[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would the Witcher style of combat be useful in a real melee battle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: witcherirl.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
witcherirl.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
Would the Witcher style of combat be useful in a real melee battle? Say 3 guys with baseball bat vs. webm related
>>
>>32563306

Sounds pretty gay. What kind of autist is going to open carry a fuckhuge sword?
>>
>>32563306
no

That's dancing, not fighting.
>>
>>32563306
>turning your back to the enemy
>for any reason
Might as well just submit or run, faggot.
>>
>>32563352
>>32563378
You would fight this guy with a baseball bat? Even if there were two more of you?
>>
>>32563306
Some of the stances Geralt uses are legit, but overall his does too many goddamn flips.
>>
File: 1385634927675.jpg (223KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
1385634927675.jpg
223KB, 900x675px
>>32563427
I don't care if he moves like a goddamn prequel trilogy Jedi. There's no power in any of these hits.
In short, yes.
>>
>>32563306
Not even. Too many twirls and rolls to be useful. Rolls are good for switching grips and recovering from deflects, twirls are good for opening your enemy's defense by making them dodge by being unpredictable. Just repeating the same bullshit with a couple slashes in between is a horrible offense, and one precise chop at a vital area (neck, legs, torso) would take out the enemy faster and more efficiently because it requires less effort. This is full offense and no defense, so if your enemies are on all sides of you, you're fucked, and if any of them know how to defend or when to strike in a tiger step offense then you're fucked again. I mean you can use combinations of twirls and rolls in that style to practice, it's definitely a good way of testing your endurance to see how long you can continue it effectively, but not actually useful in melee combat.
>>
>>32563910
This, it's designed to look good but he's not going to be able to finish that weak ass combo unless the enemy isn't fighting back
>>
>>32563306
He get rekt the moment he turns his back on the dudes with the baseball bats. Never expose your back in combat.
>>
>>32563306
well I mean if I had just a bat and some aspie was swinging a big ass sword like that i'd be pretty hesitant to get in there.
then again theres 3 of us and a nice alluminum bat would probably fuck up his momentum/mojo if not his sword
>>
>>32563306
there a reason you dont see shit like this in HEMA/fencing/kendo
>>
>>32563427
If I had choose between "fight this guy with a baseball bat" and "go for a nice walk" I'd pick the walk, because going near someone flailing a sword around is dumb no matter how effective their style is. If it was between this guy and some negro with a pocket knife, I'd pick this guy, and adding in backup is just unfair. Do you think swords would just slice through the bats or something?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.