[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are Maadi's garbage? Pic related. I've always heard

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_20170106-073110.png (781KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170106-073110.png
781KB, 1080x1920px
Are Maadi's garbage? Pic related.

I've always heard (mostly from you guys) and random rednecks here in Florida that consider themselves AK guru's that Maadi's are among the best variants out there. But according to this guy they're pretty much sandnigger bullshit, backed by what appears to be facts, but idk if they're valid or not so I'm hoping you can help me out.
>>
>>32554322
I'm looking for a maadi as my first AK. I don't want a vepr, wasr, npap, or any other "beginner AK." I understand that these are all formidable rifles, but they just don't appeal to me. I was ready to fully commit to the maadi before reading this YouTube comment because everything he said as to "why people want them" is basically every reason I want them. They just have more character and "life" in them than the century arms and arsenal engraved products that flood the gun stores... I guess this can be a maadi general, really looking for any valid information about them
>>
Because I totally expect an AK47 clone to be "well made" especially from Egypt.

And I would bust a nut if I got one with sand people runes scribbled on it.
>>
>>32554322
Whoever thinks this is retarded because they are made on Russian tooling with Russian trained workers(USSR at the time). At one point they were some of the most original AKs you could get.
>>
>>32554404
I'd like to point out that I was talking of their early models. I believe the factory was changed after one of the wars they had.
>>
>>32554412
So old ones are good and new ones are garbage? Is there an actual date that could stand to differentiate the two or is it kinda hot and miss?
>>
>>32554404
Also, given the choice between a $2800 used preban, and a $450 parts kit, which would be the better buy? Would the parts kit have any potential of being as good or better than the pre built? Is the $2350 difference worth the loss in intimacy and sense of accomplishment of building your own rifle? I'm not really sure what the differences would be.
>>
>>32554507
The older ones were the ones that were built by Russian trained workers so quality will be higher with those. I'm not exactly sure but maybe the late 60s is when the factory was changed.
>>32554605
>2800
That's quite a bit, you're getting into polytech territory. The parts kit can be as good or better depending on the components they used when they assembled the rifle. I would get the my build if you need to have a maadi and have someone build it or learn yourself on some blanks. The preban SHOULD be put together fairly well assuming no one buggered with it. All in all it's going to depend on what years these guns were manufactured, earlier might be better but that isn't always the case so examine them both and choose what you feel is best. I'd probably get the parts kit and sit on it for a while if nothing else.
>>
>>32554322
Sandniggers and niggers have never been able to manufacture a decent quality product. Ever.
>>
>>32554649
Nice meme you should come back when you're old enough to own guns.
>>
>>32554629
Thanks man. I'm probably gonna do what you said about the kit. What's the big fuss about cast parts? Because I've heard that even Russian AK's were using cast components at one point. What's the main difference between cast & machined?
>>
>>32554678
Casting will leave small imperfections inside the metal. Google broken cast parts and you'll see what I mean. I'm pretty sure they still use Cast parts for certain components like the sights and rear trunnions but don't take my word for it. Whatever you get it's best to inspect in person but I realize this isn't always an option so before you buy make sure you get a great description of what you're getting.
>>
So if i buy a parts kit, do i just put it all together? No drilling or anything like that?
>>
>>32555370
You will need some machinery. There are videos on YT on how to assemble one, Flandre has some good videos on it and I think his username is something along the lines of bfgmovies on YT.
>>
>>32554404
>>32554412
finally, an accurate post from muslimbro
>>
>>32555531
kek, that's Flandre? I've seen some of bfgmovies' videos, I couldn't watch more than a few minutes due to the extremely high levels of autism

TheAmmoChannel did a pretty good garage build, he improvised a lot of tools though so your mileage may vary.
>>
>>32554605
>maadi parts kit
>$450
Holy shit dude. Four years ago I bought one for $200 + S/H off gunbroker. It was the dirtiest kit I've ever seen.
>>
>>32554649
Peanut butter
>>
>>32555531
Haha it's good to see this thread (and you) is useful to others besides just me.

I've built a Yugo with a friend before, but that's the extent of my experience. We never discussed part quality or origin factories. I've heard that German ones are really good too, but that was from the same guy saying "slavshit is Slavshit, they're all scrap metal bolted together to go boom."
>>
>>32555577
Did you use it? I'll gladly buy it off you
>>
>>32555569
Yeah but flandre does put them together nicely.
>>32555833
The German guns were in fact pretty nice but a lot of countries built good AKs. I don't know that Bulgaria does anything else good (sorry Bulgarians maybe you can tell me something else) apart from AKs and having a nice coastline.
>>
>>32554357
>want an AK
>but not a slav made one
>want a kang's AK because memes
>>
>>32558341
No he doesn't. He is a mentally ill retard who lacks even a thread of good craftsmanship. He isn't even a hack on a good day. I'd trust a 10 year old child with down-syndrome to put together an AK over fuck-dre.
>>
>>32558429
Well there is your opinion or the anecdotal evidence of a few anons that have flandre built guns. Do you have one of his guns?
>>
>>32558458
You expect me to trust a collection of mechanically ignorant dillweeds buying a hobjob'd kit from a mentally ill dude?
I've seen his videos and his methods, and they showcase how poorly a job he does in assembling them.
I wouldn't buy one of his even if it was free.
>>
>>32558615
Give some examples of what he does that is terrible. I'm curious as to what you come up with.
>>
>>32554507
the ones that were made by the original manufacturer are vastly superior to reassembled hackjobs
>>
>>32558615
quoted for truth, that faggot is retarded
>>
>>32558400
Yeah, I guess it does sound pretty stupid, doesn't it? Thank you anon for putting me in check.

>>32559109
I've heard that the polish PMK's were pretty much identical to the original. But my question is, why pick from all of these foreign factories and not just source an original Russian AKM? Are they non existent on today's market?

Because if they're the best then why are people paying $1200 for Bulgarian Arsenal's and $3000 for Chinese polytechs?
>>
>>32554322
The pre-ban Maadi rifles are absolutely some of the highest quality, if not the highest quality, AKMs money can buy. The post-ban guns are kind of meh. They stopped importing them at all not long after the ban. There are Maadi kit builds, those are just kit builds. They can be great if done by someone who knows what they're doing or terrible like most of them are.
>>
File: Maadi 2.jpg (545KB, 1224x1632px) Image search: [Google]
Maadi 2.jpg
545KB, 1224x1632px
I've got a 1994 Intrac import.

>Trigger is straight up bad
>The Egyptians used two different sources of wood for the upper and lower handguards, so they're often different colors
>Front sight is slightly canted, had to adjust front sight post like 1 mm to zero it so not an issue
>Gas block is visibly canted, still functions just fine though
>Rear sight block is straight
>Crutch folder is slightly bent and twisted, not sure if that was how it left the factory who knows how long ago or if just happened over the years from it's previous owners. Again though no issue, it locks open and closed solidly and doesn't affect shooting. Feels like a normal wire folder to shoot, not very comfortable but I love wire folders so I don't care
>Finish is meh, not as bad as they're often made out to be but could be better. Egyptian magazines on the other hand have atrocious finish
>Some of the post ban guns had very hastily ground of bayonet lugs that were half assed and can still mount bayonets, mine isn't though.

In spite of all of this I love the rifle. It's a 100% factory Egyptian made rifle minus the slant brake I've got on it. It works just fine, it's as accurate as any of my other 7.62x39 guns, and I don't care that it has it's imperfections.

Preban Maadis are expensive and very collectible. Steyr actually imported the first Maadis into the US and they're fantastic quality, but super collectible.

Be weary with post ban guns as they can be hit or miss depending on the importer. Intrac and Pars are both great. If you're wanting a Maadi search for an Intrac or Pars import as they're all around the best. The MISR S/A and 10 are often alright but some have issues, just be sure to check them before buying. Stay away from the MISR 90s as they're a weird mashup of leftover Chinese and Egyptian parts that Century cobbled together and they're garbage.

Kits are still fairly available and affordable too if you're more into building a Maadi from a kit, and that's entirely doable too.
>>
File: folders anon fix.jpg (377KB, 1184x1092px) Image search: [Google]
folders anon fix.jpg
377KB, 1184x1092px
>>32560563
>If you're wanting a Maadi search for an Intrac or Pars import as they're all around the best.
I should clarify that they're the best of the post ban guns and in general (excluding building, too many factors in building to determine if they're best or not) the best for you wallet. Steyr imports are the best, but your average Joe isn't going to want to shell out thousands for some Egypt gun.
>>
>>32560563
A lot of post-ban foreign rifles dipped in quality because they wanted to get them over here before it got worse. You should see the transition period guns, some of them were huge trainwrecks because they were already on the ship to America when good old Bush Sr. fucked us all.
>>
>>32554322
>Getting anything other than a saiga or vepr

No true AK enthusiast does this. Not because of authenticity, but because the ither variants are worse in comparison quality-wise (Bulgarians are up there but who wants to pay $1000 to have your finish melt off).
>>
>>32560659
Yeah, in general the later the production date after the ban the worse they got. There were still some diamonds in the rough though. The pricing reflects that too, I know some year Intrac imports command a higher price than others. My 1994 rifle was a "meh" year for them and therefor was a little cheaper than if I wanted an earlier year. I almost bought a 1992 Intrac import with all the same features (no canted gas block though) and the guy was asking a full $300 more than what I ended up buying mine for because of his production year.
>>
>>32560611
Thanks anon, I think this is the information I was looking for. Your rifles are beautiful btw, I'm honestly just looking forward to having one of my own.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 2448x3264px
>>32560987
np fampai
>>
>>32554322
dude its a fucking ak the best choices since 2007 for the money are a arsenal saiga vepr or wasr.
>>
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_81/143966_Egyptian_Maadi_Ak47_Guide.html

This is all pretty good info. I own a RML and it's amazing, got it for 650$ with 3 yugo mags and 2 pmags. If anyone tells you Maadi's are bad, you shouldn't talk to them anymore.
>>
>>32554629
You're such a faggot. Paying over 2k for an AK is for total faggots. Kys.
>>
>>32562172
>he's too poor to play the pre-ban rifle game
lol
>>
Wait, did presiserp obabo just recently ban AK and 7.62 importation? My cousin just told me it's going into effect this month and that buying an AK is pointless because there won't be any ammo for it.

Tell me it's not true :'^(
>>
>>32562353
Russian arms companies have had sanctions on them for about 3 years, now. Ammunition companies were rumored but turned out to be untrue.
>>
>>32562353
your cousin is a moron
>>
>>32562372
Yeah, I'm aware of those sanctions. But he made it sound like just a couple weeks ago there was some executive order that completely stopped all ASK variant and variant accessories/ammunition from crossing the pond.

>>32562392
I won't argue with this.
>>
>>32562463
Nah, there is nothing. Everyone that isn't a Russian arms company is still happily exporting to America. I feel bad for KC, they said like 90% of their sales were on the American consumer market.
>>
>>32555714
Have you never heard of The Illuminutty? American Dad debunked that myth years ago. GWC was given credit for PB as a way to ease racial tensions.
>>
>>32562488
Hopefully trump will do them a solid.
>>
>>32562613
I don't see why he would, but cool if he does.
>>
>>32562613
I can say, without irony or facetiousness that the only way we could manage that is by abducting Putin and holding him hostage.

And he'd probably send SoF after us first.
>>
>>32559019
>>32558341
>muslimbro defending Flandre
You went up a notch in my book muslimbro
>>32560563
I have a MISR 90 and it feels like quality and has given me no problems. It has a Chinese front trunnion which are fine, not a shimmed Egyptian trunnion.
>>
>>32559019
I'm not going to look through his videos to find specific examples, but last I watched him he certainly didn't give me the impression of a skilled person.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.