[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: We design guns. How could you make a fast firing, cheap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

File: itsabiggat.jpg (10KB, 750x170px) Image search: [Google]
itsabiggat.jpg
10KB, 750x170px
ITT: We design guns.
How could you make a fast firing, cheap shotgun better than a pump action /k/? I was thinking a revolving shotgun, but they're pretty slow to load.
>>
File: Profit.jpg (7KB, 305x165px) Image search: [Google]
Profit.jpg
7KB, 305x165px
Gee, if only there was some sort of detachable container that stores a large amount of shotgun shells, and if the shotgun itself operated on the same principle as a rifle
>>
>>32555321
jeez I forgot about non americans posting early morning on kay

how about a mag fed semi auto that operates like every other rifle on earth
>>
Nah fuck that shit. How about a semi-auto double barrel blow forward. The gun fires one barrel at a time, the other blows forward (dwarf magic, bear with me) and reloads, and hopefully like takes some of the recoil so you can shoot faster, and more accurately.

Fuck off Keltec lurkers, this is patent pending shit right here.
>>
>>32555365
You can't patent "dwarf magic".
>>
>>32555365
Something like gast principle?
>>
>>32555389
Sounds about right, from the Wiki page.
>>
>>32555331
Gee if only traditional semi auto shotgun designs weren't prohibitively expensive and complex.

>>32555334
Didn't know the next John Moses Browning browsed /k/. Also I'm a syrup nigger
>>
>>32555439
>Gee if only traditional semi auto shotgun designs weren't prohibitively expensive and complex.
In what country? Here in the US you can find a semi auto shotgun for very cheap. They are not mechanically complicated by any means. Sure, more complex than a pump action, but everything is.
>>
File: nota500.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nota500.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>32555455
Traditional automatic rifles are far simpler than a Mossberg 500 m8. I understand that automatic shotguns are affordable, I'm saying how can we make one that's more affordable.
>>
>>32555321
Make it a top break
>>
>>32555439
https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/hatfield-sas-20-semi-auto-shotgun-20-gauge-28-barrel-3-chamber-4-rounds-walnut-stock-black-851799004836.do?sortby=priceAscend&refType=&from=fn

Tell me this is a "prohibitively expensive and complex" weapon.
>>
>>32555919

If one weapon costs more than another there are some people that won't be able to afford it. Therefore, a cheaper weapon is more accessible. It is probably possible to make a simpler shotgun that performs like existing designs. Simple is good. Cheap is good. Didn't they teach you common sense in grade school?

Also, that gun is Turkish. Not a good argument. They make every gun cheaper than their competition.
>>
>>32556197
I don't know what point you're trying to make. My point is there are cheap new semi auto shotguns available on the market, which I proved by providing a link to a sub-$300 semi auto shotgun. Is your point that they should be cheaper even still, like under $200?
>>
>>32556216
Your point is "hurr it's good enough there's no point in trying to improve it"
If only we could go back and tell the Wright brothers that horses are fast enough and we don't need planes.
>>
>>32556318
I never said anything alluding to such a claim. Every weapon should always be improved as much as possible.

Earlier in the thread it was stated that semi auto shotguns are prohibitively expensive and complex, which is simply not the case. Could they be simpler? Yes. Are they prohibitively expensive or complex? No.
>>
File: 1394346911378.jpg (24KB, 311x321px) Image search: [Google]
1394346911378.jpg
24KB, 311x321px
>>32555321
>How could you make a fast firing, cheap shotgun better than a pump action /k/?
By making it semi-auto?
>>
>>32556472
Definition of "prohibitively":

"sufficingtopreventtheuse,purchase,etc.,of something"

Are there people on the planet that can't afford a semi auto shotgun? Yes, a shitload of them. Cost and complexity are relative.

>>32556507
How can you make a fast firing shotgun cheaper than a traditional semi auto?
>>
>>32556651
>How can you make a fast firing shotgun cheaper than a traditional semi auto?
By gitting guder.
>>
>>32555439
>prohibitively expensive and complex
You can get decent turkshit semi auto shotguns for like $300 all day long.
>>
>>32555321
Spring loaded and crank operated shotgun with multiple rotating barrels loaded by a single high-capacity gravity-fed magazine? If you can find a good price on materials and machines you could build it yourself, eliminating the cost factor
>>
>>32556651
>Are there people on the planet that can't afford a semi auto shotgun? Yes, a shitload of them. Cost and complexity are relative.
Haha what? There are people that can't afford a loaf of bread, let alone a semi auto shotgun. Semi auto shotguns are one of the cheapest classes of firearms around, so no they are NOT prohibitively expensive RELATIVELY.

Just because some poor people can't afford something does NOT make it prohibitively expensive. If that were the case bread would be prohibitively expensive because SOME people can't afford it.
>>
File: crye six12.jpg (81KB, 960x486px) Image search: [Google]
crye six12.jpg
81KB, 960x486px
>>32555321
here
The cylinder is detachable.
>>
File: crye six12 suppressed.jpg (538KB, 1500x1136px) Image search: [Google]
crye six12 suppressed.jpg
538KB, 1500x1136px
also
>>
>>32556710
So a Gatling shotgun? Someone fund it.

>>32556778
Bread is prohibitively expensive, so long as there are people who need it that can't have it.

>>32556920
Pretty much what I had in mind, the only problem being it's $2000 price tag. A comparable design could be made for $400 or less I imagine, by a larger company.
>>
>>32555321
A bolt action shotgun is cheaper to make and just as fast as a pump
>>
File: 43 Spanish 11.15x58R2.gif (7KB, 624x286px) Image search: [Google]
43 Spanish 11.15x58R2.gif
7KB, 624x286px
>>32555321
>ITT: We design guns
Blackpowder AK, why, I don't know
>>
>>32557606
Not even the AK gas system can withstand black powder fouling
>>
>>32557613
then we shall make it recoil operated, and throw a bunch of rubber opturators in their, I need something so obnoxious at the range even guys with .308 SBR loudeners want me banned
>>
>>32555321
What about revolving tubes? Each tube holds ~5 shells, there could be 3-5 tubes?
Of course there would be complications that need to be worked out, like an automatic rotation of a tube once empty, and how the shells are loaded into the chamber

It's an idea
>>
>>32557685
That's already a thing, forget the name but it's out there. The fuckers didn't even bother making it auto rotate though, you do it by hand every 4 shots. It's a good idea, but I feel like those types of mags suffer from the problem of bulk and awkwardness carrying more than one.
>>
File: have_nice_day.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
have_nice_day.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
>>32555321
>fast firing, cheap shotgun better than pump action
If only that didn't exist.
>>
>>32555502
Make it a mag fed delayed blowback action.
>>
>>32557834
I'm saying whatever you're thinking of, but cheaper.
>>
>>32555321

>barrel, chamber, and bolt are one piece
>i.e a steel tube with a cut at the bottom of it with a firing pin at the back
>uses 5 round box clipazines
>rack barrel back against spring at back of receiver
>whole assembly moves rearward new she'll goes through port
>firing pin/striker is cocked
>pull trigger
>sear releases striker
>striker hit's primer
>whole assembly recoils backwards
>she'll ejects and process starts over

I thin I just made a mag fed auto5
>>
>>32555321
metal storm is ideal for shotguns
>>
>>32557886

Forgot to say that obviously you rack it back and then release and the whole assembly will move forward
>>
>>32555439
>Gee if only traditional semi auto shotgun designs weren't prohibitively expensive and complex
>He doesn't know about the Weidong SAS 12
They went for $120-200 range when they got imported and assembled by Century
>>
>>32556197

It wouldn't matter for you if it held 40 rounds, fired fast as God's lightning and reloaded in a flash.

You wouldn't be able to have the full package in Banada.
>>
>>32555455

roller delayed blowback shotgun?
>>
>>32555373
Audible kek
>>
>>32556920
Now fuck me, is that right there a chibi Jackhammer?
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.