[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is the Ruger PC-9. Apparently it's fairly rare (produced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: ruger_pc9-1.jpg (10KB, 650x158px) Image search: [Google]
ruger_pc9-1.jpg
10KB, 650x158px
This is the Ruger PC-9. Apparently it's fairly rare (produced 1996-2006), and I can pick one up for 750 dollars. I've posted a couple thread before about /noguns/ and I'm still trying to decide. This looks like a great gun that I'll want to shoot for the rest of my life. Anyone have experience with this gun? I'm still looking for a home defense/fun option.
>>
Look at the marlin camp 9 also
>>
>>32557981
Depends on what you want. For that price you can get a Novem, sub2k ar9, and Uzi. All of which shoot 9mm. What do you want from your pcc
>>
750 is too much
look for a Marlin Camp 9
for 750, you can get a decent AR-15
>>
>>32557981
>>32559052
If you can get one in good shape for $750, I'd say go for it. It's rare to find them under $1000 these days so it's a smart investment on that part. The Camp 9 is just as good (and superior since it uses easier to find and cheaper Beretta 92 mags). You can also get a Sub2K (if you can find one) for about $550. Overall they are good guns but just weren't popular back in their day. I'd go for it.
>>
>>32557981

PL-9 design concept will be released today, you should see it before spending x5 the money for a rifle that isn't as tacticool.
>>
>>32559097
BASED PLG FAGGOT

I was just about to post on your behalf. Pls release it soon, I'm hyped af.
>>
I met a guy at my old local range who was shooting one. Apparently he got it for free, although in pieces so he had to put it back together himself and was test firing it for the first time that day. Fun gun, but I can't comment anything beyond that since my only experience was just that one time.

For 750, I'd look at something more modern that actually has aftermarket and support though, unless you want it as a collector piece as well.
>>
>>32559117
>>32559097
Nobody wants to wait for your fucking pipe bomb, go shit post elsewhere.
>>
>>32559080
S&W 59 series mags
not 92 mags
still easy to find, and Mec-Gar makes 20 rounders
>>
I'm a huge sucker for pistol caliber carbines, and the PC-9 is a particularly attractive example, and I want one.

However, at 750, you could buy, a VEPR or a decent AR, or if you really have your heart set on a 9mm carbine, you're just a few dollars short of a brand new Spaghetti CX4 storm, which is honestly probably better quality all around than the ruger, and is still in production so it won't be hard to find spares or accessories. Also it takes 92F magazines, which are fairly common, and when you decide to get a handgun, you could get a 92 and share the same magazines. Much easier to find than a ruger P-series and it's magazines.

Can't say I like the CX storm's aesthetics though.

>>32559097
kek
>>
>>32559232

It's kind of cool as a collector's piece though, and I believe these are known to be 'over engineered' because they were originally intended for law enforcement. Since this model won't be produced any more, the value can't decrease either, right?
>>
>>32559276

Yeah, it's not a bad deal. Wish they still made them.
>>
>>32559276
with the market flooded with PCC's now i wouldn't count on it being a big investment gun
>>
I have one. it's a blast. get mec gar 20 rounders.
>>
File: Ruger PC40 .jpg (1MB, 2048x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger PC40 .jpg
1MB, 2048x1015px
>>32557981
Ruger made it for the Police market as a Patrol Rifle that took the same magazines as their Duty Handgun. Some of them were modified to take Glock Magazines instead of Ruger. They were made in 9mm and .40, and I think .45. A small local PD where I live still has some. Fun Gun...
>>
File: Ruger PC40.jpg (274KB, 900x508px) Image search: [Google]
Ruger PC40.jpg
274KB, 900x508px
>>
>>32560478
Ruger only made PCs in 9mm and .40 S&W
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.