[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

nogunz here looking to buy his first handgun Is a DA/SA or striker

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: swmp9.jpg (27KB, 425x254px) Image search: [Google]
swmp9.jpg
27KB, 425x254px
nogunz here looking to buy his first handgun

Is a DA/SA or striker handgun better for me? I read that striker fired handguns have shittier triggers than DA/SA, but every trigger pull is the same. But a DA/SA carried in cocked and locked would solve that issue, no?
>>
>>32571905
da/sa is harder to learn how to shoot. that said go to a gun store, and if possible rent a cz da/sa, and glock in either full size or compact.
>>
>>32572083
>da/sa is harder to learn how to shoot
nice fucking meme
>>
I prefer DA/SA, but I learned on my dad's police issued 92FS when I was 6. Striker fired ain't bad, but I like having a nice and short single action pull after a solid double action. I prefer guns without safeties, so the long pull on the double action acts as a kind of safety.
>>
>>32572083
>go to a gun store, and if possible rent
this is great advice. it rarely happens for me but it sucks when you get a new gun, go to the range, shoot it, and fall out of love with it.
if you try some out, youll get some preferences very quickly.
>>
>>32572099
for a noguns it would be harder to shoot a da/sa.
its essentially learning two different trigger pulls with the same reset.
>>
>>32571905
>DA/SA carried in cocked and locked would solve that issue, no?

So a CZ 75 then. At that point, you could buy a SAO only gun such as a 1911 or a browning hi power.

Whatever floats your boat. Personally, I'm more of a hammer fired guy.
>>
>>32572250
its really not
a noguns will never use the da since they will never intentionally decock the gun
>>
>>32571905
It's a matter of preference.
If you cock the hammer before the first shot, then all shots will have a consistent trigger pull.

>>32572083
>harder
No it isn't.
Cock the hammer like on any other single action.

>>32572250
>the same reset
uwotm8?
>>
>>32572297
Neither of those two can have 17rd capacity m8
>>
Try both and see which one you like better. I prefer DA/SA.
>>
>>32572352
And my CZ75 has 18 round mags with 1 in the chamber. If I wanted, I could get extensions and hold a few more but I think that if 19 rounds doesn't solve my problem 24 rounds won't either.
>>
File: 20170107_123625.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_123625.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>32571905

SA best A.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.