[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's your opinion about Open Carry? For? Against? Neutral?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 92
Thread images: 16

File: O-C.jpg (78KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
O-C.jpg
78KB, 720x960px
What's your opinion about Open Carry?

For? Against? Neutral?

Have a say.
>>
I support it.
>>
>>32495969
>longarms
Why?
>pistols
Sure
>a howitzer?
Fookin' legend
>>
Totally in favor of oc'ing whatever you want, but you look like a faggot if you oc anything bigger than a handgun
>>
>>32495969
Support it but wouldn't do it.
>>
I support it, I wouldn't carry anything other than a pistol.
>>
>>32495969
for it being legal and i understand there are situations where it is necessary.

but i think that pointlessly carrying a rifle inside target or whatever only gives ammo to the grabbers. I dont see what is to be gained by scaring a bunch of busybody soccermoms
>>
Open carrying anything other than pistols or knives is for autists
>>
>>32495969
almost always the move of an attention-seeking retard, but

SHALL
>>
>>32496027
NOT
>>
>>32495969

I support it, but those knobheads who open carry AKs, ARs and other long guns are just being autistic dicks.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean you have to do it.
>>
Stupid, prepare to be the first guy shot when the shit goes down.
>>
File: 23423523123.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
23423523123.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>>32496037
[spoiler]PASS[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1482086516428.jpg (59KB, 1080x1188px) Image search: [Google]
1482086516428.jpg
59KB, 1080x1188px
From a legal viewpoint: Perfectly fine as long as you're not brandishing it

From a personal standpoint: if done with anything larger than a handgun then you're a fag
>>
>>32495969
I support it, but I think OC of a long arm is just a little silly. OC of a handgun is fine. Would I OC a long arm? Yeah maybe a little
>>
>>32495969
I'm fine with handguns. Rifles are over doing it in a normal setting.
>>
>>32496049
Know how I know you're not from /k/?
>>
>>32495969
It's pointless, unless of course you want to look like an insecure little bitch.
Also it makes you a target.
>>
>>32496060
>6060
WHAT DID KEK MEAN BY THIS?
>>
fine for handguns, retarded for long guns
I understand people doing this shit as some sort of constitutional display/protest, but people strapping an AR/AK to their back to get groceries gives every gun owner a bad name
>>
>>32495969
I think it's fine to oc handguns, but people who oc long guns in public make gun owners look bad. It also just looks stupid.
>>
Good oc a fucking warship for all I care.

Dont care if somone looks [insert insult here] while doing it.

Ive only ever ocd pistols but fuck maybe someday i will want to go walk around with my rifle because Im american and i can.

Nothing says dont fucking come around commiting crimes like a bunch of armed citizens hanging around.
>>
For.

An ideal society is a society where everyone is armed.
>>
Open carry is a good thing.
>perfect for OWB/hip/thigh holsters for large handguns
>cops can't hassle you for walking your raifu or shotgun to the range
>pretend you're John Wayne or Han Solo
>>
>>32495969
I'm all for the right to do it, but 100% against the faggots that go out in public in groups while filming it, trying to incite a response.
>>
>all these people who unironically support OC of handguns but not rifles

All of you need a massive redpill.

There is no point in OCing a handgun because all handguns chambered in common calibers that are capable of achieving at least 12 inches of penetration in ballistic gelatin are fundamentally the same. A Glock 26 with 2 Glock 17 mags and 1 33 round mag for backup carried concealed is the same as a Glock 17 with 2 Glock 17 mags and 1 33 round for backup carried openly.

There is a point in OCing an AR, as that gives you an advantage that is not obtainable with CC and actually allows you to face any possible situation without problems. You actually have a fighting chance of winning in a firefight against multiple attackers that are armed with rifles when you have an AR on your back. Someone who only has a handgun cannot say the same.

>inb4 that's statistically unlikely to ever happen!

Sure, and so are things like getting into a car accident or your house catching on fire. The same reason why we have seat belts and fire extinguishers--to deal with improbable but harrowing life-ending situations--is why any responsible citizen should be in favor of open carry. Stop falling for the left's propaganda, /k/.
>>
>>32496411
OC handgun= faster draw you retard
>>
>>32496411
>The same reason why we have seat belts and fire extinguishers--to deal with improbable but harrowing life-ending situations

>car accidents and home fires are "improbable"

ok im all for OC but you really need to take a step back before you say shit like this

i understand your point, but being wounded/killed in an active shooter situation is in fact so unlikely, statistically speaking, it's even less than "improbable".

in so many words, your argument is invalid
>>
When I'm going for full comfy I just grab a polo and tuck into some kahkis with my nice leather OWB holster. Nobody ever gives me a second look, they just think I'm a local deputy or security or something. And in the winter it's the best of both worlds.
>>
>>32496482
The vast majority of instances of people using their guns don't end with any shots fired, and the ones that require shots to be fired typically end in 3 shots or less.

Everyone knows this. Even so, anyone with sense and the ability to do so does not carry a gun that holds less than 12 rounds and will probably have at least 2 reloads ready. Why? Because, options and the ability to deal with a wider array of potential situations as good, even if statistics say that you will probably not face any such situations yourself.

The same rationale applies to open carry. The only actual difference is that the left has successfully created a stigma about open carry in the same way that they did with the notion of religion and public morality being evil/unfashionable. Take a red pill and break free from the brainwashing.
>>
>>32495969

its stupid. all oc does is scare the shit out of people and gives antis more reason to hate us.

>hurr durr there was a mass shooting
>i better carry my gun in a public place

there is absolutely no practical reason to carry a gun openly. all it does is make you a target if somebody wanted to fuck with you.
>>
File: bp.jpg (90KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
bp.jpg
90KB, 800x500px
>>32496583
They didn't create the stigma, you just look fucking retarded OCing a rifle while running errands, and it's definitely a recent thing. Most people wouldn't bat an eye at a gun rack in a truck, someone moving guns from their house to their vehicle of vice versa, hunters coming back from a trip. But just hauling your rifle for funsies is like wearing a katana.

The whole open carry thing recently has become a protest of sorts, and in some ways I do and don't agree with it. However, there is no substantial history of this ever being a thing, you don't need it in a first world society. Last time OC like this comes to mind is the Black Panthers, and that's a whole other can of worms.

I support it, but holy shit you look dumb.
>>
If you are going to OC, you should follow some common sense. Handguns are the preferable OC gun and should be kept in its holster at all times. If you are an autistic faggot and MUST carry a long gun on your long patrols into Walmart, it should be slung on your back or in a scabbard. None of this low ready crap.

Also, please try to dress nice. If you're wearing a nice button up shirt and dockers most people will just assume you are a detective. If you dress like a gang banger or like a sister fucker, someone is gonna call the cops.

And for the love of God if the cops show up, behave yourself. I don't care what your political beliefs are, sitting there and autistically screeching "AM I BEING DETAINED?!?!?!" makes you look retarded, and thus makes anyone who OCs look retarded. Just because you know your rights doesn't mean you need to be an ass.
>>
>>32495969
long arm open carry is cancer
>>
>10 mm

Why oc when you can cc a glock 20?
>>
>>32495969
>safety off
I want to scream
>>
>>32496706
>Hurrr what if thirty soviet time traveling paratroopers crash through the roof?
>Then I'll have to take the two seconds to put the rifle on fire

These are pretty much the mindset of anyone who OCs a rifle.
>>
>>32495969
Kinda like I feel about people wearing t-shirts with expletives on them.

It's your right to do so BUT it's in poor taste for most public venues. That doesn't mean tastes don't change over time or that my fee fees should in any way be written into law.

So, I support it.
>>
>>32495969
i don't support it for reasons

1. some guy could see you as a mass shooter/terrorist and shoot you, there you just lost your life because you're a stupid show off (and possible got an innocent guy jailed)

2.you may think it's a criminal deterrent but it's the opposite, it's bad for your health
if there's a robbery or a terrorist attack you'd be the number one target (i.e tyrone sneaks up on you from behind and mag dumps you, did your AK OC help you now?)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3JOXMjo1s4

3.generally disturbing the peace and making an ass out of yourself

Also; rifles are pretty unwieldy, you can pull your CC pistol in 0.5 seconds, i'd like to see you try to untangle your AK's sling from your back, lmao.
>>
>>32495969
i think it's a valid form of freedom of speech. A lot of people do it for stupid reasons though.
>>
>>32496655
How about adopt some common sense gun laws and stop having guns altogether?

The PRfags are sickening.
>>
>>32496875
There's no statistics that support the idea that people target the people with long guns.

They actively avoid people with long guns.
>>
>>32496875
>1
Well, he won't be innocent after lighting a random dude up without provocation.

>2
States with open carry have a lower violent crime rate, if anything it's a deterrent, but for PerSec, I agree.

>3
Agreed.
>>
>>32496654
>However, there is no substantial history of this ever being a thing, you don't need it in a first world society
It's not a bill of need, you stupid fuck.,
>>
>>32496049

/tg/ get out of here, isn't there an Only War session you're supposed to be ruining?
>>
>>32496967
>disturbing the peace
>by carrying a long gun
Explain this logic, it literally harms less people than smoking.
>>
>>32496976
>guy you don't know barges in with a rifle
>not disturbing
pick one
>>
>>32496976
Normies sperging out and causing an air of panic, soccer mom memes.
>>
It's fine outdoors I guess but stupid if you're getting groceries or whatever
>>
I support it in general, but doing it to freak the mundanes and make a political statement is dumb and only gives the anti's ammo to show people how unhinged gun owners are. Do it if you have to, but keep it subtle.
>>
>>32496959
>>32496976
you faggots know how easy it is to get the cops inside the area, make a massive spergout and ruin everyone's day just because someone saw an AK and yelled "GUN" ?
>>
>>32497038
No? Because that happens regardless when fags discover you have a gun on you.
>>
>>32496993
How does that disturb me?
>>
>>32497064
That's exactly why people CC
>>
>>32497071
well the fact that when people carry rifles into a public place means they want tom massacre the the place or take hostages
>>
>>32497091
Well, that's wrong, isn't it?
>>32497075
So they CC because they fear people, nice to know.
>>
>>32495969
I support it, but not the people that often do it. Pic related
>>
>>32497132
>because they fear people
It's called personal security dingus, smart people generally don't advertise things that would bring negative attention to them. It'd be just like a wealthy person waving around jewelry and wads of cash not realizing this may get them targeted. Or fags in a clearly homophobic area sauntering around in tight britches.
>>
>>32497252
So exactly because they fear people, and it's irrational fear too since statistics show that less long guns OCers are harmed than even CCers.
>>
>>32495969
For; for all weapons.
>>
>>32497269
Yeah, it's fear, but we aren't talking just about being assaulted. We were talking about the unwanted attention. Libs sperging out about a gun is no different than some piece of trailer trash sperging out about someone walking around Walmart with a Clinton shirt.
>>
>>32497324
So basically fear of PR.

Fun fact: do not fear PR, the mass love confident, consistent men, not people who fear their own shadow.
>>
File: open carry.jpg (17KB, 250x344px) Image search: [Google]
open carry.jpg
17KB, 250x344px
>>32497336
Keep on telling yourself whatever you have to in order to justify it buddy. Just take a look at the tone on those news reports about OCers, it's not exactly your perception of reality.
>>
>>32497373
And these OCs are literally not harmed or even persecuted, they go on with your lives.

Stop fearing what society think of you, buddy.
>>
I don't understand carrying anything that needs a non attached strap. Like, just for your own comfort. Having a rifle strapped on you've gotta angle it getting in and out of a car, anytime you sit down/stand up, just walking it can flop against you. Just carry a pistol. They're far easier to pull from your hip if you need to use it versus shifting a rifle off your back, too, and I'm not faggy enough to carry a rifle on my chest except in the case of being in a SHTF scenario.
>>
>>32497483
I carry a rifle because a rifle is literally better for combat than pistol in every singleway.
>>
File: tunnel rats rule.jpg (59KB, 661x1051px) Image search: [Google]
tunnel rats rule.jpg
59KB, 661x1051px
>>32497491
>WRONG.gif
>>
>>32497508
They didn't have suppressed SBR back then.
>>
File: 9af2d46a61fc6d660503794359ab2adf.jpg (603KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
9af2d46a61fc6d660503794359ab2adf.jpg
603KB, 2048x1536px
>>32497515
Also wrong.
>>
>>32497515
Please tell us about the last time you were in combat
>>
>>32497530
That's a SMG mon ami.
>>
>>32497544
I'm retarded that's meant for
>>32497491
>>
>>32497544
My previous trip to Walmart.
>>
Wished there was a ban on long gun abuse like dumbshits it OP's pic, but I know it'd get abused and driven too far and impede on normal people's freedoms.

We really need to do something about these fucks who wear rifles as a fashion statement instead of using them sensibly. It gives us a bad image and lowers the bar.
>>
>>32496411
Why so mad?
>>
>>32497571
I would like to say nice try but I don't know if this is a genuine post or not.
>>
>>32495969

Open carrying is totally fine, but you'll have to leave your fedora and katana at home
>>
>>32497586
Because he right.
>>
File: second.gif (212KB, 1166x875px) Image search: [Google]
second.gif
212KB, 1166x875px
>>32496623
>>
File: k.jpg (346KB, 1852x1041px) Image search: [Google]
k.jpg
346KB, 1852x1041px
>>32495969

Look at this fucking cunt. Probably scaring the shit out of everyone in the store. The nerve of him wearing that fedora in the middle of a supermarket.
>>
File: 212sbr6.jpg (171KB, 800x647px) Image search: [Google]
212sbr6.jpg
171KB, 800x647px
>>32497546
Hush child.
>>
File: you.jpg (65KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
65KB, 1024x576px
>>32496411

>actually have a fighting chance of winning in a firefight against multiple attackers

>lives on a golf course in a gated community

siq
>>
>>32497654
Looks more like trilby, which is even worse. Monster like him should be burned at the stake.
>>
>>32495969
Handgun absolutely ok in the city.
You don't need a rifle in the city, moron.

If innawoods, I will be glad to meet another rifle guy. I carry a rifle innawoods always. It just means that there is another dude doing the same thing as me. I have met these random guys innawoods for the last 10 years. Always the same cool stuff, not really tactical ever but just guys carrying rifles on their backs.
>>
>>32496411
It won't happen unless you are actively trying to start a firefight or you live in Red Dawn
>>
>>32497713
Now that I think about it, you're kind of an asshole if you carry an AK into a city unless you want to kill the people behind the 'attacker'
>>
>>32495985
This is now my goal, to get a working howitzer, teach my wife to load it, and I'll make a custom waist strap to cart it around

>Give you your money, as Sholes!
>run around 180 degrees
>wife opens chamber as I rip off my belt
>drop howitzer toward enemy
>"LOAD ROUND"
>wife loads 105mm HE round
>grip rip chord
>"FIRE, FIRE, FIRE"
>turn 90 degrees
>entire wall of windows on building next to us shatters
>everything is silent
>everyone within 100m is now deaf
>turn around for adjustment
>"ROUND ON TARGET, GOOD HIT."
>entire city block where he was standing, all around us, is now a smoldering heap of rebel
>strap back on artillery piece
>>
>>32495993
This. Anybody is entitled to carry and I'm free to think that they're dumb
>>
>>32495969
for it being legal, against the actual practice for long arms, indifferent on the actual practice for handguns
>>
File: 1373070910691.jpg (181KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1373070910691.jpg
181KB, 720x540px
>>32495969

I approve of it on principle but if you open carry and ESPECIALLY if it's a longgun I will automatically assume you are an enormous f-a-g-g-o-t that is addicted to cramming BBC in your anus-hole every weekend night.
>>
>>32495969
Wtf is this at an ice cream shop on nantucket island? I thought Massachusetts had super restrictive gun laws?
>>
>>32495993
this, unless a riot, natural disaster or SHTF in general is happening you will look like a attention whoring faggot open carrying a rifle.
Thread posts: 92
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.