[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to get my first bolt gun. Gonna be killing paper, various

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (47KB, 288x193px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47KB, 288x193px
Looking to get my first bolt gun. Gonna be killing paper, various bullshit I think up and durr. I want to go with the Tikka T3, but I can't decide if I want a .308 or .30-06. Is there any reason I shouldn't get the Tikka or should go with one cartridge over the other? I'm leaning towards .308 over the slight difference in kick and price, don't LEOs generally use .308?
>>
>>32548903
For paper? 308 will better simply because of cost. Tikka makes good rifles, you'll hear that alot around here.
>>
>>32548903
Might as well get the .308 unless you plan on elk hunting or something. And Tikka makes fine rifles.

Two words of advice:

1) Get the best scope you can afford. A plain 3x9 Burris will run under $200 from Opticsplanet.com and has a lifetime warrantee.

2) Get a trigger job. Your local gunsmith can prolly do it for $50 or so. Everyone, EVERYONE shoots better with a good trigger.

Give us a range report when your rig is together. Oh, and use Gunbot to find cheap shooting fodder.
>>
Tikka is solid and both rounds have pros and cons.

308 is cheaper off the shelf and smaller and lighter per round.

30-06 has better custom loads and may be more available on shelves during a panic. It's bigger requiring a long action and weighs more per round.
>>
>>32549881
Does Tikka make a short action?I freely admit I don't know.
>>
>>32549892
I believe all of their T3 guns use the same receiver; .223 or 300WM. They just have different mags (with built in internal blocks for the short cartridges) and bolt stops to make the 'short actions' feel like short actions.
>>
>>32548903
Tikka T3 in .308 would be a wonderful choice. If you want to spend a bit more money on a better but similar cartridge you can go for 6.5 creedmoor instead.
>>
Tikka rifles are cheap. That isn't to say they don't do the job or look alright doing it, they do, but there's little reason to pick it over say a Howa. That said, the rifle is a long action only IIRC so you may as well get a .30-06, the shit is literally everywhere even when there's a panic, and cheap .308 is generally surplus or foreign bullshit that would be wasted in a rifle so accurate. If you're planning on just plinking from time to time .308 makes more sense. Still, there isn't shit a .30-06 will take that a .308 can't, so don't lose sleep over it.
>>
ain't many problems that can't be fixed'
with 700 dollars and a 30.06
>>
>>32549809

Ive heard that the tikka t3 triggers are so good out the box that there really isnt an aftermarket for them.

Also watch a video of someone working the bolt. Pure fucking sex.
>>
>>32550675
>Tikka rifles are cheap

how so? I've always seen them highly spoken of...
>>
>>32554260
They aren't. Howa rifles are okay, the Tikkas are nicer however.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.