[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the hell is Metal Gear 5 the olny game with anything simmilar

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

Why the hell is Metal Gear 5 the olny game with anything simmilar to Rhodesian operators?
>>
Rhodies aren't really seen as the good guys anywhere but /k/ and places like it. Not mainstream enough for the attention of many developers.
>>
>>32534996
>wearing shorts
>vaguely FAL-ish looking rifle
>they must be rhodesian
please go away and don't come back
>>
File: 1478890124004.png (556KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
1478890124004.png
556KB, 600x423px
>>32534996
Kaz actually mentions some mercs are actually previous Rhodie Selous Scouts. It's cool that Kojima is actually autistic enough to know anything of the subject.
Fact of the matter is, there aren't too many games taking place in the bush. Only other 2 I can think of that actually even take place in Africa are Far Cry 2 and RE5.
>>
>>32534996
I could see a Bush war mod for Rising Storm 2 coming out in the future.

There is enough of an Autistic following to Rhodesia for it to happen.
>>
>>32535079
Are you even fucking literate dipshit? I clearly said "simmilar to Rhodesian operators".
>>
>>32535089
>>32535098
It's a touchy subject for any AAA dev to think about, as any support that is not 100% in favor of the ZANU terrorists would get Vice and Mother Jones in a tizzy.
>>
>>32535089
Far cry 2 was my jam
Retarded guns kinda ruined it tho
>>
>>32535098great idea, would take a lot of work doe
>>
>>32534996
>>32535127
>simmilar
>not just one, but twice

yeh, i didn need nun a dat dere edumacation
>>
>>32535089
SABOW and Graviteam Tactics Operation Hooper

but they aren't FPS/TPS
>>
>>32535206
Oh yes pointing out grammatical mistakes will surely cover up the fact that you cant even comprehend a full sentence.
>>
>>32535221
Holy shit dude thanks, I never knew Graviteam ever went outside of ww2
>>
>>32535311
I'm not even the same anon, honestly I don't know why he didn't agree with you, they obviously are modeled after rhodesians

that doesn't excuse your writing though

*banjo plays*
*tips trucker hat*
>>
>>
>>32535156
No person who would dedicate time to make a Bush War mod would care about their opinions
>>
>>32535363
>One person
>AAA developers

I swear /k/ has the worst reading comprehension on this damn chan.
>>
>>32535311
>grammatical mistakes
It was a spelling mistake, it had nothing to do with grammar. Do you just use big words you don't know the meaning of trying to sound smarter?
>>
>>32535341
>CIA supports King Nigger to keep Angola Independence from commies
>Whole continent willingly goes commie anyway

wew lad
>>
>>32535079
They tell you in the game that the South African mercenaries are comprised partly of Rhodesians.
>>
>>32535377
Why would you reply to a post talking about modders then?

Anyways, I remember how the 2010 medal of honor reboot caught a lot of flak for allowing people to play as the taliban in multi-player. In response, the developers just renamed the taliban to OpFor and all was well. I'm sure a studio wanted to make a Bush War game they could do something similar
>>
>>32535127
Actually you're wrong, they have Rhodesians in Coyote. Not similar, there are Rhodesians in it.
>>
>>32535079
They are Rhodesian lad
>>
>>32536299
>Rhodesians in full force in Angola
Unless they started colonizing africa its a PMC group that operated in short shorts because Africa hot.
>>
File: 1470121175595.jpg (93KB, 535x707px) Image search: [Google]
1470121175595.jpg
93KB, 535x707px
>>32536365
ex-RDF soldiers operated with the SADF adter the dissolution of Rhodesia's armed forces in 1979, I don't think it'd be too far fetched to say some could have done contract work elsewhere, especially since the particular ops in MGSV are kind of a big deal.
pic related
>>
>>32534996
>You can capture, deploy and play as a Rhodesian
>You get a bastard G3 and FAL battle rifle
>Can't pick shorts
Almost had it, also I'm miffed when I over heard some black mercs talking about the South Africans in their company being full apartheid, and the Rhodesians as well. Then the other guy says they're not all so bad.
>>
are short shorts the new roman battle skirts?
>>
File: very important.jpg (59KB, 960x539px) Image search: [Google]
very important.jpg
59KB, 960x539px
Rhodesia was a MISTAKE - SAD!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.