[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, /k/, humor me. If you took a .410 bore shotgun and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 410mossberg.jpg (278KB, 4480x1280px) Image search: [Google]
410mossberg.jpg
278KB, 4480x1280px
Alright, /k/, humor me.

If you took a .410 bore shotgun and fitted it with a rifled slug barrel and only shot sabot slugs through it, would it really be a shotgun? It pretty much fits all the criteria for being a rifle at that point. Where do you draw the distinction between the two longarm types?
>>
It's a slug gun.
>>
What the receiver was manufactured as.
>>
>>32484881
>only shot sabot slugs through it

The kind of ammo you feed through something doesn't determine what it is. You could jam your shotgun with 9mm and that doesn't make it a 9mm, and you could only eat garbage from the trash can and that still wouldn't make you a raccoon.
>>
>rifled barrel
Then it's a rifle that uses retarded expensive cases. Pump action rifles are a thing. They also shoot the same ammo for a fifth of the cost.
>>
>>32484881
It's the ability to fire multiple projectiles at once that makes it a shotgun. Just because you are not using that ability doesn't make it not exist
>>
File: shot45.png (272KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
shot45.png
272KB, 500x375px
>>32487700
>it appears we are at an impasse
>>
>>32484881
I've been thinking about this for a while, and then it hit me. Rifles are longarms that use cartridges without wads, and shotguns are longarms that use cartridges with wads. I feel that might be the most elegant definition between the two, better than the ATF's retarded 'what receiver it was made on' and 'how many projectiles it can fire at once' shit.
>>
>>32488030
I have some of these in treefiddyseven. Fun shit.
>>
>>32488030
Those were not intended originally to be used in that firearm. I know there are explosive shotgun shells (slugs) that doesn't make your shotgun a grenade launcher as it was not designed for that purpose.
>>
File: atf-at-the-range.jpg (27KB, 701x524px) Image search: [Google]
atf-at-the-range.jpg
27KB, 701x524px
>>32484881

Don't give the ATF any ideas dude.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.