[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it still considered Stolen Valor if you're a member of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 9ed2fbfb.jpg (96KB, 486x700px) Image search: [Google]
9ed2fbfb.jpg
96KB, 486x700px
Is it still considered Stolen Valor if you're a member of the military who lies or embellishes their service record?
>>
>>32536670
If it is pretty much every service member I know would be guilty of it.

Not necessarily lying to civilians, but everyone I know (including myself) has embellished something about their time in service. I mean, who wants to hear the story of me jacking off in the barracks or spamming out of some detail? No one. However everyone likes the story of when I almost took a Brad off the side of a cliff because I was retarted and an E2 and couldn't really differentiate shit while driving at night

[spoiler] it was more of a hill than a cliff [/spoiler]
>>
>>32536698
*shamming

Fucking autocorrect
>>
>>32536698
>bullshit war stories
Everyone does it.

>saying you were a MARSOC SEAL Beret Delta Ranger when you weren't
Still stolen valor.
>>
>>32536670
>lies or embellishes their service record?
yes, fraud is fraud.

some exaggeration of events is acceptable, but your "no shit, there I was" story has to be mostly true.
>>
File: best_beer_bellies_17.jpg (45KB, 510x567px) Image search: [Google]
best_beer_bellies_17.jpg
45KB, 510x567px
>>32536860
What if you're actually a special forces memeber but you embellish your war stories? Kind of like Chris Kyle, Andy McNab, Chris Ryan, Peter Ratcliffe, Colin Maclachlan, Marcus Luttrell, Matt Bissonnette, Brandon Webb, Christopher Lee, Philip Sessarego or Tom Carew?
>>
>>32536670
why would someone want to lie about being in the military. its not like america has won a war since wwii. now the army is full of homos. blacks, and trannys.
>>
>>32536698
This

I don't think I've ever heard one single story from a vet that wasn't exaggerated, and I'm sure there we a few stories that might have actually happened but not necessarily to the person telling it.

I think there is a big difference between embellishment and straight up fraud
>>
>>32537143
>SAS
>special author service
>>
>>32536670
If you are using the lie to get systematic material benefits, yes. Just like, any other kind of stolen valor case.

You guys know that some random civilian just lying to people about having been in the military isn't even "stolen valor" unless they are using it to fraudulently get material benefits, right? It's super douchey, and socially unacceptable to most, but it ain't stolen valor.
>>
>>32537932
SAS vs Delta:

Cool nicknames
>SAS
Fancy equipment
>Delta
Creative writing
>SAS
Creative lying
>Both
Biting off more than they could chew in every instance
>Both
Facial hair
>SAS
Hating the rest of the Army
>Delta
Questionable private security operations
>Both
>>
The general rule of thumb is that if it lets you have sex with someone it's acceptable.
>>
If they lie about killing 100 gooks then no, if they wear a fake purple heart everywhere, then yes.
>>
>>32536670
Yes
>>
>>32536670
Most men and soilders lyie to get laid all the time so whats the difference really
>>
>>32537932
during the SAS selection and training they are required to attend a grueling creative writing course to pass

If I can remember the SEALs also go though similar creative writing exercises

the SEALs focus more with exersises in conjuring up unconfirmable but believable combat stories, meanwhile the SAS focus more on training their soldiers to become proficient in ways to blame any shortcomings on fallen comrades or the SBS or MI6 (or literally anyone but themselves)
>>
As a former In-flight Missile Mechanic in the US Air Force, I find this thread amusing.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.