[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My sister's fiance got my Dad this light for Christmas.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 41xLAtHa0iL.jpg (20KB, 500x362px) Image search: [Google]
41xLAtHa0iL.jpg
20KB, 500x362px
My sister's fiance got my Dad this light for Christmas. It fit both me and my brother's pistols as well, so we are looking into getting one each for ourselves. It seemed reasonably bright (300 lumens) and fit snug, though we didn't take it to the range to see how it held up during fire. $35 for a light seems too good to be true however, so I was wondering if /k/ would have any input.
>>
>>32463897
it is what it is, a cheap made i china led light. led technology and cost has come a long way but i wouldnt trust my life to one. i would atleast look for a streamlight, which can be found for $80ish on sale.
of course, everyone's expectations are different, best case scenario, youll never have to use it or it works when you need it to.
>>
Chinese junk, will break under recoil.
>>
>>32463897
I used to have that light on my airsoft rifle! Worked well for that, slapped it on my Glock 17 and broke halfway through the first mag. Don't cheap out, get a Streamlight or better, chinese junk always fails.
>>
>>32463932
>>32463934
>>32463997
Good looking out guys. The suspicious low price and the mandatory strobe on the second switch-on (on-off-on) were enough to make me wary, but this just closed the lid on it for me. Will definitely be getting the TLR-1 (it's $83 from Amazon if you can wait 1-2 months), probably when we go to the range this Friday. Thanks dudes
>>
A thread inquiring on a cheap, low quality firearm accessory that ends up with the OP politely thanking another anon for giving good information? That's a first. But yes OP, definately get a TLR-1.

If you can, get the high lumen model that has 800 lumens.
>>
>>32464276
What threw me off about the HL is the fact my home is fairly small, so I'm not sure if I really need that much power. I suppose brighter is better though plus it's only ~$20 more, so what the hell, may as well get it!
>>
>>32464403
If you have the time, watch this. A good discussion on high lumen handhelds and weapon mounted lights. They go into depth concerning the myth that you will blind yourself if a light is too bright and it changed my perception on how much lumens is enough.

https://youtu.be/4q3YHn7Mnus?t=445
>>
>>32464403
hold on, id definitely do some more research before buying.
you might think more lumens = better but thats not always the case at all. like this anon said
>>32464587
too much light can be a detriment. your home is a big factor, both in size and how reflective things can be like walls
>>
Speaking of budget lights, anyone try the olight? I have several of their flashlights and they seem to be of high quality

https://olightworld.com/store/flashlight/pl-1-ii-valkyrie.html
>>
>$35 for one battery, one lightbulb, one steel shell, and one button
>too good to be true
No you need to spend at least $300 on a SureFire™ Light® for it to work.

Consumerism at its finest.
>>
>>32464276
>>32464403

Brighter is better outdoors. Indoors 800 lumens is as likely to blind you as whatever you're illuminating. Especially if your eyes are night-adapted and you have light-colored walls and god help you if you have a wall mirror.
>>
>>32464966
the issue is, and what a lot of people misunderstand not just you, theres a difference between a flashlight on a weapon and a weapons flashlight.
the latter is made speficially to handle the recoil and blast of a firearm, the former is not. a lot of people try the former and end up with broken lights bc the head isnt potted, circutry is subpar, lens brakes from blast, the flashlight rattles itself apart, etc..
but hey, for all the money you saved buying cheap, you can always buy another cheap flashlight, right?
>>
>>32464587
>>32464619
>>32465014
These are really good points, and thanks for the video. I guess at the end of the day it's more about how much you practice with the light. My house is fairly small, has a mirror in the living room and some light-colored walls/white moulding. Based on that I would say the standard TLR-1 would fit me best, as I doubt I'll use it outside unless I'm at a range or on a friend's land.

>>32464966
If you had read the thread, you would've found my reservations were based on the performance of the light while the gun is being fired (see: exactly when I want the thing to perform flawlessly). After looking into it more, I found enough failures to rule the cheaper light out.

Sure if it works under pressure, great, I saved money. I'd rather pay more for a reputable name for something I'm going to be entrusting my life to.
>>
>>32465049
>>32465110
>recoil
It's like you plebeians don't have AK-107's and A545's
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.