[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

thoughts on gorkas? some anon posted about it the other day,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: gorkas.jpg (74KB, 564x375px) Image search: [Google]
gorkas.jpg
74KB, 564x375px
thoughts on gorkas?
some anon posted about it the other day, but i missed it. currently been looking at a lot of gorkas and russian military gear.
what are the pros and cons and is it worth it? or is it just a meme fag airshit gear?
>>
>>32520648
bump pls someone give me their input
>>
>>32520648
they're comfy
>>
Comfy
The russians use kinda shit fabrics though desu
>>
File: 14149209122730.jpg (665KB, 930x1400px) Image search: [Google]
14149209122730.jpg
665KB, 930x1400px
>>32520648
they are cold weather suit for gold miner

the Soviet military interested in it in late 1980s

they are not that good, but they got meme status

if you want quality Russian gear, by some other suit from SSO or a VKBO set
>>
I have had my Bars Gorka 4 for two years now. I use the jacket for hiking and hunting. Its windproof,and can easily treated to become water repellent. The pants are retarded, don`t bother with those.
Here is the clue OP:

If you can find a cheap set, buy it. If you have to pay a big amount of money for it, don`t bother.

They are okay as wind proof garments, to use over your work uniform. Nothing else.
>>
>>32522985
What is a big amount of money?

Also, would it hold up well hiking through brambles and up rocks?
>>
They're kind of shit compared to western windbreaker clothing, but their saving grace is that you can get a new set of jacket+pants for less than the price of a mid-tier soft-shell jacket. They're basically like a Carhartt jacket, but the fabric is thinner and its totally unlined. Great for skiing in, as an aside.
>>
>>32522975
so the standard issued gear is ass?

>>32522985
what's a good price for the jacket? i thought about buying a set cuz they look pretty aesthetic.

>>32523023
so a set of gorkas is basically just a better alternative to a softshell... is it true the pants are ass as said by the other anon? i really like the look of the gorkas
>>
>>32523086
VKBO is the standard issued gear
they are pretty good
i recommend VKBO level 4 for normal use
>>
>>32523086
No, a softshell will be better in every regard, but Gorkas are about 50 bucks for a set or less, or 80 if you get a SPOSN made set, which have the best build quality.
I thought the pants were very comfy worn over thermal underwear, but by no means fashionable. The elastication around the calves can be pretty nasty if your on a motorbike.
IDK if its been made clear, but they're made of treated cotton drill, the same stuff work shirts are made of. So get one if you like the look, but dont expect a wonder garment.
>>
File: gorka comparison.png (722KB, 1344x1560px) Image search: [Google]
gorka comparison.png
722KB, 1344x1560px
>>32520648
Here's some personal insight:

>Gorka 1
PROS:
* Pretty lightweight
* Can be worn in any environment
* Jacket is by far the best jacket of any of the Gorka series
* Most comfortable outfit of the entire Gorka series
* Best looking jacket of the entire Gorka series imo
* Elastic is strong as fuck and will never stretch out even if you wear the sleeves pulled up to your biceps
* Elastic bands in the cuffs of the pants to hook onto the arch of your foot and slide into boots more easily
CONS:
- Overalls are baggy in the butt; your cheeks will not be flattered at all
- Pants do not have pockets; just pouches. If you have something you need to get quick you shouldn't put it in your pants.
- Chest pocket on the overalls, while good for holding a phone or a map, gets covered if you wear a vest or the jacket over it
- not as water resistant as later models

>Gorka 3
PROS:
* Water Resistant
* So many pockets
* Comfortable pockets
* Dropped the overalls for suspenders for a sleeker and more attractive look
* Pants fit better
* Reinforcements in the elbows, shoulders, back, chest and knees so the fabric will last longer than, say, a BDU
* Warmer than Gorka 1
* Has sort-of built-in portees. There's a liner built into the bottom of the pants that you can tie to your foot to slide into your boots and prevent chafing.
CONS:
- Not as light as Gorka 1, and I'd really only recommend wearing it in more temperate environments
- Not very breathable
- Inside of pants pockets are lined with the "tent fabric", and if you sit down in a car with stuff in your pockets, it will always slide out.
- The fucking hood makes your collar massive, and when buttoned up completely gets kinda bulky and in the way. I think they're somewhat uncomfortable.

My overall opinion on Gorka is that it's a fantastic design with a lot of good things going for it. They're really purpose-built for fighting in them, and their comfort (and ergonomics) easily translates into civil life
>>
>>32523246
>>32523195
>>32523152
thanks /k/omrades this is the info I've been looking for but could not find onlinw
>>
I have a Bars Gorka 3, it's comfy.
The cut is decent and the fabric is heavy enough so that you can use just that and a thermal/sweat absorbant shirt down to 10°C.
It's windproof but not waterproof.
Fabric is kind of crap, however parts like shoulders, elbows and knees come with a reinforced heavier fabric.
The first time i washed it i thought i damaged it because the fabric had some weird fading, but it's normal.
If you take the right size they usually wear larger so you can use thermal gear under it.

>>32522985
>easily treated

How? Pls explain.
>>
>>32522985
How do you like it for hunting? I had a mind to get a suit as a windbreaker layer over my warmer layers. The prices I see gorkas going for makes it very tempting, rather than shelling out more money for hunting suits marketed as such.
>>
>>32523008

I got one for 40 Euros (pants and anorak) through a Russian seller on Ebay. Its just canvas cotton, with some reinforced areas, it will tear and break like everything else I guess. Stitching seems pretty good.
>>
>>32523086

40 Euros is a fair price. I am pleased with it, but I can`t justify spending any more on it.
>>
>>32520648
They look cool but you're honestly better off buying stuff like 5.11 and vertx.
>>
>>32523319

Go to any sports store, buy water repellent spray. Spray it, let it dry, voila.
>>
>>32523331

That`s what made me look for them in the first place. The gorka 4 is okay for hunting, don`t make too much noise, and the chest pocket is rather small, but will fit a radio and random shit.
>>
>>32525243
The main pocket on a gorka 4 will fit a 2l bottle and 2 40s of vodka, the chest pocket is for documents
>>
File: 07.jpg (326KB, 1280x788px) Image search: [Google]
07.jpg
326KB, 1280x788px
>>32525228
I always thought those products were garbage, i'll give it a try, thanks.

Here, have some russian marines.
>>
>Wearing cotton for water protection
>Wearing cotton for anything
>So is a gorka a better softshell?
A softshell is like two tiers above a gorka for general medium-humidity wearing. Polycotton is still better than a gorka for everything except resistance to fire (sparks).
>>
File: bucketset.jpg (30KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
bucketset.jpg
30KB, 350x335px
>>32525926
You hit the nail on the head anon.
If you are planning on spending any serious time outdoors in the snow/ rain, invest in some virgin wool, the pinko Carhardt suit is heavy, not very water resistant, non insulative when wet, and doesn't breathe well
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.