[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.stripes.com/news/europe/ 1st-wave-of-army-tanks-a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

File: 1015330890.jpg (119KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
1015330890.jpg
119KB, 1000x541px
http://www.stripes.com/news/europe/1st-wave-of-army-tanks-armor-arrives-in-germany-1.447684
>>
I wish we'd get off our asses already and reconstitute a few divisions to station abroad.

I'm tired of all this limp-wristed sequester bullshit.
>>
>>32561064
I know, even one division would most likely make the Russians think twice and less like idiots.
>>
>>32561194
>>32561237
the job is for them to die in numbers when / if russia invades

there isn't an actual plausible threat that requires entire divisions deployed
the soviet union doesn't border western Germany anymore
>>
File: undedable abrahams.jpg (76KB, 966x712px) Image search: [Google]
undedable abrahams.jpg
76KB, 966x712px
>>32561064
>>
A totally wasteful move.

China is only country attempting to rise up and become a military superpower to match the US.

Russia is a paper tiger(bear) and isn't anywhere near as strong as they were at the peak of the cold war.
>>
>>32561265
But they do border the Baltic states, who the Russian have said they rightfully own.
>>
>>32561326
A brigade isn't there to defend the country
it's there so if russia invades the US will immediately be involved and the US will likely have to declare war on russia

russia knows this, and wont attack directly when these forces are deployed

forced deployed during the cold war, were actually there to fill a large portion of the front line in CENTAG
>>
>>32561296
The salt begins!
>>
>>32561326

You know...they don't need to invade the Baltics themselves to get them. They can just create a land-corridor to Kalingrad and leave all the forces in the Baltic isolated without possibility for reinforcements. The bigger the garrison, the worse it becomes.
>>
Is this going to be political-motivated strategy of forward defence again? Germany was very lucky that the Cold War never became a hot one without even beginning to talk about nukes.
>>
>>32561418
>Germany was very lucky that the Cold War never became a hot one
US too.
>>
>>32561377
i highly doubt the US and the rest of NATO would just let that slide, especially the Poles.

>>32561346
seems like a better reason to permanently deploy these units on a rotational basis then.
>>
>it's 2018
>eastern europe is ripe with mudslime turmoil
>putin playing trump like a damn fiddle
>russian-armed partisans blowing up US checkpoints left right and center
>first pictures of dead M1s coming in
>ameriboos will still claim them to be monkey models

Just you wait
>>
>>32561265
Not just Russia, I want a buffer in case of emergency. The last thing I want is another Korea where we're scrambling for men and material. Besides, I kinda want to knock of Duerte.
>>
File: b60.jpg (50KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b60.jpg
50KB, 680x680px
>>32561470
>>
>>32561443
well i assume a full scale nuclear war would hardly make any difference in quality of life for ruskies
>>
>>32561467

Then rearm the Poles, not the Baltics.
>>
>>32561513
we are, they're looking to acquire about 24 Apaches in the coming years IIRC and no reason we can't do both.
>>
>>32561296
>abrahams
>>
>>32561064
Good. They can tank aside Bong Challenger 2's and Leopards now. Good job finally getting into the rotation, America.
>>
File: Leopard 2 British Challenger.png (334KB, 3000x1997px) Image search: [Google]
Leopard 2 British Challenger.png
334KB, 3000x1997px
>>32561821
forgot pic
>>
>>32561841
The Challys are being removed and taken back to the UK
>>
File: ItsAnotherNakba.png (410KB, 543x352px) Image search: [Google]
ItsAnotherNakba.png
410KB, 543x352px
>>32561296
>>
>>32561821
America has had an Armor BCT in Poland for around a year now.

Pic related, a parade rehearsal last year.
>>
>>32562134
Makes sense. Having a battalion of tanks in Germany for well over 3-5 years is stretching it a little. Just needs the few dozen in Estonia to come back too.
>>
>>32561470
More like T-90s start to throw turrets all over the place while vatniks demand the serial numbers of every individual tank.
>>
>>32562367
Not true. An ABCT was not present other than for a temporary exercise, and even that wasn't in full Brigade strength, IIRC.
>>
>>32561601

Except the Baltic ones are lamps to the slaughters due the geography.
>>
>>32561326
Who the fuck needs Baltic states now? EU ruined their economy. Russia does nothing to these shitholes even when they discriminate Russian-speaking population. The only reason to move US tanks to Baltics is to pose more threat to Kaliningrad. Someone needs more stress in Europe, eh? Talking about aggressors...
>>
>>32564619
It never left.
>>
>>32564637
>>32564681
spot the vatnik
>>
HOL UP HOL UP

Were back to green tanks now?

This is the biggest news ever in 10 years i think. Whens the last time anyone ever saw a green tank/

Anyone ever seen a green mrap?
>>
File: exercise_gap.jpg (94KB, 642x889px) Image search: [Google]
exercise_gap.jpg
94KB, 642x889px
>>32564681

If the US was really gearing up for the invasion of Kaliningrad you'd see dozens of armored divisions in Poland, massive naval drills in Baltic sea, amphibious landings in Gotland and grand scale combined arms wargames all along NATO eastern flank. What you see instead is total degradation of NATO as military organisation and a meager PR show for local aboriginals aimed to justify US military presence in Europe. People in Pentagon are not dragon dildo mouthbreathers from /k/, they know power balance in the region too well to suggest shooting war with Russia on its own turf.
>>
>>32561303
This

We should put them at the borders of China
>>
>>32564855
Most of these are pre-Crimea exercises though.

Not to mention your average NATO exercise is a few Battalions coming together, not entire divisions.
>>
>>32564681
Their economies are in ruins yet they are still richer than Russia and local Russians frothing at the mouth how great Russia and Putin is don't even think about going back to their motherland (or spiritual motherland for some).
>>
>>32564716
no no no non onono nononionon
\
this was shopped
sage
>>
>>32564681
>Russia does nothing
Oh really, I bet you even believe the official Russian story
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eston_Kohver
Russians who live in these states are not there naturally, they were brought there by Soviet decree in hopes to make areas less homogeneous and therefore easier to control, doubly so if a large minority was Russian, it was an official policy for years. Also, if you want to talk about aggression, then try not moving ballistic missiles that have the ability to mount nukes on them.

>>32565237
No the majority of them are after Crimea, it started March of 2014, get your head out of your ass.
>>
>>32566119
Crimea was Feb.14, and all of those exercises were already organized prior to that. That'd why you have the sudden junp with Trident Juncture.
>>
File: REEEEEEEEEEEE TANKS.jpg (71KB, 1024x696px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEEEEEE TANKS.jpg
71KB, 1024x696px
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.