[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /k/, newgunz here Do I really need a tacticool "gun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Hey /k/, newgunz here

Do I really need a tacticool "gun owner identity" flashlight or can I just put a normal fucking flashlight in my flashlight mount
>>
File: SAS05.jpg (221KB, 580x690px) Image search: [Google]
SAS05.jpg
221KB, 580x690px
If you're talking about mounting a light on your weapon and el-cheapo light will break under recoil.

A Maglight will work, but it's not exactly optimal.
>>
File: viningteam.jpg (332KB, 1728x1541px) Image search: [Google]
viningteam.jpg
332KB, 1728x1541px
>>32491810
Maglites were good enough for Vining, and they're fucking good enough for you. Ignore Tactical Flashlight Fags, Disregard Tactical Flashlight Posts
>>
as long as it's fairly durable it's fine
>>
Don't underestimate the mechanical stresses of recoil. It may not feel like that much to you when you fire it, but guns and their accessories have to be built tough to withstand recoil forces.

You could use a high end normal flashlight, but I would suggest just going for a low end purpose built weapon light.
>>
>>32492356
Don't b a fag. Led isn't subject to recoil
>>
>>32492356
>get low end weapon light
>normal high end flashlight
>low end
>high end

Why?
>>
yes durability should be your main concern as well as making sure it doesn't make you encumbered. this is one of the noob mistakes when min maxing,
make sure the type of light you use also fits with your character and setting you wouldn't let your rainbow 6 mix up with your silent hill.

or you can just buy a ~$20 flashlight that can fit your mount and use it only when you need it. if you are doing flashlight drills in low light get a buddy to use the flash light. all you are doing is identifying your target or targets, and he can switch it off and on in a range setting. if you want to go super cheap you can get those colorful aluminum ones 10 for $10 and just have back up on the range as well as determining if a $150 dollar light is better for you. or you can buy a cheap attachable tactical light for about $40. going from no light to 1000 lumen beam in front of you may actually hurt you more than help you.
if you plan on doing none of the above then don't stress. there is too many options out there at absolutely any price point. as with most things in my experience quality goes
$5=$20 comparable same shit
$20=$40
$40=$100
$100=$150
$150+

quality and materials platoe at certain price points depending on with the target audience is.
look at shit like machetes, a tactical zombie machete is like $40 a comparable quality landscaping one is like $10.
>>
>>32491810

I have this on my Mossberg 500:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001S0IN46/

I've put a bunch of HD loads and birdshot through the gun with the light on. Worked fine.
>>
>>32492448
Tactical zombie machete
Target audience
Colorful aluminum one
Silent rainbow mix
>>
>>32492384
the lens and glass are, fag
>>
>>32492448
>if you want to go super cheap you can get those colorful aluminum ones 10 for $10

those shut off if you so much as drop them
I've owned hundreds of the things because they're dogshit
>>
>>32492448
>going from no light to 1000 lumen beam in front of you may actually hurt you more than help you.

it hurts the guy you're shining it at

You know literally nothing of weapon lights, jesus christ
>>
>>32491810
how much do you care about the flashlight? most cheap flashlights dont hold up to recoil at all. you could tape a 3$ gas station led to your gun shoot 10-50 rounds have it break then tape on another one. you could do this like 20 times before reaching the same cost as a tactical light.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.