[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to expand my collection beyond semi auto and get a bolt

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_5041.jpg (34KB, 424x253px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5041.jpg
34KB, 424x253px
I want to expand my collection beyond semi auto and get a bolt action rifle. What do you recommend?
>>
A krag Jorgensen in 6,5x55 swe
>>
>>32522924
Do you have any themes to your collection?
Do you have any country that you would prefer?
Do you reload ammo?

These will effect the answer I will give.
>>
>>32522924
None.
Buy an AR faggot. Collections are for autists who don't shoot their guns. In this day and age with the wide proliferation of quality guns and gear, there is literally no reason to intentionally cuck yourself. Get in the right century, sperg.
>>
>>32523015
>T. Poorfag with one Ar-15 and a glock
>>
Moist Nugget

Now go fuck yourself with cosmoline for lube
>>
>>32523025
That's superior non-retarded human being and upstanding member of the gun community to you, surplusnigger.
>>
>>32523038
>doesnt refute being a poorfag
>that sour grapes mentality
>>
>>32523048
Being able to intelligently spend money makes a person smart, not poor.

Wasting money on toy guns that have no reason to exist in 2017 due to superior alternatives is why you're poor and will be first to die in SHTF. not that it's a bad thing, suprlusnigger genes need to be chlorinated from the gene pool.
>>
>>32522924
I'd get a mosin/kar98k combo first.
Kar98k first if you have lots of money to drop on a nice one, mosin if you don't want to spend a ton just yet.
They're both fine rifles, and I actually prefer my mosin other than looks.
>>
>>32523057
>>32523046
>hes a newfag too
Pottery
>>
>>32523068
The only newfags on /k nowadays are cringy surplusshits trying to relive a time they never saw when we let autistic surplusfaggots overrun /k/.

All respectable /k/ommandos who are worth something wouldn't touch deficient surplus nowadays.
>>
fuck ivan and fuck surplusniggers
>>
File: 20161224_130907.jpg (3MB, 1377x3800px) Image search: [Google]
20161224_130907.jpg
3MB, 1377x3800px
>>32523015
>Bloo-abloo-bloo some people have expendable income and i don't, likely due to poor life choices. Also no one likes me because I'm a giant ass hole and tend to ruin social events.

He is right on one part though, if you don't have an ar i recommend it. Got this from palmetto state armory and i love it. You could also look into a good lever gun or any break action shoot gun (assuming you have a trap/ skeet range close by or enough land to take advantage of it). What about pistols, have any of those?
>>
>>32523101
Surplus should be counted the same as airshit, as negative guns.
>>
>>32523080
>>32523093
okay bud
>>
>>32522924
A mauser, lee, or mosin if you plan on shooting it often as they have the cheapest ammo right now. (Just buy an m39 if you decide on a mosin) If you reload already or dont plan on using it often, it doesnt really matter. Just pick whatever catches your eye.
>>
Except for the part where they can still kill things right?
I have faith you're just trolling. I refuse to believe you ate actually this retarded.
>>
File: IMG_8140.jpg (1MB, 2400x3431px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8140.jpg
1MB, 2400x3431px
>>32522924
>beyond semi auto and get a bolt action rifle

you posted milsurp but do you want a modern bolt or a milsurp rifle?
how much do you want to spend on the rifle itself?
any rifle calibers you already shoot? do you want commonality between them?
any particular military you have a hard on for?
how much are you willing to spend on ammo?
>>
>>32522924
Get a Czech Mauser
>>
>>32522924
Ill always shill for the Lee-Enfield Mark III SMLE. Phenomenal rifle, saw service in two world wars and will still drop a stag like noones business. Either that or a mosin, i havent had enough experience with Mosins to make a recommendation on type tho.
>>
File: lee-enfield-large.jpg (70KB, 640x514px) Image search: [Google]
lee-enfield-large.jpg
70KB, 640x514px
I'm pondering the same thing. I kinda want a k98 but have heard Czech k98s are better. I think SMLEs are aesthetic as fuck, but they're ewbritish. I also like m1903s. Basically I don't know what I want. Eventually I want to get a Sako or tikka rifle to support Finland but want some milsurp first.
>>
>>32523171
>Eventually I want to get a Sako or tikka rifle to support Finland but want some milsurp first.
could get a sako or tikka M39
>>
>>32522924
If you don't reload I would go with something chambered in .308 (Ishapore 2A1 or Spanish/South America/Isreali rechambered Mauser) or .30-06 (M1917 or 03 and it variants) or mosin nagant
If you have some money to blow on the occasional range trip I would go with any Mauser or Lee Enfield or k31/k11
If you reload or have stupid amounts of money to waste, well anything would do. Find something that you like how it looks.
>>
>>32523229
8mm mauser and.303 brit are both cheaper than.30-06
>>
>>32523275
Really...Just shows how long it's been since I purchased ammo. Last time I looked .30-06 was cheaper than .303 or 8mm Mauser. Also last time I checked there were not steel case options for those as well.
>>
>>32523349
Yeah ammo prices have been weird for a while
>>
>>32523349
there is romanian steel 8mm and wolf makes steel 303. the wolf 303 is trash, cant speak for the romanian stuff. PPU 303 and 8mm can be had for ~70 cpr
>>
>>32523178
A classic and a modern Sako. I kinda like that. Same ammo as a regular mosin right?
>>
File: IMG_6997.jpg (3MB, 3024x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6997.jpg
3MB, 3024x3024px
>>32523690
7.62x54R yessir

i still kick myself for not grabbing one of the tikka M39's classic had a while back
>>
>>32523015
Only an autist would fail to see a reason to own something impractical/sub-optimal for fun.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.