[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm thinking about selling my AR for $900-$1000 and buying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 8

File: AR.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
AR.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I'm thinking about selling my AR for $900-$1000 and buying a Kel-Tec RDB for $1035. The bullpup design philosophy has always appealed to me and the RDB seems to be the best 5.56 bullpup on the market, especially for the price of about $1K. Personally I prefer the RDB over the Tavor. The Tavor has a horrible trigger that feels like a LEGO brick, more weight, and added bulk compared to the RDB.

Thoughts? Advice?
>>
File: thumbnail1-big[1].png (132KB, 1170x504px) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail1-big[1].png
132KB, 1170x504px
This is the RDB.
>>
Sick blog post.

Did you build that AR yourself or did it come from the factory like that? If you did it yourself, expect to get about 500 if you're lucky. 550 if you throw the primary arms in.
>>
File: fEUtLY2.jpg (932KB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
fEUtLY2.jpg
932KB, 4032x3024px
>>32547021
I have a RDB and honestly, unless you just want a bullpup for the sake of having one I wouldn't. It's a good gun but it's not gonna beat out a $1000 AR in anything but size.
>>
>>32547045
Built it myself. I already have an interested potential buyer for a posting asking $1000. He's willing to drive 50 minutes to come see it tomorrow, so I doubt he'll try to lowball me too much.

>>32547087
I really, really do want a bullpup. I've always been interested in the AUG and Tavor, but they've had some major shortcomings that the RDB/RFB rifles seems to solve quite well.

How do you like yours? What's bad about it? What's good?
>>
>>32547107
>but they've had some major shortcomings that the RDB/RFB rifles seems to solve quite well.
Elaborate
>>
100 shipped for the scope and mount
>>
File: hTYD5FSh.jpg (275KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
hTYD5FSh.jpg
275KB, 768x1024px
>>32547107
I've only put 200 rounds through mine. Takes a minute to dial in the gas, or at least mine did. Also the way it dumps brass can send hot shells into your pockets or down your shirt if you're wearing something low cut.

Other than that it's pretty nice. Won't take it over my FS2000 though.
>>
>>32547107
>but they've had some major shortcomings that the RDB/RFB rifles seems to solve quite well.
lol, like? The AUG is a masterpiece.
>>
>>32547466
The trigger on the RDB feels centuries ahead of the AUG or Tavor military style triggers. I understand the AUG and Tavor both come from a military heritage so they need a big, rugged, reliable trigger, but when it comes to comfort shooting the weapon and accuracy the RDB is way better in that regard.

Bullpups have always struggled with finding a way to eject reliably in a way comfortable for the shooter. The RDB solves this issue with the rearward downward ejection port which means you don't get brass all over your cheek and nose as you switch around firing positions. I think it's the F2000 that tried ejecting out the front of the weapon, but if I recall correctly that created some reliability issues. The RDBs downward ejection seems to be very reliable judging from reviewers that have shot thousands of rounds through it.

Those are the two main things I was talking about.
>>
>>32547568
What? There are no problems with ejection on the AUG or the FS2000. The AUG trigger can be helped with a Neu, which I think is also available for the FS2000.
>>
>>32547568
>if I recall correctly that created some reliability issues
I've never seen or heard of anything. Only "issue" is using shitty ammo you have to turn the gas port to adverse or you'll get a jam. Otherwise it functions fine, even when shot vertically (well, as fine as blanks will allow).
>>
It honestly sounds like youve made up your mind already. Go with god, then.
>>
>>32547539
>The AUG is a masterpiece.
It certainly is, I've always loved them. I'm definitely not trying to give the impression that I think the AUG is bad, because it's not. Hell, I'll probably buy an A3 someday if I find a nice one at a gun show.

The AUG weighs 9 pounds though and has one of the worst, if not THE worst triggers I've ever experienced in my life. It's not perfect by any means, but it is great.
>>
Nobody will pay $1000 for a home built AR

Try $600
>>
>>32547021
Lol that garbage AR is not worth 1000 bucks. It's worth maybe 5 or 600.
>>
>>32547617
>>32547630
Actually I've decided to keep my FrankenAR and buy the RDB separately. I don't want to sell my perfectly functioning AR at a loss then buy a weapon which may or may not be reliable.
>>
File: Billabong_Mirror_Mirror_Pant.webm (2MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
Billabong_Mirror_Mirror_Pant.webm
2MB, 404x720px
>>32547021
guys, is this a shill thread?
>>
>>32547636
How much do rifles and optics depreciate in value? I don't have any experience with buying or selling used ARs.

Regardless, see this post: >>32547645
>>
>>32547653
Quickly as fuck
>>
>>32547653
A franken AR that wasn't worth 1k to begin with an a Primary Arms optic?

Quickly.
>>
Is kel tec a belgian company?
>>
>>32547738
American company.
>>
>>32547738
No. George Kellgren(?) is a Swede however.
>>
File: 2000px-Logo_Kel-Tec.svg[1].png (65KB, 2000x990px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Logo_Kel-Tec.svg[1].png
65KB, 2000x990px
>>32547738
You tell me...
>>
>>32547747
Then why do all their guns look like waffles?
>>
File: G1h11mQ[1].png (936KB, 944x655px) Image search: [Google]
G1h11mQ[1].png
936KB, 944x655px
>>32547771
>>
>>32547617
There's at least 700 bucks of parts in it you fucking Jew.
>>
>>32548072
Did you quote the wrong post? Anyway yeah I'd say $700-$800 from that optic and upper. The lower is as standard as standard gets but the BCM uppers are 10/10.
>>
>>32547630
>>32547045

y'all underestimate how dumb people are on gunbroker. I sold a mostly PSA build with a decent rail and NiB bcg for just under a grand. Just gotta write up a description using trendy operator words.
>>
>>32548097
Yes...I did quote the wrong post. Fucking several times my phone has enabled that. Hm, anyway I was saying to the guy who was all "urrr dur 500 bucks".

I see 700 bucks being as high as a person will get out of a home build. It's one thing to get jewed to 500 from a shop so they can make money but you know they would put it up for 900 plus.

I would also not advice op to be interested in trading an AR for anything kel-tec. Assuming the AR is mechanically sound and shit's in spec.
>>
>>32548140
OP here. Today's cost for all the parts I have new is $1116.94. I paid a bit over $1200 a couple years ago. Isn't the rule of thumb about 65-75% value on used weapons in good shape? Wouldn't that be right around $800 based on the value of the parts today?
>>
>>32548443
Well, what condition is said parts in? I said 700 bucks without explaining any details. I do think that unless your rifle is like new, and being the end of the holidays people probably aren't looking to spend near a grand.

I still think you shouldn't buy a kel-tec. Nothing good comes from their products man...If you're rifle is gtg, keep it.
>>
>>32548443
I'll give ya 400 shipped famerino
>>
>>32548547
>I still think you shouldn't buy a kel-tec. Nothing good comes from their products man
Even if I keep my AR and buy an RDB separately? I've heard from pretty much everybody that Kel-Tec post-2010 makes some quality stuff and actually listens to customer and reviewer feedback. Just look at the RDB pre-production reviewer models. It had some magazine feed issues with Pmags and issues with steel .223 ammo. Reviewers reported the problems and Kel-Tec responded by thanking them for the feedback and fixing it in the production models.

Why all the hate for their stuff? The internet seems to hate Kel-Tec.
>>
>>32548547
>Well, what condition is said parts in?
Why don't I post a picture and you tell me? I'm serious. What do you want to see?
>>
>>32548591
>Why all the hate for their stuff? The internet seems to hate Kel-Tec.
Because they have little/no experience with their products.
>>
>>32548137
>trendy operator words
any tips for a good write-up?
>>
>>32548607
not that guy, but post a parts list.
>>
>>32548838
Tactical Chris Costa M4gery GTG
>>
>>32548607
If I was buying it I would look at the bolt lugs, take the stripped carrier and feel if there's any concerning drag on the gas tube, make sure the buffer face has typical gap distance when it gets pushed back from the carrier, and inspect the extension tube for being torqued down well, straight butt stock, staking I could do but someone will want to see it.

I'd go back to the carrier and see if they reamed it well and see how the rings feel. I'd look at the rings, too. Make sure the gas key is straight. (Rarely, a heat treat can warp them). Finally I'd look down the bore, see if she's not some shit barrel with tool marks. Assuming it's not chrome lined.
>>
>>32548849
BCM Standard 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group w/ BCM KMR- *ALPHA* 15" Handguard
BCM Gunfighter charging handle
BCM Gunfighter bolt carrier group
1:7 twist rate, chrome lined bore and chamber with manganese phosphate barrel finish

The lower is super standard DTI, nothing fancy. Mil-spec everything, nothing great. Didn't even upgrade to a Magpul stock or anything, just vanilla A2 adjustable stock.

Optic is the PA ACSS 1x-6x.
>>
File: nPS1i0s.jpg (895KB, 3200x2394px) Image search: [Google]
nPS1i0s.jpg
895KB, 3200x2394px
>>32547589
There are if you're wronghanded. The leftie bolt cost me ~$180.

Also, the Neu is GOAT, just sayin'
>>
>>32550452

The thing is ARs are cheaper than ever and people bought a blue million of them in anticipation of Queen HilDogg. Now people are offloading them.

The sort of guy that buys a used Frankengun does not care about BCM or whatever, and although BCM is a good answer respectable maker, they do not have the brand association and therefore demand the value from normies that a Colt would.

With the optic you might get 800 at a major stretch. If that guy drives to meet you and isn't blowing smoke about a meet up ge is going to finger fuck it, make up some shit, and low ball you then hide behind the excuse that he drove an hour to get there so you should compromise. And you should, your asking price is too high and ARs are in the toilet value wise due to saturation and AWB fear fatigue.
>>
>>32550617
>And you should, your asking price is too high
Suggestions?
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.