[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/brg/ Battle Rifle General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1444784371961.jpg (135KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1444784371961.jpg
135KB, 1024x576px
/brg/ Battle Rifle General

>Mods' faces when edition

Previous thread:
>>32472999
>>
why'd the last one get nuked? mod tantrum?
>>
>>32519979
It might have had something to do with the dicks in the OP.
>>
Response to dude in the last thread.
>>32519489
Best bang for the buck by far is the PTR-91 GI and A3R models. They cost around 1k +/- $100 brand new in box because it's a design that lends itself to rapid and very inexpensive production. Now that PTR has rolled out models with paddle magazine releases (instead of push button, there was a legal problem that existed for a while regarding this) a lot of people are selling the old models used for even cheaper. These are generally accurate and reliable rifles that eat just about anything you feed them, even a steady diet of Tulammo if inclined.

Magazines are also stupid cheap. Surplus ones are still like $5-10 a pop any day of the week.

Downside? Ergonomics are really hit or miss. All the weight is at the front, charging handle is way out by the front sight post and sometimes doesn't want to cooperate, selectors tend to be stiff, push button mag releases tend to be stiff too and the diopter sights take some getting used to. I highly recommend picking one up and handling it, if you don't mind these quirks it's definitely the #1 pick. For me, it always turned me off.

>AR-10
Great choice if you like the AR-15 but just want something bigger. One pitfall I'd note is that there are a few different patterns and sometimes the parts don't play nice when you mix them up. I definitely recommend buying a complete rifle like a S&W M&P10 or a Windham SRC-308. There are basically 2 mag patterns, Armalite and SR25/DPMS with the latter being ~90% of the market so stick with that.

>M1As/FALs
For this I'd rummage through gun classifieds and used gun racks in LGSes, you'd be surprised what you find. A lot of bargains to be had out there.
>>
>>32520033
Also on M14geries.
-Norincos have forged receivers, which are sometimes really good but sometimes too brittle. Parts tend to be shit tier. These generally sell cheap.
-Federal Ordnance pre S/N #10,000 have all USGI parts (like mine) and are worth at least 1k. The receivers and build quality can be shitty, but can be unfucked. After 10k they have Chinese parts, avoid unless really cheap.
-SAI M1As are the most common and most of them do work. Look for lower S/N ranges and USGI parts if possible.

As for FALs
-Lots of garage made kit builds. DANGER DANGER, some not very well made, others excellent. Common mixing of inch and metric parts.
-Coonan and IMBEL receivers are good.
-Century builds are common and are hit or miss. Some mixed commonwealth L1A1 inch-pattern parts with metric parts, causing serious problems. Buy only if warrantied by dealer or if you shoot it first to ensure function.
-DSA are generally G2G but they also sell receivers that people build on. If all S/Ns match then good. If it's a frankengun on a DSA receiver use caution.
>>
>>32520033
>>32520104
Poster here that you are responding to from the nuked thread.

THANK YOU. Very informative.

Guess I'll hunt around for a decently priced Imbel FAL.

Question though, what's the deal with FN FALs? I rarely see any for sale and they are at retarded prices. Is it just because of legacy ("muh ORIGINAL FAL") or are they legit much better than the others? I'd like one just because I feel I could trust the original manufacturer over other ones...but not if it's going to be a mortgage payment for one.
>>
>>32520209
banned from importation by federal law
aka, whats here is here, and whats here is expensive as fuck

FALs are cool, but I prefer HKs over them
I wouldn't use either for a primary anyways
>>
>>32520209
>>32520330
This, you see the same with HK91s. They cost 2-3x what a PTR-91 goes for, it's not because they're better, it's because they are scarce.
>>
>>32520330
>banned from importation by federal law

Ok forgive my ignorance, but why??? Is this that parts kit law that was passed, or the "muh russians" sanctions law....or what.....FN is a Belgian company, why the fuck would we ban imports from them....
>>
File: Will I ever take a good picture.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Will I ever take a good picture.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>32520209
Get an Stg58

They're the best of them all
>>
>>32520362
because they are scary looking
this happened back in the day, signed into law by daddy bush right fellas?
>>
>>32520390
probably signed by monica's human saxaphone, bushy senior wasnt going after scarry as much as commie guns.
>>
>>32520492
thought the FALs and hks got hit earlier
either way, that's why
>>
>>32520503
They did, in 1989.
>>
>>32520570
I will say that I'd rather have an original FAL over an original HK
but I'd rather have a ptr than a dsa
>>
>>32520362
Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. It banned the feds from using 4473 data as a de facto registry, but it also capped registration of machine guns under and added a sporting purpose requirement for imports of long guns. You can still buy "non sporting" long guns so long as they are a certain % US-made. NRA backed it because it benefited domestic manufacturers.
>>32520582
Why? DSA is very good.
>>
>>32520920
>DSA is very good
Not particularly. They charge a lot for the corners they cut. They don't even finish the guns properly, it's just duracoat.
>>
>>32520941
I thought that was just with the Voyagers. They all seemed nice. Then again even Remlins "seem" nice when you handle a new one.
>>
>>32520941
how hard would it be to clean that shit off and have it paint over parked like fn did?
>>
>>32520971
https://www.dsarms.com/p-14114-dsa-sa58-19-special-purpose-rifle-para-stock-rifle.aspx

Almost $6000 and it's still just duracoat.

>>32520988
Considering it's hardly better than spray paint, I can't imagine it would be all that difficult.
>>
File: 20161130_030918.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20161130_030918.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>32520941
That's honestly my biggest concern about them; all the shortcuts they take.

A friend of mine got a Voyager this last summer and he hasn't had any issues with it, but it just feels off.

There are so many things that my IMBEL has which I take for granted that are missing from the DSA. The adjustable rear sight, the chrome-to-the-dome on everything, the carry handle, the gratuitous use of steel, 3lbs of weight, sockpainting, etc. are all conspicuously missing from the Voyager. I can't speak for their regular SA58 models, but the Voyager just seems a bit cheaper in comparison to the IMBEL.

In all seriousness, though, I still think that kit builds are 100% the way to go if you can either A) find one for sale or B) posess the tools to slap one together yourself.
>>
Reposting from last thread. Where do I get good FAL mags? I would like to get at least one with excellent/new finish for pictures. Preferably US made. How are DSA mags? I heard they could be fixed by taking down the edges of the feed lips.
>>
might get a scar next monday, anyone have any advice on aftermarket?
>>
>>32521578
a voyager is designed from the ground up to be a cost reduced version, its like the fleet model with no ac, wind up windows, and an am/fm only radio. it works but is only the minimum needed to be of use.

whereas the sa58 is the model with $200 floormats and a $30 pine tree airfreshener.
>>
>>32520033
>PTR
>Best bang for the buck
rabid fanboyism run amok
.308 ARs are cheaper, and better

>FALs have common mixing between inch and metric
I see that everyone you know is to dumb/poor to get anything buy CAI crap.
>>
File: 100_0194.jpg (2MB, 4443x1769px) Image search: [Google]
100_0194.jpg
2MB, 4443x1769px
>>32522072
PMM sells modded grips, I went with ERGO designed for it.
http://www.parkermountainmachine.com/store/c21/FN_Herstal_.html

KDG MREX handguard extension is fucking tits.
https://kineticdg.com/scar-mrex-solutions/

Dont bolt cheap glass on your rifle, dont bother with the ACR stock, put either a shooting sight or G trigger in it (OEM is fine, but its not a match trigger).
>>
File: IMG_1503.jpg (517KB, 1284x1284px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1503.jpg
517KB, 1284x1284px
>>32521726
DSA mags suck, last I heard some dude sells milsurp mags but dont recall the name
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.