[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why we sent the army to fight the Germans. > surrender rate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6849.jpg (117KB, 736x587px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6849.jpg
117KB, 736x587px
Why we sent the army to fight the Germans.

> surrender rate
>fighting in urban enviroments gives you a roof over your head
> not exposed to element a as much
> can sleep on a fucking couch

marines had to fight the savage gook in fucking jungles with no shelter, exposed to the elements against an enemy that made the U.S drop 2 a bombs. tickets would rarely surrender. suicide grenades. banzai charges. disease.

seriously why do we even have the us army? marines could have fought in Europe better than them. but they couldn't do beach landings for shit. Normandy was a shit show. marines fought in ww1 on the ground.
>>
army men are too valuable for society to send into the grinder
average muhreen with IQ<80 was disposable enough
>>
>>32534708

tfw 3 times more army divisions than marine divisions fought in the pacific
>>
>>32534708
>Army bailed the Marines out on Guadalcanal
>Army bailed the Marines out on Okinawa
>Army takes New Guinea and Phillipines
>Army takes entire North Pacific
>Army handles Burma/China campaigns
>Army would have been main effort in the Invasion of Japan
>Army ended the war (USAAF)
>>
>>32534742
>implying army soldiers are more intelligent than marines
>>
>>32534742
this
>>
>>32534708
Marines get way too much fucking credit from civilians. I will never understand why.
>>
>>32534708
>not exposed to element as much
>can sleep on a fucking couch

Yeah, freezing your legs solid in a foxhole during the Ardennes Counteroffensive must have been super comfy.
>>
>>32534814

Eh, the Army didn't really bail the Marines out at Guadalcanal. The writing was on the wall for the Japs by the time the Army got involved. Most of the effort had been completed, and the Marines had been chewed up and spit out, and most of them had malaria.
>>
>>32535362
>>
>>32535362
>THE FEW, THE PROUD, THE MUHREENS
>WE AINT SOLDIERS, WUN MUHREEN IS WURTH THREE SOLDIERS
>WER ALMERST SPESHUL FERCES
>MUHREEN PT IS SOOO HERD WER SOOO BADASS
>OOH-RAH :DDD
It's a mystery.
>>
>>32535454
It's true and you know it. Every piece of media, from movies to videogames, shows the marines being some hardass elite unit that goes in when the Army can't do the job right because it's a bungling mess of idiots.

I'm not even an Armyfag. I'm a civilian. But I will NEVER understand why Marines get jerked off so much by us. Yea they have a cool brotherhood culture "oorah" and all that jazz, but for the love of Christ stop treating them like super soldiers.
>>
>>32535454
I've met people who honest to god think that a marine is on par with a SEAL.
>>
There were more soldiers in the Pacific campaign than the Marines during the entire war.

The Army also fought at Bougainville, New Guinea, defended and took back the Philippines, and fought with the Marines on both Guadalcanal and Okinawa.
>>
>>32535413
^this
>>
>>32535531
they fought at Iwo Jima too (a single Infantry Regiment)
>>
>>32534708
>fight against spooky fearless maniacs
>fight against competent well-organized veterans
both sound p shit t b h
>>
>>32535523
Ironic considering the SEALS have basically the SF equivalent of the muhreen fanboyism.
>>
>>32534708
the army fought in the Pacific too
>marines are this insecure
>>
>>32535494
If being a Marine is so hard, why aren't you one?

:^)
>>
>>32535851
Because four or, God forbid, eight years down the road I'd be right back where I am now.
>>
>>32535870
>What is a career?
>>
>>32535892
Why would I want a career in the fucking Marines?
>>
>>32535892
>career marine

Kill
Your
Self
>>
>>32535928
I dunno lets see, if you went the route I'm taking theres:
>Free College with your choice of degree
>Choice of MOS within the Marines, given you qualify
>Receiving a commission as an Officer
>Free healthcare
>Free housing if you live on base
>Getting to see the world and meet new people
>Literally the best gun club around

Pretty good for me famalam
>>
>>32536030
>free
Paid by taxes =/= free
>>
File: 1482186426994.jpg (120KB, 750x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1482186426994.jpg
120KB, 750x1024px
Post yfw marine babies realize the 8th Air Force alone suffered more KIA than the entire Marine Corps in WWII.
>>
>>32536030
Stop trying to talk some rando on 4chan into joining the Marines. I was in the Marines, people don't want to join,they most definitely shouldn't.

Its like you're a recruiter and tracked his IP and knows he's near your station.
>>
>>32536109
Yeah it's not like I pay taxes or anything
>>
>>32536167
Not trying to convince him, just stating the pros

>Recruiters
>Lets go to Red Lobster and get these papers signed
>>
>>32534708

Marines are naval infantry which is why they were in the Pacific

Army fights on land which is why they were in Europe.
>>
File: 1479882778084.gif (2MB, 1064x734px) Image search: [Google]
1479882778084.gif
2MB, 1064x734px
>>
>>32536209
Is this because the Marines are the American equivalent of the Waffen SS?
>>
>>32536209
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>32536307
insanely overhyped infantry that were on par with regular wehrmacht units circa 1944?
>>
>>32536209
There's a reason why the background picture isn't up in Wikipedia anymore :^)
>>
>>32536209
>American education
Really fires my salad folder
>>
>>32536201
But they weren't just in Europe. The Army completely retook the Philippines, and fought in numbers and with distinction in New Guinea, China, Burma, Okinawa, and even Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima.
>>
>>32534847
Smart enough to not go in the jungle.
>>
>>32534708
The decline of Army started after WW2 because the public wanted looser discipline. This is also the mayor source of muh-reen mythos - in Korea many Army soldiers didn't know how to field strip their rifle while Marines were capable even during their first battle, let alone later on(see the difference between the Kuni-Ri and Chonsin reservoir).
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.