[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My next gun purchase. Haven't been excited for a new gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0837.jpg (98KB, 576x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0837.jpg
98KB, 576x960px
My next gun purchase. Haven't been excited for a new gun in a long time, but this one I can't wait to get my hands on.
>>
>>32565955
I really hope this gun sells so they can expand their DA line and possibly ressurect the Python. That'd be a fucking dream come true.
>>
>>32565955
>outdated as soon as it gets released
That's impressive
>>
>>32566356
Colt will go out of business before that happens.
>>
>>32566368
A better hope would be that someone fucking competent buys out the Colt name and tries giving a shit about quality and value.
>>
>>32566368
Colt has been around for so long, I doubt they'll completely go out of business. Maybe they'll get bought out, but they won't shut down completely.

>>32566384
I own three Colts that I bought brand new. Quality isn't an issue. They may be a bit pricey, but you definitely get what you pay for. What they need is a line of more economically priced guns so even semi-poorfags can afford one. That way, they can afford to make the nice semiautos, Pythons, and SAAs so people who appreciate them can enjoy them.
>>
File: Hank pet the kitty.gif (53KB, 350x450px) Image search: [Google]
Hank pet the kitty.gif
53KB, 350x450px
>>32565955

Will it measure up to the quality of an 80 year old Colt Police Positive? I'm guessing no.
>>
>>32565955
why the fuck would you buy that over a ruger lcr
>>
>>32567293
Because it's a classically-styled 6 round .38 revolver. It may not be practical, but it is sexy, cool to own and fun to shoot, much like a 1911 is no longer top dog but still desirable.

The LCR is superior as a carry piece, but it's a five shot revolver that looks ugly as hell. It's not a FUN gun. This is.
>>
>>32566356
Im with this! its always puzzled me that Colt could bring back the python and anaconda, but they almost stubbornly don't want to. It doesnt make any sense, the demand is in the market, so it seems like easy money. Out of all the revolvers I've shot, Colts are the nicest. Smith and Wessons are certainly functional, but not 'nice' per say. Ruger does OK single actions and the SP101 (while I'm not fan of it) is a respectable gun. But other revolver manufacturers are shiet.
That being said:
>never fired a Korth
>never fired a Janz
>never fired a Manurhin

>>32566368
This is sadly true, but like I said above; I'd think it'd be easy money- given the demand.
>>
>>32565955
I only wish that the original wood grips would fit
Still going to get it
How much does it usually cost to have wood grips commissioned?
>>
>>32565955
Are these going to be made by Colt, or by US Armament, like the new production (and terribly made) 1903 Pocket Hammerless was?
>>
>>32567414
I want one so bad, but all the used ones are going for $2000+. I just can't justify spending that kind of money. I'd be willing to spend about a grand though. I hope if they bring it back, they don't cut too many corners because then it wouldn't be a Python.
>>
>that font and color combo
>>
>>32567506
>they don't cut too many corners
Anon. Fucking give up.

Colt hasn't made any good decisions in years. YEARS.
If a Python repro is ever made, expect it to have poor fitting, no bluing, cast parts, and an MSRP above what used ones go for, because Colt is actually that fucking retarded.
>>
>>32565955
How much is it?
>>
>>32569054
Kek nice observation
>>
It's 699 msrp but I haven't checked street prices yet
>>
>>32567488
They are made by Colt, and I haven't heard anything or any options for wooden grips
>>
>>32567506
These cobras are going to have a 2-3 lb trigger pull...that is right the with the old ones of yester year
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.