[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, redpill me on hearing protection such as Peltors. What should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

>>
File: 1361852_0.jpg (47KB, 1000x509px) Image search: [Google]
1361852_0.jpg
47KB, 1000x509px
>>32536842
Foam plugs if you need cheap and effective.
Pic related if you're willing to spend $35
Anything else if you don't give a shit about wasting money to look operator, which sounds perfect for a faggot like you who uses "redpill" unironically.
>>
>>32536873
I have pic related and can vouch for their effectiveness, they don't look bad either.
>>
>LE EBIN REDPILL XDD
Do some research and fuck off to your containment board.
>>
File: 1483412997597.jpg (152KB, 820x820px) Image search: [Google]
1483412997597.jpg
152KB, 820x820px
OP, I use foam inserts made from the fat of Jews.

I own 6 Billion earplugs.

They work quite well.
>>
>>32536939
>vouch for their effectiveness
Have you used any others to compare them to?
>>
>>32536842
>redpill
Don't you have a gay orgy you need to be at?
>>
>>32537043
no, so I guess my word does not mean that much in retrospect
it is nice however to not hear gunshots but you can turn up the volume and hear everything else (voices, footsteps etc) super clearly
>>
>>32537097
lul thought so
>>
>>32536842
>redpill

No.
>>
>>32536842
I have been a Firearms Instructor for 15 years, and have had 3 sets of Peltor 6s. They are great for hearing range commands from an instructor, or hearing someone else having problems. Not Waterproof though. :(
They are invaluable if you take a training course!
>>
>>32536842
The only red pill I can give you is for people with a bad thyroid gland.
It won't affect your hearing either way.
>>
>>32537053
No, it was earlier this morning. Thanks for your concern.
>>
>>32536842
Well OP, if you don't us-EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE...

That's why.
>>
Am I the only person who cannot get a good cheek weld on a rifle with any pair of muffs? This is why I only use ear plugs when I shoot.
>>
>>32539847

I literally came to this thread to ask this question. Even the "low profile" ones are a pain to shoot rifles with.
>>
>>32536975
>research

But I'm lazy.
>>
>>32536842
Get whatever. Its firing with zero earplugs that screws you.

Inftray errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrAreahabaRhahaha faceroll keyboard rmskskdmdsmdmerrrrrrreeeeee ksmdkek
>>
>>32539847
Yes.

Try Peltor Shotgunners if you're still interested in muffs.
>>
File: nickcuck.jpg (268KB, 767x930px) Image search: [Google]
nickcuck.jpg
268KB, 767x930px
Get electronic ones if you can afford them
>>
>>32537227
do you need to drive 15 other cars before you know your car also drives?
the earpro works fine
>>
>>32540187
like $15 at harbor freight
I've never tried them though. Anyone here ever try them?
>>
>>32540649
yeah if you want to "vouch for effectiveness" dumbass
>>
>>32541597
but it was effective, im not deaf
>>
>>32536939
I have a pair that broke randomly after 2 months pretty active shooting. I just use hickok plugs now and they're better for getting a cheekweld anyway.
>>
>>32541749
ill pick up a pair now for later, thx for advice
>>
>>32536842
Well, as you said, Peltors. Get 'em, they last.
>>
>>32536842
MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X are waterproof, Peltors aren't. I also think their MSRP is lower.
>>
>>32541597
Did he use them?
Did they work?
Were they effective at their job?

If so, then one can vouch for their effectiveness
>>
>>32544913
that's interesting because I've heard many horror stories of the battery compartments in the Sordins failing

I wouldn't worry about the Peltor's water resistance, they've proven to be very durable, the only time you'd have an issue is if you decided to go for a dive with them
>>
>>32545073
Oh do share
>>
>>32545244
not that much to share, just a bunch of hearsay googling turned up. apparently TCI made changes in their version of the Sordins to prevent whatever the issue was
>>
>>32537011
This. Foam earplugs are usually in the NR33 range.

No muffs offer anything close to that. They are a meme unless you are wearing them over plugs for dual protection.
>>
>>32541719
not yet at least :^)
>>32544923
yea just like my car is "effective" at hauling lumber because it can carry lumbar attached to the roof. :^)
>>
>>32536873
don't listen to this poor faggot, MSA sordins or peltors are extremely nice if you want or need active hearing protection. they have a much higher quality mic in them so the sound quality of the surrounding area is better than the cheap pair, and they are much more durable, they will last forever and have a good warranty. But if you want ones that "work" and aren't necessarily nice, what he suggested is good also.
>>
peltors and sordins are also two way systems. you can send and receive communications. Im sure you cant do that with the foam plugs or howard leighs which i do own and they are good. Plus, peltors/sordins really make you look like you are a socom and shit. That's the only reason id ever get them, because they look cool. Otherwise, why drop all that dough on them.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.