/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me out /k/, I'm new in buying shit online, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: moistnugget.png (100KB, 778x459px) Image search: [Google]
moistnugget.png
100KB, 778x459px
Help me out /k/, I'm new in buying shit online, I've only bought a Glock 17, AK-47 and AR-15 from my local store. I don't have experience in buying online, though my biggest concern is the actual quality of the Mosin from Cabela. Any experience from this rifle? According from the desc it was imported from Ukraine's stockpile, though I am not so sure about the quality.
>>
>>32524059
You don't want a mosin. Once all is said and done you're spending ~300 on a rifle in questionable condition that shoots ammo that costs the same as .308. Pretty much a wall hanger.

If you want a good bolt action rifle for the price, get a savage axis in .308. About the same price and you can shoot tons of ammo through it and mount a scope properly.
>>
>>32524059
No mosin. Get a Mauser or some shit and be happier.
>>
File: 1482172542438.jpg (54KB, 526x438px) Image search: [Google]
1482172542438.jpg
54KB, 526x438px
>>32524198
This.

Mosin Meme is dead now for a reason
>>
>>32524059
Get ahold of your ffl, get their fax/e-mail and when you purchase said gun it'll ask you or the seller will ask you for that info. Then do what they ask. Get whatever gun you want. Moains look nice.
>>
>>32524198
wtf? a mosin is a wall hanger? holy shit you're fucking stupid. jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>32524059
You should be ashamed of yourself for exploiting the online loophole
>>
>>32524561
stay mad slavaboo cunt, I'm sure your rifle is capable of 10 moa accuracy with your shitty machine gun ball ammo

literally the only thing the mosin had going for it was the price. If you're too blind to see that the mosin is only good for making loud bangs through a sewage pipe barrel then I pity you.

I own mausers, mosins, and enfields alike but they are not hunting rifles, they are not target rifles, they are not plinking rifles. They are pretty much just for collectors value.

But do go on, tell me how your 150 dollar round reciever pot metal mosin with a flimsy scout scope mount and an nc star scope will shoot the hair off a tick at 200 yards. I'm waiting
>>
>>32524627
>But do go on, tell me how your 150 dollar round reciever pot metal mosin with a flimsy scout scope mount and an nc star scope will shoot the hair off a tick at 200 yards. I'm waiting

wtf? when did I ever say that you fucking retard

but to consider a mosin a fucking wallhanger is the most asinine shit i've read on here in a wall. it's fun you shoot, you easily-angered faggot
>>
>>32524638
>easily angered
sorry, I was the one answering op's post in a civil manner

also sorry you're too poor to afford a rifle that has merits beyond "it's fun to shoot"
>>
>>32524198
wtf i hate mosins now
>>
>>32524653
why are you so mad? you typed out a wall of angry text at me because I said that a mosin wasn't a wall hanger, now you're resorting to calling me poor because I like to have fun shooting

get over yourself, dude.
>>
>>32524667
I have nothing to get over. I'm simply stating that the mosin is a mediocre rifle that is not worth what it costs. If op is looking for something usable to add to his collection, I suggested an alternative.

This could've easily been a non-shitpost conversation if your first reply to me wasn't "holy shit you're fucking stupid"
>>
>>32524708
not every rifle has to be the best/most accurate, some people want to have fun shooting instead of being a tactical dad measuring their shots in MOA

this could have been a nonshitpost conversation if you didn't want to push your opinion on how people should shoot recreationally on everyone else
>>
>>32524708
>something usable
But it is usable. Mosins are reliable rifles, and 7.64x54r isn't difficult to find, nor is it an inherently shitty round.
Also, the Savage Axis can't mount a bayonet.
>>
Don't order online from Cabela's. From experience everything they have will cost the average good price and be mislabeled or otherwise not correct. You will get mismatched numbers. I seen just the other day locally, two enfields marked as no1mk3s for $500 each. Both were ishapore 2as. Which are not no1mk3s or worth 500. One might of been a 2a1 but they leave the mag out because muh reasons.

They are rarely worth the price listed. You have to go in person to varify everything
>>
>$250 for a nugget

It was fun while it lasted.
>>
>>32524627
>pot metal mosin
It's not a hi-point, anon.
>>
File: 1321504154124.jpg (47KB, 316x452px) Image search: [Google]
1321504154124.jpg
47KB, 316x452px
>>32524667
Listen buddy, we can all see you're using the 'u mad' defense. That doesn't work when your posts clearly show that you got mad first.

And FYI, since the nugget quadrupled in price, it has been a shitty, pointless gun.
>>
>>32524747
No baynot means not a true rifle.
>>
>>32524828
you're pathetic man, I can't convince someone to understand the concept of fun when you're so far up your own ass you think every gun has to be practical for tactical situations. now if you'll excuse me i'm trying to play the winnie the pooh baseball game
>>
File: 1304130243438.png (6KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
1304130243438.png
6KB, 295x295px
>>32524747
>His only actual argument
>Is that a mosin
>Can mount a fucking bayonet
>>
>>32524842
You seem to be confusing me for someone else.

That was my first post in this thread.
>>
>>32524842
OP is asking if he should buy a $300 gun when he's inexperienced looking for something of decent quality.
Here you are, going all MUH FUN and YOU ARE FUCKING STUPID and U MAD.
Nice arguments you've got there you meme gun faggot
>>
File: 1475187695522.png (165KB, 777x656px) Image search: [Google]
1475187695522.png
165KB, 777x656px
>>32524849
>Only argument
Naw m8. There was a claim that Mosins aren't "usable", which I refuted by saying that Mosins work and ammo isn't difficult to find. The bayonet wasn't the primary argument, but rather an added bonus.

Though I shouldn't expect any level of thought from somebody who's too stupid to even greentext properly.
>>
>>32524747
>the Savage Axis can't mount a bayonet.

not with that attitude.
>>
>>32525107
Not from the factory, it can't.
Only ways I can think of are:
>Duct tape
>Weld bayonet lug to barrel
>Weld bayonet to barrel
>>
Jesus Christ this thread is autismo

Of course the fucking mosin is still a usable rifle. Just because it's now fairly expensive doesn't change that. The axis might be better for some uses doesn't mean the mosin isn't usable or probably more fun to shoot
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.