinese in the korean war. 200k soldiers marched under the cover of darkness and utilized camo tents and blankets to remain hidden from UN forces flyovers and surprised the fuck out of everyone. This was at a point where north korea was effective beaten and pushed back after their initial offensive to Busan. That forced a decision to either create a ceasefire or use nuclear weapons.
>>
>>32585958
Just my 2 cents, but the Royal Marines are the only amphibious force in Europe that can conduct operations at brigade level.
>>
>>32586642
The only person they surprised was Mac Arthur because he was fucking retarded and should have been canned in 42.
He deliberately ignored countless reports stating that not only had China mobilized, they were preparing to attack.
>>
>>32586781
All of that is true, but mobilization intelligence aside they conducted an operation involving 200k soldiers into a warzone without getting spotted.

That's some strict operational discipline that the US still didn't account for even 20 years later in vietnam with vietnamese forces.

I feel like a modern force on force war involving chinese armies will be a rude awakening for whoever fights them.
>>
>>32586864

Well, even though it's assumed that China has outdated equipment, the outdated section of its military is just that; a section. Subtracting all the dudes on horses or in T-55s or conscripts using bolt-action rifles still nets you a competent, modernized conventional force roughly the size of the US's own. The outdated units don't subtract to the PLA, they add to it.

The only issue the PLA suffers is the fact that they're all green: they have yet to take part in a major conflict so they're relying on theory.
>>
>>32586911
Realistically any war they would get involved with would be with neighboring asian nations (this is just me armchair generaling) with western powers likely supporting. They've fought multiple smaller conflicts but like you stated nothing modern and would likely take a beating for the first few weeks or months of it. I think any build up to war would involve a large proxy war first, to test the capabilities of modern operations. I think the maoist insurrection in Nepal may be the next play by the chinese, well before all the problems in pacific bear fruit. PLN is 20 years away from challenging anyone.

The massive difference between the china of the 70s and the 50s and the china of today is 4 trillion dollars in infrastructure investment. They can logistically support sustained losses like post 43 USSR as opposed to 39 USSR. A full mobilization would be interesting to see today.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.