[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do SOF and spooks still use dedicated fighting knives or do they

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_4154.jpg (25KB, 676x507px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4154.jpg
25KB, 676x507px
Do SOF and spooks still use dedicated fighting knives or do they use utility knives like the kabar? I understand why utility knives are widely issued because they can be used for so many tasks, but they lack the "oh shit" factor of pic related.
>>
>>32494853
>but they lack the "oh shit" factor of pic related.
Because when im being stabbed its
>"Wow look how scary that knife is"
>>
>>32494853
they use suppressors for killing dudes now

knives are so 1940s
>>
File: IMG_4156.png (295KB, 620x427px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4156.png
295KB, 620x427px
>>32494866

Do you think the dboys and SAD operatives use a kabar like all the other prole grunts? No, they go for pure killing blades.
>>
File: shitsword.jpg (95KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
shitsword.jpg
95KB, 1000x1000px
>>32494853
For SOF knives are largely a personal choice. I use to have a major who was SF support (chem officer) and he told us there was one guy on the alpha team who actually carried a short sword and the other guys gave him shit for it. His response was "You never know". From description I think it looked like pic related.
>>
File: IMG_1019.jpg (132KB, 600x739px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1019.jpg
132KB, 600x739px
Delta patch has that dagger
>>
File: IMG_1018.png (133KB, 1136x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1018.png
133KB, 1136x1920px
>>32494984
>>
>>32494984
So do the other army sf patches. It's not a sykes knife though it's a V42 stiletto. They were used by the "Devils Brigade", aka the 1st special service force. It was one of the 2 WW2 predecessor units to modern US army special forces. It's use in the SF crest is meant to denote SF lineage. The crest also uses a pair of crossed arrows to represent the Alamo scouts. Modern SF however do not use the knife and it is no longer in production.
>>
>>32494853
It is still issued to SF and Marines here, both are still trained how to use it
>>
two words

push dagger
>>
>>32495050
>>32495057
To clarify I mean the V42 is out of production not the sykes.
>>
>>32495114
Boker and Hanwei make V42 replicas that are actually decent knives and not just display pieces.

>source: bought a hanwei and stuck it into my various sword targets and it didn't break
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.