[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have several accosting types of persons coming to my door step.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 2

File: 34563457.png (408KB, 632x393px) Image search: [Google]
34563457.png
408KB, 632x393px
I have several accosting types of persons coming to my door step.

>Census Bureau
>Jehovah witnesses
>Federal mail stuffing my fucking inbox with paper spam for credit cards I have never used or wanted

Is it legal to simply answer the door with a pistol or shotgun in hand pointed off to the side and finger off the trigger?

I just want to be left the fuck alone and every other day it is some other cock sucker knocking to waste my time.
>>
>>32510645
brandishing a firearm is illegal.
>>
>>32510645
People like you shouldn't own guns
>>
>>32510651
>>32510653
What is the fucking point of owning a firearm if you cannot present it in a none threatening way to inform everyone who badgers you to fuck off and never come back? I am inside my own residence. I an not pointing it anyone or anything.

I just want everyone to leave my house alone. What is so hard about that?
>>
>>32510674
>why can't I threaten people in a non-threatening way

Are you retarded or trolling?
>>
>>32510683
>you have a constitutional right to own a firearm
>but for GOD'S SAKE never let anyone KNOW you own a firearm
>>
>>32510701
I agree with >>32510653
>>
>>32510645
just stick it in your waistband or get an OTB holster, point will be made or at least you'll make them extremely uncomfortable
>>
>>32510735
Can you elaborate on why you think a US citizen should be denied his constitutional right to bare arms because he dared to use them in a none violent way?

Was it not just this last year a few dozen Patriots stood up to hired Government thugs over land ownership. Each with a OC piece and on horse back. They forced back the federal front into retreat because they lacked the spine to stand up to people who were willing to fight back.

My situation is obviously different but to say some people should not own a firearm because you disagree with their usage is self destructive.
>>
>>32510770
>Can you elaborate on why you think a US citizen should be denied his constitutional right to bare arms because he dared to use them in a none violent way?

Threatening someone is violent. What the fuck? How do you not understand this?

>Was it not just this last year a few dozen Patriots stood up to hired Government thugs over land ownership. Each with a OC piece and on horse back. They forced back the federal front into retreat because they lacked the spine to stand up to people who were willing to fight back.

Do you know any details of their case? They weren't paying for that fucking land and were begging for handouts.

> to say some people should not own a firearm because you disagree with their usage is self destructive.

So if some nigger shot up a kindergarten and I said he shouldn't own guns you would condemn me for it?

You are one seriously stupid fuck. I genuinely hope this is just a shitty troll and that people as dumb as you don't actually exist
>>
>>32510794
>Threatening someone is violent.
If I point a weapon directly in someone's face I'd agree with you. That is well out of line. Simply holding a weapon at rest stance or at your side is not threatening or brandishing. Not while you are within the confines of your own home. Go out into the street and you got a point but we are talking about door knockers.

>Do you know any details of their case?
Like the Indians in North Dakota. Either way their right to self arm forced the government to back off and consider if it was worth the effort. That is all I want. I want people to fuck off my porch and leave me the hell alone. I'd never use it against an innocent person but if my home gets a reputation that all that horseshit just seems to fall through the cracks. No one is risking their lives to deliver bogus credit scam envelopes.

>race baiting shit
I expected more. If you shoot up children of fucking course you take him down. What kind of argument is that? The fact you see this as a black and white issue is what is wrong with you. I'm mulatto for your information. Take your shitty /pol/ arguments there.
>>
Depends on the state but if you put up a big NO TRESPASSING sign I think at that point if they come on your property you can have em arrested or maybe point a gun at them
>>
Start answering the door nude. Put a dead stop to those fucking scientologists
>>
>>32510965
>NO TRESPASSING

You also might want a NO SOLICITORS sign.
>>
>>32510651

some states dont have brandishing laws, and that only applies in public.
>>
>>32511041
how about PRIVATE PROPERTY, NO ENTRY
>>
I dunno, OP.

Do it and see what happens.

The thread has more or less told you what will happen, and as much as you might object to it there isn't really a whole lot that can be done about it. Either they'll leave and never come back or they'll go to the police and make an ungodly amount of trouble for you. In either case, you're marring the reputation of law abiding gun owners everywhere.

You could just ignore them. Don't answer the door or, if you must answer the door, close the door in their faces. You seem to dislike them enough to want to imply threat of deadly force upon repeated visiting, surely you give little enough of a fuck about them to just close the door once it's apparent they're wasting your time and the conversation is going nowhere.

You are under no compulsion to keep talking to them, after all.

Or you could put up that no trespassing sign, and tell them that the next time they show up uninvited you're calling the cops. That'd probably do the job just as well, and there's no need to risk expensive court proceedings.

Hell, you don't have to answer the door for the mailman. Don't you have a mailbox?

You sound like one of those sovereign citizen types. Or you're a troll.
>>
>>32510794
>holding a gun is violent.

You spineless pussy
>>
>>32511081
How about
>NO SOLICITING

Which I'm pretty sure by law (at least in Oregon) all door to door cucks have to abide by.
>>
>>32510645
Definitely not in hand. I think it's a bad way to deter people and a good way to get the police to pay you special attention. But if you absolutely want to, just sling your shotgun over your back, or wear your pistol in its holster, visible. Don't say anything like "I have a gun" and don't draw any attention to it. My father has a friend who lives in a bad part of Atlanta, and constantly wears his pistol at home. Nothing illegal about that.
>>
>wanting to threaten someone by brandishing a gun because you feel bothered

you americans are proper mental.
>>
>>32511138
Nah, just this guy.

As you can see, most of the thread's calling him nuts, because he is.
>>
>>32510965
>>32511041
>>32511113

this never made any sense to me, but admittedly i don't know shit about the technicalities of it -- does posting signs like this have any effect, legally? why would your private property be any more private than someone else's? just seems redundant. barely related but it reminds me of how beware of dog signs are actually dumb things to post because they're seen as admissions that you know your dog is dangerous.
>>
>>32511166
Property rights are not so stringent you can shoot anyone that walks up to your doorstep (unless you live in Texas), so there's an implied right of passage there to get your attention and conduct business. All the same, you're entitled to have people who you don't want on your land not be on your land, and by putting up one of those signs you're telling solicitors you aren't interested prematurely and so they have had advance warning and have no excuse if they persist in bothering you.
>>
>>32511166
It depends on your State and local laws. I believe most areas have solicitation restriction laws but religious groups are mostly exempt since proselytizing is protected under the first amendment.
>>
Call the organizations that bother you and tell them that you're not interested in their services. If they keep bothering you, you'll have the law on your side.
>>
>>32510833
>Simply holding a weapon at rest stance or at your side is not threatening or brandishing. Not while you are within the confines of your own home. Go out into the street and you got a point but we are talking about door knockers.

So remind us again why you need to show them the gun? You said you're not threatening them with it
>>
>>32510645
>I just want to be left the fuck alone and every other day it is some other cock sucker knocking to waste my time.
you don't need a gun for that
>>
>>32510645
The last census was 7 years ago and they only have one every 10 years as MANDATED in the Constitution.

Are you really still butt hurt because I knocked on your door just as you got the dragon didlo past the knot?
>>
>>32510645
>census bureau
they only come to your door if you don't fill out and mail back the forms and that is one every 10 years
which means a census worker has not come to your door in 6 years

>Jehovah's Witnesses/Mormons
tell them that you were formerly a member but are now an apostate
you'll get put on a "never go to this house" list
there's specific things you can say to each to get on this list
>mail
get a mailbox

and no, you can't brandish a shotgun just because you're annoyed, especially since these people don't pose any threat beyond annoyance to you
>>
>>32511198
stop perpetuating the "Texas gun utopia/dystopia" myth
>>
>>32510645
Fwiw, something like this happened in my area a few years ago

Without getting into the theoretical and ideological ideas at work here, let me just tell you how it ended

>Guy answers the door with ar15
>whoever was knocking gtfo
I don't remember who it was, but it was someone with legit business knocking on this man's door
>calls cops
>cops shot up
>unstable gun and door dude gets indignant
>muh rights
>see I'm not brandishing, I'm just holding my gun in a non threatening manner
>"drop it? Drop what? This loaded gun I'm waving around?
>shot and killed
>>
>>32510645
buy a gimp suit, answer the door dressed in it and covered in KY sex lube, no one will ever bother you again
>>
>>32512691
God I hope that becomes OP. He sounds like the exact kind of idiot to do that.
>>
>>32510645
No. When they come to take your guns it'll be the jehovas witnesses.

Make my words.
>>
>>32511072
>and that only applies in public.
No, it doesn't
>>
>>32512577
IIRC in Texas if you have a sign you become the law on your property. Pretty sure some guy shot trick or treaters in the Houston area.
>>
>>32512691

>put down the weapon!
>it's not a weapon it's a to-
>BANG BANG BANG
>>
>Jehovah's Witnesses
You... Do realize you can just ask them politely to not come again, and they won't come again, right? Same thing with Mormons.
t. friend is a JW
>>
>>32512811
JWs are lame. At least Mormons gave us John Browning.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.