[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't the utilization of dogs in warfare, on a massive

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: C1U2NXVWIAAuqWv.jpg (41KB, 498x375px) Image search: [Google]
C1U2NXVWIAAuqWv.jpg
41KB, 498x375px
Why didn't the utilization of dogs in warfare, on a massive scale, never become a thing?

>Takes only like 3 years for a dog to become fully grown and trained
>You can feed it scraps of meat, potatoes, apples
>Obedient, loyal (to a fault)
>Can take down a full grow man
>Very fast, silent
>Intimidating as fuck when enraged
>Can follow cavalry
>Can be used to pull carts/loads like sled dogs

Just send a 1000 dogs into an enemy camp and let them wreak havoc.
Or send a 1000 dogs at an enemy formation to wreak havoc, before you advance.

And in the modern era, just slap suicide vests onto them.
>>
It isn't nearly worth the effort to throw them into what would amount to suicide attacks. They can't do anything that an unthinking, unfeeling weapons system doesn't do better in combat. They're much better for noncombat roles, where they see use.
>>
>>32534163
Let's take it a step farther. You could genetically engineer wolfs to be the size of a ponies, able to take multiple gunshots and survive than make humans their main food source. What could go wrong?
>>
>>32534163
Russians did. They put suicide vests on dogs and starved them. Then to condition them they'd place food under tanks.

When German panzers showed up they'd release the dog and it'd run at the tank for food. Kaboom.
>>
>>32534196
This program was also a colossal failure.
>>
>>32534206
I never said it was a good idea. Just throwing it out there if people didn't know. We could probably make better vests than they used now days tho.
>>
No one wants to see thier doggo hit a land mine
Morale crushing
>>
>>32534229
The problem wasn't with the explosives, it was with the dogs. Dogs do not make good soldiers, nor do they make good bombs. They lack important things like extreme political conviction and the ability to understand abstract concepts like suicide bombing.
>>
>>32534163
Because people who are able to train and communicate well with dogs would never want to see them hurt, and subhumans who wouldnt mind dogs getting hurt are incapable of forming the required connections with them to train them.
>>
>>32534163
Dogs suck at cyber
>>
because training men to wield guns for a year yields better results than breeding/training dogs for multiple years
>>
>>32534163

an army has more costs than one would think. An army of omnivores marching is great if there is food. A army on herbivores is great if those things eat grass. How much fucking meat do you have laying around an ancient battle ground, to feed and mobilize a dog army?

HAHA, im laughing my ass off at the thought. Huge meat wagons, pulled by horses. Literally, a meat army for a meat grinder of a fight.

Also, domesticated beasts generally revert back to some sort of instinctive behavior, undoing in those moments that matter the training that humans through trauma seem to memorize by instinct. Humans are good at performing actions by muscle memory when the need to do so is neigh, because, they can conceptualize their purpose relative all the other events to focus their attention - beasts for the most part can not.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.