[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could a pellet gun kill a human? >760 pump master by crosman

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
Could a pellet gun kill a human?
>760 pump master by crosman
>.177 caliber
>495 ft per second
Not saying I'm going to kill someone just wondering just how strong or how big you could go before it can no longer be considered deadly. Also wouldn't mind seeing some recommendations for stronger guns at cheaper prices.
>>
Anything over 400FPS is potentially lethal but you're gonna need some hella good shot placement.
>>
>>32583446
One of those shitty ones just miiiiight with absolute perfect shot placement and the right pellets, but those break-action ones that go 1000 fps+ certainly will.

After I shot a deer with my 308 and cleaned it, I shot the head from 25 yards away with my break action and it went into the brain.
>>
>>32583446
You could just like you could kill an elephant with .22lr
>>
Definitely, but it depends on shot placement. Even a Daisy BB gun could kill a human. Happened in my hometown in the 70s. Some kids were messing around with their BB guns, shooting at each other and all that, and one of them got shot in the eye and died. Other kid freaked out and buried him shallow in the vineyard, then ran home and told his mom what happened. The autopsy found a little tiny BB in his front lobe. This was before lawsuit culture came to our area, so the parents wrote it off as a tragic accident instead of suing the shit out of the other family over it. Everybody in town knows about it, and the kid who accidentally killed him ended up getting super depressed and hanging himself at 17.
>>
>>32583851
Dave?
>>
File: canadian banter..png (19KB, 506x168px) Image search: [Google]
canadian banter..png
19KB, 506x168px
>>32583492
>>32583851
Shot placement is key when dealing with...how should i put it...low energy projectiles. As stated above, there a case when pellets have the potential to neutralize large game. But it's not a guarantee. I've brained squirrels just to watch them bleed out while still breathing. Poor bastard, i didn't know he was alive until a couple minutes after the shot. i still feel bad about it.
>>
>>32583446
Granted, mine is 1000 fps, but my dad shot a deer to get it off our bird feeder and it ended up dying instantly. He shot it in the ear for some reason.
>>
>>32583446
If you catch them somewhere soft and vital- eyeball, carotid artery or jugular vein, the dick. .177 packs a surprising punch for what it is. They also make pellet rifles in .22 for hunting small game like rabbits, although really high-end ones could probably remove Bambi.
>>
>>32584553
I don't know what the kid's name was, just that this happened in a small farm town just south of Fresno in the 70s and that everybody in town knows about the story.
>>
>>32583446
are you niggers retarded?

https://www.google.com/search?q=big+bore+airgun+hunt
>>
>>32583446

yes.
>>
>>32583446
>>.177 caliber
>>495 ft per second
it couldnt even reliably kill a squirrel much less a human
unless shot placement is really good and >>32583851 happens
>>
Heard a story(yeah, okay, but the guy who told it to me is trustworthy) about a man who was shot while walking down the side of the road by someone in a car with a pellet rifle.
Pellet hit him in the back and went into his heart, killed him within minutes.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.