[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was given 800 rounds of cast .45 in these 50 round sealed bags.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 45cast.jpg (716KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
45cast.jpg
716KB, 1440x2560px
I was given 800 rounds of cast .45 in these 50 round sealed bags. I have a Glock 21 and everywhere I've looked online says not to shoot cast through it. Is it worth buying another barrel to be able to use all this?
>>
You could buy a GI model 1911 from RIA, they're cheap and adequate, and it can't hurt to have a 1911 in your collection.
>>
>>32494536
Glocks handle cast just as well as every other polygonal barrel.
Shoot them and clean. No problems.
>>
No guns here
What's wrong with cast and I thought Glocks were suppose to be durable?
>>
>>32494630
It's not about being durable it's about geometry and leading causing a pressure curve after many thousands of rounds and that can cause failure
>>
Hard cast lead or regular lead?

https://youtu.be/C2aQpVKiCN8

Just clean your barrel.

Doesn't matter
>>
Lead boolits and polygonal rifling is a myth. Just shoot your guns and dont worry about it.
>>
>>32494536
You now have an excuse to buy an old M1917 revolver and as many moon clips as you can find.
>>
>>32494611
Just get an auto ordinance, damn it. Flip guns were worth it when they were 300ish but not anymore
>>
Just clean the barrel every 150 rounds if it makes you feel better
>>
>>32495058
They're still around $350 or less for the basic GI model.

Stop letting your FLGS jew you.
>>
>>32494611
>>32495058
Meh, RIA's still not bad.
>>
>>32494536
I shot cast bullets out of my old gen 3 19 a couple years back, it jammed quite a bit, it was weird. Give it a try, I don't think it'll hurt anything to try a few mags worth.
>>
>>32495295
How many you shoot per session?
>>
>>32494536
youll be fine as long as you clean it. like every 200-300 rounds
>>32494784
its not a myth but its not as big a deal as they make it out to be. of course if they didnt say it idiots would shoot thousands of unjacketed lead rounds without cleaning and the guns would explode
>>
>>32494536
Don't shoot some random faggot's handloads.
>>
>>32495369
Yeah, this is good advice. Maybe with a .45 carbine it wouldn't really matter if the idiot double charged.
>>
>>32495378
It would still matter.
>>
>>32495387
It'd fuck up the gun but your hands would still be there.
>>
>>32495425
Possibly not, double charge would still likely blow up the gun.
>>
>>32495316
Like 3 or 4, and 1 out of every 4 rounds would cause a failure to feed. I thought it was just shit ammo, but I tried it in my Sig and had no problems whatsoever.
>>
>>32495489
I has the same issue with my Gen4. For cast or coated i had to seat the projectile about 2mm deeper to stop them getting caught on the feed ramp.

Now i just use plated rounds
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.