[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Comms and networking thread. Haven't seen one of these.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: comms.jpg (19KB, 425x425px) Image search: [Google]
comms.jpg
19KB, 425x425px
Comms and networking thread. Haven't seen one of these. Most of the threads on this board are dedicated to discussions of individual preparedness, but, do any of you guys have any plans for grouping up with other operators in your area? If so then what about comms? Meeting points? Caches?
>>
File: 1483931515327-809188714.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
1483931515327-809188714.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
>>32583817
Caught a flash sale for a "baofeng", bought it without really looking, box says Pofung.

Did I get rused?
>>
>>32583857
I think theyre ight. Website says its baofeng sister company
>>
File: 1483931644588-953485794.jpg (1MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1483931644588-953485794.jpg
1MB, 1836x3264px
>>32583857
>>
Most people aren't that interested in coming up with a standard communications system for /k/ to use in the even of shtf for meeting up/coordinating. No official meeting points or caches have been set up. The only /k/ meeting point is arkadia, but I don't think there's an open invitation for everyone to go there and have a massive circle-jerk when shtf.

Most of us will probably end up going by the prepper standard of FRS channel 3 and all the checking in shit that goes along with that.

One thing I'd kind of like to do is hold HF roundtables, but then that requires personal info and people become uninterested.
>>
>>32583904
I have no Idea where or what arkadia is, but the HF roundtable sounds like a great idea. If there was a way to maintain anonymity until shtf, I think it would be much smarter to have some sort of a network in your area so you don't have to operate alone.
>>
Listen dudes in a WROL situation you have to reestablish community.

-NutN-
>>
>>32584220
A prepper on the other side of the country can't help you much when things get bad. Look into local ham and disaster resources; they're the ones who will be the most relevant in that situation.
>>
>>32583817
Hey Hamniggerfags. I routinely transmit on Ham without a license. Just wanted to let you know.

Stay mad.
>>
>>32585200
we can't legally talk to non-hams, even on our own bands. go fuck with the drive thru at taco bell
>>
File: Existence_Is_Pain.png (123KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
Existence_Is_Pain.png
123KB, 500x269px
>>32585165
>tfw nobody lets you into their SHTF club after seeing the anime girl keychain on your raifu
You fucks will pay for this when the alien zombies come to take our guns.
>>
Protip if trying to use Baofeng as a police scanner, 99% of agencies in the US use trunked frequencies that a Baofeng is not capable of receiving or transmitting on.
>>
>>32583857
>Did I get rused?

No, it's the same people and radios. Some dickhead trademarked Baofeng in the US and started suing retailers, so Baofeng just changed the name to circumvent dickhead while they get the trademark suit resolved.
>>
>>32583904

My group uses FRS 4
>>
>>32585566
Hope that shithead loses a ton of money.

Why is this shit legal?
>>
>>32583817
>Haven't seen one of these
Four good reason, they not weapons.
>>
>>32586962

>C3 isn't weapon-related
>>
File: STT-1-690x364.jpg (202KB, 690x364px) Image search: [Google]
STT-1-690x364.jpg
202KB, 690x364px
>2017
>Not having an encrypted wideband at-the-quick-halt TDMA/FDMA satcom uplink so the Colonel can Skype his dog

Are /k/ommandos even trying anymore?
>>
>>32589207
contribute something of value or let it die
>>
>>32587016
Joking? satcom is heavily controlled. In crisis you cannot be sure you will have access or even know how far it will relay your signals.
>>
>>32589378
https://www.wired.com/2009/04/fleetcom/
Its not as hard as they want you to think. Sats are essentially giant mirrors in the sky. They can null out your area of the world on their receive antennas but only if the bird is equipped with that. You can also deny conventional forces access to it by forcing them to either null a region out of causing the bird to 'flip'. Provided you can get access it is more dependable than the traditional comm net.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.