[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone know where I can get an 'authentic military

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 9

File: 1448859357614.jpg (51KB, 400x598px) Image search: [Google]
1448859357614.jpg
51KB, 400x598px
Does anyone know where I can get an 'authentic military training experience' as a civilian? I'm only currently aware of a company offering week-long course in Israel.
>>
Join the Kurds in Syria.
>>
>>32562761

Watch a travis haley video

You'll be magdumping into a steel plate with an AR from 10 feet away in no time.

Also watch an instructor zero video too, really cool LARPing guy
>>
There is only one authentic military training experience.

It's in the fucking military.
>>
>>32562873
Thought of that. Unfortunately not an option for me due to multiple reasons.

>>32562899
I want an experience with a hands-on approach. I'm also interested in more than just the shooting component.

>>32562912
You know what I mean.
>>
>>32562761
>Be anon
>Want to be the cool guy with soldier's skills
>Too pussy to enlist
>Where and who do I need pay to acquire said skills
Anon pls. Get a former Marine or army buddy and train with them and go to the gym. There you have it.
>>
>>32562954
>Too pussy to enlist
I have a cushy corporate job, so no. I also already workout on a daily basis. Unfortunately, my current social circle is my co-workers, who have zero military experience (or guns for that matter).
>>
>>32562761
Join a legit militia. There should be some former military guys in there. Be wary of fudd militias and ones that charge too much dues.

All those tactical classes advertised online are BS, I work in LE and took a few that were not tactically sound. They just teach you how to do shit that looks cool and drills you could have looked up online and done yourself (film to correct form). Tactical response and stuff like >>32562899. Haley is a marketing gimmick and instructor zero/funker tactical is a karambit shill.

Unless you're willing to go LEO and even then you'll have to put in years and be the best to get the chance to join SWAT and learn legit stuff (and that will focus mainly on buildings, whereas military will focus mainly on outdoors) you're stuck with finding a good militia, which is more difficult than finding a good martial arts place or real gym.

I'm not trolling here either, milsim airsoft is a good route too. Some of those guys are ex mil.
>>
>>32563008
Got money to burn?
Go ahead and go to a dozen or so Vickers Tactical weekend courses.

Compound this is with a quality self-training regiment and you'll be about as good as an average 11B in the NG
>>
>>32562761
Kurdistan.
>>
File: 1469760138741.jpg (174KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
1469760138741.jpg
174KB, 497x732px
>>32562761

> Implying the military doesn't take civilian taught courses. (P.S. "military courses" are a shit. SSSSHHHHHIIIIIIIIT!)
>>
>>32562912
This. Shooting at targets and doing quick tactical reloads are only a sliver of a percent of what mil is about. Plus, no paid instructor is going to wake you up at 5AM just to yell at you.
>>
>>32562761
Why do you even want "authentic military training"?

You do realize military training is extremely limited as it's a doctrine and most of the tactical training is more focused on communicatin with your team instead of pure performance shooting, right?
>>
>>32562761
-Learn how to make your bed
-Learn how to shut the fuck up
-Learn how to clean your firearms
-Learn how to wait

There you go, you learned 75% of what an authentic military training experience would teach you.
>>
>>32563348
>-Learn how to make your bed
I'm thirty, and I still don't have that one down. Oh fuck, just read number two...
>>
texas militia

$1000
>>
>>32563040

This. If you want to actually improve your fighting skills as individual, tactical shooting courses are the thing, while "authentic military experience" in Israel sounds like pro-IDF indoctrination camp for no-Israeli Jews and is unlikely to contain much that is actually useful if you are not interested about basics of parade marching, how to sleep in desert etc. Training basic skills for a soldier takes at least few months - and much of the stuff have nothing to do with shooting.
>>
>>32562761
They can teach you the basics in a basic bitch course. The difference is Infantry live, eat, and breathe that shit.

So you can learn it, but doing it all the time and muscle memory is key. Plus being in shape. Working AND living with the same guys training all the time.

Not saying civilians can't operate. But you're probably going to get ripped off. Better to just maybe make a vet friend that could show you better.

But I'm a silly bastard and you probably don't live in Wisconsin.
>>
File: image.jpg (581KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
581KB, 1920x1200px
>>32562912
This.

You do not pay to get dragged in the mud with your AK while being yelled at for being either slow, stupid or just looking ugly.

You do not pay to get up 05:30 every morning for PT and later on run another 10-20km because your instructor commands you to do so.

You do not pay for having some fucking authentic military training, you earn that by being in the military.

But to answer your question, yes there are several courses in which you learn a lot of the things that are being taught in the military.

> I'm not from the US so I can not speak for their military

Am from the Nordic
>>
>>32562761
i would check out james yeager and tactical response.
>>
Military training trains you to be in the military. Crazy right? They won't be much better than Joe Dickshits without air support, satellites, mortar cover, and the all important supply line.
Figure out YOUR goals. Research how to accomplish them. Train to do those things.
>>
>>32562761
You don't want the authentic military experience unless you are some sort of weird masochist. Just take a haley strategic or vickers tactical course and learn some cool shit.
>>
>>32565919
Think you can find a lot of videos on YouTube about different drills, like moving as a unit, 5/25 drill, qcb, patrol formations and distances etc. Keep in mind tho, if you want SOF-level of QCB training, it'll take weeks to perfect.

If you want tips on different gear, and set ups for different missions, I'd recommend watching GarandThumb.

Also learn care under fire, least basic medical skills like applying a tournique and sealing wounds.
>>
>>32562761
You won't get it without joining a military unit.
The americans have lots of reputable trainers and instructors but that's mostly individual skill sets.

Nobody is going to teach johnny bumfuck small unit tactics, room clearing techniques or movement drills.

Shooting is only one component of military training in a combat unit.
>>
>>32563032
As a militia commander this guy speaks truth.

We are mostly fucking faggots and I do not have the heart to tell them. We have ex-mil but they're POGs and I'm not even military. I deliver fucking pizzas.

I know in any rebellion or in defense of our nation we are better than nothing but all we do is run around in a gravel pit and do exercises I read about. Really it's just a cult built around Americanism.

I drink a lot over the fact I may be misleading them.
>>
>>32566077
>I drink a lot over the fact I may be misleading them.
Sounds like the perfect commander, desu
>>
>>32566077
God this post is gold.
>>
>>32563032
This guy's advice strikes me as legit, can anyone confirm?
>>
>>32563040
>as good as an 11b in the national Guard

So pretty much /k/ already does a better job if you just go through reading the info graphics....
>>
>>32566099
That means a lot.

I want them to have glory in battle but if a real rebellion happened I really just want them to work security for logistics but I know they'd be frothing at the mouth the whole time.

I run hit and run exercises with them, doing ambush defense and offense practice with airshit, FOB set up (digging mini trenches with stick sights and sand bags), and patrol weekends. Is that enough for civies? I'm kind of relying on a defector/loyal officer to be above me and other civie units in a defense/rebel situation.
>>
>>32566157
You're doing fine.
>>
Honestly op, what is your end state/ goal?
Do you want to be an asset in a tactical team? Then you need to go with that team and train as one. The strength of a military is its ability to concentrate and coordinate fires, logistics, and asymmetric warfare. But the most important part is logistics. The best trained unit can't do a thing without supply.

If you want to do cool guy stuff, lone wolf, then you're better off with a tactical shooting class irl and getting on some milsim video game and turning off the mike and seeing how running around alone goes.

If you want to be a team leader find exmil ncos . If you want to lead a platoon find exmil officers.
>>
>>32563348
This
>>
>>32566077
That's where your wrong kiddo
What the hell militia are you in?
They are no joke idiot.
Have you ever watched the discovery channel shows about them? They are not to be toyed with. Freaking arsenals and crazy amounts of training
2/10 bait post but i had to respond to educate the public
Your welcome
>>
>>32566195
Stop pretending to be me!
>>
>>32566213
NEVER
>>
>>32566195
>>32566213
Oh so there are 2 of you now
Its high noon kids
>>
>>32566213
>>32566218
>>32566222
Omg, fucking faggots, stop using my trip
>>
>>32566195
>>32566213
>>32566218
>>32566222
Really?
I wasn't even in this thread and you pricks do this?
Die in a fire, i freaking hate ypu pretenders
Post again and your getting hacked
Do it. I dare you
>>
>>32566255
No im the real slim shady!
>>
>>32566213
>>32566218
>>32566222
>>32566242
>>32566255
>>32566264

what is going on hear
>>
File: 29714[1].jpg (31KB, 576x360px) Image search: [Google]
29714[1].jpg
31KB, 576x360px
>>32562761
You know the answer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNYHd_IeZHU
Visa in Russia - Moscov - Rostov - Donetsk.
>>
>>32563032
>Join what will most likely be an ATF honeypot
Yeah maybe you shouldn't, OP.
>>
File: WP_20151108_12_56_13_Rich.jpg (1MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151108_12_56_13_Rich.jpg
1MB, 1840x3264px
>>32562761
I myself learned a lot of shit as a civilian, and couldn't join the army because reasons. And had to learn that stuff because reasons.

You have to be fit. Prepare yourself healthy meals from the cheapest ingredients, then accidentally burn everything and mix it into a uniform purée and eat that shit. Alternate running and lifting every day.

Go to a range, learn from people there, rent a gun and shoot. Experiment, make mistakes, and if you're not an idiot it should be fine. Complete your knowledge with all the videos you can find on Youtube teaching you about specific aspects, whether they're good or bad, until you can sort it out yourself. Know the weapon you use by heart, learn to take it apart and clean it with your eyes closed. Once you're ready, rent another one.

Then you need to navigate a variety of environments with a weapon, not just stand at a range, you need to function as a team and communicate, and do so against an enemy threat. Paintball comes in handy, find a nice team, build a strong bond, compete again and again, and learn all those skills: being aware of your surroundings, crawling with a weapon in your hands, finding appropriate cover, covering fire, crossfire, flanking, circling obstacles, entering rooms... avoid going off the "competitive" section of paintball which would be too much about paintball and too little about real life situations. Have fun most importantly and don't be scared to experiment.

When it comes to CQC, my recommendation would be a mix of kickboxing (French boxing, Muay Thai, Pencak-Silat...) so you know how to hit, Greco Roman wrestling so you know how to handle an enemy up close, and some "self defense" shit like Krav Maga or Systema, which will teach you a lot of retarded stuff that will never happen, but also a few interesting things, on top of providing plenty sparring partners, and meeting cool guys to train with. Most importantly, find great teachers.
>>
File: WP_20151110_16_32_20_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151110_16_32_20_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>32567384
Then you need to grab a backpack and go hiking alone for two weeks. Preferably under a pourring rain, using cheap surplus everything except shoes, and without any piece of clothing that's actually rainproof. Learn to pack the right stuff and leave the useless stuff at home, pack it light, carry it all day long, make it a point to keep all that stuff dry and clean, keep your uniform clean at any time. Get a Casio with a timer so you alternate 40 minutes of crawling with jumping to the ground and crawling for the next 20 minutes. Always pick the shittiest paths, so if there's a bridge, swim, if there's stairs, climb. Wake up at 6am, pack up in 2 minutes, eat at fixed times in under 20 minutes, set up your tent in under 10 minutes, then build a fort with your shovel. Once every two nights, force yourself to stay awake until 4am. Carry a rifle and a ton of ammo (or weight/size equivalents, I recommend a stick vacuum and bags of sand), and keep it clean at all times. Stay stealthy the entire time, no one should see you, you should leave no trace behind you, and if you run into people, try to scare them without getting spotted.

Repeat that camping experience every weekend until you come to appreciate it and all those things are natural to you. Then it's time to hop on a plane to Hanoi in Vietnam, with a ticket back from Bangkok in Thailand two weeks later, and not enough money for the trip. Insult everyone on your way, pick fights with anyone and anything, and maybe start by stealing a motorbike. The rest of your training will soon kick in.
>>
File: WP_20151119_13_38_12_Pro.jpg (2MB, 3264x1840px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20151119_13_38_12_Pro.jpg
2MB, 3264x1840px
>>32567396
If all ends well you'll have figured out crossing Laos is fucking insane, so you'll have reached Saigon, then from Can Tho picked up the road to the Cambodian border, off to Phnom Penh, then Siam Reap through drug plantations picking fights with armed guards, crossed into Thailand, ideally through the north where they keep fighting across the border and you could see some action and hopefully get abducted, and you should arrive a couple days early in Bangkok to get your cock sucked in Soi Cowboy, though I recommend Nep, and run away without paying just to piss off the mafia. As a reminder, there's no death penalty in Cambodia, so have fun, but there is in Vietnam, Laos and Thailand.

If you're still alive at this point, you could get extra experience from crossing an actual warzone, I'd recommend flying to Kazhakstan, and going on a motorbike ride all the way to Afghanistan through the Wakhan corridor. Shit is fun. But you should already have seen enough shit, know yourself and your limits enough, and have put your skills to the test to see you're capable of some shit. The only things missing from you are discipline, patience and resisting the urge to punch your superior at this point.

Have fun OP.
>>
>>32566139
>No guns neckbeards with high confidence and low knowledge are equal to grunts

Kys.
>>
>>32562761
OP just wants to larp as a soldier
>>
>>32566278
Memes
>>
>>32566033
>SOF-level QCB
>weeks of training

Yeah, no. The courses that actual SOF units do might be weeks but that really relies on those guys having a p r e t t y good grasp of the basics already. And repetition is key, these are the guys that will run the same type of drills every week for weeks and months on end. That's the difference, you can be taught what it entails but don't kid yourself into thinking you will be on the same level as people who do nothing but things like this.

inb4 fanboying over SOF units. I'm active military and I know the circlejerk that can occur. I'm not saying that these guys are some superhumans just that they have a very specific job which they train very hard at. Repeatedly.
>>
>>32568349
Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. Sorry I don't speak very good English. But from the training I had, we would drill on entering rooms marked up with tape for 3 weeks, before we even went on to real rooms/houses and actually incoperate shooting
>>
Actually watch the last 30 seconds of a hickok45 video.
>>
>>32562915
> Can't join Kurds for multiple unnamed reasons
It's probably that huge smelly gash in-between your legs pussy
>>
>>32568669
>It's probably that huge smelly gash in-between your legs pussy
You have to be 18 to post on this site.
>>
>>32568728
I like to live dangerously :)
>>
>>32567447
>implying an 11b in the national Guard can even call himself a grunt

He's not even a pog. He's a civilian every day of the week until that one drill during the weekend where he doesn't even show up, and if they do show up it's only for accountability and don't train dick.

Yeah. I'd have more stock in a dedicated /k/ommando than I would the national guard. A /k/ommando can at least shoot straight.

I conducted a RIP with a NG infantry unit in country. They're barely a step up from the foreign nationals we were training. It was pathetic.
>>
>>32567384
>>32567396
>>32567423
Care to tell us about your trip through the middle east?
>>
File: IMG_9906.jpg (37KB, 355x460px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9906.jpg
37KB, 355x460px
If you wanna learn how to use that rifle, come on out to Valor Ridge. And remember, the lessons we learn are written on the tombstones of others.
>>
>>32568669
Because he doesnt want to die being the "good guys" in the middle east overthrowing stable governments of the same countries which happen to own land that israel wants to have so they can have greater israel as promised in the torah?
>>
>>32562761
Technically, the national guard is civilian.
>>
>>32566033
>if you want SOF-level of QCB training, it'll take weeks to perfect.
> weeks to perfect
> weeks

try hours a day for YEARS

you can learn the 4 punches and 3 defensive movements of boxing in 5 minutes, doesnt mean you'll be any good at boxing.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.