[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/k/, how do you resist waterboarding? have you ever been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 126
Thread images: 22

File: inception water boarding.jpg (103KB, 724x301px) Image search: [Google]
inception water boarding.jpg
103KB, 724x301px
/k/, how do you resist waterboarding?

have you ever been waterboarded?
>>
>>32526011
Water boreding vary hard not a easy thing to do. It is hard to keep balance but with practise no worry. Exept for sharks they are big worry so must be careful
>>
>>32526032
Fucking kek
>>
>>32526011
You have to suppress the "OH FUCK I'M DROWNING" reflex. But if it keeps up you WILL drown.
>>
>>32526127
not OP
but i've never understood why it happens

like, the interrogator needs you alive, not dead, so he won't let you drown and die, why panic? you'll live
>>
>>32526141
Survival instinct is a motherfucker, and drowning/other forms of asphyxiation is one of the easiest ways to trigger that instinct. Intellectually, you might know that your captor isn't going to kill you. Instinctively, you're fucking drowning.
>>
looks pretty easy. I'd do it for $100. if crowder can do it so can I.
>>
>>32526784
>if crowder can do it so can I
kek.

Only if it's by a buff navy seal and I get to live out my gay Santa torture fantasy...
>>
>>32526011
Sorry, you can't 'resist torture' you can only resist interrogation.
>>
>>32526141
Your conscience knows you won't die, but not your sub-conscience. As such, survival instincts kick in and cannot be overridden so you're in full panic until it's all over.
>>
File: Shallow_Water_Blackout.jpg (53KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Shallow_Water_Blackout.jpg
53KB, 640x360px
>>32526127
>>32526141
They can resuscitate you, people borderline drown and blackout all the time in the .mil dive and indoc schools, they pull you out, pound on that chest, and give you some breaths.
>>
>>32526011
Maybe if you took a big breath before and as they start pouring water on your face you exhale slowly but consistently out of your nose? Never tried it and dont really plan to but thats all I can think of.
>>
>>32527554
They'll hold your nose.
>>
Practice everyday since 10yo with a washcloth and shower.

It takes a long time before you can breathe comfortably, but it can be done. It's honestly relaxing to me now.

However, the second they see you being unaffected, you are going to start losing testicles and toes.
>>
>>32527554
I tried it myself, put a wet washcloth over my face in the shower and tried to do an old shallow breathing technique i'd been taught years ago as part of meditation. Short story shorter, there's no way not to suck the water down your face and panic, the effect was almost immediate and i had full control the whole time.
>>
>>32527598
I swear the reason they tip you back is exactly so it goes down your nose because that sensation is where the involuntary drowning reflex comes from, like if you tried forward rolls underwater as a kid without holding your nose, the water rushing up forces you to the surface spluttering. Otherwise you could hold your mouth closed and hold your breath, or if they hold your mouth open somehow bite the fuckers, or worst case try drinking the water? Who knows, not an expert on waterboarding, but most pics or vids ive seen they cloth over your mouth and nose, tip you back and pour.
>>
>>32527634
This sounds pretty accurate, well known that all torture achieves is getting the guy to blurt out the quickest lie he can think of to make you stop. Then theres a point where theyve taken so much off you and fucked you up so bad you probably just want death.
>>
>>32526175
>>32527514
You guys are faggots, you can learn to control this reflex from doing choke drills.
>>
File: waterboarding.png (258KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
waterboarding.png
258KB, 2400x1800px
>>32527686
Yeah, that and so it doesn't fill your lungs.

>>32527738
Have you had water fill you airways? About the only way to train that.
>>
>>32527708
Yeah you might lie initially, but they won't stop until the truth comes out. It's just a matter of time. That's what SERE teaches. Not how to not break, but to give you a timeframe of when you will break.

Everyone breaks. You don't have a choice
>>
Just control your breathing and only breath through your nose. It's just like sucking dick.
>>
>>32527965
>That's what SERE teaches. Not how to not break, but to give you a timeframe of when you will break.
>Everyone breaks. You don't have a choice

What's the point then if everyone breaks?
>>
File: Abu_Ghraib_56.jpg (30KB, 455x343px) Image search: [Google]
Abu_Ghraib_56.jpg
30KB, 455x343px
>>32528122
So you can better administer the methods knowing each ones effectiveness and timeliness.
>>
>>32526011
some friends and i duct taped my friends younger brother to a lawn chair, then we water-boarded him. middle school was crazy
>>
>>32528122
Some can take more.
Some people might think you wont tell, but in fact, it will just take a little more.
Some can feed the false truths.
>>
>>32528186
tell us more plz
>>
>>32528186
Develop your hypothesis
>>
>>32527965
what timeframe would that be?
>>
>>32527965
How do they know you're lying? If they know everything then why would they need to torture you?
>>
>>32527965
Thats exactly why it used to be 'I cannot answer that question' to anything but name, rank, number, d.o.b, but now you can start feeding them false or misleading intel if they get the pliers out.
>>
>>32526011
Everytime my sinuses are running and while I sleep.
>>
>>32526141
This is what gets most people through SERE school.
>>
How do you break a broken man when his worldview has been realigned to blame the nearest living thing for all that's wrong in the world?
>>
>>32527965

This is why it's very important for military leadership to know when someone is captured as soon as possible. That way they can scramble up tactics, locations. etc. So whenever that person breaks and tells the truth it doesn't matter anyway and is essentially useless information.
>>
>>32526141
Its an involuntary response ya dingus.
>>
>>32528122
So that by the time you give them the information they want it has become outdated and whatever you were trying to protect has been moved.
>>
curl your upper lip to block your nostrils.
>>
>>32527634

Minute someone threatens my crotch is the minute I'd start telling them the secrets to how to get past St Peter's fucking pearly gates and even the coke formula and mcdonald's secret sauce.
>>
>>32526011
>Waterboarding somebody when I can just break one of their knuckles with some channel locks every time they don't answer my question
>>
>>32528950
What if you run out of knuckles?
>>
Waterboarding is fucking man breaking.

Screwed around with friends when we were younger and dumber. One of them was older, big hero to the rest of us since he fought off a dude with a knife a year before. Never any fear, big proud guy.

On a dare he took a waterboard, because we were idiots.

Seeing someone that strong that you always think of as unflappable be reduced to a panicked squealling in that short a time is just disturbing. That shit doesn't just cause you physical issues, it completely fucks any hint of pride or shame you think you have and turns you into a mewling humiliated kid. I can't imagine how that feels to any guys thinking they can try to stay strong through it if it were for real.
>>
>>32528971
Do the old CIA trick of tying/taping someones legs together at the knees and step them off a table, pops the kneecaps quite well apparently
>>
>>32528392
>How do they know you're lying?
By asking questions for which they know answers.
>>
>>32527554

Easy close simulation is stick your head out of a car on hwy.

Face the wind and try to breathe through your nose. May need to change angle but you will find a spot where you physically cant
>>
>>32529092

The solution is clearly never be so big on the totem pole that you know anything important.

Or considering our enemies today

>Russians
>Chinese
>Norks
>ISIS
>Al-Qaeda
>Al-Shabab
>Taliban
>Iranians

might be best to just kill yourself if you get caught and 50/50 if you get caught by Russia, Iran, or the Talibananas who strangely judging from that idiot who wandered off base may be the nicest of the Muslims.
>>
File: Banepost.jpg (123KB, 494x411px) Image search: [Google]
Banepost.jpg
123KB, 494x411px
>>32526011

All of you posting in this thread are like little fucking babies discussing torture.

Water boarding can work, but it can also fuck with someones heart and brain and cause perm damage. The biggest thing about water boarding is that it creates Fight or flight psychology and even Stockholm syndrome type symptoms. The people doing the water boarding have complete control to resuscitate the individual. The person being water boarded looses grasp of time and place, because of sensory deprivation and asphyxia.

Really though if you want information from someone or just to torture them. I think teeth shit is the best. Filing someones teeth while they are completely constrained. Remove two teeth and expose the nerves, then file the teeth next to them. Then ask a question, and keep reminding them how many teeth they have left.

Bring some water but place lemon and salt or something that really increases the pain in the water.
>>
>>32528971
Move on to the feet, fingers, then toes, and if he's still not cooperating you could always aim a blowtorch or a lighter at his groin and see how long it takes for him to give in before his nuts get roasted. And if he doesn't give in to that, then the be no use torching them anyway because clearly their made of fucking tungsten.
>>
>>32529170
Unless youve actually been tortured for a prolonged period, I think our input is as good as yours pal.
>>
>>32526011
Yeah, a bunch of us on a taiwanese noodle fucking forum have been waterboarded and are experts on it.

Back to /r/guns or whatever shit you came from
>>
>>32526011
Pro tip: you dont fucking resist it. Nobody does. The reason its replaced traditional torture isnt because its humane its because it works.

Its not pain you experience. Its panic and dread. Even the hardest motherfuckers dont last 45 seconds.

Seriously, nobody makes it.
>>
File: 1478142418755.jpg (85KB, 564x564px) Image search: [Google]
1478142418755.jpg
85KB, 564x564px
>>32529182
>>
>>32526011
It's pretty frustrating at first but once you get the hang of it, it's a pretty good time. Idk why you shoebie fags are making such a big deal about it. Mahalo brah.
>>
File: 1476229853237.jpg (82KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476229853237.jpg
82KB, 960x720px
>>32529377
top kek you glorious fag
>>
>>32526141
Generally speaking, the people we waterboard are from countries where the governments regularly torture people to death. And there have been a few fairly publicized cases of detainees "accidentally" dying under torture in US military prisons.

Plus, waterboarding is only one of a large range of tactics used to psychologically break down a prisoner. You'll be subjected to sleep deprivation, extremes of heat and cold, intimidation with weapons and/or attack dogs, mock executions, prolonged solitary confinement, disruption of the day/night rhythm, and generally a whole pile of interrogators who are telling you that you have no rights and they can do anything they want to you. You will not know where you are and you will not know how long you have been a prisoner. You won't have a lawyer or other independent observer there reminding you of your right to remain silent or that your captors are not allowed to execute you. You may even find yourself provided with a false advocate who pretends to be on your side and counsels you that you really don't have rights and really can be killed arbitrarily.

Even if you began the interrogation confident that your captors would not kill you and 99% of previous detainees have survived, you will fairly soon fall into despair and believe that you are going to die in this prison if you don't confess or give up whatever information you have.
>>
>>32529621
And that's when being a semipsychotic spiteful grudebearing dwarf comes in handy. Do everything you can to make their jobs just a little more inconvenient and take joy in every reaction you provoke and take solace in the moments of solace you may or may not win.

The easiest way to break an interrofation cycle is to never engage in any dialogue, scream and cry, wail, warble, whimper, spit and squeal, but never talk to them- it's the quickest way to make yourself vulnerable.
>>
>>32529869
make yourself vulnerable... in a good way? that does not sound good that sounds bad why would you want to be vulnerable
>>
File: kevin_costner_gills_waterworld.jpg (65KB, 930x508px) Image search: [Google]
kevin_costner_gills_waterworld.jpg
65KB, 930x508px
>>32526011
I've had gills surgically installed behind my ears so I can never be waterboarded.
>>
>>32529170
>>32529182

Doesn't work. You can terrify people and get them to tell you a lot of things, but none of it is coherent or true.

If you want information, manipulate people into cooperation. Make them want to tell you the truth. When you control who talks to someone, when they eat, where they sleep and if they get even the simplest, smallest things, you can become their best friend.
>>
>>32530445
This is true. Some of the first interrogations in Afghanistan were just talks.
>>
>>32530445
This

When someone's cell might be a bit chilly, their food and drink are usually served cold or cool, and they are treated coldly by people, stepping into the warm interview room to get offered a hot cup of coffee and a chat with the investigator can cause a person to open up.

It plays on the aspect of that person being associated with good things. Warmth, a good hot drink, and someone who listens and does not ignore you like some prison guard.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>32530382
if you have gills, you don't need lungs, right?
>>
>>32530445
>>32530606
>>32530652
Couldn't you speed this process up with torture? Like have some guards strip him naked, beat the shit out of the guy, starve him, waterboard him, hook his balls up to a car battery or whatever. Then have an interrogator come in after a bit and give him a warm meal, clothes, and other nice shit? That way you get accurate information that is also given within a timely manner.
>>
>>32531307
In conflicts of the type like Iraq/Afg most of the guys you come across early in a conflict are deserters or fleeing locals. Really just some clean water and a bit of food does wonders.

Most other situations you generally have some time to work.
>>
>feel like I'm drowning when i get water on my eyes
what do
>>
Good thread
>>
>>32531307
if you go too far down the torture route they might not open up to anyone
>>
>>32531307
torture doesn't work as good as manipulation
>>
>>32530344
Talking makes you vulnerable, don't talk at the van party, learn to read.
>>
>>32526011
i had a couple friends waterboard me once, it was actually kind of pleasant and refreshing
>>
>>32526011
>/k/, how do you resist waterboarding?

By telling a believable lie when the interrogator can't fact check you.

You're pretty much fucked.
>>
>>32528392
They don't know everything, the key as an interrogator is concealing what you do know from your detainee so that you can fact check his statements and spot when he is lying. It helps to have more than one detainee, and to keep them apart so they can't compare notes.
>>
>>32528712
Teach him to blame himself.
>>
>all these retards acting like they have access to classified information

pro-tip, if youre getting waterboarded dont try to resist...try to inhale the water and die. much more peaceful. also, id probably break easier getting locked in a tiny box for extended periods of time. id much rather take the blowtorch to the balls. i also hate getting tangled on things, someone needs to devise a way of constantly getting people tangled up in wires or ropes and shit. that would truly be hell.
>>
good thing i'll never have any information worth keeping a secret
>>
>>32530445
Honestly, people that use waterboarding aren't looking for the truth. They are just looking for false evidence for whatever reason.
>>
>>32531307
Not really. Serious mistreatment makes people withdraw and puts their guard up. Basic stress and mistreatment from people that treat them with indifference is a far better way to support rapport building then a torturer that directly engages with them. Ideally, nobody else talks to or interacts with them on a human level at all.
>>
>>32532636
Yeah, it's very effective if you need someone to confirm something or confess to something and don't care if they are telling the truth or not.

"We have heard from three sources the rebels are in the village" sounds credible to people that don't ask follow up questions, even if one of the sources is a dream you had and two of them are people you were pulling fingernails off of.
>>
>>32526011
I practice water-boarding myself in the shower every morning while I wash my balls
it's not quiet the same, but you have to start somewhere

1. practice holding your breath, you can do this anywhere, any time
try not to give yourself brain damage
2. practice holding your breath with your mouth open underwater
you can use your tongue and/or your throat to block your airway
3. do the same, but with water pounding on your face (see: washing balls)

4. now things get tricky, try actually breathing with the water pounding on your face
start by pounding water through a piece of cloth
it's hard to explain but swallowing the water in your mouth quickly before breathing helps, as does only breathing in slowly
I think this has something to do with the anti-drowning reflex that seals the lungs

it's about overcoming the panic of not being able to breath, the gasping for air/coughing cycle can't be good for you in this situation
don't breath more than you have to, this might sound paradoxical but when you are breathing in you are breathing in water, so space out your breaths

this is my backyard science though, happy for someone who actually knows to chime in
>>
File: 2ec[1].png (572KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
2ec[1].png
572KB, 600x580px
>>32533011
>I practice water-boarding myself in the shower every morning while I wash my balls
>>
>>32529170
dude, one of my teeth chipped and got real sharp.
Spent like 30 minutes filing my goddamn molar with wood working tools.

I don't think you realise how tame it is.

>>32526011
>as a kid I watched a lot of SF documentaries, always wanted to be in the spec ops,
One summer when I was 14 I decided that I will toughen myself up so I could be edgy and crack jokes in the face of my interrogator.

Got some rope, a wooden chair, rag and a metal bucket so I filled the bucket from the garden hose, hoisted it up onto the washing line looped another string attached to the bucket around the other end of the washing line and leaned myself vertically with the chair with a rag on my face.

so I pull the string ever so lightly shaking in anticipation, once the flow starts I readjust myself so mouth and nose are under the stream to ensure that I get that horrible feeling of the water flowing up my nose.

One bucket lasted for about 1 to 2 minutes, after the first bucket I was vibrating, my vision was a little blurred and I was erect.

Repeated it like 4 times.

On my fifth go I was lying down and had just started when my mother came home and caught me.

She thought it was some really weird attempt at suicide and threatened to send me to a psychologist.

Even then I knew that being sent there for a "suicide attempt" would bust my chances of ever going military so I stopped water boarding myself.
>>
>>32528186
Damn that doggo is heckin mad
>>
>>32527544

What you gonna do if you dry drown a few hours later, none of them are there to do that?
>>
>>32528392
You ask minute things over and over again, until the lie becomes ridiculous. The classic one that was in our training manuals was "what side of the helicopter did you jump out of".
>>
File: Capture.png (40KB, 425x276px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
40KB, 425x276px
>Human Resource Exploitation

Spooks confirmed for spooky

http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB122/CIA%20Human%20Res%20Exploit%20A1-G11.pdf
http://nsarchive.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB122/CIA%20Human%20Res%20Exploit%20H0-L17.pdf
>>
You know what pissed me off was when John McCain was in that feud with Trump and people were giving him shit for allegedly breaking when he was captured by the Vietnamese. I don't like the guy's politics, but the fact that there were people ripping on him for breaking when he was captured for five fucking years made me angry.
>>
File: 1481857577075.jpg (55KB, 621x520px) Image search: [Google]
1481857577075.jpg
55KB, 621x520px
>>32533212
>One bucket lasted for about 1 to 2 minutes, after the first bucket I was vibrating, my vision was a little blurred and I was erect.
>and I was erect.
Anon are you sure you were torturing yourself to "prepare for the special forces" or is there another reason that you're not telling us?
>>
File: lol.png (14KB, 541x115px) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
14KB, 541x115px
>>32533637
>>
>>32533731
You heard it here first folks, ISIS likes BDSM
>>
File: 1479532794881.jpg (135KB, 553x830px) Image search: [Google]
1479532794881.jpg
135KB, 553x830px
>>32533784
>ISIS likes BDSM
>>
>>32533520
>dry drown

What even. You mean suffocate? Or like pleural effusion/pulmonary edema? If no ones around I guess you're dead.
>>
>>32533212
>after the first bucket I was vibrating
are you the flash?
>>
>>32528122
Reducing the effectiveness of the intel you give
>>
>>32534199
>tfw no CIA interragator dominatrix gf
>>
>>32528241
What the hell is wrong with you?
>>
>>32535496
idk we thought it would be cool, and it was.
>>
>>32526175
>Isn't going to kill you
I remember reading about an Iraqi general that died of a heart attack when he was getting the sleeping bag treatment which is similar to waterboarding.
>>
>>32526141
>like, the interrogator needs you alive, not dead, so he won't let you drown and die, why panic? you'll live

Accidents happen.
>>
File: 1455857891592.jpg (224KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1455857891592.jpg
224KB, 960x720px
>>32526011
I know it's been said already in this thread, but I just want to repeat it again for clarity's sake.

GOOD COP ALWAYS TRUMPS BAD COP.

>Detain prisoner
>Learn everything you can about him
>Find out his father died 2 years ago
>Find out he's diabetic
>Find out he has a wife
>After a week of solitary confinement, he's fucking BEGGING for human contact
>Give him a plate of sugar-free cookies for his diabetes
>Tell him that all the propaganda he's heard about us being cruel to our prisoners is untrue
>Leave for a whole 24 hours so that he thinks we're going to be abandoning him in solitary confinement again
>When he starts freaking out, thinking he won't see human contact again for the next week, come over again and just ask him about his life
>Ask him about what he did as a soldier, where he was going when we caught him, what his rank was, who he was supposed to meet up with, etc
>Ask him questions you and him already know aren't important
>Ask him questions you and him both know you already know
>Ask him questions that carry no incentive for lying
>At the end of the talk, assuming he tells the truth for every question, give him a cold bottle of water as a thank-you gift for cooperating
>If he lies, then just say thank you and leave his ass for the next three days
>Come back and ask him the same questions again
>He will most likely tell you the truth
>Just talk to him now
>Tell him you're sorry about what happened to his father
>Tell him about what's happening in the outside world
>End by telling him his wife thinks he's dead and prepared a memorial for him
>Leave
>Now he REALLY wants to get home to see his wife, which he clearly cares about more than his ideology or past loyalties
>Come back the next day, probe for useful information, all the while, intersperse your interrogation with questions you already know the answers to
>Use a friendly but concerned tone
>If he's telling the truth, give him those goddamn sugar-free cookies that he likes so much

pt 1
>>
File: 1465956728538.jpg (66KB, 650x457px) Image search: [Google]
1465956728538.jpg
66KB, 650x457px
>>32537334
>Positive reinforcement always, always, ALWAYS works better than corporal punishment
>If not, just leave him for the next 3 days in solitary
>Come back, ask almost the exact same questions, but mix up a lot of the questions and throw in some easy new ones
>Keep doing this until you know he's telling the truth
>Every time he answers correctly, give him some sugar-free sweets
>All the while, you're supposed to be learning more about this guy
>You're supposed to be probing his history for any new weakness or relevancy you can use to manipulate his humanity
>Ask more and more questions as he begins to learn lying will only lead to suffering and the truth will only reward him
>Insinuate he may soon be free if he just drops everything he has for us
>Tell him his wife misses him very much
>Tell him his old party assumes he's dead as well, and that you can reunite him with his family in safe space if he just snitches on his old war buddies, who, by the way, used him as a pawn in the first place
>Ask him more and more sensitive questions; questions we don't have answers to
>As you're asking these questions, intersperse them with easy questions
>Ask him questions you've already asked him countless times, and already know the answers to
>Fact-check his answers
>When you get to the point where he's 100% cooperative, ask him whatever you need and just put your faith in his answers
>Now it's your turn to wait and hope he's not fucking you over
>If everything checks out and everything's a massive success, thank him and keep your promise
>Keep tabs on him
>Make sure that if he ever talks to anyone about this, he'll tell them exactly what we want him to tell them
>We're not monsters, and surrendering to us will not mean immediate torture
>Instead, you will be treated nicely and be set free after, and ONLY after, telling the truth
>All this happened in only 1 and a half months
>>
File: Valentine 2.png (516KB, 1800x1118px) Image search: [Google]
Valentine 2.png
516KB, 1800x1118px
>>
File: 1419497804940.jpg (1MB, 1200x793px) Image search: [Google]
1419497804940.jpg
1MB, 1200x793px
>>32537415
Now compare all that to 3 to 5 months of continuous torture, lopsided answers, and the problem of detaining him in Guantanamo until the day that he dies. Not nearly half as effective, and twice as resource intensive. No amount of torture will draw him to your side. Your job is to make him think you're his friend, not his enemy. If he sees you as an adversary; someone that comes only to bring him pain and darkness, then he will answer only in kind.
>>
>>32529869

Uh oh, we got a badass over here, etc.
>>
>>32537458
>>32537415
>>32537334
Jesus Christ dude. You are basically trying to reinvent the wheel by making it square. You think that you are suggesting some revolutionary shit but it looks more like you watched a season of Homeland and think you're Jason Bourne.

The gold standard for intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies in the world (less so in "progressive" nations in Europe that favour the PEACE model) is the Reid technique. It is literally the most effective method based upon empirically tested research into human psychology at eliciting confessions and obtaining withheld information. It's not a process that involves weeks or months like you have suggested interrogations take. It takes literally a couple hours and is typically conducted by a trained detective or intelligence officer. It consists of nine relatively straight forward but subjective steps.
>>
>>32537334
>>32537415
>>32537458
>>32537830
Nine steps to the Reid technique conducted during an interrogation. It is often adapted to suit military/intelligence scenarios.

1.) Direct confrontation. Advise the suspect that the evidence has led the police to the individual as a suspect. Offer the person an early opportunity to explain why the offense took place.

2.)Try to shift the blame away from the suspect to some other person or set of circumstances that prompted the suspect to commit the crime. That is, develop themes containing reasons that will psychologically justify or excuse the crime. Themes may be developed or changed to find one to which the accused is most responsive.

3.)Try to minimize the frequency of suspect denials.

4.) At this point, the accused will often give a reason why he or she did not or could not commit the crime. Try to use this to move towards the acknowledgement of what they did.

5.)Reinforce sincerity to ensure that the suspect is receptive.

6.)The suspect will become quieter and listen. Move the theme discussion towards offering alternatives. If the suspect cries at this point, infer guilt.

7.)Pose the “alternative question”, giving two choices for what happened; one more socially acceptable than the other. The suspect is expected to choose the easier option but whichever alternative the suspect chooses, guilt is admitted. As stated above, there is always a third option which is to maintain that they did not commit the crime.

8.)Lead the suspect to repeat the admission of guilt in front of witnesses and develop corroborating information to establish the validity of the confession.

9.)Document the suspect's admission or confession and have him or her prepare a recorded statement (audio, video or written).
>>
>>32537830
>>32537851
The Reid technique? Are you serious? What is this? Gradeschool?

>Constantly incarcerate subjects later to be proven innocent
>Used to admit guilt out of suspected criminals and bank-robbers
>"""""""Empirically""""""" """""""tested""""""""

Wow, great argument, fagtron. You really convinced me with those hot opinions. How about you tell me the devised Reid technique Intelligence Agencies use to sip information from captured terrorists. Oh, wait, it's because they don't. They QUESTION terrorists, not browbeat them into letting them say whatever they want them to say.

Also, I'm not stuffing circles into any peg. This is all legit stuff that the CIA and KGB regularly use on a daily basis. In fact, I said in the very beginning of my post that my exact same sentiment has been said before in these types of threads many different times.

I would literally challenge you to an interrogation-off if I could, just to prove how much of a clueless idiot you are.
>>
File: 37228453-usa-images.jpg (547KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
37228453-usa-images.jpg
547KB, 500x250px
>>32526011
>/k/, how do you resist waterboarding?
not being a terrorist helps
usa usa usa
>>
>>32532437
I'm sure it does because the CIA still did/does it.

If offering someone a fat slab of steak with mushrooms and gravy on it was the key to every mental vault, we'd not bother with torture at all.
>>
>>32538183
>just to prove how much of a clueless idiot you are
At least I don't believe that the KGB is still a thing.

>Wow, great argument, fagtron. You really convinced me with those hot opinions.
I think anyone with half a brain can see that the intention of my comment was to provide general information so that you could look up the evidence yourself. I'm not really into spoon feeding everything to James Bond wannnabes. Learn to google.

>This is all legit stuff that the CIA and KGB regularly use on a daily basis.
No one doubts the fact that "coercive techniques" as claimed by the CIA are still in use as of today. However the template you laid out was essentially a half-baked watered down version of the Reid technique that borders on the fringe of being classified as inhumane. Something that any agency wishes to avoid the liability of. All of the benefits you claim are achieved by the Reid technique already, this is why it is considered the gold standard in interrogative interviewing.

>How about you tell me the devised Reid technique Intelligence Agencies use to sip information from captured terrorists.
The Reid technique is intentionally very broad in what sort of things should be said and is left up to the interrogator to fill this in, but the intention remains the same. The intention being to open up an unwilling suspect to begin sharing information they other wise would not have. This is done through the use of mental framing and other psychological tactics. This isn't some "hurr durr get out the drill black ops" shit, its efficacy is proven. The Reid technique also doesn't need to be "devised" into some sort of super spy CIA proprietary interrogation template, its broad nature can be used in pretty much any type of interrogation.

> would literally challenge you to an interrogation-off if I could, just to prove how much of a clueless idiot you are.
I'm sure you'd beat me with your wealth of experience borderline torturing international prisoners, amirite?
>>
so people say torture is ineffective, consider this scenario

>be torturing someone
>asking him for info n shit
>after some non-life altering but very unpleasant torture he spills his guts
>go verify it
>keep man in captivity
>if info is false confront him about it
>go into more painful torture

don't they have truth serum anyways? torture isn't very effective if you can dope up the person so they spill the beans imo
>>
>>32538638
truth serum and lie detectors are pretty much a meme
>>
>>32538638
>truth serum
It's basically just fucking Vicodin. Get the guy high, try and trip him up with words. I have no idea why you'd deliberately reduce the lucidity of someone you're questioning.
>>
>>32528241
i had a friend who tied his little brother in a sleeping bag and put him on the railroad tracks - the tracks next to one where a train was coming. the kid was never the same after that.
>>
Give them something factual, but hard to verify, and not critical.

Torture is ineffective. It makes people tell the torturer what they want to hear. Anything to make the torture stop.
>>
The Nazi's best interrogator took prisoners to the movies, gave them tea, and let one guy fly a Bf109
>>
>>32527738
It's not choking, faggot, it's drowning.
>>
>>32539147
I'm not calling bullshit, but can I get a source?
>>
>>32531303
If I want to breath on land I do.
>>
>>32526011
>how do you resist waterboarding?
Mental fortitude.

>have you ever been waterboarded?
no.
>>
>>32538918
they did some testing in WWII
best truth serum was plain old alcohol
>>
>>32528392
Its not like it is in the movies. They don't tie you up and hurt you until you spit out nuclear launch codes. They have questions to ask, a lot of questions. So that it becomes difficult to keep a lie straight especially if they are distracting you. They want you not thinking about your lie but what is happening to you and whats going to happen next. Also they probably have asked you and the other people they have captured the same battery of questions. They then listen for consistency an inconsistancy. You may actually get them to believe a lie. They may actually not believe you when you have told the truth. So basically, they will hurt you until you tell them what they want to hear, truth or not. That's why torture is so ineffective.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp5o8BPJk-I
>>
File: asukabender.jpg (54KB, 491x720px) Image search: [Google]
asukabender.jpg
54KB, 491x720px
>>32533212
>I was erect
>>
Didn't the 9/11 guy get waterboarded like 200 times? I don't know whether that's impressive on his part or the CIA's
>>
>>32539079

Wow. I would permanently injure or humiliate the brother that did that to me.
>>
>>32528888
Czech'd
>>
>>32528888
Checked
Thread posts: 126
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.