[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have Howard Leight by Honeywell electronic Earnuffs??

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (854KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
854KB, 750x1334px
Anyone have Howard Leight by Honeywell electronic Earnuffs?? How are they? Want to get some for the range.
>>
>>32489627
There are pretty damn good in my experience but to each their own
>>
>>32489696
What about using them without plugs in an indoor range?
>>
>>32489714
Just used em' today and it was fine.
>>
>>32489627
i think literally everyone has a set of those. theyre just ok, the foam is a bit thin and stiff which means it doesnt fit my fat head very well.
>>
>>32489627
I have
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007BGSI5U/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They work fantastically. Indoor and out, no earplugs.
>>
Mine fell apart after about a year.
>>
>>32489627
Mine work fine
>>
>>32489627
they are decent enough for what you pay. if you compare em to higherend ones they suck. if its compared to normal muffs or plugs you can hear what other people are saying its great.
>>
They work fine, but I have nothing to compare them against so... eh.

>>32489714

I use them with plugs because if you wear eye protection you'll break the seal.
>>
S. TX anon here
Moderately sensitive ears. Older 40yr old shooter / reloader
I own both the slim impact sport and the larger full size. The impacts dont cut it for indoor large caliber and yes i so have to double up with plugs. Thats why i carry the full size set for indoors. Yes theyre bulkier (compared to the impacts) compared to regular ear pro cans theyre really no diffrent. But indoors in AC its really not an issue. Outdoors especially when we hit 90-100 deg temps the larger size become a burden. The light i can wear for 3hour or so before i need a "breather" and i need to take them off. This is mainly because after a while they tend to squeal a bit especially in high heat and sweat. Id say its a fraction of a second squeal every 5 mins once you reach those conditions and after using for a few hours. You hardly feel them , they amplify great, i even hunt with them to monitor my footsteps and noise. They can be tricky to get a good seal at first with eye pro. The aux works fantastic , it plays very passively and you can still, very much , hear around you and id direction of sound. They pack VERY well and compact and my batteries go strong for about a year.
>>
>>32489627
Had to readjust my cheek weld on rifles a bit, sort of like the first time you wear an IBA, but it wasn't hard to get used to. They're pretty good for the price point.

>>32489800
Depends on your eyepro. I have eyeglasses and specifically bought thin frames and have no problems getting a seal.
>>
Best available for the price
>>
>>32489627
they're okay, great for pistols.

will interrupt cheek-weld with rifles, slightly.
>>
>>32489627
Good enough for 5.56 or .38 special, but not good enough for anything heavier.
>>
>>32489627
if you want them so you can use the aux cord it comes with you might be disappointed. the headphone input will only work if you turn the earmuffs on. if your phone or whatever you are using for input is too close it will probably cause interference and annoying clicking noise.

if you just want to use them to shoot and be able to hear people talk they will work fine. you might want to use ear plugs too because the earmuffs don't really reduce the sound that much.
>>
>>32489714
Seems there's always some fellow with his 10mm or 7.62 in the lane right over.

I prefer my 3M headphones for this reason.
>>
>>32489887
Which do you think would be better for both indoor and outdoor shooting? I'm on a student budget and can't buy both.
>>
i have to double up because i break the seal all the time, but if you crank the volume up with plugs in you can still hear voices better than plugs alone
>>
>>32490227
Which 3M model are you talking about?
>>
I'm fat so they don't fit my round head perfectly, but if you're normal sized with an oval face you should be fine
>>
>>32489627
meh go for the 3m things

they're cheap and work but don't get a good seal around the ears especially with rifles
>>
They are great for the money but give me a headache after a while.

I double up when firing loud guns or mostly anything outside .22lr.
>>
File: 41Bw+1by7wL.jpg (25KB, 500x266px) Image search: [Google]
41Bw+1by7wL.jpg
25KB, 500x266px
>>32490352
Amazon has them as: "3M-Peltor-Optime-Reduction-Earmuff"

I got them from work, they work well and I can still hear someone talking.
>>
>>32489627
garbage especially since they aren't "cheap" anymore.
>>
>>32489627
Once you get electronic muffs, you'll never want to go back. I have those and they're amazing. Super light, super slim, and they work really damn well. Plus the microphone function is pretty fun and makes talking and hearing order son the range a breeze. Above that, you can also plug in your music player and listen to some jams while you shoot.
>>
Larger calibers will probably want to double-up on earpro anyways.
Depends on your caliber, but .308 is about 156dB. The decibel scale is mathy as fuck, and I'll try to keep this simple. Roughly every 3dB you increase a sound level, it doubles the energy involved. Anything past 80dB is bad for long durations, past 100 is bad for longer than 30m durations, and past 120 is bad. Past 140 and any exposure is immediate, permanent damage.

These are only rated for a 22dB reduction, and most calibers are around 155-160dB, so even these things will bring the sound down into a "safe" range. Doubling up, even with in-ear pads rated for 30dB reduction isn't additive, it's only about a 5dB addition. So 22+5=28, but remember that decibels aren't linear, so that's more than halving the energy hitting your ears.
>>
>>32490629
>plug in your music player and listen to some jams while you shoot.
ive always wanted to do that but i think its seen as bad form if your sharing the range.
>>
They don't provide a proper seal on my head so sound leaks in from the back. Returned them.
>>
>>32490669
Uh, why would anyone care or even know?
>>
They're pretty damn good. The fuzzy microphone buds face backwards, by the way. The volume dial goes on the right side.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.