[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've watched Zulu recently and I have some questions: >why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1271.jpg (1MB, 2560x1519px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1271.jpg
1MB, 2560x1519px
I've watched Zulu recently and I have some questions:

>why didn't the Zulu use bows and arrows considering how much superior they were compared to single shot rifles when you have over 3k soldiers?

>why didn't the British have real melee weapons to fight against an enemy that only used short spears? Sure bayonets are fine and all, but a sword or a huge wall of spears would have wrecked the Zulus.

>Why didn't the Zulus just Zerg rush the British from ALL sides? If you can send a bunch of people to die just to count the guns, surely life is expendable in the Zulu army.

So any explanations for these questions?
>>
>bayonets
>wall of spears
what is a Martini-Henry with a long-ass bayonet at the end of it?
>>
Firstly
>ywn face a hostile spear, a new frontier
why even live?
Bows and arrows werent in the Zulu arsenal, dont think they ever were, a rifle with a bayonet is essentialy a spear, and if your the zulus you really wanna rush in tight clusters knowing you're being shot at
>>
>>32504082
1. this is South Africa, they were about as advanced a Abo's

2. because they were trained to fight in european wars against other nations with guns, and were equipped as such

3. they did zerg rush from all sides in the last battle scene right after the singing battle
>>
Now to be clear are you talking about the movie or the real life event.
>>
>Sure bayonets are fine and all, but a sword or a huge wall of spears would have wrecked the Zulus.

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>Sure bayonets are fine and all, but a sword or a huge wall of spears would have wrecked the Zulus.

>100 men with swords would have been better than 100 men with rifles

This is an 18+ board.
>>
>>32504148
An overly heavy and short spear
>>
>>32504082
Its a movie you dumb shit.
>>
>>32504082
>>why didn't the British have real melee weapons to fight against an enemy that only used short spears?

What fucktarded logic do you have where you feel a man with a rifle needs to stop using it to fight a man with a spear.

Do you know what you do? You shoot the fucker and ten of his mates when they're a hundred meters from you.
>>
>>32504082
bow and arrows have limited range, bayos are a melee weapon and were a big part of military doctrine of that era, they did zerg rush them

>>32504260
rorke's drift actually happened and the battle scenes are heralded as being quite historically accurate

>>32504265
you do know they were horrendously outnumbered and the bayo was very handy for them in that battle, right?
>>
>>32504082
Congratulations, you made a waste of a thread only to have anons tell you your retarded because you asked stupid questions. You should feel accomplished.
>>
>>32504308
>you do know they were horrendously outnumbered and the bayo was very handy for them in that battle, right?

You know they also shot a fuckload of people, right?
>>
>>32504308
>and the battle scenes are heralded as being quite historically accurate

No, they're not. Not in the slightest.
>>
I always figured the Zulus were not really expecting the Brits to put up much of a fight. After all, doesn't the Pastor mention they just got done slaughtering some real force, and then there's these guys, half of them are drunk, injured, or Welsh.
>>
Thread theme:
https://youtu.be/DRtnWVvDX6k
>>
Why didn't the British just mine the area around the camp?
>>
>>32504148
And some guts behind it sir.
>>
>>32506188

Easy mode would've been to have several soldiers play Johnny Appleseed with caltrops around the camp. They're facing an enemy fighting barefoot after all. Better yet is if the caltrops have barbs so they can't be easily removed.
>>
File: UA571C_285Pyxurz.jpg (170KB, 1600x1053px) Image search: [Google]
UA571C_285Pyxurz.jpg
170KB, 1600x1053px
>>32504082

Why not just set up these around the perimeter?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.