[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Searched the catalog and couldn't find a boot thread, so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

File: addidawave2.jpg (225KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
addidawave2.jpg
225KB, 900x675px
Searched the catalog and couldn't find a boot thread, so how about a discussion on your favorite boots to operate in.

>if its not waterproof it doesn't count.
>>
>>32500093
mid moabs
>>
I personally love hiking boots but I want to give a good combat boot a go. must be waterproof, steel toe is cool but optional
>>
>>32500103
I hate the meshy stuff they make shoes out of, it falls apart if you get rough and gritty in the woods.
>>
>>32500124
hasnt happened to me yet but the waterproofing is failing on one so looking for something new
>>
I've got four pairs of boots; two Meindls and two Haix

two of them are steel-nosed and the other two are hardened-plastic-nosed

i wore my first Haix for 7 years, then switched to Meindls, then Haix, now I'm wearing Meindls again. They're great fucking boots.
>>
>>32500093
North Face Verbera
>stylish
>waterproof
>will grip anything and everything
>lasts forever/durable material
>>
File: 20161219_040412.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_040412.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>32500142
pic related, my fav boots
>>
>>32500136
Look into a hydrophobic spray
unless its an actual tear/rip
then "i told you so"
>>
>>32500112
Ebay
>>
I bought a pair of nike sfb jungle boots a few days ago. I love them, they're lightweight and comfortable. If only they were waterproof
>>
>>32500093
Salomons
>>32500242
what a meme
>>
File: image.jpg (109KB, 660x511px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
109KB, 660x511px
Bought about 2 years ago and have put a lot of miles on them. Need new insoles but otherwise holding up.
>>
>>325000933
Merrel
MOAB
>>
>>32500093
I honestly find that buying a second hand pair of firefighter boots usually does pretty well. I am a welder and their nature is also well suited to my career.
>>
>>32500093
>buys waterproof mid height boots
>goes innawoods and steps in creek
>water goes in top of boots
> boot takes 9 lifetimes to dry because of "waterproof" lining

No boot will keep ur feet 100% dry if you spend enough consecutive days innawoods. I much prefer a fast drying boot.
>>
File: IMG_1904.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1904.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
I just got these Rockports the other day. More urban styled. I live in CA after all. I like them though.
>>
>>32500136
burs and thorns picked mine apart. started buying solid leather shoes because of it.
>>
File: shinhi.jpg (4KB, 225x199px) Image search: [Google]
shinhi.jpg
4KB, 225x199px
No one operates in combat boots anymore?
>>
>>32502345

That's why I carry water shoes or use gaiters if needing to cross a stream. The waterproof membrane in mid hiking boots are to protect from puddles or trekking through wet grass or something.
>>
>>32502482
Wet grass is the worst culprit for why waterproof mids suck. Grass gets ur socks wet which wick inside boots....wet feet inside a waterproof membrane...yuck. Waterproof mids are only good for running around a rainy city where a parking lot puddle is the worst thing they will face.
>>
>>32502444
ATAC
Jungle boots
uhhh mulsurp?

I think ATAC is the best on the market
>>
>>32502593

I have danner acadias. But honestly, I feel a lot more restricted and slower wearing heavy leather boots compared to light hikers.
>>
>>32500093
where to cop those pants though?
>>
>>32502615

Those look like https://grey-shop.ru/Camouflage/Summer-Clothes/Trousers-Becas in "Green Kamush" pattern.
>>
>>32500093
I need something that'll prevent trenchfoot on daily 18mi slogs
>tfw you've worn boots all your life and factory work kills your feet worse than being outdoors
>>
>>32502613
I got Danner patrols,6 inch acadias basically.. Imo, they look nice, will last forever, pretty comfy but fuck are they heavy and noisy. If you needed to be stealthy, don't count on it, people will hear you clomping from a mile away.
>>
>>32502524
>Grass gets ur socks wet which wick inside boots

Quit buying shitty boots then. Gore Tex does not fail.
>>
>>32500112
>steel toe
Steel toe is shit if you're doing a lot of miles, anon. That's why composite safety toes are a thing.
>>
>>32505442
lol

ALL rain gear fails eventually, bro. It's a matter of how much you subject it to.

And he's right about the wicking. GTX is designed to wick moisture off your feet. Guess what happens if your did get wet? It wicks it right up into the lining until you're standing in a fucking lake.

There's no way out of it, honestly. You NEED the insulation and waterproofing if you want boots suitable for serious use. But if they do manage to soak through prepare for misery.

t. USFS Wilderness trail worker.
>>
>>32506073
>if water gets IN your boot your feet will get wet

No kidding

His point was that waterproof mids suck in the woods and grass. They don't. GTX will keep your feet dry without fail until it literally seeps over the top of the boot.
>>
>>32500159
Careful you don't cut yourself on all of that edge.
>>
>>32506559
I can tell you exactly what he meant because I experienced it. Wake up. Get camp broken down. Walk through a field of grass that's about knee high still wet with morning dew. Wearing shorts, waterproof mids with socks exposed above top of boots. By the time I got to the other side of the field my legs below my knees were soaked along with my socks which wicked all the moisture down into my boots and I spent all day with wet feet. Boots still weren't fully dry the next morning. Gave up on waterproof boots the next season in favor of something that can breathe. Same scenario as above and I literally walked myself dry that same day with much less overall discomfort.
>>
>>32507753
>Wearing shorts
>Walking though knee high wet grass
>MY BOOTS DIDNT PROTECT ME FROM GETTING WET WHEN I LET WATER INTO AN INGRESS POINT THEY FAILED ME
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.