[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello, /k/, I am but a humble poorfag with a wheel grinder.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1476037881839.gif (929KB, 500x284px) Image search: [Google]
1476037881839.gif
929KB, 500x284px
Hello, /k/, I am but a humble poorfag with a wheel grinder. How easy would it be to sharpen one of these bayonets with minimal experience?
https://www.amazon.com/Romanian-AK47-Bayonet-1st-Pattern/dp/B00CSWFHVA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483497148&sr=8-1
>>
>>32529615
They aren't designed to hold an edge that well, it would actually create a cleaner wound.
>>
>>32529625
I heard that they make a decent survival knife, and I can't drop $70 on a k-bar so...
>>
>>32529615
No, not really.
You can still get use out of it, but don't peel potatos or field dress animals. It's not that kind of knife. Don't sharpen the tip.
Use it to baton wood, cut cables, stick to end of AKM and charge for motherland, etc.

You're much better off buying a mora knife.
Actually, just do that.
>>
>>32529800
https://www.amazon.com/Morakniv-Companion-Outdoor-Military-4-1-Inch/dp/B004TNWD40/ref=pd_bxgy_468_3?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=8RYH0TCY399H5JKFXZNN
Like this?
>>
doubt the steel or the heat treatement were chosen for this knife to hold an ege. also grind for a little time and cool it off with water . in case it was actually heat treated. but i'd suggest you'd do it with a file since you have no experience with wheel grinders and will probably fuck up the angle or the alignement of the edge
>>
>>32529615
I got one of these for my se/k/ret santa, among other things, and that kike didn't post it in the thread. fuck you BB in FL
>>
File: 51LLDbZu-SL.jpg (51KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
51LLDbZu-SL.jpg
51KB, 500x357px
>>32529615
protip: after getting a rough edge with the grinder, use the bottom of a coffee mug as a sharpener.
>>
literally just got one in the mail today. matching serial numbers with leather strap and sheath with the rubber thing on it.

best $20 ive ever spent anon. get one.
>>
File: u88SwiEk.jpg-large.jpg (78KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
u88SwiEk.jpg-large.jpg
78KB, 768x1024px
>>32530842

pic related
>>
>>32529625
Two things.
Two, cleaner, smoother wounds take longer to heal.
And one, this anon is correct. You aren't cutting. You're stabbing. And it doesn't take a lot of effort for a grown man to put something as sharp as a pen into another man.
>>
>>32529615
Bayonets are not suppose to have a sharp edge. They are not slaying weapons; they are stabbing weapons. All it needs is to be pointy and you're good.

The reason you don't want it to have a sharp edge is that if you ever did end up stabbing someone in the chest with a shark bayonet, it could cut into the bones of the ribs and possibly get stuck. A dull bayonet, if you stabbed it into someone's chest, would be less likely to cut into the ribs.
>>
>>32531262
*they are not SLASHING weapons.

*stabbing someone in the chest with a SHARP bayonet
>>
How about you stop being a poorfag by not buying useless trinkets and save your money up?

Ever thought of that?
>>
>>32531142
>clean cuts take harder to heal.
No.
>>
>>32531484
Longer.

It's because in a smooth, clean cut, there isn't much surface area for the blood cells to cling on to. With a rough cut, there's a jagged cut that offers a lot of area for the cells to get into.
As well as simply cutting deeper with the same effort if you have a sharper blade.
>>
>>32529725
they do not make decent survival knives
if you want a survival/bushcraft knife get a proper one
and a k-bar isn't even a good survival knife

either get a Mora if you're dirt poor or a Condor Bushlore if you're soil poor
https://www.amazon.com/Condor-CTK232-4-3HC-Walnut-Handle-Bushlore/dp/B002CC6BPM
>>
>>32532205
Whats a good length and width for a machete to be for cutting wood.
>>
>>32532205
>>32529800
Thanks!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.