[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Used by dozens of countries through both world wars and beyond,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

File: FT17Kabul.jpg (122KB, 787x459px) Image search: [Google]
FT17Kabul.jpg
122KB, 787x459px
Used by dozens of countries through both world wars and beyond, what year do you think the FT-17 became obsolete?
>>
>>32508286
>>
Early 1930s at the earliest.

That said, having tanks, even if obsolete is still having tanks
>>
>>32508286
For a while it was still im service in a lot of countries, and some models even got a modern work up to be more valuable in battle. Plus a lot of countries understood that a damn good but obsolete tank was better than a shitty prototype or just no tank at all. It could keep up with a good amount of the early war tanks, especially with a good crew. I'd choose an ft-17 over a panzer 1 or 2 just about any day
>>
File: ISIS_Light_Tank.jpg (22KB, 700x399px) Image search: [Google]
ISIS_Light_Tank.jpg
22KB, 700x399px
>>32508286

It's not a "when", it's a "where". There are countries around today that a battalion of FTs could steamroll regardless of the opposition, because they have no arms capable of penetrating it. Do you think anybody would bother making these things, which are worse than the FT is almost every way, if they were at least not situationally effective?
>>
>>32508506
It's more like sandniggers can't handle logistics.

They have Abrams, it's just that you can't keep a fleet of Abrams running without a steady supply of spare parts and a competent corps of mechanics.
>>
File: tank laughs.jpg (69KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
tank laughs.jpg
69KB, 500x333px
>>32508286
It's just called the FT
>>
File: 1471618760935.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1471618760935.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>32508506
You got the equation backwards bro. Anti material rifles and tows are all over the goddamn place. Its not that they dont have small arms capable of taking out a sand crawler, its that they have the choice between riding into a fight in a 95 toyota camry, or building a sandcrawler that will provide a tiny modicum of protection. In those circumstances up armored trucks might make sense.
>>
>>32508910
It also helps that half of these farmers couldn't fucking hit the broadside of a barn, inside of the barn
>>
>>32508300
In 1917 it was one of the most modern tanks around. no one else was making a (comparatively) small tank with a single turret on top. It became the standard tank design, used to this day.

I would say it became obsolete around 1920, although it was still better than no tanks in undeveloped countries.
>>
File: 1480990067472.gif (1MB, 296x142px) Image search: [Google]
1480990067472.gif
1MB, 296x142px
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.