[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does /k/ hate Olympic shooting sports so much >hurr durr

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 227
Thread images: 35

File: 1483674414713.jpg (215KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483674414713.jpg
215KB, 1080x1080px
Why does /k/ hate Olympic shooting sports so much

>hurr durr stupid suits
>hurr durr bb guns
>hurr durr eurocucks
>>
But I don't becuase I know that it's still shooting skills, even if they are purpose built low power target guns.

I actually want to get into biathlon shooting.
>>
>>32552935
because /k/ is about weapons, those are not weapons. Same treatment goes to airsofters
>>
>>32552935
>/k/ is one person
fuck that, I love watching the biathlon
>>
File: Feinwerkbau Sport.jpg (511KB, 2500x1196px) Image search: [Google]
Feinwerkbau Sport.jpg
511KB, 2500x1196px
>>32552946
Air rifles are discusses in /k/ quite frequently.
>>
>>32552959
For hunting small game (or large game if you get one of those .45 caliber ones)
>>
File: rhode2.jpg (56KB, 609x401px) Image search: [Google]
rhode2.jpg
56KB, 609x401px
>>32552935
We don't...
>>
File: fortner.jpg (151KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
fortner.jpg
151KB, 640x360px
>>32552935
I don't know about the disdain for Olympic shooting but I hope to get my hands one of those biathlon rifles one day. I just want that Fortner action.
>>
>>32552959
Most air rifles are weapons, meant to kill small and even medium game. Olympic air rifles are never used or intended to be used as weapons
>>
File: cq5dam.web.835.835[1].jpg (16KB, 835x150px) Image search: [Google]
cq5dam.web.835.835[1].jpg
16KB, 835x150px
>>32552993
shit, I guess we can't talk about specialized trap guns here either then, huh? They were designed only to bust clays and nothing else.
>>
>>32552935
If only they actually broadcast it instead of these boring team sports.
>>
>>32553013
Don't get so offended, I didn't say you can't discuss them here, OP ASKED why people don't like them being posted here. I gave an accurate answer, don't hate me for it
>>
File: 975281289204.jpg (49KB, 400x264px) Image search: [Google]
975281289204.jpg
49KB, 400x264px
>>32552935
>Why does /k/ hate Olympic shooting sports so much

wut

Biathlon is literally two things white people love doing combined into one event. What makes you think /k/ hates it?
>>
>>32552935
If they shot a full power center fire caliber it would be interesting. Shooting 22lr at known distances like it's something special is gay as fuck.

If it were old school biathlon shooting full power centerfire military rifles at targets of unknown distance it would be cool.
>>
>>32553051
cross country skiing is best skiing. Gravity assisted skiing is for wimps.
>>
File: shitsdumb.png (267KB, 647x724px) Image search: [Google]
shitsdumb.png
267KB, 647x724px
>,22lr as a competition round
>stiff suits
>more gear queer than /gcg/
>those stupid as fuck blinders
>that delicate shit "gun"
>uses a benchrest

This entire ~OLYMPIC~ event is about taking the human element out of the equation. a complete failure of an olympic sport.

Those biathlon ones aren't as terrible since they can't exactly use the typical trash and expect to still ski, but it still has some of the same problems. Its boring as fuck to watch, shows no real world skill. I would expect Hussain bolt to outrun me any day, But i can probably out shoot the average olympic shooter if we're an hour into a hunting hike wearing a day pack and all necessary gear and using a fullsized rifle firing a fullsized cartridge at a distance greater than 50m
>>
>>32552935
Probably because it is anti-gun shooting sport.
>>
>>32552935
I don't hate them, I just find them boring to watch. I'd much rather watch a 3 gun match.
>>
Why do no women athletes have tits? I know conditioning will reduce breast sizes but why do fucking shooters have no tits either?
>>
>>32552935
Because of a deep insecurity with regards to their shooting abilities, realizing deep in their gut that magdumping their WASR at 50 yards doesn't make them a good shooter.
>>
File: pistol.jpg (29KB, 416x300px) Image search: [Google]
pistol.jpg
29KB, 416x300px
>>32552935
We are the Borg. You will be assimilated.
>>
>>32553199
Test
>>
>>32553199
Michelle Viscusi might disagree.
>>
>>32553145
I get the feeling youve never shot wearing any of that gear.
Do you think you can outshoot the camp perry champs too, those pussies use shooting jackets and gloves too.

They dont actually use the rest for shooting, its literally a rest because some of those rifles are heavy as fuck and it can be a while between sets. A stand takes up way less space than a table.

I think the blinders are a bit much also but i dont pretend they make you into a real life aimbot
>>
Make a new sport where you give everyone a full auto. I don't even care what caliber. Then try to hit some targets.
>>
>>32553246
Those are B cups (C at best) in a push up bra. Nigger faggot virgins on /k/ probably donate to her. If a girl doesn't have at least D cups, it's a guy
>>
>>32552959
Tell me this isn't a weapon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUKxO03HlOM
>>
>>32553253
Knob Creek subgun shoot
>>
>>32553013
If you weren't such a cum-guzzling troglodyte you'd realize that you are answering your own question. You don't see a lot of discussion about trap shooting here for the same reasons listed by the post you are replying to.
>>
>>32553013
>Traps
don't even start that shit anon.
just walk away
>>
File: 1428837050690.png (1MB, 1151x765px) Image search: [Google]
1428837050690.png
1MB, 1151x765px
>>32553227
Hate those "glasses" all you want, but for 25m precision shooting over a longer period of time, these things are a godsend.
>>
>>32552935

because Olympic shooting is the doom of the weapons communities in Europe. IT is the most popular branch of shooting and its members are those in power in shooting federations. On top they are elitist sports-fudds who despise semiautomatics or even the concept of firearms. They frame weapons as a neccesary evil to their hobby when speaking to the public. They get most of the government funding for shooting ranges and then make draconic laws about what firearms, targets and whatever items you can use.

In short they are cancer
>>
>>32553823
You clearly have no clue about what you are talking about. In a range which is almost something that hosts a shooting club it is not only about shooting olympic shooting. Most of the members do different disciplines of shooting. Military pistol (which features normal handguns) is shooting on targets that pop up for a certain amount of time is 1 of them. Also, historic guns like vedderli are used in certain competitions. Also things like hunter field target and benchrest are also a discipline. That is besides the olympic disciplines. Shooting is so much more than only olympic shit. Source: me being a member of a dutch shooting club for several years.
>>
>>32553013
Traps are for tying up and raping, not shooting.
>>
>>32553853
bla bla bla.

The biggest danish shooting union just made a de facto Assault weapons Ban for no reason at all and whithout pressure from the government.
>>
The real question is, why aren't there any olympic events where the competitors shoot at targets using the issue rifle of their home nation after long treks through difficult terrain while carrying an average soldier load?
>>
>>32552935
>>32553071
>bb guns
>.22lr

Gramps used to run biathlon for the army in the fifties or early sixties, they used nuggets. It was cumbersome but surely it was possible to reduce the size and weight as well as design a comfortable rifle harness without sacrificing the caliber or halving the firing distance.
>>
>>32553145
it's not benchrest retard, it's where they put the rifle between shots
>>
>>32552935
We don't?
>>
>>32553145
>Those biathlon ones aren't as terrible since they can't exactly use the typical trash and expect to still ski, but it still has some of the same problems. Its boring as fuck to watch, shows no real world skill. I would expect Hussain bolt to outrun me any day, But i can probably out shoot the average olympic shooter if we're an hour into a hunting hike wearing a day pack and all necessary gear and using a fullsized rifle firing a fullsized cartridge at a distance greater than 50m
>I could probably beat athletes at doing something they don't compete in
Wow! Also you're dead wrong anyway, kid. Take your flabby ass back to /pol/ or /v/ or wherever you came from
>>
>>32553859
Ugh, I missed this. Got any more details?
>>
>>32553853
Did the EU resolution change anything or can you still own magazines that hold more than 10 rounds?
>>
>>32553266
Not all of us are into the dependa landwhale types of gal that you seem to go for. I'd much rather have a perky B (or even fucking A) cup on a nice fit girl than fondle D cups while being smothered by obese overflow.
>>
>olympic shooting get replaced with events from 3gun
ok, I would actually watch the olympics if that happened
>>
>>32554011
>le all women with bras larger than b are fat sluts meme

Jealous flat chest detected. Get them fixed girl, you aren't even a real woman.
>>
>>32553995
Still in the works because Czechs went against it, so it's future is challenged at least
>>
>>32554035
I never said all busty ladies are fat. The anon I was quoting was the one going off on the "you need D-cups or above to be a real wimmin" bullshit. It's about proportions, boobs should fit the frame they are attached to. That being said, given the choice I would rather go for a fit/athletic girl rather than a larger/chubby one.

And if you're still wondering, I'm as CIS a white male as it is possible to be.
>>
>>32552935
It's like Olympic fencing to a group of HEMA enthusiasts.
>>
>>32553823
Now this is something I, as swiss, can get behind. This is 100% accurate.
>>
>>32552935
I've never seen any kind of hatred against olympic shooters here
>>
>>32554144
Here the association has made a course with one fudd basicly talking 2 days about how great he is. At least they named the course Twinky. Fucking faggots ruining and outselling our traditional mass sport.
>>
>>32553199
Because athletes need to be slim and tits are primarily made of fat. Athletes also produce more testosterone which lets the boobs shrink. Those who use steroids get small tits from the androgenic effect of test. Finally, having big tits is a hindrance in most sports. Therefore, women with big tits get dominated by women with small tits in competitions (that's also the reason why you don't see lanklets doing powerlifting or short guys doing 100m sprint).
>>
>>32552935
I don't, but at the same time I'd just rather watch inrange than a bunch of dudes with horse blinders on shoot BB guns if I'm going to watch shooting.

It did make me mad to see how the media and the government gave no fucks about our shooting successes at the last Olympics, especially considering they were in the women's categories. They couldn't sweep those under the rug fast enough because muh guns.
>>
>>32552935
She's hot but what is she holding? It looks like some sort of bow-caster.

Does it turn into a composite bow if you fold out those top and bottom arches?
>>
>>32553266
Medium breasts on a smallish woman equals bigger cup size, she's a D, just not what would be a D on a landwhale.
>>
>>32554308
It is just a band to carry the rifle on the back like a backpack. Makes it easier to langlauf without the rifle going everywhere.
>>
>>32553859

Your fault for living in dancuckmark

>>32553995

No idea, I dont see the point in having a magazine when you are shooting a competition for accuracy. For competitions based on speed a magazine is still necessary ofcourse.
>>
>>32554374
>It is just a band to carry the rifle on the back like a backpack
Aah, ok. I can see that now.
>>
>>32554232
>Because athletes need to be slim
Not in shooting they don't (biathalon is a different matter).

Australian's first gold medal was shooting a few years ago, target pistol I think, they made a big deal out of it and this 300lb middle-aged ausburger was waddling around everywhere really proud. He said later that it was kind of funny sitting in the athletes village after he won his medal hanging around with all these super fit 10/10 young kids who wished they could get his kind of results.
>>
Olympic shooting events were originally done with each nation's military rifle.
Then SJWs (yes, they already existed back then) and antigunners cried so that everyone is forced to use the same shitty .22lr bolt actions.
Nowadays antigunners are using that to push more gun control :

>you don't need anything other than a bolt action .22lr for sport shooting!
>>
>>32553823
Most sport shooters I met are progun, others are indifferent to people owning guns. There goes your anecdotal evidence.

Hunters are what would I call cancer to european firearms community. They are the elitist fudds who wouldn't care about any additional regulations as long as they doesn't touch their stuff, ie. repeaters and double barreled shotguns.
>>
>>32553823
>>32554583
You are both right, both competitve shooters and hunters are cancer, and they hate the regular gun owner with his AR15 and Glock, and will gladly collaborate with the insitutions to get everything banned as long they keep to get their shitty .22 guns and fudd hunting shits.
Both need to be wiped out.
>>
>>32554593

It's like you're talking about the NRA.
>>
I guess many people on /k/ simply don't aspire for perfection, so they hate anyone, who is a better shooter on a technical level.
>>
>>32553071
There once was a five man ski patrol sport in the early winter olympics if I remember correctly. Four soldiers carrying regulation rifles and and officer with a pistol. All shot.
>>
>>32553247
You're lying
>>
>>32552935

I don't hate it. It just doesn't much interest me. I put it in the same group as bench rest, skeet, etc. Difficult and I'm not taking anything away from the people who love it. But I think it's boring to do and watch.
>>
>>32553247
>>32553887
Actually they do rest them.
>source: I live in a noguns country where this shit is by far more popular than real guns
>>
>>32552946
>those are not weapons
stand and let someone shoot you with a biathlon gun then come back and say that
>>
>>32553853
>>32553859
seconding this from germany, olympic shooters were at the forefront of the last Assault weapons ban.
>>
>>32553145
>But i can probably out shoot the average olympic shooter
hahahahahahaha
any calibre, anywhere, you'd lose.
>>
>>32552935
That pussy is so tight it would probably squeeze my dick off if actually managed to get it in there in the first place
>>
>skin tight body suits
>Scandinavian cuties
>firm butts
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Om43Xzzg56Y
Its a pretty based sport desu senpai
>>
>>32554636
Nah, your lying.
But really what part am i wrong about? You can clearly see a gap between the rifle and rest in that picture.

Sounds like olympic shooters are cunts in other parts of the world though, id dislike them if they were willing to give up everything but their rifles
>>
>>32552946
>22lr
>not a weapon
>>
Olympic 3-gun fucking when
>>
>>32554726
When you push for it.
>>
File: 6.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
6.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
>>32553145
>i can probably out shoot the average olympic shooter
>>
>>32554701
I doubt its olympic, but the old farts all shoot rested, even pistol.
>>
>>32554753
What they do like benchshooting with a pistol? I dont actually think thats a sport, but im not gonna tell someone how to enjoy their guns.

>>32554652
Im not saying your wrong but ive never been to a contest where they use the stand while shooting, nor have i seen a contest where thats allowed but maybe its a regional thing?
>>
>>32553145
holy delusion batman
>>
>>32552935
I don't hate it, although I think it'd be way cooler if they went back to using their country's service rifle.
>>
>>32553864
The Military World Games are a thing
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_World_Games
>>
File: Carabine10mPrecision.jpg (75KB, 512x340px) Image search: [Google]
Carabine10mPrecision.jpg
75KB, 512x340px
>>32554652
>>
>>32553145
>this is what shut in neckbeards actually believe
>>
File: 1464621195765.gif (77KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1464621195765.gif
77KB, 340x340px
>>32554803
>Aeronautical pentathlon is a sporting event at some multi-sport events, such as the Military World Games. Despite the name, the sport has 6 events: shooting, fencing, orienteering, basketball skills, obstacle course and swimming.
>basketball
>>
>>32554774
>>32554806
I checked, its for old people only.
Just never seen anyone else do it because younger guys shoot centerfire stuff.

http://www.issf-sports.org/getfile.aspx?mod=docf&pane=1&inst=290&file=ISSF_Rules_-_Supported_Rest_Shooting_-_Edition_2016.pdf
>>
>>32554552
That isn't why it changed.
>>
>>32552946
Ah yes the "not weapons" argument :^)
That explains all the military, politics and other shit threads on /k/. Kill yourself.
>>
>>32552935
It produces impressive displays of accuracy. However this is purely mechanical and with small calibers rather boring. Hardcore cross country skiing and military caliber bolt actions or infantry rifles would produce a much more impressive environment for accuracy shooting. Its really just too specialized. Also as some have said many of the athletes don't actually give a shit about guns or ownership outside of their niche rifles.
>>
>>32552935
It would be a little more interesting if they used a practical caliber instead of .22 short or .17 PGP or whatever they use
>>
i've always wanted to try 25 meter rapid fire, if only the pistols weren't 2 grand.
>>
>>32554838
Come on black people need to have at least one thing they can win in.
>>
I did a few days of 'target pistol' and it was boring as shit and the people were stuck up. It also had little value in so far as transferable skills to other kinds of shooting are concerned.

I think that the problem with Olympic style shooting is that it's walled in to what it has developed into, it's removed from shooting as everyone else knows it and it's become shitty.

They should bring back the days of sking around mountains with regular gear and a 6.5x55 m/96
>>
>>32555047
I did my military service as a dragoon in the Swedish Royal Guard. For ceremonial duties we used an old Mauser license built in Sweden that was chambered in 6.5x55 mm. It was a beautiful rifle, really enjoyed shooting it. And on top of that it had the most badass bayonet with a blade lenght of 33 cm.

Good times.
>>
>>32554797
This.
>>
>>32555107
Isn't that the same bayonet used for the m/45 smg?
>>
>>32555126
>Tfw imagining the ass jiggle from a full power rifle cartridge.
Fund it.
>>
>>32555290
I imagine it'd be mostly intermediate cartridges.
>>
>>32553145

the entire point of biathalon is endurance, and the ability to be precise when tired as fuck. wearing a stupid sexy outfit and using a fancy gun doesn't make it a cakewalk. you're just mad that they aren't all wearing field jackets and shooting mausers.
>>
>>32555047
What? Target shooting, especially olympic style probably has the most transfer acrossthe shooting sports because its literally just the fundamentals. Sight alingment, trigger control, and breathing are literally the basis for hitting your target, the stance might not carry over to fullpower rifles very well but it can be done.

If it wasnt for you thats ok, im glad youve actually tried it. The people around me are pretty cool so i cant comment on that but it seems to be a trend.
>>
File: 1410846987044.jpg (348KB, 835x1381px) Image search: [Google]
1410846987044.jpg
348KB, 835x1381px
>>32555107
The m/94 or the later m/38?
>>
>>32555524
man that is sexual as fuck, is it staged?
>>
>>32555630
Probably. I can't see a girl that old wearing shit like that for anything but a fap-bait photo op.
>>
>>32555642
Nigga do you know what the 60s and 70s was?

But I agree, it was most likely staged.
>>
File: lightar.jpg (54KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
lightar.jpg
54KB, 848x477px
>>32552942
>purpose built low power target guns

/k/ fucking loves those tho
>>
>>32552935
Because no matter how much practice and skill it actually requires to perform at an Olympic level shooting smallest bore while stationary at short range stationary targets will never excite the passions of the masses. It is just extremely boring.

This is why when talking about invigorating shooting in the Olympics people so often talk about 3-gun, big bore revolvers, and long range shooting.

Also it doesn't help that the Olympics are trying to move away from even using actual guns.
>>
>>32555524
We used the m/94 carbine, as seen here
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karbin_m/94
Sorry, there is no wiki link in English.

The infantry units used the m/96 rifle,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swedish_Mauser

Not sure what the m/38 would refer to, I've never heard of it before. Was it also a Mauser copy?
>>
>>32555831
m/38 was the shorter version of the m/96. Some were purpose made as Husqvarna and others were made from m/96 rifles which were cut down and refurbished. Maybe there wasn't much distinction made between then in colloquial reference or something. The 38s only differed in having a shorter barrel and a different rear-sight, the converted ones didn't even have a bent bolt handle.
>>
>>32554660
Hang on, you stand there and I'll attack you with a staple "gun." Then we can really figure out what a real weapon is...
>>
I like and practice all kind of shooting sports.

IPSC is my favorite.
>>
>>32553227
>We meet again, Mister Bond
>>
File: abbsolutely haram.jpg (235KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
abbsolutely haram.jpg
235KB, 550x550px
>>32553818

>that guy in the pic

Holy shit, what a goblin.
>>
>>32555335
>you're just mad that they aren't all wearing field jackets and shooting mausers.

like it was before eurocuck started bening guns and pushing gun control like mad ?

yeah, it's sad to see that we can't use .308 or any other caliber in the olympic just because of those fucking countries with shit laws for guns ownership
>>
File: 1976-olympics-jenner.jpg (129KB, 1200x972px) Image search: [Google]
1976-olympics-jenner.jpg
129KB, 1200x972px
>>32555822

This is basically my view on the whole thing.

I respect and appreciate the skill of the shooters, but watching the events is just plain boring.

I'd much rather see 3 gun, or long range stuff. Honestly, i'd settle for anything that has some actual recoil from actual guns.
>>
>>32553266
You know that D cup means nothing without a number, right? Please don't be like that
>>
>>32552935
those legs look either hairy with light hair or kinda sickly. I'm really not liking this aestethic, she's not a cyclist or some shit. long sleeved sweater-looking apparel with short tights?
that position is really sketchy, but this is competitive shooting and accuracy is more important than being able to do anything else than shoot your gun. might help with accuracy or sway I dunno
>>
>>32555796
>low power
That's an intermediate cartridge right there my friend!
>>
>>32552935
I'm actually okay with skeet and trap shooters. It's the pure marksmanship competitions that just bore me.
>>
>>32555822
>people so often talk about 3-gun, big bore revolvers, and long range shooting
Thanks for the big lulz, people in your texan village maybe... I literally never heard someone talk about that (not to mention I don't even know what "3-gun" means). Actually the main concern within olympics fans is that shooting shouldn't even be at the olympics, hence why biathlon is the most popular discipline by far because of its athletic part. Absolutely no one cares about acrobatic-big-bores and shit, look at the audience ratings for the skeet...
>>
>>32553266
D-cups == future fat girl
>>
>>32556249
You obviously weren't here for the Rio Olympics when this was discussed ad nauseam .

>not to mention I don't even know what "3-gun" means
3-gun is an action shooting sport that requires the competitor to switch between multiple firearms (typically handgun, shotgun, and rifle) throughout the course.

Here's a clip of a famous celebrity on a course.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpr8oqyjKIc
>>
File: 1479769153238.jpg (29KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
1479769153238.jpg
29KB, 500x318px
>>32553145
>>
>>32556429
Thanks for the video. This is funny and catchy, no doubt I'd watch it, but should I really argue why this will never ever be at the olympics?

>this was discussed ad nauseam
Where and by who seriously?
>>
They're castrated shadows of what they once were and represented, reduced to a very exclusionary and sanitized practice with guns that came out of Cuomo's wet dreams. Frankly, contemporary Olympian shooting represents everything an anti thinks firearms should be relegated to. When they are back to centerfire service rifles and handguns at meaningful distances, I'll be interested.
>>
>>32553823
Them and hunters pretty much served as the fulcrum for a slew of gun legislation across Europe...be grateful Americans that they were nowhere near as prevalent or influential in your country in the 60s and 70s.
>>
>>32554612
But the NRA was the only reason your 1994 AWB had a sunset clause...why am I, a German, having to educate you on your own gun legislation history?
>>
>>32554011
Mah nigga right here.
>>
>>32552993
It's a good thing people can't kill with kitchen knives, lead pipes, baseball bats, and other non-lethal household objects :^)
>>
>>32553266
Nigga they're fake.
>>
>>32554359
That is not how bras work.
>>
>>32552935
Bullshit, everyone loves women's biathlon.
>>
It's basically like watching points karate vs muay thai or K1 rules kickboxing. It looks too sterilized and sporty instead of being a sported version of something practical.
>>
>>32553199
Well Simona Halep used to have quite the big tits but she had surgery to reduce their size
>>
File: pistol-dueling.jpg (80KB, 1024x746px) Image search: [Google]
pistol-dueling.jpg
80KB, 1024x746px
>>32552935
They should bring back Olympic dueling. People would watch that.
>>
>>32557135
OMFG I'd watch the fuck out of that.
>>
File: jul07_cowboymounted_250.jpg (74KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
jul07_cowboymounted_250.jpg
74KB, 600x400px
all yall arguing that making the three position small bore and standing position olympic type shooting sports should be high power are fucking dumb. Have you ever watched a service rifle comp? fucking boring as hell. And it only get more boring the further away the target is. Instead of hot Norwegian girls huffing and puffing in the snow its old fuds with garands and springfields firing one shot a minuet rolling around on their shooting mats. None of the shooting sports are actually interesting to watch excepts the action shooting sports like 3 gun. Also, sometimes the cowboy shooting stuff is actually really cool.Horseback stuff in particular, but thats more like SCA larping with guns than anything else. Idk how you could really make it a sport.
>>
File: SI27-10-2.jpg (29KB, 300x215px) Image search: [Google]
SI27-10-2.jpg
29KB, 300x215px
>>32557266
also fuckin duel wielding
>>
>>32553145
On the contrary, Olympic sports have only gotten more refined to focus specifically on the human equation. My thing is HEMA, and Olympic fencing isn't really swordfighting anymore, but I have no delusions that an Olympic fencer is on a whole other level of skill.

Bringing Olympic shooting or fencing back to standard target shooting or old school dueling is taking steps backward in progress.
>>
>>32557266
>but thats more like SCA larping with guns than anything else. Idk how you could really make it a sport.
By ignoring the Cowboy and focusing on the Action Shooting.
>>
>>32557266
>fuck Garands, muh hawt womyn
I want the normies to fucking leave already.
>>
>>32554011
Fatty dependas usually sport Bs or full blown watermelons. FF and up.

A nice set of Ds is hard to find.
>>
>>32553145
>>more gear queer than /gcg/
You are not a gear queer if your gear actually has a valid purpose.
>>
>>32553145
>This entire ~OLYMPIC~ event is about taking the human element out of the equation.
You couldn't be more wrong. It's about taking everything but the human element out of the equation.
>>
>>32553199
Anything larger than B-cup will impede shouldering a rifle.
sources: a friend of mine and my cousin
>inb4 custom stocks
>>
>>32553253
Just imagine how expensive the practice would be.
>>
>>32553726
Isn't that the one where everyone magdumps into model airplanes?
>>
>>32552935
I don't hate it but it's boring.

I prefer long range shooting.
>>
It's so far removed from any kind of practical shooting with all the bells and whistles on their "rifles"
It's sterilized beyond belief and essentially turns shooting into another normie dickmeasuring contest
It's a pursuit of richfags who care nothing for the common man's firearm rights as long as they can shoot their modded to shit .22 into paper
>>
>>32552935
Let's see how well she shoots when I'm motorboating her mooseknuckle.
>>
>>32556893
That's exactly how bras work.
https://customerservice.victoriassecret.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/940/~/sister-sizing%3A-bras
>>
>>32553266
>the only tits I like were made by a male surgeon: the post
>>
It's become a tool of the anti-gun govements.
>This is what REAL shooters use, so why do you need an AR-15 for target shooting?

As has been mentioned, this shooting scene is also riddled with snobbery and people who don't really give two shits about 2A rights. It's especially bad in Europe for all the predictable reasons, and even a driving force behind gun legislation.
>>
>>32552935
Op answered his own question
/thread
>>
>>32558170
>Large breasts never happen by nature
I mean he's a faggot, but you're just retarded.
>>
>>32553051
>What makes you think /k/ hates it?
Because they used to use battle rifles, and then they ruined it.
>>
The whole discussion itt is pretty interesting because it follows similar disputes about the merits of olympic fencing and its introduction as a sport in the first place. Olympic fencing is far removed from dueling, from which it grew, and for this reason it was heavily derided at the turn of the century. There is a book, "By the Sword" by richard cohen, which documents this evolution. Dueling itself faced the same criticism in earlier centuries, as swords and sword play had become completely irrelevant on the battlefield, and dueling had no real relationship with military arms or combat (outside of Napoleonic saber business). Similarly, nobody wins wars because of precision rifle fire today.
>>
>>32552993
Thats silly, if we use your logic olympic recurves, javils, or target pistols arent weapons since they werent made for killing things.
>>
>>32553145
They use all of that stuff to remove as many non-human varibles as possible. That why the winner is determined by who is the best shooter, not who has the best gear.
>>
>>32554276
>especially considering they were in the women's categories
They do that for pretty much every women's sport except Tennis, though. Do you remember even hearing a peep when our Women's Basketball team opened its win streak to the point that there were players on the team who were not even alive the last time we lost an Olympic match?
>>
>>32558274
No one talks about gun laws outside the usa, this is a local obsession.
The caliber has nothing to do with politics, it's a rationalisation in order to make the discipline more accessible, cheaper, controlable, and also administratively easier to organize.
>>
>>32558686
>Similarly, nobody wins wars because of precision rifle fire today.

Sniping is more in vogue than ever because it works precisely and well.
>>
>>32558820
>No one talks about gun laws outside the usa, this is a local obsession.
Dude, the BBC just had an article about gun laws today.
>>
>>32558820
>No one talks about gun laws outside the usa,
Good thing I was talking about in the USA then, fucknugget.
>The caliber has nothing to do with politics
Oh, you're a retard.
>>
>>32558820
>No one talks about gun laws outside the usa
wherever you came from, go back and stay git
>>
File: biathlon5.jpg (318KB, 900x602px) Image search: [Google]
biathlon5.jpg
318KB, 900x602px
>>32552935
It would be because /k/ are closet faggots who don't like ASS
>>
>>32552935
pezzo di figa non da poco....
>>
File: Virginia-Thrasher.jpg (13KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Virginia-Thrasher.jpg
13KB, 300x300px
>>32552935

ill watch issf 10 meter air rifle and pistol occasionally if im in the mood.

otherwise its just really boring to watch (unless it gets really close)

>no ginny thrasher gf
>>
>>32553145
>But i can probably out shoot the average olympic shooter if we're an hour into a hunting hike wearing a day pack and all necessary gear and using a fullsized rifle firing a fullsized cartridge at a distance greater than 50m

can you put a 4.5mm pellet in a 4mm hole from 33 yards away with iron sights?

yeah thats what i thought you ignorant fuck.
>>
>>32559055
>Good thing I was talking about in the USA then, fucknugget.
What did you mean by "governments" and "Europe" then?
>>
>>32556048
>yeah, it's sad to see that we can't use .308 or any other caliber in the olympic just because of those fucking countries with shit laws for guns ownership
This.
Sports aren't meant to be fair to everyone, only the participants.
No one with more than a third of a brain is suggesting that we ban power lifting because short people are better at it.

We need to make the olympics great again.
>Bring back underwater swim race
>Bring back 200m Obstacle Race - Swimming
>Bring back 17 man naval rowing boats
>Bring back firefighting
>Bring back cannon shooting
>Introduce cannon skeet
>Bring back running deer shooting
>Introduce running deer cannon shooting
>Bring back military rifle, team and individual target shooting
>Bring back tug-of-war
>replace all bicycle events with equivalent motorbike events
>Introduce rifle skeet. (556, 308, and open classes. semi, burst, and auto sub-classes.)
>Make biathlon great again
Bring back 100m, 150m, 200m, and 250m targets, and don't have any mandates regarding cartridge other than non-self guiding.
>Make biathlon better than it was
No limitations other than number of shots, no electronics, and the targets are steel plate that need to be penetrated to count as a hit. (basaltic gel behind target to catch and objectively confirm penetration)
This effectively kills 22lr faggotry, and will probably result in the development of a hybrid firearm/rocket rifle.
>Bring back live-pigeon 'skeet'
six pigeons are released at 30 meters, miss two+ and you are out. Winner is the one who shot the most pigeons.
The pigeons are to be supplied by Switzerland.
>Introduce slam ball
>Introduce sepak takraw
>Introduce everything from the x-games
>Introduce jousting
>Introduce the pole toss
>Introduce Chess Boxing
>Bring back wheelchair racing
except don't make it a req to be a cripple
>Replace Judo with MMA
Except choke holds are banned.
>ban softball
It's shit.

Cont...
>>
>>32559476
>ban badminton
Sepak Takraw is better.
>Replace soccer with rugby
Football would be ideal, but a sport where the rules aren't obeyed/enforced is infinitely more impartial and fair for international competitions.
>Make participants in climbing be blindfolded
Climbing is a shit sport, but this makes it permissible.
>Introduce roller derby
>Introduce Keirin
>introduce nascar
It's at least 20 times more of a sport than 30m airpistol. It is a driver sport, the only instruments/information available relate to engine conditions or safety mechanisms.
>Merge karate and taekwando
>Bring back Pole Archery
>Introduce Pole Javelin
>Replace golf with minigolf
Golf courses are big and expensive. The reason why the olympics are dying and not profitable is because they are held in cities that can't handle an extra couple hundred thousand tourists and the infrastructure required for only some events gets a few times. Golf is an idiotic olympic sport.
>ban surfing
*See the argument for not making cross country runners use treadmills, and the issue of city choice.
>introduce pato
Polo X basketball
>Introduce back Buzkashi
The goat thing from rambo 3
>Bring back winter pentathalon
X-country & downhill skiing/pistol/fencing/horse riding
>Bring back pentathalon
>Ban the IOC
They are incompetent morons.
>introduce team airsoft
Lets the eurocucks pretend they have guns, and the only infrastructure needed is a kill house. To make it legit, all you would really need to do is make the participants wear speedoes and have a referee look for welts.

tl;dr
Make the olympics about athleticism, competition, international cooperation with distinct national identities, and above all else make it entertaining.
>>
>>32559490
>30m airpistol
*10m
>>
>>32558790
That's because sports are about athleticism, and sports that don't showcase flexibility are always done better by men.
>>
>>32553818

Somehow I can't even laugh to this pic, now I feel guilty just for thinking of the possibility of laughing at this. Poor dude.
>>
>>32559322
>can you put a 4.5mm pellet in a 4mm hole
No, because a 4.5mm pellet makes it a 4.5mm hole.
>>
>>32559322
>a contest of who can hold their hand the most still
... Good thing no one ever invented clamps, or that would be a stupid competition.

Contests of accuracy originate in practical application of ability. People like these contests
When people violate the spirit of the contest, then you eventually get faggotry that everyone hates and derides.

If it was three gun eruocuck edition, I could forgive it's existence and inclusion in the olympics. However it isn't.
>>
>>32559476
>>Make biathlon great again
>Bring back 100m, 150m, 200m, and 250m targets, and don't have any mandates regarding cartridge other than non-self guiding.

after reading the official rules for biathlon, there is no mention of cartridge limitations. However a full or intermediate rifle cartridge would likely not be allowed to compete due to potential damage to the targets.

in theory, you could still show up to the Olympics with a nugget and compete
>>
>>32559490
>Introduce Keirin

There was Keirin racing at the summer olympics this year

the person in last gets eliminated races are more fun to watch anyway, but Keirin was pretty cool
>>
File: Cutlass Drill - Britain 1896.jpg (76KB, 717x462px) Image search: [Google]
Cutlass Drill - Britain 1896.jpg
76KB, 717x462px
Man, this is almost as bad as the Olympic Fencing v HEMA arguments. It's not going to be exactly like *real* swordfighting/rifle shooting, but it demonstrates applied skills really will. It's worth respect.

While I'm on this subject,
>tfw no more Olympic Singlestick
>>
>>32552935
because /k/ is mostly fat gear queers that couldn't run 50 feet without having a heart attack and anything athletic involving actual shooting that matters instead of being 30 year old autists playing soldier innawoods as manchildren is foreign
>>
>>32553266
Just because you have c cups doesn't mean everyone that does is a dude.
>>
>>32556134
>can't pierce a guard rail at 100 yd

it's low powered friendo
>>
>>32552976
Why are good trapshooters almost always fat?
Is it that they have a more stable platform or something?
>>
>>32559476
>Sepak Takraw

had to google it but this shits all over volley ball
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfmedg6woKE
>>
>>32559490
>Football would be ideal, but a sport where the rules aren't obeyed/enforced is infinitely more impartial and fair for international competitions.
What?

>merge karate and taekwando
No nation's martial art should be its own event unless it's been pretty much completely turned into a sport separated from actual fighting.

>replace golf
Most cities have golf courses in the suburbs, brah. Where else would the politicians spend their bribe money?

Do they have horseback archery? Because they need horseback archery.
>>
>>32559750
>>32553818
I feel bad too, he knows he's ugly as fuck, and they're just being nice. Man.
>>
>retarded posture that only works with their snowflake things worth more than my kidneys
>gurr durr they be better than you, you don't need clipazines :^)
>avtually backs gun control by snobism, cronyism and selfishness
>Drive new shooters and prospects away because of said reasons
>Their shit is boring, and deserves to be laughed at
>Serve as a flagship for grabber lobbies

And don't even get me started on trap shooters
>>
>>32556134
Thats the joke fuck knuckle
>>
File: 1476757448881.gif (3MB, 552x370px) Image search: [Google]
1476757448881.gif
3MB, 552x370px
>>32560510
>>
>>32557076
Horrifying
>>
>>32553145
>This entire ~OLYMPIC~ event is about taking the human element out of the equation. a complete failure of an olympic sport.

The whole point is to take the variables out and leave it ultimately up to muscle control and that INCLUDES rifle quality
>>
>>32553145
then why aren't you an olympic shooter with your 10/22 there bud?
>>
>>32553199
sports bras, tard
>>
>>32553145
>But i can probably out shoot the average olympic shooter if we're an hour into a hunting hike wearing a day pack and all necessary gear and using a fullsized rifle firing a fullsized cartridge at a distance greater than 50m
no, you couldn't. they're not simply gifted with a steady aim, they also train their muscles and stamina every day because even though you don't need to be an athlete to pop off a few decent shots, being an athlete helps and you don't become a world class olympic shooter without also being an athlete.
>>
>>32553211
DELET THIS
>>
>>32554838
To insure that US wins at least one event
>>
File: 1481849430178.png (263KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481849430178.png
263KB, 600x450px
>>32552935
Because Olympic shooting is not about conventional gun skills that can apply in real life. Much of the skill needed to control the gun, account for imperfect ammo and gun manufacturing, maintenance on the weapon, external conditions like weather, and shooting in a timely manner are not accounted for. It's all precision. That's not bad, it just makes for boring watching to anyone with knowledge of guns.

This may be a little generous, but if you gave some /k/ocksucker and an Olympic shooter both an AK or AR and have them shoot outside with irons only, I'd put money on the /k/ocksucker
>>
>>32565765
jesus fuck, what's with the insecurities?
>>
>>32559222
seems go to me
>>
>>32552935
Boring sport. 3 gun is more exciting.
>>
>>32565765
Based on my experiences, you'd lose your money. I live in Finland and as you may know, we have conscription here. That means I got to see shooters with varying backgrounds learn those conventional gun skills and shoot RK with irons only. Those with sport shooting background were the best shooters without a doubt. They were the most accurate both on the range and also in combat shooting. Hunters were generally good in combat shooting but not as accurate on the range. Those without any former training were a mix of excellent shooters, due to quick learning abilities, basic shooters and the worst shooters.

No matter what kind of shooting you're doing, the basics are the same; the way you aim, squeeze the trigger, control your body, all the same. In combat shooting you're just doing everything faster but it's not a big deal, because again, everything is the same. In the military you only need to train situational awareness and moving. Hunters are naturally faster but it seemed like many hadn't bothered to learn proper shooting technique, so it was hard for them to hit targets consistently, especially at longer distances. Those without any shooting background were basically blank canvases for the instructors. They hadn't learned wrong or sloppy techniques in their youth, so if they were quick learners, the instructors could teach them to shoot very well. Basically practical shooting, SRA and the like would be ideal sports for real life training but younger people here don't usually train those. They usually drift that way after the service.

Also, your claim that Olympic or other sport shooters don't train gun control, learn about ammo, learn about gun manufacturing etc. is completely bogus.

I trained air pistol and rifle for many years before my service and ended up being one of the best shooters of my company. In refresher training I lose only to active IPSC shooters, because currently I can't train regularly but I still win hunters and other hobbyists.
>>
>>32565765
Hilarious.
It's like saying an F1 driver is a shitty driver because its machine is too specific. None of us would stand a chance.
>>
because this internet forum, like all internet forums, is based on fantasy and roleplay. gun discussion is all about making posters feel strong and brave and powerful, but Olympic shooting is a topic that concerns hard work, technical abilities and dedicated attention to craft and training. the mere existence of such a thing shames /k/ by being real.
>>
>>32557366
>Action Shooting.
Isn't that basically what trap shooting is?
>>
>>32559476
>The pigeons are to be supplied by Switzerland
What the fuck do you have against swiss pigeons?
>>
>>32557076
that just makes me sad
>>
>>32554863
kill yourself my man
>>
>>32554752
>i can probably out shoot the average olympic shooter

> if we're an hour into a hunting hike wearing a day pack and all necessary gear and using a fullsized rifle firing a fullsized cartridge at a distance greater than 50m

Nice cherry picking faggot

Not even the faggot you replied to
>>
>>32552935
This style of skiing and shooting is narrowly relevant to the Finns and a few Russian buffer states that have to fight on the snow. I don't hate it as much as I just never think about it.
>>
>>32566084
>you think this sport is boring and a shitty version of what it used to be because you're intimidated!
Jesus, do you think I find Amy Schumer to be an unfunny fat cunt because the thought of a strong empowered woman makes me feel emasculated? Don't quit your day job.
>>
>>32553145
the entire point is that you are completely fucked when you get to the shooting station from having sprint skated

im sure you could outshoot elite athletes who ski for 3-4 minutes with their heart rate at 200bpm and then have to deal with that when shooting

>comparing hiking around with a pack to anything closeto the speeds these people ski at for short bursts and have hearts the size of horses
>>
>>32559476
I would like to join the RPG Biathlon team too
>>
File: fencing.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fencing.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>32558686
Fencer here, also read by the sword, great book.

But there is no reason we can't have realistic 3 gun contest in the Olympics. I don't see the direct comparison to dueling / classical fencing / sport fencing.

P.S. epee is best weapon
>>
>>32567777
Lies, Sabre is best weapon. Toe touching is geeey
>>
>>32567777
>P.S. epee is best weapon
Toe poker, please go.
>>
File: 1483660489659.png (659KB, 625x631px) Image search: [Google]
1483660489659.png
659KB, 625x631px
>>32567807
>muh drama queen screaming match

LMAO sure thing buddy.

Also

>right of gay
>>
>>32567818
>Toe poker
delet this
>>
File: 1434276862002.jpg (111KB, 820x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1434276862002.jpg
111KB, 820x1200px
>>32552935

They should go back to shooting real rifles, but I love watching northern European women in tight suits and gazing at their vulvas printing through the tights.
>>
File: 1477372957001.jpg (123KB, 831x639px) Image search: [Google]
1477372957001.jpg
123KB, 831x639px
>>32553818

Poor bastard. Nature is so cruel.
>>
>>32557302

>duel wielding
>>
>>32553818
girl on the left is looking straight at the camera with open eyes
feel so bad for this guy SO ALL YOU fuckers here who live in the basement or the attic and look normal have it good compared to this guy

at least the guy can walk in the street and keep an eye on the road and the other on the titties
>>
File: 500px-MB34SG3.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
500px-MB34SG3.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>32567864
>>duel
>>
>>32567728
>if we're an hour blablabla
Not even in dream whatever the conditions.
They are athletes, top tier marksman, most of them are gun fags and many are militaries. Do you really think they are at the olympics by accident?
You can still beat them in a banjo contest though...
>>
>>32552935
I like how an entire comprehensive theory of shot accuracy can be expressed by the placement of one elbow.
>>
>>32565765
the entire point is to take mechanical variations out and leave it absolutely down tot he shooters personal skill

Otherwise whoever has the most accurate rifle will win
>>
>>32554927
>>32565642
Implying
Thread posts: 227
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.