[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does the type of gunpowder used for firearms smell the same as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Does the type of gunpowder used for firearms smell the same as the type used in firecrackers?
>>
File: 2big.jpg (949KB, 3856x2452px) Image search: [Google]
2big.jpg
949KB, 3856x2452px
In my experience: no, not really.

(but I'm a euro, we might have different firework types than you do)
>>
>>32492400
It's funpowder that make fireworks go.. So, ya, they smel d same
>>
File: 138466973911.png (1MB, 1023x818px) Image search: [Google]
138466973911.png
1MB, 1023x818px
>>32492411

That said, I have to say old russian surplus smells way different than say western non-tox ammo?

So if you're wondering if you can fake gunpowder smell with firecrackers, the answer is "probably", because no one can know the smell of all available ammo.
>>
>>32492400
Neither one uses gunpowder to go bang. Guns use nitrocellulose and firecrackers use mercury fulminate. Not that black powder is not used at all in fireworks just not for making a report.
>>
>>32492400
hey op i also have the idea of using gunpowder from firecrackers to make a shitty hand cannon with lead pipes using marbles or those pellets from bicycle bearings as projectiles.
is it possible?
>>
>>32492411
I'm European too, I mostly play with Czech and Polish firecrackers.
>>
>>32492415

Smokeless gunpowder commonly used in ammo vs black powder used in fireworks - not really. Although smell of smokeless gunpowder (and chemicals included to it) seems to vary quite a bit - most commercial stuff seems to be practically oderless compared to reek produced by some of the surplus ammo.
>>
>>32492416
Fake gunpowder smell with fireworks? Like you're gonna cap a mothafuka and light a firecracker, be like I dunno? Mu fugga just died, nobody shot, can't you smell? That's not gunfire, that's firecracker, cracker
>>
Not really. Smokless powder smells way sweeter for me while fire crackers dont have a bitter but a distinct "darker" (in lack of a better word) smell.
>>
>>32492477
It's hard to tell if you're ordering up a hooker, or describing the difference between two STD's
>>
Firecrackers do not use black powder, they're made with flash which is KCLO4+AL mostly.

The smell you get from black powder is likely from the sulfur. I don't think smokless powder uses sulfur.

The burst charge in fireworks may have black powder in it but can be boosted with other things.What you smell when a firework goes up is prob from the lift charge which is black powder.
>>
>>32492434
dont know what fucking lethal deathtrap firecrackers youve been using. All the ones i've seen here are flash powder: either kclo4/al or kno3/mg
>>
>>32492434
What the fuck are you on?
>me, buy afukincannagunpowdah
>Dats nawt gunpowduhrhurr
>>
Smokeless gunpowder & black powder alternative are considered propellants, not explosives. Anything sitting on a self in the store are are ones of these two.
Real black powder is considered and explosive & has to be stored in a magazine, not many places have real black powder & if they do you have to ask for it.
>>
>>32492573
Oh, ok cool. Good to know. You'll feel better when you get back to America
>>
>>32492400
no
firecrackers smell more of sulfur
>>
>>32492529
no body uses any form of gunpowder in fireworks
>>
tula ammo smells like cat piss
>>
>>32494258
Correct. The main explosive is modified black powder. The rocket motor uses potassium nitrate/sugar compounds. The colorants are fine powdered metals and organometal compounds.

None of these ingredients are in use in modern gunpowders.
>>
>>32492400
kinda, but for me the smell of gunpowder used for firearms is a lot more pungent and sticks in your nose for a while, kinda stings the inside of your nose after a long day of shooting
>>
>>32494612
Monsieur is a connoisseur.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.