[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I only recently noticed this, but why do european militaries

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 13

I only recently noticed this, but why do european militaries lack the "boot camp" environment for new recruits?
This german series follows new navy recruits through basic training, and it looks like there are no drill instructors yelling at them or anything.

https://youtu.be/KCSIHPk1NaM

Why is this?
>>
>>32555890
Because it isn't really necessary
>>
Check out Finland, England, Russia, and Denmark
>>
i'd imagine there are but just dont want to show it on camera
>>
>>32555890
Because Europeans are mostly civilized people. And constription-based militaries actually result in better average quality because not only the lower-class serves, but also middle and upper class people.

It's only the Americans who are such poor subhumans who need the whip to get them into shape.
>>
>>32555890

European modern military traditions call for independent soldiers rather than brain-washed cannon-fodder

The next big war will show if such traditions are effective when it comes to morale and ability
>>
>>32555904
Finland doesn't have it and it's seen as unnecessary. If you can argue for its uses and provide evidence for its efficiency, then please go ahead.
>>
These shows are always adverts to join. How could they get recruits if all it shows is them getting shouted at because it's good TV
>>
>>32555904
Really should have said germany, not europe.
>>
>>32555890
Its because the old sergeants and officers of the NVA are now getting pensioned. Further, as far as i remember, due to it being a job nowadays, people cant get "attacked" by ther NCO's
>>
>>32555911

Conscript armies have historically been of far inferior quality to warrior-caste/professional armies. Also, in the modern U.S. Military, the middle and upper economic classes are actually statistically over-represented.

Your /pol/ opinions are cute, though.
>>
>>32555969
Not the former anon, but sadly sometimes it comes down to quantity > quality.
>>
>>32555976

Sometimes, but there are also many instances of the opposite being true. I don't disagree with you, but the anon I replied to had two different myths in his post.
>>
>>32555976
yeah, good thing we have both
>>
Look at how Marines act and tell me that boot camp atmosphere is a good thing
>>
>>32555969
>Also, in the modern U.S. Military, the middle and upper economic classes are actually statistically over-represented.
I imagine most of those would be POG
>>
>>32555890
They do get rough sometimes but it's mostly because they want professional and collected individuals as soldiers.
>>
>>32556015

Combat arms are highly over-represented by whites. Do you even military?
>>
>>32556015
Nope, dead opposite actually.

The poor hood shits treat the services like a trade school. The better off white shits treat it like adventure camp.
>>
>>32555925
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUcaM_0ztbM
>>
>>32555908
There isn't and there's no need to emulate 18th century line combat disciplinary methods in training for modern total wars that may not even occur in decades. What actual benefits does blindly shouting at your recruits offer? How does it enhance their training? How does it enhance their discipline or morale? Are they tough guys after listening to a grown man scream his voice out in their faces? Does it prepare them for their first firefight and first casualties?

>>32555969
>historically
Historically we haven't been fighting modern wars and historically conscript armies have performed just as well, given the correct training and motivation.
Just because the lord took Éadric at spearpoint and made him stand in a line against enemy arrows and cavalry against his will, making him rout, doesn't mean that modern conscript militaries aren't capable.
>>
>>32556029
Wouldn't you want to strip recruits of their individuality?
Is this not the goal?
>>
>>32556040

It ensures that they don't break under that kind of stress. If you can't handle being screamed at for 8 weeks, how could anyone trust you to handle yourself psychologically in combat?

Also, why are you so concerned with the feelings of recruits? Why are you a sensitive euro faggot?
>>
>>32556039
That's not what OP is talking about though. He's talking about the whole drill sergeants screaming in your face because that's what they do in the US of A. That's just some obstacle course with some ridiculous "limit" talk, as if short term excercise on an obstacle course actually held any difficulty beyond what your body simply can take.
>>
>>32555896
This. Also just because they don't shout doesn't mean they don't have all kinds of ways of enforcing discipline or punishing people for doing stupid shit.

In the Canadian Forces they usually make you do pushups and other physical exercise. Actually they usually make everyone do it, because they try to emphasize teamwork.

>>32556037
>treat it like adventure camp
I wouldn't generally consider that a good thing.
>>
>>32556040
I've heard it said that constant yelling simulates "fog of war" and prepares recruits to operate under stressful, loud and chaotic circumstances
>>
>>32556065

>I wouldn't generally consider that a good thing.

The honest truth is that it takes that kind of person to do the job. It's just an impolite thing to say "I fucking loved how exciting being at war was", or, "did you see that fucking guy's head come apart?" so everyone covers it up with "freedom ain't free".
>>
>>32556059
>It ensures that they don't break under that kind of stress. If you can't handle being screamed at for 8 weeks
>stress
Lol. Are people actually stressed out by the notion? The drill sgt. screaming at your face over nothing? Are you a child? A woman? What exactly is there about it that is stressful? What happens when someone actually fucks up? Do they just scream even louder, or just PT the poor bastard, like that had any effect.
> feelings
I'm concerned about the claimed advantages of this. What benefits does the shouting offer to the troops' training? Can you give me some actual examples why this ridiculous bullshit is to continue in the military?

>>32556067
There is nothing stressful or chaotic about a drill sgt. shouting at you on a daily basis. It's just loud and annoying.
>>
>>32556089
Perhaps, and it's not like we don't have people join the CF for the same reasons sometimes. But I generally see it as the sort of 'frat boy' mentality that doesn't really contribute to running a disciplined and orderly military force.
>>
>>32555924
>>32556040
Yeah. It's called stress. If you haven't felt stress before or been pushed beyond your limits then on the battlefield is a pretty shit place to experience it for the first time.

Also, look at pride, esprit de corps of other nations. The ones that got beat to graduate feel more accomplishment and belonging.

>yeah, there's no actual study to prove it and only muh feels and anecdotal evidence.

Similarly, show me the effectiveness of that method of training? Boot camp style training has proven to lead to the most efficient and lethal military in the history of the world.
>>
>>32555890
Because Europeans don't want their feelings hurt. Buncha pussies
>>
>>32555976

Sure, but it is a balance. The USA has the most powerful combination of; quantity, quality, and deployability in the world.

Both China and Russia agree, and have rebalanced their forces toward quality.
>>
>>32556098
>confirmed for never went to boot camp

It's cool. I'm sure you tried to join, but got medically disqualified for asthma.
>>
>>32556114
>Yeah. It's called stress
Which is not received in any notable amounts by a man putting on a show in front of you like an actor. It's the kind of "hey, it's like in the movies" feeling that just makes you smile, except you don't because extra PT blows, so you're just stuck there trying to keep a neutral face and it ends up not having an effect on anything.
>If you haven't felt stress before or been pushed beyond your limits then on the battlefield is a pretty shit place to experience it for the first time.
As I said, getting shouted at does no such thing.
>The ones that got beat to graduate feel more accomplishment and belonging.
Yeah and having someone shout at your face is not "getting beat". What you're talking about here is actual challenges that are overcome as a unit. Long marches, shitty excercises, so called beret marches and so forth that are especially designed to challenge the participants and build unity.

>Boot camp style training has proven
Go ahead and provide proofs then. Oh what, you can't?

>>32556129
I'm not American. I got shouted at in the FDF, yet I felt absolutely nothing at it, because I hadn't actually fucked up or failed, so I was just impressed by the act that was being put on.
>>
>>32556098

>Can you give me some actual examples why this ridiculous bullshit is to continue in the military?

Yes, it weeds out weak people and people with overwhelming anxiety, depression, and panic disorders before they enter the technical training pipeline, go to a unit, and become a burden downrange.

>loud and annoying

Try it. Really, try it.

>>32556109

It does create discipline problems, especially when off-duty, but at least you get very aggressive motherfuckers.
>>
>>32556129
Boot camp is 90% how to fold underwear, march in a straight line, and not kill yourself with your own weapon. Getting screamed at for fucking up your bunk is literally nothing.
>>
>>32556171

Attention to detail under stress, it's a great building block.
>>
>>32555969
>Also, in the modern U.S. Military, the middle and upper economic classes are actually statistically over-represented.

And which is why the US Military has such a Gang and Drug problem, unheard of ANY European Conscript military?

American human resources are trash. American "middle class" are just poor as poor as street niggers without their mortgages and credit-cards.
>>
>>32556037
>The poor hood shits treat the services like a trade school. The better off white shits treat it like adventure camp.

So, you now claim that Mexicans are whites?
>>
>>32556191

Being American comes with being reckless, it's part of our culture. We are like that as a military because we are like that as a country. That doesn't mean those gang members don't slaughter jihadis all day every day.
>>
File: 1479766929887.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1479766929887.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32556167
>it weeds out weak people and people with overwhelming anxiety, depression, and panic disorders before they enter the technical training pipeline
Yeah, we've got this thing called the draft for that where those failures are weeded out and are put into service capability categories. If you're mentally unfit, this is as far as you'll almost certainly get, unless you absolutely, specifically still want to serve and can convince a staff officer, the military doctor and a civil servant of your county or city.
>Try it. Really, try it.
I have, it's loud and annoying and provides no actual stress that would benefit my training. What stress I received during my training was during excercises innawoods both when first receiving responsibility and later when shit goes wrong and Murphy's law rears its ugly head.
>>
File: 43564574536426.jpg (107KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
43564574536426.jpg
107KB, 600x450px
Modern European soldiers wouldnt do pic related. Because they are civilized and werent brutalized during training.

Americans, on the other hand, would, as they are still stuck in the 19th century mindset-wise.
>>
>>32556184
Right, except it's not really stressful. PT is stressful. Watching everyone else PT because you fucked up is stressful.

Getting yelled at? Not stressful. They even encourage thousand yard stare so you can tune out.
>>
>>32556209

>mentally unfit

You don't fully know if someone has a disorder like that until you put them in a stressful situation, sitting them down with a psychiatrist isn't going to vet them properly. We use extreme vetting here in the you-ess-of-ay.

>I did a field exercise

Subject matter expert right here.
>>
>>32555969
>Conscript armies have historically been of far inferior quality to warrior-caste/professional armies.
Revolutionary France circa 1792 would like to have a word with your ass.
>>
>>32556226

The thousand yard stare is learning how to tune out stress and distracting external stimuli.
>>
>>32556209
>loud and annoying

That's literally stress. It's worthwhile that you not fuck up again, otherwise you'll have to be annoyed again.
>>
>>32556229

>one example

guess I was wrong, sorry guys
>>
>>32556240
>loud and annoying
>stress

wat
>>
>>32556228
>Subject matter expert right here.
Yeah, I got yelled at and wasn't stressed out. Are Americans all nancy boys or something? What kind of man gets stressed out by being shouted at?

>>32556240
>That's literally stress
No it's fucking not, you retard. Have you ever felt stress in your life?
>>
>>32556221

Yeah, they'd steer clear of the enemy and let them commit genocide, like a civilized army.
>>
>>32556241
>one example
The very first modern conscription army actually.
Which is a model that pretty much proved itself until the 70's.
How many examples of a wholly professional army beating a conscript army that doesn't come from some third world shithole can you find?
>>
>>32556248
If someone is being loud and annoying, you probably tell them to fuck off or you leave. You can't do that in boot camp, so the only way to stop the loud and annoying is to stop fucking up.
>>
>>32556278
Probably can't find one, because any full-scale modern war will turn into total war and thus requires conscription. The goddamn concept of total war was born when the Frogs could happily conscript and arm their entire population for the war effort since they weren't being held underfoot by their monarchist overlords and didn't have to fear a revolution.
>>
>>32556250
You're confusing stress with anxiety. It's a confusing language I know, but anxiety is only a small subset of stress. Think if stress as anything you don't want in life. It goes against what you want and you have to adapt and cope with it or remove it.
>>
>>32555969
>Conscript armies have historically been of far inferior quality to warrior-caste/professional armies.

What part of history exactly?
Both world wars were fought by mostly conscript armies. Napoleons conscript army BTFOd all of europe.

Big wars are a meat grinder. Then troop quality is less important that the ability to mobilize large portions of the population
>>
>>32556293
You're the one that is wrong here. What you are talking about is not stress, it's an annoyance or a bother, but not stress. An actual stress reaction is one that's received from a perceived threat or danger, which at its highest culminates in the fight or flight response, which is what occurs in combat.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acute_stress_reaction
>>
>>32556314

>acute stress reaction

No, he's not. He's talking about generalized stress that accumulates from weeks of being treated like dog shit.
>>
>>32556323
Which is known as chronic stress, which is nothing else than a long term stress reaction. It's still the exact same stress and you have to be an insecure faggot, or a massive egoistic cunt with daddy issues to receive any notable stress form being shouted at. Notable being levels that would actually benefit and prepare you for combat.
>>
>>32556221
>Modern European soldiers wouldnt do pic related
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=camp+breadbasket
>>
>>32556114
>Boot camp style training has proven to lead to the most efficient and lethal military in the history of the world.
Uhm, no. Basically every other Western nation doesn't do that shit, and they all achieve equal or better levels of training and discipline in their soldiery.

>Also, look at pride, esprit de corps of other nations. The ones that got beat to graduate feel more accomplishment and belonging.
pic related
>>
>>32556349
I am sorry, but Anglos aren't Europeans.
>>
>>32556341
If something is annoying do you stop it? If it's not really annoying you wouldn't do anything. So by nature of being loud and annoying it compels you to stop the source. That is literally a stressor.
>>
>>32556363
It's on the level of mosquitos buzzing around my head in great number, only there's a reason to tolerate the shouting, but not the mosquitoes.
As I said, you have to be a weak fucking faggot to receive any actual stress from being shouted at in a military setting where you are voluntarily. Going by what this thread is telling me, I'm starting to think American men and boys are complete sissies who have to be built from the ground up to stand even the slightest amount of stress. Surely I'm misunderstanding something here.
>>
>>32556228
>extreme vetting
Not sure if bait or just idiot.
>>
>>32556221
>Americans, on the other hand, would, as they are still stuck in the 19th century mindset-wise.

Seeing all the rapes and murders not only in the war-zones the US is involved in, but also in peaceful parts like on Okinawa, I really wonder why the Americans do not have a Commissariat to deal with discipline problems. Because that's the only way to keep an army of soldiers that have a civilizational-standard of peasant-rabbles in line.
>>
>>32556046
Not really. Speaking from my experience in training recruits for the Swedish Armed Forces the goal is to get them to function in a group as well as to become better soldiers of course. But that can be achieved just as well without overdoing things. Breaking them down and building them back up again is just so much bullshit. There is no need to break people, start with what you've got and improve on it instead.
>>
>>32556403
Well, you kind of do have to break them down when you've got all those niggers and slack-jawed jokels joining up US military, since if you tried to improve them from where they are, you'd hardly reach average.
>>
>>32556389
Not all, but certainly some- as can be said of anywhere. We just assume nothing and treat everyone like 12 year old. If it doesn't bother you- cool, you get 12 weeks of paid vacation because you're a strong and well put together guy. Those who aren't get washed out or learn to toughen up.
>>
New question:
Why does the bundeswehr not train with live ammo?
They only do dry fires and simulations, why?
>>
>>32556354
>Equal or better
lol
>>
>>32556424
Loud noises cause stress and they can't handle it.

Oy vey ammo is expensive!

Socialized medicine is already overburdened and they don't want to cover hearing loss claims.

When you shoot your enemy, they win.

Take your pick.
>>
>>32556422
>We just assume nothing and treat everyone like 12 year old
There we go, this is what I wanted to know but didn't realise it myself. Is it necessary to treat them all like that? Is the average volunteer at such a low level of intelligence and capability that they must be treated like dogs or subhumans?
This is one of the benefits of conscript militaries, since they conscript everyone capable (so long as there's motivation in the populace) so the officers in charge of unit composition and training have more to work with and can afford to order more capable troops into all possible roles, while in the US the POG roles for example, from what I've heard, are full of women and niggers who underperform, while anyone with a proper ASVAB is forcibly pushed into where they're needed.

>>32556424
Need mo money fo dem migrants.
>>
>>32556448
You don't train assuming average, because by math that means half are probably below. We train for the bottom, everyone else just comes for the ride. Standards are low because we need cannon fodder.
>>
>>32556252
Daily reminder of the good deeds serbians did to europe.
>>
>>32556433
>not knowing the average US soldier is not considered all that impressive apart from their gear
>>
>>32555911
>conscription
>civilized
Bullshit. All conscript militaries are notorious for abuse and brutal initiation rituals.
>>
>>32555890

It's a bit of a cultural thing. It's pretty much understood that you fucking listen to the DI and do what he says - and that in return he's not gonna yell in your face all that much unless you fuck up seriously or repeatedly.

Basically the reverse to the way it works with the yanks, where a DI not yelling means you're in trouble. Yet it just as well fulfills the purpose of makign it clear to everyone when someone fucked up.

The video does make it look less severe than it actually is, though.
>>
>>32556524
>Post Soviet Russia is now "All conscript militaries"
>>
>>32556524
Stop being a Slav, pls.
>>
>>32556530
That video seems to honestly just be the first formation training, so it makes sense to take it slow at the start. The running and shouting doesn't start until the rookies actually know how to get in a line and walk, so shouting at them before this would just be counter-productive.
>>
>>32556252
Yes, this certainly had nothing to do with the Dutch at Srebrenica being outnumbered and outgunned locally to such a degree that they would have practically just thrown their own lives away without even slowing down the Serbs notably in case they had picked that fight...
>>
>>32556548
It's first or second week in the video, I think.
>>
>>32556524
Only brutes and lower class savages would ever volunteer to kill people.

The civilized soldier is the man who is forced to by his state, ideally elected by him in a free and democratic system. In a civilized state, the soldier is a citizen in uniform, carrying out a duty - and not a mercenary of gold and thrills.
>>
>>32556163
it's does, just because it didn't do anything for you in your service doesn't mean it doesn't work. In the US there was a time where DS were combat vets with multiple combat deployments to their credit. It's extremely intimidating. I guess it might just be a cultural thing though.
>>
File: 1373049538111.jpg (10KB, 180x200px) Image search: [Google]
1373049538111.jpg
10KB, 180x200px
>>32556621
Could be, yeah. Americans are a lot more vocal and personal in the first place, compared to Finns. All fake smiles and disturbing small talk with strangers.
>>
>>32555924
i fucking hate finnish people seriously

your country is fucking shit dude
>>
File: 1465226883456.png (2MB, 2400x1607px) Image search: [Google]
1465226883456.png
2MB, 2400x1607px
>>32556608
Yeah, says day 07 in the title, now that I look at it.

>>32556636
Success breeds jealousy. What's wrong with you then?
>>
>>32556630
i would also imagine there really isn't a need to yell as the threat is basically right there. Like, some super muscular guy is yelling about how you need to kill the enemy to win the battle, all the while the training is being conducted in California or the Nevada desert. Meanwhile the Finn is calmly being told that if he doesn't do his job well enough, it means Russian will literally occupy his nations and actively prevent it from becoming free again.
>>
>>32556644
At no point did I say I was jealous you stupid fucking Mongolian.

Finnish people are the most Arrogant cunts I have ever had the misfortune to talk to, and without merit.

Americans can be arrogant, and with good reason. You fucking have nothing except

Le Sauna XXXDDDD
Le winter war xxddddd

le u mad???? We fought a war with Russia and won for 2 months and then lost brutally!!??

u mad???
>>
File: 1417727343386.png (570KB, 3775x2127px) Image search: [Google]
1417727343386.png
570KB, 3775x2127px
>>32556664
Yeah, pretty much. Though these days it's called the Yellow State or simply enemy, for diplomatic reasons. Doesn't change the fact that there's a ~80% willingness to serve and everyone knows it's our people's sovereignty at stake. The legacy of WW2 is well in our national memory as well, for what it's worth. Sadly though, peace and good times are slowly eating away at it all and you only have to look at Sweden to realise it's not a good thing.

>>32556679
Not to go along with what you're saying, but you really do sound mad? Have you actually met Finns, or have you just fallen to your shitposting wiles online?
>>
File: 1374174961343.jpg (54KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1374174961343.jpg
54KB, 640x960px
>>32556679
chill bro, you don't even know what the fuck you're talking about
>you have nothing [...]
neither do you, the accomplishments of the people that happened before or around you give you no authority whatsoever
>>
>>32556679
>>32556715
To our shitposting wiles. Pardon, I've got a fever and can't seem to form comprehensible sentences anymore.
>>
>>32556341
You are literally stressing out about how non-stressful getting shouted at is which leads me to believe you are compensating. Getting yelled at for seemingly no reason create cognitive strain. As does living with the constant knowledge that there is someone watching and waiting for you to screw up so they can harass you. When cognitive strain builds up, it causes stress. Stress can exist on multiple levels subconsciously and manifest itself in non-obvious ways. You are trying SO HARD to seem tough on the internet right now..,>>32556757
>>
File: 1388098514526.jpg (52KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1388098514526.jpg
52KB, 480x480px
>>32556780
nigga that was my first post in this thread, you are projecting SO HARD right now
i even partially agree with you but the way you conduct yourself makes you look like a huge faggot
>>
>>32556780
> which leads me to believe you are compensating
Believe what you want. Maybe even poor old me is a bigger man than you, or the typical USMil recruit.
>Getting yelled at for seemingly no reason create cognitive strain
At such low levels it does nothing to prepare you for combat. If there's a reason you're being yelled at, then the yelling further solidifies your understanding that now you have fucked up. Especially when an ordinarily calm and collected officer is seemingly filled with rage, yet is keeping a professional tone in verbally ripping you a new asshole. It just doesn't work the same way when that red-headed screaming is the basic tone and interaction.
>You are trying SO HARD to seem tough on the internet right now.
Except that I'm not pretending to be a tough guy. I'm a half-assing lazy fuck with completely mediocre stress toleration capabilities. Possibly even slightly below average, since I half-ass most things and don't really care all that much about anything, so there's less reason for me to get stressed out about it. Despite this, I still did not get stressed out from being yelled at. It amused me, it still does. Whenever I see people being yelled at like that, simply for training purposes or as an act, it brings a smile to my face. I'm impressed by the act and the voice and the situation and how much it's like in American movies.
>>
>>32556846
You have basically made a hour long process of interactive ranting where in you demand proof yet disqualify any evidence presented based upon personal anecdotal claims. So assuming you actually are open to a discussion about the efficacy of such train maybe you should qualify what "proof" or "evidence" consists of... or you could just let your awful thread die knowing that none of us care how hard you think you are...
>>
>>32556900
What do you mean "your thread"?
Thats just an asshole i havent posted since the live ammo question
>>
>>32556900
Anecdotes are not evidence. You haven't posted any evidence so far, so yet again.
Where is proofs? Post proofs.
>>
>>32555927
Amerifats love to generalise a continent of 50 countries and approaching a billion people. They think if the Germans do something, we all must do it.
>>
>>32556960
>50 countries
Good meme fuckface, turkey and slav niggers are not europe.
Europe is literally only 10 countries at most
>>
>>32556040
I'm honestly unsure how the dumb biblical reference has anything to do with your point.
>>
>>32556940
https://www.quora.com/Why-do-USMC-drill-instructors-scream-and-shout-at-their-recruits-while-their-Army-counterparts-seem-to-take-a-much-calmer-approach
>>
>>32555890
Marine Corp training is more funnier desu
>>
>>32557023
Proof:
https://youtu.be/jDzVmuvvnmo
>>
It has a few reasons:

1. Stress, if the mean di can make you snap, not capable to deploy or depend on
2. Stops undesirables from wanting to join. Example: people who post here saying "man I'd join but if the di yelled at me I'd hit him
3. Conditions people to follow orders yelled at them, so in the heat of battle if you're squad leader yells "were going up that fucking hill!", Your ass is going up that hill.
>>
>>32557031
>Conditions people to follow orders yelled at them, so in the heat of battle if you're squad leader yells "were going up that fucking hill!", Your ass is going up that hill.
That's found everywhere in all militaries though. The video in the OP is the very beginning of that training, starting with teaching the troops marching formations and making all the orders related to it instinctual, so that everyone simply acts and don't have to think.
>>
>>32557012
Almost vomited at that Muhreen bullshit in the first post. Could you please stop posting any further Marine wankfests where they proclaim themselves to be the greatest warriors upon this Earth? It's not proofs.
>>
>>32557079
What is proofs faggot?
>>
>>32555890
>This german series follows new navy recruits through basic training
>Navy recruits

The US Navy boot camp isn't Marine boot camp either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvKAhmgkoj4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bappraefDlQ
>>
>>32555890

Just wanted to chime in here due to all the faggits in yurope with their "hurr durr need to smash peasents into line in us army because you are all pesents and we r great".

Allow me to declare my prejudices lest someone accuse me of an american bias: I think america and americans are, by and large, utterly fucking retarded when it comes to international affairs and their youuthful population either composed of utter braggarts or little fucking wimps...now...on to business -

America is the only country apart form Russia that is actually DOING any serious fighting or HAS DONE any serious fighting in the last fifty years. Every other european country's combat experience pales into insignifigance. The U.S. army obviously WORKS. It shows a commednable ability to adapt to new situations...now...

Would the old screaming-in-someones-face thing in basic training have been retained if it served no purpose? Why would it have been common in EVERY SUCESSFUL ARMY in the world since time immemorial if it was not a useful way of eliminating individual smugness in favor of group pride and exposing people to controlled stress, hmmm?

Also, is it perhaps JUST POSSIBLE that the reason le faggit german conscripts (whom, I might add, have been known to refuse to fight in afghanistan and elsewhere, or man guard towers because that's "not their job") dont get bawled at is because ickle baby wont vote for mama merkel if his compulsory service made him do a wee wee in his pants? Is that possibly why the screaming isnt there? Because they aren't going to be fighting anyway and a culture of military competency has now withered away to practically nothing? maybe?

I mean, the fact that every military on the planet has always found shaking its recruits up to be a cruel necessity BEFORE NOW might just be clueing us in here, might it not?
>>
>>32556613
Lame.
>>
>>32556191
>ignoring the fact that blacks and hispanics don't exist in yuro services
>>
There are certainly a lot of NEET's in here that have never served a day in uniform pretending like they know what they are talking about when it comes to military training.
>>
>>32557818
Saved.
>>
>>32555925
>German army
>wanting more recruits
Merkel is itching to disband the Bundeswehr entirely
>>
>>32556433
The average US soldier is nothing special, the American military is successful because of their huge quantities of top tier equipment and good co-ordination, not because of particularly well trained soldiers. In fact, Britain, France and many other NATO countries have far higher training standards for their soldiers.
>>
>>32556581

>Combat is hard, we better just not even do it, guys!
>>
>>32556221
I'd have to disagree with that. War fucks people up man. You never know how something like it affects people.
>>
>>32555890
Just watched these guys "fitness" test. I have no idea what branch of the German military this is. At first I thought they were doing a warm up and it turned out be part of their test. Flex arm hangs? Full grow men doing flex arm hangs? I hope this is just a entrance test and not a real fitness test.
>>
>>32559549
sorry link for the vid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3WdjGHYj8s
>>
>>32559121
>higher standards
>NATO

Pick one
>>
>>32555890
Germans in particular are an orderly and polite people, and typically don't require the methods needed to control Americans, many of whom are negro or Scots-Irish, which is another way of saying negro.
>>
>>32556960
Spain, France, Germany, Poland, Denmark, Sweden, Italy, Netherlands, Serbia, Hungary, Romania, Grease....

12 countries
not 50
>>
>>32559646
???

NATO has pretty fucking high standards for training, Russians, Chinese and irrelevant third worlders aren't known for their training standards, and the few countries with well trained militaries that technically aren't in NATO might as well be (Australia for example)
>>
>>32556191

The gang thing is so overblown, never seen nor talked to anyone else who has seen it. Just because some beaner wants to go on leave and chill with his homies doesn't mean that gangs are running rampant. There seem to be articles that pop up about gangs being everywhere but you certainty never see the consequences.

Meanwhile Russians actively beat the fuck out of and rape their new recruits as tradition.
>>
>>32555890
It might have been sanatised for tv so they could get more recruits

Remember watching this documentry about these squadies who sgined up in the uk

Everyone got a long the ncos and the cos were all nice men who looked aftet the boys (mind yoj the boys where all white from some shittty poor village or up north)

One boy was weak one was strong etc any way they all pass and jpin infuntry amd shit

Then there was a hidden camera documenty some jurnolist made with hidden moblie phones. Most were poor white kids from some village there were also some african and jamican and some eastern euroepan recruits all wpuld get beat up by the ncos for the smallest shit shouted at

Also the co didnt give a shit about the recruits the ncos were erther brown back from afghanisthan or iraq and all seemed to be suffering from ptsd so would take it out on the recruits one would even be drunk all the time and beat the shit out of the recruits. One was talkkng about hpw when they were wearing helmets the nco would go and kickthem or bash two recruits head togther knocking or hurting them lol
>>
>>32560188
Sorry i meant the ncos were all back from afhanisthan or iraq
>>
>>32559658
*tips fedora*

Race is a social construct.
>>
File: notsure.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
notsure.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>32559869
baiting or genuinely ignorant
>>
File: 1483330272066m.jpg (94KB, 1013x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1483330272066m.jpg
94KB, 1013x1024px
>>32555911
>constription-based militaries actually result in better average quality
>>
>>32560152
>Meanwhile Russians actively beat the fuck out of and rape their new recruits as tradition.

Oh please, that's a bit of an exaggeration. Russia is nothing if not humanitarian.
>>
>>32557818
>It shows a commednable ability to adapt to new situations
wrong

>Why would it have been common in EVERY SUCESSFUL ARMY in the world
wrong

>the fact that every military on the planet has always found shaking its recruits up to be a cruel necessity
wrong

Sad.
Thread posts: 133
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.