[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm starting school in Arizona in a week, moving from California.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: akm.jpg (379KB, 2050x1300px) Image search: [Google]
akm.jpg
379KB, 2050x1300px
I'm starting school in Arizona in a week, moving from California. Obviously this is the land of uncucked magazines and scary salt weapons, so of course I'd like to enjoy those freedoms.

I figure I'll have to get an AZ license/ID card since I'll probably be getting a job in the near future as well, but I still won't be considered a resident of AZ. With that being said, does the background check via form 4473 check for residency?

I'm trying to stay within the bounds of the law here, any help would be nice.

pic unrelated
>>
>>32526777
Yes. The 4473 will require current residence.
>>
>>32526777
The 4473 just cares about what address you have on your ID card.
>>
>>32526787
>>32526801
So if I get my AZ license/ID and it has my current Arizona address on it, I should be good to go?

Also, do I need the AZ license itself, or will an ID card suffice? I read somewhere that AZ licenses aren't required for out of state students, even if they have a job. But my car is registered in California, along with the insurance and all that bullshit. The last thing I want is to be denied a sale because of some miscommunication between all the paperwork.
>>
>>32526851

When I moved from CA to Missouri my car was registered in CA for a month or so. They didn't care about that when I filled out a 4473. The fact that I had a Missouri driver's license was enough.

As long as the ID card is a state issued photo ID and lists your current address you are good.
>>
>>32526880
When you got your license, did you have to transfer car registration as well? I understand that different states have different laws and all.
>>
>>32526947
If the car is in your name yes.
>>
>>32526975
It's under my mom's name right now. It won't be under my name until I pay her the ~$2000 for it. Also, do gun stores care if you have a license or a state ID? I don't want them thinking I'm trying to break laws by giving them an AZ id when I also have a CA license in my wallet.
>>
Legally, you can buy long arms from an FFL out of state. It's only handguns and PPTs that you need residency for. The minute you roll into the state, you can walk into the nearest gun store and get an AK or an AR.

Presumably, your family remains in CA, so remember that before you spend a fortune on firearms that you can't take with you if you move home after uni.
>>
>>32526851
>so if I get my AZ License/ ID I can have funs
Yep. That's exactly what I did when I moved here for college. In order to purchase pistols in AZ, you need an Arizona ID. You can still keep your Commifornia License, just get an Arizona state ID (It costs like 20 bucks, and can be created in like an hour at any AZ DMV) and you're good to go on whatever the fuck you want. Good luck smuggling it into Commiefuckia come July, since a lot of storage places don't let you store firearms.

What college are you going to?
>>
>>32527052
The gun store people dont care, just leave your Cali ID in the car just to be on the safe side, since while it is technically legal, they wont sell you shit in some cases (JG Sales and Walleyworld in Prescott, Jersey friend tried buying a pump action shotgun)
>>
>>32526851
>I read somewhere that AZ licenses aren't required for out of state students, even if they have a job.
Because the state considers them residents of wherever they came from. You need to establish residency to be able to buy handguns or PPT any firearms in that state.

You're going to need to do something more to establish yourself, like apply for a license or register to vote.

>But my car is registered in California, along with the insurance and all that bullshit.
Is it registered to you, or your parents? If it's in your parents names, you can get away with leaving it as it is. But if it's in your name, you're going to need to register it in AZ if you're establishing residency there.
>>
>>32527245
University of Arizona.

I take it you just presented your AZ ID and wrote down your current (AZ) address on form 4473, and you were good to go. I have 2 stripped lowers I can now finish in AZ with uncucked mags and mag releases. Pistols are a different matter, since now is the time I can buy all the off roster handguns before moving back.

>>32527282
If I apply for a license, do they take away my CA license? The car is registered in California under my parents name, but I'm also listed as a driver on the insurance along with my CA DL number. The reason getting an AZ license is not my 1st choice is because I fear that they'll take away my CA license, creating a fuckup for my insurance and registration.

The law is also confusing because students aren't considered residents regardless of employment, but a license is required because I will spend more than 7 months of the year in AZ.
>>
>>32527416
Yes they mark your CA license as void
>>
>>32527416
>Pistols are a different matter, since now is the time I can buy all the off roster handguns before moving back.
Not true. CA allows new residents to import off-roster handguns. They do not allow returning residents to do so.
>>
>>32526777
We are full. Stay in CA you cuck cunt.
>>
>>32527416
Moving from one liberal infested shithole (CA) to another liberal infested shithole (Tucson). Should have moved up to the valley and went to ASU. WAY better college chicks up here.
>>
File: fdb.gif (358KB, 210x131px) Image search: [Google]
fdb.gif
358KB, 210x131px
>>32526777
You lucky motherfucker. I almost went to university of arizona or embry riddle but I got last minute into Santa Clara and now I'm stuck here for 5 years. Relatively fewer shitlibs here, and no rioting or any such fuckery after the election. I haven't been harassed for my trump hat. But still the laws keep getting worse and I'm looking for any excuse to move to Texas or some shit
>inb4 muh no room
Fuck off I'm much further right than about half of Texas and I've only ever voted red
>>
>>32528251
>implying they can catch me
>>
OP here, I'm still doing research regarding this issue. All these fucking laws and bullshit just to get myself a Gen 4 G20.

>27 CFR 178.11: MEANING OF TERMS

>An out-of-State college student may establish residence in a State by residing and maintaining a home in a college dormitory or in a location off-campus during the school term.

>ATF Rul. 80-21

"State of residence" is defined by regulation in 27 CFR 178.11 as the State in which an individual regularly resides or maintains a home. The regulation also provides an example of an individual who maintains a home in State X and a home in State Y. The individual regularly resides in State X except for the summer months and in State Y for the summer months of the year. The regulation states that during the time the individual actually resides in State X he is a resident of State X, and during the time he actually resides in State Y he is a resident of State Y.

>Applying the above example to out-of-State college students it is held, that during the time the students actually reside in a college dormitory or at an off-campus location they are considered residents of the State where the dormitory or off-campus home is located. During the time out-of-State college students actually reside in their home State they are considered residents of their home State.

It's kind of obscure, but does this mean I can just get an AZ ID and use that, in conjunction with my rental agreement as proof of residency? Like I said before, I don't want to change drivers licenses since the car isn't in my name (yet) and for insurance purposes.
>>
>>32528536
What about Flagstaff? I might go there but I've heard it's the same liberal shithole commiefornia is.
>>
>>32526777
I go to UofA and tried buying an AR at Tucson Guns and Western Artifacts. I am from Phoenix and have a Phoenix address on my ID and he refused to sell it to me because he said "the id needs to have the address that you are sleeping at tonight". I went to Sportsmans Warehouse after and asked a employee about the rule and he said that they abide by it as well. I just said fuck it and bought it at a Bass Pro the next time i was in Phoenix.

I feel like even though you are a California resident, you may be able to get by with just a Tucson address on a AZ temp id, but the people saying that Gun Store Owners don't care are wrong.
>>
Look faggot
You follow all the rules in AZ
You dont like them
GTFO
>>
>>32531697
To clarify, did you have an ID or driver's license?
>>
>>32526777
if you hold a job in AZ you can get an AZ license iirc, looked into this a couple months ago when I was considering moving there.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.