[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

i got a shitty old mossberg 500 for babyjesusmas and the screw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: 354837354387.jpg (121KB, 780x911px) Image search: [Google]
354837354387.jpg
121KB, 780x911px
i got a shitty old mossberg 500 for babyjesusmas and the screw cap on the magazine tube is stuck no matter how much i use my hands or pliers. any suggestions?
>>
>>32466717
Liquid wrench?
>>
yeah you can fuck off how's that for a suggestion
>>
>>32466727
the only thing i have on me is generic gun oil, ballistol, and tools
>>
>>32466717
Take a picture of it.
>>
File: 54646446469.png (69KB, 178x246px) Image search: [Google]
54646446469.png
69KB, 178x246px
>pliers
>calling christmas presents shitty

Stop using the pliers unless as a last resort, and spray penetrating oil into the front of the tube where the screw connects to it, and wait for a few minutes. Then try unscrewing the cap with one of those rubber pickle jar things so you don't further mar the surface. If that doesn't work, you can try applying heat with a hairdryer while applying oil to (hopefully) better disperse it within the threads
>>
>>32466717
you need some kind of penetrating oil and some way to gt a bit of leverage on it
>>
>>32466760

>>32466767
>>32466768
thanks, will try
>>
>>32466767
i was using a bandanna with the pliers to prevent scratching
>>
>>32466740
Silicone lubricant isnt too horrible on metal on metal fixtures. YRMV
>>
>>32466796
Are you a lunch lady by any chance?
>>
channel locks and a piece of leather or towel. It'll take some effort to get it loose. In the future when tightening the nut, tighten until it won't go any further then back it off one click
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.