[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some different opinions I'm a PAfag here looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

I need some different opinions

I'm a PAfag here looking to get a CCW and permit in around July and I've narrowed it down to 3 options

1) CZ-75 compact
2) a rock island 1911 compact
3) a Springfield XD in either .40 or .45

Does /k/ have an opinion of on any of these? I'd like the CZ but I also love .45
>>
File: Tr3R8T4.png (418KB, 618x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tr3R8T4.png
418KB, 618x600px
>>32584512
>>
I would choose a cz p07 basically still a cz 75 but far more carryable
>>
>>32584537
OP here

1911s are known to do that? Last time I fired one I loved every second of it
>>
File: his8xr4ykr2y.png (613KB, 642x600px) Image search: [Google]
his8xr4ykr2y.png
613KB, 642x600px
>>32584548
>>
>>32584538

I haven't looked much into a P07 are they steel or poly? One of the things turning me off of the the XD is the polymer frame. Idk why I'm just not a fan
>>
>>32584569
>Hating poly for a carry gun

Trust me you won't retain that feeling very long

It's poly frame
>>
File: Race War.jpg (27KB, 425x254px) Image search: [Google]
Race War.jpg
27KB, 425x254px
>>32584512
CZ wins everytime, do yourself a favor and get the PCR. It is a decocker only compact model with a lighter aluminum frame.

Compact 1911s usually seem to have more problems than standard models.

XD personally I don't care for them, but to each his own
>>
>>32584548

Not so much 1911s, but short ones. Typically (from years of advice based on anecdotes I've read on various places on the internet over the years), the shorter you get from the original 5" 1911 barrel the more likely you are to have feed issues. Something to do with barrel tilt angle I think, I'm shooting from the hip but confident in my assertion. I wouldn't go shorter than 4.25"
>>
>>32584512
.40's are usually built around a 9mm system; the larger round puts more ear and tear on the parts. .45's are designed for the caliber they shoot have a track record of success. No limp-wristing in 1911's.

As for the glock vs. 1911 debate, the fact that it's 105 year firearm and is still up for debate should be record enough.
>>
>>32584512
ive owned/shot many of these
>1) CZ-75 compact
best option out of the 3 still a shit choice for ccw. it straddles the line of comfortable to uncomfortable to ccw. you could if you wanted to but if you have access to other options you wont want to lug it around. nice gun but a bad choice for ccw
>2) a rock island 1911 compact
lets take everything great about the 1911 chop parts off and ruin it. now youve got a gun that wont make it to a thousand rounds without replacing recoil springs, is incredibly picky about ammo or mags and is uncomfortable to shoot. govts are soft shooting officers kick like mules. youd think well its worth it right its smaller but compact 1911s arent small. they are just small for a 1911. you compare it to a 19 the the officer is still bigger.
>3) a Springfield XD in either .40 or .45
hahaha buy a glock you broke mofo the xd is joke and everyone knows it. when it was the only glock alternative at a fraction of the price it was toted as better than a glock. when everyone else cameout with glock clones it fell by the wayside and everyone stopped giving a shit cause its mediocre. the few ways it stands out would be considered negatives by most people. nobody wants a grip safety or high bore axis when a gun that lacks those features is available for the same price.
>>
File: Taurus-Curve-5.jpg (373KB, 1200x805px) Image search: [Google]
Taurus-Curve-5.jpg
373KB, 1200x805px
>>32584512
I'm guessing a Taurus Curve is out of the question.
>>
>>32584512
You should probably go for cz, but get the P-01, its better
XD compact in 9mm is very underrated
I like it better than glock 19
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.