[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Late Cretaceous, 70 million years ago >You wake up in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

>Late Cretaceous, 70 million years ago
>You wake up in freefall. Your parachute opens and you land comfortably in a meadow 10 meters from the treeline.
>Based on the vegetation you assume you are near the Tethys sea in southern Laurasia
>you check your backpack for supplies and find a basic survival kit, basic shelter and enough food to last you for a day and enough water for 2 days
>in the gunbag next to it you find... including 500 rounds of ammunition

well, /k/? what do you bring?
>>
A flintlock blunderbuss. At least I could attempt to make ammo if I'm stuck there forever.
>black powder is 3 ingredients but can be made out of two
>I can make it using piss and charcoal
>rocks work fine in a blunderbuss.
>>
I can't think of a better reason to use .577 Tyrannosaur.
>>
PaK 40
>>
Ruger 10/22

Now hear me out. Regardless of the caliber of gun I have, I'm fucked if a Trex or other large predator (I'm thinking Allosaurus or spinosaurus or some shit cause I think Trex wasn't in Cretaceous) happens upon me. Most of the food I'm going to be able to hunt will be smaller dinos that aren't aggressive, and possibly early birds. Anything larger than a 22 will obliterate their bodies and make hunting harder.
>>
Mosin
All the way
If I get bayo, it will always serve
>>
File: g012 late cretaceous map_bi.jpg (56KB, 526x264px) Image search: [Google]
g012 late cretaceous map_bi.jpg
56KB, 526x264px
>>32584486
70 million years ago Laurasia didn't exist.

The continents were mostly in their modern places, but the sea level was fuck higher and mountain ranges were younger, plus Panama isthmus hadn't yet formed.
>>
>>32584486

Desert Eagle in .50 AE

I figure it will hurt the least when I kill myself. I'm not eking out an existence in the cretaceous period with no hope of human interaction ever again.
>>
>>32584486
I cant decide whether the over abundance of oxygen in the air at the time would fucking kill you or turn you into John Carter. Like if you barely had to inhale to absorb a lung's full of oxygen could you suddenly run marathons without straining or what?
>>
>>32584764
It wouldn't kill you. It would definitely help you with long physical exertions.

That's why you see nfl players with oxygen masks in places like Denver.
>>
>>32584764

Too much oxygen is explosive, and your midochondria aren't meant to use such high O2 for so long, so eventually your body would explode when it builds up too much.
>>
.700 Nitro Express Double Rifle

Literally the only correct answer
>>
>>32584486
Supressed m700 chambered in 300 winmag with an illuminated scope
>>
File: wm_1786048.jpg (396KB, 1905x962px) Image search: [Google]
wm_1786048.jpg
396KB, 1905x962px
>>32584486
An American-180 for the keks with a fictional 250 round magazine, loaded with bullets that have a mixture of-
>Octane 93, Rubbing alcohol, and styrofoam.
>>
>>32585240

Literally why? Suppression is for humans animals are naturally afraid of firearm cracks. The dinos in Jurassic park would have ran.
>>
File: 1473446589946.jpg (21KB, 427x427px) Image search: [Google]
1473446589946.jpg
21KB, 427x427px
Barett M107A1
Why waste the potential for the greatest hunt of all time?
>mfw preserved rifle can be discovered 70 millions years later by archaeologists
>>
>>32584486
Sidearm Glock20 10mm.
Primary G3.
Heavy M82 with mk211 ammo.
Question for OP are there other /k/rononaughts?
>>
>>32584803
Dude that's like over 50% O2.
>>
>>32584486

The answer in these threads is literally always the .375 H&H. While I'd like a more classic rig, in this case I'll go for a stainless/laminate Sako 85 with irons, QD rings and a 1-6x scope. Short shorts are a must.

Are you sure I can't bring a cute grill with me? That'd really be my only concern, I'm very excited to hunt and eat dinosaurs for the rest of my life.
>>
>>32585680

>everyone's face when they uncover a mound of hundreds of dinosaur skeletons stacked together with the rifle
>one human skeleton at the very top of the mound
>time travel confirmed possible, extinction of dinosaurs confirmed caused by autists with time machines and rifles
>>
>>32584486
Aren't cretaceous lobsters and oyster basically you would only be hunting giant dragon flies and rats the size of cars which is still dangerous and nasty you'd need to clear out most of the land of their fecal material and nest hives. The workload alone would kill you. It actually made my left arm hurt a little.
>>
Any good dinosaur vidya? With guns and stuff?
>>
>>32588729
Turok bruh
>>
File: tres.jpg (70KB, 394x400px) Image search: [Google]
tres.jpg
70KB, 394x400px
>>32588729
>>
>>32588729

Dino Crisis 2
>>
>>32584618
Trex was cretacious, and actually iirc allosaurus were jurassic
>>
>>32584723
Yeah but California isn't attached yet. So score.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 800x800px
>>32584486
This nigga with a bicycle pump. Not sure about the arrow to pellet ratio I'd want.
>>
Something in .50 BMG. One bullet will do just fine, though.
>>
File: playstation-56950-11406912135.jpg (48KB, 558x436px) Image search: [Google]
playstation-56950-11406912135.jpg
48KB, 558x436px
>>32588729

Sadly nothing recent. I used to love Trespasser as a kid but it's for seasoned vidya veterans who know the meaning of "acquired taste." If you managed to enjoy rather flawed niche games before, you'll probably enjoy it a lot, even as an odd curio.

Dino Crisis 1 & 2 are the very best I can recommend, I still love those games. They're like the old Resident Evil games if you've ever played them. DC1 is more creepy slow-paced, DC2 is heavily action-oriented but they both use the same kind of camera/control scheme as RE1-3.

>pic related: DC2

Alternatively you can look into the Carnivores series, which are very old hunting sims. Good for a weekend giggle.
>>
>>32584486

>FN FAL .308
>lay low, camp in the underbrush, under messes of tree branches and brambles
>go out only to gather resources
>gun mainly for defense against raptors, and hunting small hervibores for din-dins
>whenever I so much as sense a large carnivore I fuck off ASAP and try to take cover under something

This is of course to survive for the longest amount of time without just shooting myself, which I realistically probably would do in such a situation.
>>
>>32584486

OP this scenario should have involved the need to travel a few hundred km to reach the time travel portal that will return you home.

It would eliminate the "lol just kys" answers.
>>
>>32589430
Nevermind, since the T-Rex was around I'd go with a Barrett .50.
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (252KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
252KB, 1920x1080px
Marlin Guide Gun in
.45-70
>>
>>32585815
>Question for OP are there other /k/rononaughts?

for the sake of discussion, yes. assume there are other "survivors" (not necessarily /k/ommandos)
>>
>>32589631
Thanks, I'll look into those. I remember playing Carnivores for hours as a kid.
>>
>>32589927
true. didn't think of that.
>>
>>32584638
>TFW you'll never bayonet a T-rex
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.