[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me >/g/ gunlet >want guns >know almost nothing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (382KB, 800x1030px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
382KB, 800x1030px
>be me
>/g/ gunlet
>want guns
>know almost nothing about them besides basics
>don't even know what I want specifically
>remember 4chan has weapon board

Pls help oh mighty kommandos. Educate me on your ways. I don't have that many preferences, but I like do like guns with wood. (How do I find gun laws in my state also? Do I ask the police department?)
>>
>>32555537
Read. The. Sticky.
>>
>>32555540
I did anon
>>
>>32555537
use a search engine to find out state laws.

as long as you have a clean history and depending on the state, gun ownership is pretty simple.

a good starter rifle for you would be a ruger 10/22 with steel standard wood stock. You can shoot for cheap and learn the basics.

Also, most cops in my experience don't know shit about laws regarding firearms.
>>
>>32555562
this pretty much
>>
>>32555537
Get an SKS
>>
>>32555562
Thanks for advice anon
>>
>>32555540
>>32555562
These twos. Meanwhile, I advise to go look up Forgotten Weapons for some firearm history, and to learn about different action types for firearm operations. Lurk here for memes and learning bullshit (Though some threads are great to learn about what to use to clean your firearm). I also advice to lurk im other firearm forums, like UziTalk, AK/FAL files, AR15.com, Operator Chan, etc.
>>
Hicock45. Great, informative, easy to understand, good sense of humor. Look him up on YouTube
>>
File: 11004154_2.jpg (211KB, 1280x801px) Image search: [Google]
11004154_2.jpg
211KB, 1280x801px
Lurk a lot, although modern /k/ is pretty shitty compared to what it was.

It's a very broad topic so unless you ask specific questions I wouldn't know where to start.
>>
>>32555640

>/k/ is memes and bullshit

I'll give you that

>advise you to lurk opchan and barfcom

You fucking wot m8
>>
>>32555660
>Hickok
>informative
>>
>>32556426
>Discusses his experience of weapon at length
>Usually shows basic field strip of weapon
>Several videos discussing basic gun handling rules and safety procedures
>Compares calibers in numerous videos
>Explains things in basic terms so new fags can understand easier

Kindly sit on a cactus and spin, dickface
>>
Start with a 9mm pistol. Find a range and practice, ask lots of questions of the range officer. Get hooked and start wasting money.
>>
Try the Ruger 10/22, it will appeal to a lot of /g/entoomen on account of being cheap and having myriad parts available for it for ricing - You can dress it up as whatever you'd like it to look as with a simple drop-in stock.
Fat honking drum magazines, muzzle devices, suppressors (might require some paperwork), bipods, monopods, any sights or scope(s) you like... and the ammo is dirt cheap when compared with other "real"/full size rifle rounds.
The light recoil will also help you develop good shooting form and condition you to not flinch and close your eyes when you shoot, so by the time you move on to a bigger rifle cartridge, you'll be better prepared to handle the louder noise and harsher recoil.

Use ear protection, or you'll one day find yourself unable to enjoy your LCD-3's or SR-007 Omega 2's on account of tinnitus.

.22 is also a very fine round for hunting small game, if you're itching to try out hunting - I'd say they're good for taking game up to rabbit size.
>>
File: ak 223.jpg (327KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ak 223.jpg
327KB, 1200x1200px
>>32555537
saved this image
>>
>>32555537
>goes to new board
>doesnt even attempt to lurk
>posts pathetic "help me plz" thread

Learn by reading the fucking threads
>>
>>32555537
What the fuck is that gun? AR everying but an AK magwell?

Flip up rear sights but a non-folding front post that block the optics.
>>
File: side-by-side-good-copy.jpg (96KB, 1200x600px) Image search: [Google]
side-by-side-good-copy.jpg
96KB, 1200x600px
>>32561617
>What the fuck is that gun? AR everying but an AK magwell?
Yes anon, there's such thing as AR lowers that take in Kalashnikov magazines so you can make a 7.62x39 AR. links related.
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/rock-rivers-new-lar-47-line-ar-ak-new-gun-review/
https://www.mgi-military.com/store/index.php?product_id=40&type=&category=20
http://palmettostatearmory.com/ks-47-ar-47-ar-9/ks-47.html
>non-folding front post that block the optics.
>Reflex sight
>Optic
pick one. Also it's a nonissue, pic related
>>
File: afghan qt.png (622KB, 753x803px) Image search: [Google]
afghan qt.png
622KB, 753x803px
>>32555537
Lurk moar.
>>
>>32555537

Mosin nagant 91/30 aka nugget aka most nugget aka mosin and it's derivatives is a popular rifle on /k/ because it's relatively cheap and fires a powerful cartridge and muh history.

Sks
>semiautomatic carbine chambered in 7.62x39 -same cartridge as AKMs (modernized AK-47s)
>was cheap at some point, now they're hideously overpriced garbage rods but slavaboos like it

AK-74s
>AKM but chambered in a 5.45mm cartridge
>slavaboos like it because it was used in afghanistan to kill afghans

Glock
>you'll see memes referring to the glock as a glocknade (glock + grenade) because older generations of glocks in .40 smith and wesson could explode. New glocks don't explode.
>glocks are popular because theyre cheap and hold alot of boolits and operators use them

AR-15s
>good hobby guns
>you can build any rifle you want to do anything you want
>from a "pistol" to a long range rifle
>some states don't let their citizens own AR-15s which makes people want them more

Also popular guns on here are
>remington 870 12 gauge shotgun
>mossberg (aka mossman) 500/590 12 gauge shotgun
>ruger 10/22 .22lr semi auto
>marlin model 60 .22lr semiauto
>Cz-75 (cold war Era 9mm pistol)
>gewehr 98s(military surplus "milsurp" rifles from Germany)
Also all bullpups are FAMAS's
>>
quick, someone post that "welcome to /k/, now get out" image
>>
>>32555555
>>
>>32563138
why don't you have it?
>>
>>32563162
i only started saving images and reactions yesterday :(
>i could have built up a 2gb folder if I started earlier
>>
>>32555537
you need to narrow it down. handgun? rifle? ww2 weapons? semi autos? price? usage?
>>
File: Welcome to k.jpg (58KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
Welcome to k.jpg
58KB, 500x362px
>>32563138

Which one? There are many.
>>
>>32563118
2nd the CZ 75. Just went yesgunz last month and got a CZ 75 compact and I love it. Comfy, steel frame makes it easy to shoot all day, etc.

Mags are stiff when you first buy them, though they seem to break in after a bit.
>>
File: cactus-fuck2-k.png (152KB, 293x425px) Image search: [Google]
cactus-fuck2-k.png
152KB, 293x425px
>>32556550
>>
>>32563170
>only 2gb
/k/omrade, I...
>>
>>32555537
Hey fellow /g/entooman, you're amongst friends.

First, feel free to tell us what state you're in, and I'd be happy to google that for you. Don't be ashamed, there are specific phrases to search for to find accurate info.

Handgun general:
My preferred home defense weapon, because it allows you to have a hand available on your phone while you're calling the cops. Most common calibers are 9mm, .40, and .45. Ignore the last two for now; they offer no appreciable difference in human targets than 9mm.

First, watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMzQIHN-LiI

Glocks are the standard handgun and are found in the median price range at around 5-6 hundred. Go to a combination range/store and tell them you're knew, ask to hold various 9mm, follow all their instructions. Grip it as instructed in this video, and when you've found one that fits your hand like it was made for you specifically, like it's custom made for your hand/arms/eyes, get it.

Remember, you focus on the front sight post.

Rifles: >>32563118 covered it pretty good, I'll expand.

Semi-auto is what you want for a generally capable utility/tool/weapon. If you live in California, NY, NJ, CT, or some other cucked state, you might have some hoops though.

>SKS
Can still be had for just over 300 dollarydildos online. Ask your store/range if they'll do FFL transfers. 7.62x39 is fairly useless beyond 300m, so be aware of that.

If you live anywhere near Texas I'd be happy to take you on an educational field trip to the LGS, and for more specific info, I'll need more specific questions.
>>
File: sad_big_man.gif (1MB, 400x232px) Image search: [Google]
sad_big_man.gif
1MB, 400x232px
>>32563220
help me grow big and strong anon
>>
Op, if you really want a specific rifle don't be afraid to buy something you really want.
The day I realized /k/ can be completely retarded is the day I first shot my AKM when I became hasguns. People seriously talk about recoil like it's going to kill you, in my experience it's really fun.
Then I bumpfired my SLR 107 and felt like a madman because I not only was shooting for the first time, but alone innawoods.
>>
>>32563323
I am only saying this because after you go through your research phase, some might tell you to get something smaller caliber wise but I'd say just get what you want
>>
Whatever you do don't listen to the turbofaggots who tell you to get a nugget.
>>
>>32555537
If you are secure in your masculinity you'll get a battle rifle
>>
>>32555537
/k/ is shit for firearms info.
AR15.com and other firearm sites are 100% better than this shithole.
>Le traps
>Le Moist nugget XDDDD
>Animu XDDDD
And other shit.
>>
>>32555555
>>
>>32563428
>Barfcom

OP, allow me to sum up Barfcom, noting that 1171 is the MOS for water supply techs:

MeanMarine1171

hey guys i just got a larue mount and its literally the best thing ever and everything else is garbage

if its not trijicon its shit and a waste of money

if you didnt spend 9001 dollars or more on your ar it was a waste and ur stupid

i unironically believe that being in the marines despite never using my weapon besides qual in training makes me an expert on all things weapons and that im superior to dirty civvies

if its not an ar you fucked up and ull just die to someone with an ar

personal training and fitness don't matter as much as your weapon (which should only ever be an ar)
"All those who did not serve are fucking subhuman scum"
>>
>>32555537
in every one of these threads, brainlets recommend the 10/22.
don't get it. it's a boring POS with a trigger you wouldn't want to hit with a hammer. just get an AR15 (parts or pre-made, doesn't matter). they're 100x more fun to shoot, and cheap enough to nearly offset the cost benefit of throwing $200 in the trashcan on a 10/22
>>
>>32558775
>start with a weapon that requires far more skill to shoot accurately with than with a rifle
I'd start with a .22lr or, if you want something that's usefull for hunting, .223" Rem rifle (pistols only after getting used to >.22" rifles)
>>
>>32555556

>>32555555

You being off by one has piqued my interest
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.