[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone taken a CCW class before? Every time I get the money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: 7001.jpg (144KB, 1338x899px) Image search: [Google]
7001.jpg
144KB, 1338x899px
Has anyone taken a CCW class before?
Every time I get the money for it I ended up putting it off then spending it on something else then saving back up for it again repeat a few times.
Now I got it again and put it away where I won't be tempted to take it out and spend it but I'm a bit nervous to go do it even though I really want to.
I've found 2 different places in my area that do classes, and a few other places are all pretty do-able even though I'd kind of prefer not going for a super long drive. Any advice?
pic unrelated
>>
>>32511459

Well if you can't reliably maintain a bank account of $50+ dollars, maybe guns shouldn't be your primary concern.
>>
>>32511459
In my area at least, it was 90% legal talk in a classroom and a written test. The actual shooting part was piss easy. Something like hitting paper (not even silloutte, just paper) of a human target at like 5 meters. Grandmas were doing it.

A CCW class exists to tell you laws and give you the paperwork, not be a high speed operator course. If you've shot a gun before and you understand the concept of "don't pull a gun unless you are in mortal danger" it is a superfluous few hours.
>>
File: 1483363182857.png (240KB, 650x592px) Image search: [Google]
1483363182857.png
240KB, 650x592px
Yeah I took a class, remember its a day class so shit before you go. My class was like 8 hours long, with bathroom breaks and a lunch break.

Do it OP.

Only bad thing was shitty metal chairs we had to sit on in the class.
>>
>>32512170
I forgot to add in some mandatory misogyny- The men in the class seemed to accept and want to get past the law talk. There were a few women who would repeatedly ask the same questions slightly reworded trying to get answers they wanted from the instructor (who stayed very professional and slapped down the stupid as much as possible). They had a fascination with shooting through doors blindly, and intentionally shooting to wound (kneecapping intruders). One woman also insisted she should be able to fire down the street into somebody's back if somebody grabbed her purse and ran off with it.

I heard them talking after the class and some were still making big talk about how they would, I quote, "male somebody suffer" by kneecapping them a few times before pulling them. Same women had trouble operating slides and safeties on their guns. Scary stuff.
>>
File: 1483306317795.jpg (52KB, 960x724px) Image search: [Google]
1483306317795.jpg
52KB, 960x724px
My advice would be pay attention, bring a notepad (probably won't be necessary.) bring brass case ammo training ammo and not JHP.

Shit before you go, bring something to drink and pay attention. If the instructor says take notes do it, if not just be ready.

Basically do what other people do.

When you go shoot a target don't sweep anyone and just do what they say.

Wear comfortable clothes because you'll be sitting on your ass most of the time. Just do what the other people in the class do.

What not to do, go zone out. Go fucking play games on your phone while the old gun instructor is talking. Don't pay attention or listen to what they tell you to do. Come to class full of shit, and leave and go shit up the bathroom during the class. (and everyone knows it was you who stinks.)
>>
>>32512209
Make somebody suffer before killing them.

Typing on a phone sucks sometimes.
>>
Payed 300. 2days with powerslides bout gum handling n law for cc'ing outside. 3rd day we went shooting
>>
File: 1483294368198.gif (800KB, 200x151px) Image search: [Google]
1483294368198.gif
800KB, 200x151px
>>32512209

HAhaha that is funny as fuck.

We had a black guy in our class, who kept asking how he could legally shoot a police dog. IT was awkward as fuck! the guy reworded his question 5 times trying to find a loophole to shoot a police doggo who was after him.

"What if the police hadn't identified themselves and sent their dog into my home? Can't I legally shoot the dog then?"
>>
File: giNuZGK.jpg (403KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
giNuZGK.jpg
403KB, 3264x1836px
A year or so ago I went to a free CCW course at the local gun store given by SIG reps. One was a downright charismatic ex-somethingorother, and the other was an old, overweight, ex-SOF guy who was quite informative but spoke in this horrible monotone and made me uncomfortable. A lot of the people in the room looked impoverished to say the least. There was this one fat guy dressed in full cowboy action gear.

Mr. Charisma talked the most and was really enjoyable to listen to. He passed a bunch of different handguns around the room to let us get a feel for them, and did lots of audience interaction. Then we went to the range and I got stuck with the SOF guy because literally everyone else had lined up to be with the one who was actually likeable.

Fortunately I didn't get assgrabbed, I got to shoot some guns that were worth more than my life, and they didn't even overtly shill any SIG products. Definitely worth it.
>>
>>32511459
I'm in tx. I did my research about the laws before taking the class so I didn't really learn much from it. Most of the class time was spent listening to the instructor tell us his LEO stories.

Also in tx almost every class tried to scare you into buying self defense insurance. Don't fall for it. The instructor makes a commission off of people who buy it. They wasted an hour of our time with it.
>>
File: 1483377608172.jpg (9KB, 266x324px) Image search: [Google]
1483377608172.jpg
9KB, 266x324px
>>32512893

Pfffft that is so gay.

Our instructor went into an anti-communist rant in addition to his LEO stories and offered everyone discount LEO grade OC spray.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.