[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have a bad experience with Winchester Ammo? I just bought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: Winchester 7.62 NATO.jpg (31KB, 525x307px) Image search: [Google]
Winchester 7.62 NATO.jpg
31KB, 525x307px
Anyone have a bad experience with Winchester Ammo? I just bought a few boxes of pic related and the quality of the bullet crimps seems to be everywhere. Many of the bullets I can pull in and out of the brass casing (although not completely remove by hand), others feel firmly crimped in place, while others I can spin the bullet freely by hand within the case.

I'm kind of afraid to fire these in my M1A. Anyone have similar experience? I have 6 boxes of this stuff I bought on sale, and all of them seem to have the same problems. It seems to b more than just a simple bad batch.
>>
>>32584245
Winchester White box a shit
>>
>>32584245
(you)
>>
>>32584245
WWB has always been the dirtiest ammo I've used. Other than that I haven't run into any ammo related problems.
>>
>>32584245
High quality components assembled by inebriated simian miscreants. If you want ammo you know you can reload after, it's a great choice. If you want ammo you know will go bang every time, you're safer with Tula. Not even kidding.
>>
>>32584245
I've had whITE box or winclean 9mm loaded in a mag before. When I went back to unload that magazine later, one of the rounds had fallen out of the casing completely in the magazine and powder was all in the mag
>>
>>32584259
Fucking hell! How can quality control be that bad??
>>
>>32584245

If your wanting cheap reloadable ammo Perfecta from wally is the best bet , if not wolf is the best cheapest steel I'll run in my gun.
>>
>>32584402
The usual story. They used to be superb, build a great customer base, went totally to shit, and people still buy from them anyway, b/c they always have.
>>
>>32584402
Because WWB is a customer QC product.

If you get something really egregious, take a pic and call them, they'll send you a free box (I had a 230 hollow point backwards in the case once), but they know that WWB is cheap shit ammo for blasting, so they aren't going to make great efforts to ensure every round is perfect.

They've got more expensive ammo to sell you if that's what you want.

But unlike (most) cheap shit foreign ammo in the same price range, the brass is excellent for reloading.
>>
OP here; what's the worst case scenario I could expect from shitty bullet crimps? I can't move the bullets inside the casings, even the ones I can spin freely anymore than the point where they actually tired to crimp it, so I don't think I'll get an overpressure round from it being too far back in the case. Maybe a squib round?
>>
>>32584459
I'm thinking about making a webm. Can I load them on /k/ with audio? I know I can on /gif/, but not every board keeps the file audio.
>>
File: thisguygetsit.jpg (98KB, 400x400px)
thisguygetsit.jpg
98KB, 400x400px
>>32584459
They really don't give a fuck about the individual rounds. They figure if anyone gets butthurt enough to call them on it, they'll toss them a whole freebie pack, and it'll be all good. Problem is, most people who aren't reloading will just say fuck 'em and buy Perfecta or Tula.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.