[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would be the standard loadout/that PMCs or Military branches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: SFtacomaSmall.jpg (38KB, 599x398px) Image search: [Google]
SFtacomaSmall.jpg
38KB, 599x398px
What would be the standard loadout/that PMCs or Military branches would give the Toyota tacoma to make it battle ready? I'm thinking Radio gear, First aid, Fire extinguisher, emergency rations and munitions. Am I missing anything else?
>>
>>32560828
Pioneer Kit, Towbar/strap
>>
Maybe a back up M16 or four?
>>
Run-flat tyres, enhanced suspension, possibly add Kevlar panels
>>
>>32560828
spare tire, motor oil, tranny fluid, jack
>>
>>32560828
Why would they have Toyota Tacomas? Why wouldn't they just get vehicles in country?
>>
>>32563105
Because Tacomas have been used by PMCs and everyone else, theyre ultra reliable
>>
>>32563257
Tacomas are asstrash. I really can't think of why you'd ship a Tacoma from North America to a place where you can't avoid seeing a Hilux, Triton, or Navara .
>>
>>32563105
It's cheaper and more effective to buy Tacos, retrofit them over here, and ship them to he sandbox, than it is to buy HiLuxes and do the mods over there.
>>
>>32563281
I don't see how that's cheaper or 'more effective'. What does more effective mean? How is it cheaper to ship a vehicle to wherever instead of buying it there considering a poverty spec pickup in ROW will be about the same price or less than a poverty spec Tacoma?
>>
>>32563298
>What does more effective mean?
Automatic transmission

Can't buy a hilux with one and any land cruiser with one is well out of price range
>>
>>32563298
Who's saying they're doing poverty spec trucks? Why wouldn't they get one with TRD suspension and lockers? It's more effective because they have access to better facilities to do the retrofits, and more time for testing.
>>
File: space ghost coffee wtf.jpg (29KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
space ghost coffee wtf.jpg
29KB, 500x369px
>>32563096
>spare tire, motor oil, tranny fluid, jack
>tranny fluid

OP said PMC or Mil loadout. Not K meetup.
>>
>>32563331
>Why wouldn't they get one with TRD suspension and lockers?
Because that shit is expensive and if they're going to be "modifying" the vehicle, why not do lockers, regearing and throw some old man emu shocks under there?

They aren't buying a TRD pro 4x4. They'll get one with the four banger motor, and 4x4 and any thing else like lockers they'll get done on their own time

Shit you don't even need a locker. Just weld those spiders together.
>>
>>32563316
>Can't buy a hilux with one
Yes you can, you fucking idiot. Besides, what's the matter? PMC soldier can't shift a transmission?
>>
>>32563331
>Who's saying they're doing poverty spec trucks?
Why wouldn't you? You're in a war zone, why do you need fancy shit? The only PMC outfit I ever saw rolled around in a completely stock poverty spec Pajero (a good choice, I might add).
>>32563363
>Just weld those spiders together.
No, that's retarded. You can get a poverty spec truck with 4WD and the rear e-locker, those options aren't very expensive. Why they need a locker, I don't know, but they can.
>>
>>32560828
Upgraded, engine, exhaust, filters, suspension, shock, springs. Armor the fuel tank, add armor plates, install run flats, bull bar, winch, and a new comms package. Throw a belt fed M240 with mounting on the back
>>
>>32563363
>>32563331
Basically, why pay for all the factory options which come out to a lot more than the parts and some guy with half a brain, youtube, google and the right tools.

That is if they even want to spend money on it.

>>32563373
Like the land cruiser, any hilux in a local market with an automatic will be out of range and stick out from the rest of the other beater trucks.

>>32563405
>No, that's retarded
It is, but it works. And it's cheap to do.
>>
>>32563417
so basically send it to TAC?

it's where we send our stealth courier vehicles for outfitting, they'll stop everything short of 50 cal and explosives, but we operate domestically, so that's not really a concern.
>>
>>32563430
>any hilux in a local market with an automatic will be out of range and stick out from the rest of the other beater trucks.
Out of range? It can't be that expensive to option an automatic.
> stick out from the rest of the other beater trucks.
And a vehicle not sold in the country that has an automatic is less conspicuous?
>>
>>32563373
>Besides, what's the matter? PMC soldier can't shift a transmission?
Try doing it while taking accurate RPG and PKM fire and then talk.

In 99% of tactical driving situations driving manual is of no benefit, all it does is require more attention that the driver could use for other things.
>>
>>32563510
>Try doing it while taking accurate RPG and PKM fire and then talk.
If you are taking RPGs in a fucking pickup you got problems bigger than a transmission. You realize it's not something you have to really actively think about when you have practice, right?
>In 99% of tactical driving situations driving manual is of no benefit
Sure, but it's not nearly enough of a detriment to bother shipping cars all the way to another country in the event you can't buy one with an automatic there. Which you can absolutely do. And if you wanted to be inconspicuous why wouldn't you drive a manual absolute bargain basement model like every dirt farmer there?
>>
>>32563589
>If you are taking RPGs in a fucking pickup you got problems bigger than a transmission.
Yes, you do. That's why you don't want to complicate your problems by having to mess around with gears while hearing 7.62x54r crack over your head. Just look at what happened with James "ditch-bitch" Yeager.

>You realize it's not something you have to really actively think about when you have practice, right?
Yes, but a surprising number of mil guys have no manual transmission driving experience. HMMWVs are autos. No point wasting a bunch of valuable training time making stick second nature when you can just buy an automatic.

>And if you wanted to be inconspicuous why wouldn't you drive a manual absolute bargain basement model like every dirt farmer there?
It's not like you're trying to pass a detailed search, it's just looking reasonably inconspicuous at distance. At the ranges we're talking about nobody can tell if it's a manual bargain basement truck or not.
>>
>>32563663
So then why are you whining about buying automatic Hiluxes?

Come on man, try harder to explain this bullshit.
>>
>>32563342
Man, blowing a tranny in the middle of the desert with a bunch of Taliban watching you is not something you'd want. You need to keep some extra lube around or you'll all be hurting.
>>
>>32563689
I'm not that other guy, retard. If you want a truck that will no shit pass for local under detailed inspection you have no choice but to buy local. If you're rolling around with a fucking M240 mounted on the back then it's not a big deal anymore cause everyone can fucking see your gun.
>>
>>32563373
Buck angel is triggered
>>
>>32563710
So then what is your argument, you fucking moron?
>>
>>32563751
The point being that it's cheaper and better to buy a truck in America and have all the gun mounts, uparmor kits, engine upgrades, run flats, commo integration, etc done here, rather than locally procure a truck and then try and find some fucking 'ghani mechanics to do some shit they aren't qualified to do and are liable to fuck up.
>>
>>32563794
Why the fuck don't you have the military or PMC mechanics do it?

How much uparmoring is done to these things? I can't imagine much, if any.

Engine upgrades? What engine upgrades? Why are you messing with the reliability of a machine that you are putting into a warzone?

None of the other shit is even remotely difficult to install, could easily be done by the soldiers or contractors themselves if you give them a book and a small tool kit.

There is literally no way it is cheaper and no way it is better.
>>
>>32563824
>I don't know shit but I'm gonna argue the point to death

>Why the fuck don't you have the military or PMC mechanics do it?
You don't own the military mechanics if you work for a PMC, they have their own chain of command so you can't count on anything from them. Plus they are trained to maintain .mil vehicles not to put armor and wire antennas on your fucking Taco.

PMCs are cheap and like to hire people from contract to contract, it's cheaper to send trucks out to a company that specializes in these mods rather than have full time mechanics doing these upgrades, especially considering that if you lose a contract you're still stuck paying these guys for work you don't need anymore.

>How much uparmoring is done to these things? I can't imagine much, if any.
It's not uncommon to armor vehicles to stop anything from 7.62x39 API(BZ) up to NIJ IV levels of protection. If you're rolling heavy then NIJ IV or special threat 7.62x54r is the way to go.

>Engine upgrades? What engine upgrades? Why are you messing with the reliability of machine that you are putting into a warzone?
When you add a bunch of weight to a truck (armor is heavy, kids) it doesn't perform the way it did before, hence upgrades. Generally you need some suspension work as well.

>None of the other shit is even remotely difficult to install, could easily be done by the soldiers or contractors themselves if you give them a book and a small tool kit.
Why would you waste their time working on fucking trucks? They need to be doing their pre-deployment work-up and you want them to play mechanic?

Anyways installing gun mounts and commo stuff is not that fucking easy. Plus commo stuff is zero-defect type shit, if you fuck it up people can easily get killed over your mistake.

>There is literally no way it is cheaper and no way it is better.
You clearly have no personal experience and haven't even bothered to try looking at the numbers, so where are you getting this?
>>
>>32563959
i have done my research and you are retard
>>
>>32564261
OK good rebuttal friendo
>>
>>32560828
same gear the K30 had.
>>
>>32563510
>t. james yeager
>>
File: 20170107_080456-1.jpg (2MB, 2554x1958px) Image search: [Google]
20170107_080456-1.jpg
2MB, 2554x1958px
Sorry, it's just a Ford
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.